Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Soon to be buyer with Questions.

I'm going to be buying a 2010 used glk, hopefully and I have a few questions:

Firstly,

-How do you like your GLK?
-How does it drive to you? Smooth? Does it drive fast?
-The car I'm thinking about purchasing comes pretty much as standard as it gets. So before I buy I want to know if anyone with a standard GLK feel like they are missing out on anything?
-Anyone with the MM input or the ipod/aux input feel like its so great that I should get it?
BTW I LOVE listening to music in my car. I have a tape cassette adapter in my 2004 g35 now can't listen to the Radio type person. (Plan to pay a little extra for the dealer to put in the aux port)
-Do you think the standard stereo would be just as good as the Bose in my g35? I love bass sometimes the bass in my g35 would be so noisey that the sound quality diminishes on SOME songs.
-Really don't need navi even though I see it looks pretty cool. I absolutely NEEDED one for my g35. Got it. And I use the one on my phone because I like it more. So Navi isn't a problem.

I know this was a bit MUCH but I just want to know if I should wait and find a vehicle with all that extraness or just get this very standard one.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Shywade

Firstly,

-How do you like your GLK? (VERY NICE INDEED!)
-How does it drive to you? Smooth? (YES FOR A SMALL SUV) Does it drive fast? (YES FOR A V6)
-The car I'm thinking about purchasing comes pretty much as standard as it gets. So before I buy I want to know if anyone with a standard GLK feel like they are missing out on anything? (CANT'T HELP U THERE... WE HAVE EVERYTHING ON OURS)
-Anyone with the MM input or the ipod/aux input feel like its so great that I should get it? (GET IT)
BTW I LOVE listening to music in my car. I have a tape cassette adapter in my 2004 g35 now can't listen to the Radio type person. (Plan to pay a little extra for the dealer to put in the aux port)
-Do you think the standard stereo would be just as good as the Bose in my g35? (ABSOLUTELY NOT) I love bass sometimes the bass in my g35 would be so noisey that the sound quality diminishes on SOME songs. (GET AN AMP AND A SUB AND YOU'LL BE HAPPIER)
-Really don't need navi even though I see it looks pretty cool. I absolutely NEEDED one for my g35. Got it. And I use the one on my phone because I like it more. So Navi isn't a problem. (OEM NAVI BLOWS FOR THE PRICE. GET A NUVI (or something else) WITH ALL THE BELLS & WHISTLES INSTEAD)

I know this was a bit MUCH but I just want to know if I should wait and find a vehicle with all that extraness or just get this very standard one. ( MORE IS BETTER, PLUS THE BLACK RAILS DISTRACT FROM THE LOOKS IMO)

Last edited by MBRedux; 09-08-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 PM

GLK350
I tend to agree with MBRedux except for the black rails. Things that are black tend to disappear and things that aren't are more noticeable. I just happen to prefer the black rails. YMMV
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by Shywade

Firstly,

-How do you like your GLK? Love mine!
-How does it drive to you? Smooth? Does it drive fast? Agree w MBRedux.
-The car I'm thinking about purchasing comes pretty much as standard as it gets. So before I buy I want to know if anyone with a standard GLK feel like they are missing out on anything? That's up to you, what I like you might not but remember don't skimp but don't buy what you can't afford.
-Anyone with the MM input or the ipod/aux input feel like its so great that I should get it? Do you listen to an iPod regularly then you would want it. I have COMAND with the iPod integration but I don't use it because I have Sirius and enjoy the music there.
-Do you think the standard stereo would be just as good as the Bose in my g35? I love bass sometimes the bass in my g35 would be so noisey that the sound quality diminishes on SOME songs. See some of the threads about audio. That is a personal preference. I have the HK and like it a lot.
-Really don't need navi even though I see it looks pretty cool. I absolutely NEEDED one for my g35. Got it. And I use the one on my phone because I like it more. So Navi isn't a problem.

I know this was a bit MUCH but I just want to know if I should wait and find a vehicle with all that extraness or just get this very standard one. Don't settle tell the dealers that you are working with to let you sample GLK's with and w/o HK etc and pick what you like.
IMO
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 BMW M3, '11 GLK350 AMG (RWD)
Love my GLK - fast for an SUV, handles well (although I have the 20" wheels), also, much prefer the aluminum rails to the black on this car.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:29 AM

GLK350 4matic
I have a 2011 GLK 4Matic that has only the heated seats and the IPOD adapter. I love it - its quiet, quick, and corners quite well. I swapped a loaded 2006 Jaguar S-Type VDP V8 with Nav. for the GLK and I don't miss all the extra goodies at all. The GLK has proven to be ever more comfortable on long trips than the Jag was.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Old 09-16-2011, 10:05 AM

GLK 350, E430
How do you like your GLK? Absolutely LOVE this vehicle
-How does it drive to you? Smooth? Does it drive fast? Plenty of power. Gets up and goes in sport mode...wish you could set that is the default. Smooth...well...relatively. It isn't an E or S after all.
-The car I'm thinking about purchasing comes pretty much as standard as it gets. So before I buy I want to know if anyone with a standard GLK feel like they are missing out on anything? My GLK is really basic. I miss memory seats/mirrors and having an input jack for the stereo. I added a reciever hitch (Curt) and roof rack (Yakima) which makes my GLK the perfect boater's vehicle. I don't think I'd want to turn around on our pier at the lake in anything bigger and I get lots of people asking me about it because they see us doing sooo much with our GLK. Hauls all our boat gear...and hauls us to the Winery for a nice dinner in style. What's not to like?
-Anyone with the MM input or the ipod/aux input feel like its so great that I should get it? there are aftermarket alternatives but it is all crazy expensive just to get an input added. I live just fine without.
BTW I LOVE listening to music in my car. I have a tape cassette adapter in my 2004 g35 now can't listen to the Radio type person. (Plan to pay a little extra for the dealer to put in the aux port) If this is very high on your list...just do it.
-Do you think the standard stereo would be just as good as the Bose in my g35? I love bass sometimes the bass in my g35 would be so noisey that the sound quality diminishes on SOME songs. Eh, it is good for a factory setup. Needs more bass.
-Really don't need navi even though I see it looks pretty cool. I absolutely NEEDED one for my g35. Got it. And I use the one on my phone because I like it more. So Navi isn't a problem. I use my DroidX in a dock for nav in all my cars. Paying for permanently mounted nav is so 2005.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:48 PM

GLK350 4 Matic
i have standard speakers in glk. It is much better than my qx4 bose speakers but it may be just because they are new.

I took multimedia package because:
1. I was tired hanging my iphone on docks and I had to also hide the docks when I parked downtown. Though the tomtom in iphone is much more advanced than the merc nav.
2. Needed a connector to connect my ipod.
3. My wife needed a backup camera
Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
it is a nice small ute. refined-yes. fast-yes for a small ute, drives smooth? I'll say 50/50 and i like it maybe because of the self-adjusting suspension. standard stereo is so-so (I like my murano's bose stereo better). i think get a glk with at least a P1 package and if you don't need 4matic you'll save a couple more thousand there. black rails is really a hit and miss thing and depends on your taste I prefer the alum. rail though but maybe on a black color car it will look fine.