GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK Xenon lights and leather seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250 2015
GLK Xenon lights and leather seats

hey guys,i am new here, my first time GLK 250 4matic will arrive in a week i just had two questions please to help me up,,the first one is the beige interior leather is it easy to be cleaned?,,the second question is that i want to install xenon lights in it as its not coming with it so is it possible or it will lead to errors in the computer system? .. Thank you in advance
Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK350 4-Matic & 2003 E320
I have grey seats and my indigo jeans rub off on it. I wipe the seats with a wet disposable cloth once and awhile and the cloth turns blue. It doesn't wash off completely. Maybe I should try some oxiclean.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by GLK350AMG
I have grey seats and my indigo jeans rub off on it. I wipe the seats with a wet disposable cloth once and awhile and the cloth turns blue. It doesn't wash off completely. Maybe I should try some oxiclean.
If you want to have a bleached leather seat that will crack in six months, by all means go right ahead. You might as well use rubbing alcohol - that will also take out the indigo stains, together with the leather dye.

It's leather - not a porcelian toilet bowl. There are leather cleaners that you can use (followed by a conditioner so that it won't crack after you strip off the oils that keep the leather soft and elastic).
Old 05-05-2015, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by thesafwat
hey guys,i am new here, my first time GLK 250 4matic will arrive in a week i just had two questions please to help me up,,the first one is the beige interior leather is it easy to be cleaned?,,the second question is that i want to install xenon lights in it as its not coming with it so is it possible or it will lead to errors in the computer system? .. Thank you in advance
Is the interior Artico or real leather? I mean, spending $4K on the leather upgrade but saving $1K for the factory Xenons doesn't make much sense to me. The Artico wears a hell of a lot better than real leather, you won't stain it with normal use and seeing as it doesn't absorb anythign, it washes off with a damp cloth.

As for the Xenons, I would pass on the aftermarket garbage. I've seen way too many buned out wiring harnesses and melted headlight housinsgs. Presumably you had a choice when you bought the car - it is wasn't important enough for you then I guess you either live without them or you take your chances.

Last edited by Diabolis; 05-05-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Is the interior Artico or real leather? I mean, spending $4K on the leather upgrade but saving $1K for the factory Xenons doesn't make much sense to me. The Artico wears a hell of a lot better than real leather, you won't stain it with normal use and seeing as it doesn't absorb anythign, it washes off with a damp cloth.

As for the Xenons, I would pass on the aftermarket garbage. I've seen way too many buned out wiring harnesses and melted headlight housinsgs. Presumably you had a choice when you bought the car - it is wasn't important enough for you then I guess you either live without them or you take your chances.
Not necessarily. I did not do enough homework before buying my 2011 and the dealer never mentioned this option or I would have snapped it up.

I can only assume they wanted to move a car in stock and none of them had the Xenons.

That's the problem with presumptions; you weren't there so don't really know and you come off sounding like a snot...
Old 05-16-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLK250

Last edited by chrissk; 05-16-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 05-16-2015, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rmfnla
Not necessarily. I did not do enough homework before buying my 2011 and the dealer never mentioned this option or I would have snapped it up.

I can only assume they wanted to move a car in stock and none of them had the Xenons.

That's the problem with presumptions; you weren't there so don't really know and you come off sounding like a snot...
With all due respect, my friend - you are the one that bought the car without doing your homework and you succumbed to whatever sales and torture tactics the bad, bad dudes at the MB delership used to offload their Xenon-less car on a poor, innocent and unsuspecting soul. I think that right there ought to point you in the direction of who's the snot here.

And, how exactly does "me not being there" change anything? You didn't have a choice? Really? You mean, your old car stranded you in the middle of the Gobi desert, and as you were teethering on the verge of death you happened to come across the only MB dealership within a 1,000 mile radius with $50K burning a hole in your pocket and you had no choice but to buy the only car they had?

You asked for advice and didn't like the one you got, so you are now trying to justify your own ignorance and bad decisions by resorting to insults and "you were not there" excuses? Grow a pair and move on.

Last edited by Diabolis; 05-16-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Knowing the output of the Bi-Xenon vs the regular lights should be a no-brainer for everyone with the active curve illumination there are no other choices to consider. The cost is so well worth it. Glad I have it. I also just bought an RC F Sport and it has LED's that's where everything is going.

About throwing codes i am pretty sure it will because the Bi-Xenon lights have a different resistance value that the computer is looking for.