GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Front Parktronic sensors going haywire (2021 GLS63)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2022 | 02:30 AM

2021 (MY21.5) GLS 63 | Diamond White | 23" Multispoke | Interior Carbon | Rear Seat Entertainment
Front Parktronic sensors going haywire (2021 GLS63)

Hi all,

We finally got our new GLS63 in time for Christmas last year and the last six months have been an ongoing (very irritating) battle with Parktronic issues.

From the first trip, our front inner right sensor would periodically scream with the red warning even though nothing was around the vehicle. It then proceeds to light up around the entire car while it screams it you, as you can imagine this is quite frustrating.
Mercedes said it was a calibration issue and attempted to reset the system... It didn't fix it.
Three months on, they finally replaced the sensor and it seemed to be good for a month.
Today, the front inner left sensor has started doing exactly the same thing and I'm at my wit's end with it (after putting up with this since new).

I've cleaned the sensors, doesn't fix it.
I've asked Mercedes if it's the front number plate (large Euro-style NSW plates), and they have said this wouldn't be the issue.

Does anyone know what this could be? Any ideas on how Mercedes can fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?
This car only has 3,000kms on the odometer so it is still brand new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

T.
Old 07-03-2022 | 06:22 AM

2021 (MY21.5) GLS 63 | Diamond White | 23" Multispoke | Interior Carbon | Rear Seat Entertainment
Just confirming the sensors that are the problem are the second ones in from the edge of the vehicle, not the ones closest to the numberplate.
Cheers,
T.
Old 07-04-2022 | 09:14 PM

GLE 450
Parktronic

Originally Posted by tangobreado
Just confirming the sensors that are the problem are the second ones in from the edge of the vehicle, not the ones closest to the numberplate.
Cheers,
T.
I am having the same exact issue with my 2021 GLS 63. Any solutions/suggestions?
Old 07-04-2022 | 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mofo3
I am having the same exact issue with my 2021 GLS 63. Any solutions/suggestions?
At least it's not just me... what country are you in?
Our car has the night package (standard in Australia) so I was wondering if that was causing reflection or something?
Also, our car has the large front numberplate but given that it's the second sensors and not the middle sensors that have the problem even Mercedes has said they don't think it's the large Euro-style plate that is the issue.

As I'm sure you agree, this is incredibly frustrating!
Old 07-05-2022 | 03:59 AM

2023 Maybach GLS600, 2023 Bentley Bentayga, 2023 Genesis GV60, 2017 AMG GLS63
Yeah, my car does that fairly often. In fact it did it on the very first drive off the dealers lot, and when I mentioned it, the sales person said I just need to turn Parktronic off. Unbelievable.
Old 07-05-2022 | 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by jbattan
Yeah, my car does that fairly often. In fact it d id it on the very first drive off the dealers lot, and when I mentioned it, the sales person said I just need to turn Parktronic off. Unbelievable.
Bloody disappointing! Surely if this is a widespread problem MB will have a bulliten out to rectify it?
We are now booked in to get another sensor replaced. Hopefully this fixes it for good...
Old 07-05-2022 | 07:45 AM

GLE 450
Frustrsting

Frustrating is an understatement. Benz has said they cannot recreate my issue despite me having numerous videos of it happening. Will take another run at them. It is a ‘21 and I live in the US.
Old 07-22-2022 | 03:15 PM

2021 AMG GLS63w
Ditto

Having right side issue since purchased new
Old 07-22-2022 | 05:35 PM

Replacement seems to fix it?

Since benz replaced it it seems to not have happened again. Fingers crossed it was just a batch of dodgy sensors from factory.
Benz did say they are having the same issues with some of the GLE63s they have delivered and it always seems to be the same sensors.
Hopefully this stops it for good.