GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

2017 GLS450 A/C malfunctioning defaulting to heater in 7 out of 10 times sporadically

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLS450 Red/Black
2017 GLS450 A/C malfunctioning defaulting to heater in 7 out of 10 times sporadically

Hello Gurus,
2017 GLS450 A/C is blowing heat sporadically in roughly 7 out of 10 times. Other 3 out of 10 times it does blow very cold and nice air. Occurrence is very random.
Odometer=59400; No accident history. There is no warning light in dashboard. Car runs and smells like new. Issue started happening very recently.

On turning A/C, whenever it blows hot air I noticed that front defroster outlet starts blowing even though only face & leg vent settings have been chosen.

On scanning for codes in the A/C module (ACS system) I found following codes. All these codes are related to actuator motor malfunction. I am surprised how all actuator motors will malfunction at the same time.
Is there any master controller unit or master sensor that controls the actuators and that might be malfunctioning causing to show up as actuator motor malfunctioning ?
Because actuators are all located under dashboard so it is difficult to diagnose without ripping it apart.

Any tips or idea or comments or opinion please

Codes
--------
905207 - The actuator motor for the rear blend air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90FF07 - The actuator motor for air flap ''Left center vent'' has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
905807 - The actuator motor for the fresh air/recirculated air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90A907 - The actuator motor for the right blend air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90F707 - The actuator motor for air flap "left defroster outlet" has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90A207 - The actuator motor for the left blend air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90EF07 - The actuator motor for air flap "left footwell vent" has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.

Thanks in advance
The following users liked this post:
Kamilgts (03-26-2024)
Old 08-17-2021, 04:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 S550
Sorry to get your hopes up that this was a useful reply to you. But I am actually in the same boat as you. I bought the icarsoft MB v3 and I'm hoping that that's going to help doing a bit of debugging. V3 has actuation mode. I'm wondering if it's possible to actuate the dampers and flaps.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:02 PM

2017 GLS450 Red/Black
Originally Posted by cdnjibbers
Sorry to get your hopes up that this was a useful reply to you. But I am actually in the same boat as you. I bought the icarsoft MB v3 and I'm hoping that that's going to help doing a bit of debugging. V3 has actuation mode. I'm wondering if it's possible to actuate the dampers and flaps.
I have tried to use iCarSoft MB V3.0 - ACS (Air Conditioner) functions. There are three options in ACS as stated below:
1) Breaking-in of refrigerant compressor : successful, but does not fix the A/C issue.
2) Normalization of actuator motors : unsuccessful.
3) Teach-in of actuator motors : unsuccessful.

On using 2) Normalization of actuator motors - the icarsoft MB v3 attempts to communicate with the car for a good one minute or two, then it throws a message "This function was not successfully carried out". I have attempted it at least 5 times in past 1 week, but it failed all the times.
Same thing happened for 3) Teach-in of actuator motors - after two minutes wait, it throws a message "This function was not successfully carried out".
So, the icarsoft MB v3 is not helping me at all. Am I doing something wrong ?

Judging by the ACS modules codes, my guess is like some kind of software issue in ACS modules because not all actuator motors can break and malfunction at the same time, but don't know if there is any software update or anything for sure.
Is there any software update available for A/C system or a general software update ? How to do the software update ? Because 4 years and 50K miles passed, so it is out of warranty by MB.
Any other opinion or pointer ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 08-29-2021, 12:09 AM

2017 GLS450 Red/Black
Any help please ?
Diagnose reads error on all flap actuators. Additionally, following are few more error codes when only A/C (ACS) Air condition system was diagnosed.

D00887 - LIN Bus 1 has a malfunction. The message is missing.
913652 - The measurement run for actuator motors for air flaps has a malfunction. The component has not been put into operation.
913500 - The number of actuator motors for air flaps is faulty.
A22D00 - The automatic address allocation or the programming is faulty.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL550
Hey man how is it going, im getting exactly the same codes! were you able to find a solution for this?
Old 08-10-2023, 07:38 PM

2016 GLE350 2014 E350 Sport
Hi
On my 2016 GLE350, I am getting the same code "D00887 LIN BUS 1 HAS A MALFUNCTION, POSSIBLE PUSH BUTTON UNIT. POSSIBLE WIRING PROBLEM"

Do you have the fix?
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:51 PM

Gls450
[QUOTE=forloop;8396618]Hello Gurus,
2017 GLS450 A/C is blowing heat sporadically in roughly 7 out of 10 times. Other 3 out of 10 times it does blow very cold and nice air. Occurrence is very random.
Odometer=59400; No accident history. There is no warning light in dashboard. Car runs and smells like new. Issue started happening very recently.

On turning A/C, whenever it blows hot air I noticed that front defroster outlet starts blowing even though only face & leg vent settings have been chosen.

On scanning for codes in the A/C module (ACS system) I found following codes. All these codes are related to actuator motor malfunction. I am surprised how all actuator motors will malfunction at the same time.
Is there any master controller unit or master sensor that controls the actuators and that might be malfunctioning causing to show up as actuator motor malfunctioning ?
Because actuators are all located under dashboard so it is difficult to diagnose without ripping it apart.

Any tips or idea or comments or opinion please

Codes
--------
905207 - The actuator motor for the rear blend air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
90FF07 - The actuator motor for air flap ''Left center vent'' has a malfunction. There is a mechanical fault.
905807 - The actuator motor for the fresh air/recirculated air flap has a malfunction. There is a mechanical
Old 03-26-2024, 05:53 PM

Gls450
[QUOTE=Kamilgts;8946042][QUOTE=forloop;8396618]Hello Gurus,
hi did you fix the problem? I have the same issue. Thanks in advance