GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK250 DPF Regen and Code Reset Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2020 | 06:43 PM

GLK250
GLK250 DPF Regen and Code Reset Help

I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere and welcome any helpful links if that is the case. I have searched but have not yet been able to confirm which scanner / code readers, if any, have successfully performed a DPF regeneration for a 2014 GLK250.

Also, and related, which scanner / code readers have other GLK250 owners used successfully in clearing permanent codes, such as P2002 "Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold?" Last month it was a false low adblue light. Paid MB dealership for that one, but we all know how much they love to charge for any level of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2020 | 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
Welcome!

This scanner (
https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Mercedes-Sprinter-Professional-Diagnostic/dp/B015DNAMT2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=icarsoft+MB&qid=1591053271&s=automotive&sr=1-2 https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Mercedes-Sprinter-Professional-Diagnostic/dp/B015DNAMT2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=icarsoft+MB&qid=1591053271&s=automotive&sr=1-2
) says it can do DPF regens and is specific to MBs. I don't have one myself, so I can't confirm 100% but perhaps someone else can chime in.

As for "permanent" codes, most scanners don't delete these. The car's ECU will determine if the problem has indeed been fixed and will clear the code at some point. Scanners typically clear current active CELs and associated codes. As long as the problem is rectified and doesn't come back, the permanent code(s) will be eventually cleared in the background.
Old 06-05-2020 | 03:57 PM

GLK250
Thank you for the reply andreigbs. bluecoupe05 chimed in on another thread re: the icarsoft MBii and his GLK250, saying this:

Originally Posted by bluecoupe05
I have an icarsot MB II with the latest software version available.and it can not clear permanent DTC's only pending ones. It also cannot do DPF regens on my vehicle.
he goes on to say... "The dpf regen option is available and I understand that a member on the forum did get it to work on their E250 however I was not able to get it to recognize my GLK 250"

So there's one user's experience that it does not work for GLK250s.

As GLK250 owners, we are all in the same boat. Is there ANYONE who has successfully done their own regens on this vehicle with a handheld device? Please chime in
Old 06-06-2020 | 11:00 PM

GLK250
Update: I brought the vehicle into the dealership after replacing the charge air hose myself because I was still getting the CEL throwing a code P2002 "particulate filter efficiency below threshold." They wanted to charge me around $800 for a regen, I declined. I bought a few different additives, Diesel Extreme by Hotshots, Lucas Diesel Deep Clean, and Liqui Moly Diesel Purge. I opted to try the latter first, since it is made in Germany and is a really popular brand there. Took the GLK out for a "spirited" drive in sport mode; basically driving it like I was 17 again & looking out for police. Ran it for an hour solid, then a few hours later I drove hard heading home, with a cheap OBD reader plugged in. About 30 minutes into my drive back, I noticed there were no current codes and the CEL on my dash had turned off! I am now firmly in the camp of those who use quality additives in their diesel! I will be using the Liquid Moly Super Diesel additive once I burn through the LM Diesel Purge currently in the tank, every time I fill up. Costs about $7 at Napa.
Old 04-03-2021 | 11:46 AM

2015 Mercedes GLK250, 2003 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Anchorman2020
Thank you for the reply andreigbs. bluecoupe05 chimed in on another thread re: the icarsoft MBii and his GLK250, saying this:

he goes on to say... "The dpf regen option is available and I understand that a member on the forum did get it to work on their E250 however I was not able to get it to recognize my GLK 250"

So there's one user's experience that it does not work for GLK250s.

As GLK250 owners, we are all in the same boat. Is there ANYONE who has successfully done their own regens on this vehicle with a handheld device? Please chime in
I'm late to the party but I just did a regen on my glk250 yesterday. I appear to have NOx sensor issues, dpf got up to 150% full, addblu 10 starts remaining popped up when I was driving (thats what alerted me to an issue-no check engine light). I happened to have my autel ds808 with me, cleared the 10 starts left stupidity and forced a regen. Bit of a process and would only let it regen if I drove below 50 km/hr.
The car still has issues, there's a code for a problem with the addblu system... if I can't sort it out with the autel I'll get the system deleted for $2000 CAD. Lucky that I live in an area without emissions testing...
Old 04-03-2021 | 06:29 PM

GLK250
UPDATE:

I have recently received letter in the mail offering to join me in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Mercedes. Case is number 16-cv-881 in the District of New Jersey. I live in Hawaii, so I assume this is available to anyone in the US. Current and former owners can get between $897 and $3,590 for the AdBlue related problem with their vehicles.

ALSO, IMPORTANTLY, Mercedes is now, FINALLY and reluctantly, agreeing that there are issues with the AdBlue system and they are sending out letters to affected owners. My brother in law received one for his Sprinter recently, and he lives in Portland OR. I haven't received a letter yet but because he mentioned it I called in to my local dealership and they said the warranty claim is "open" now, so AdBlue vehicle owners can have the sensors and potentially the SCR system replaced, FREE OF CHARGE! (For those who haven't deleted yet) They are also updating the hardware to make the system tolerances less sensitive, and extending the emissions warranty out 4-6 additional years.

So now, I'm really glad I hadn't gotten around to deleting yet
Old 04-05-2021 | 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
Yes, MB finally opened up the recall process but just a minor correction: it's not the AdBlue system or vehicles. It's Bluetec. They will replace several things, including the diesel particulate filter (DPF) and a few sensors along with new software, but the AdBlue components are not listed as being replaced unless they fail later on, during the extended warranty period.

You should visit https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/ for more information and to register your car for the recall work. Once registered, they will mail you your own notice and you can set up an appointment with your local MB dealer to have the work performed.
Old 05-23-2021 | 01:40 PM

GLK250 2015
Foxewell scanner is the answer not icarsoft

https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-fo...pf#post8341660
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
This is the site who explain where and when AEM applies
https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/daim...vil-settlement
And here you can check your VIN if AEM still applies
https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/home