MB toll system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 01:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS
MB toll system

Hi,

I live in Seattle area and we have GoodToGo toll system. I want to get the toll tag installed but it looks like the windshield has specific location to install the tag. I was trying to find location of tag on windshield in the manual and I came across MB toll system. Is this present on all GLS (mine is 2022) and I can use it here in WA state? Any one tried it?

If the MB toll system doesn't work then what is a good place to put the tag on windshield. I have acoustic package infrared glass.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2022, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,560 Posts
2019 C63CS
The MB toll system is managed by a third-party company. It requires a monthly subscription and you don't get preferred toll pricing in systems where residents pay lower tolls than visitors. Not sure if Seattle is one of them. The integrated toll module is really mostly useful for travelling if you drive in multiple toll authorities and don't wanna have to carry a transponder for all of them. If you are just driving in the Seattle area then it's not worth it. It'll cost you more just by the fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription.

https://payviam.com/

The typical locations for the transponders are right next to the rearview mirror on the passenger side and on the lower left corner (driver side). Another option is to consider a license plate account. Do you really need a transponder in the first place? The only reason we need transponders here in the SF Bay Area is if you wanna drive on the Express lanes, which are free for 3+ occupants. The transponder has a switch to indicate the number of occupants. I've used the Express lanes only once and likely won't use them ever again. The pricing is ridiculous and not worth it and I rarely have 3+ people in the car, so I'm considering to get rid of my transponder and just use a license plate account.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:18 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts
2021 GLE450W4 SUV
These are for the GLE but they should help:

Lower window installation: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...rage-gate.html

Upper window installation: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8408449
The following users liked this post:
muadi (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:10 PM

GLS
Originally Posted by superswiss
The MB toll system is managed by a third-party company. It requires a monthly subscription and you don't get preferred toll pricing in systems where residents pay lower tolls than visitors. Not sure if Seattle is one of them. The integrated toll module is really mostly useful for travelling if you drive in multiple toll authorities and don't wanna have to carry a transponder for all of them. If you are just driving in the Seattle area then it's not worth it. It'll cost you more just by the fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription.

https://payviam.com/

The typical locations for the transponders are right next to the rearview mirror on the passenger side and on the lower left corner (driver side). Another option is to consider a license plate account. Do you really need a transponder in the first place? The only reason we need transponders here in the SF Bay Area is if you wanna drive on the Express lanes, which are free for 3+ occupants. The transponder has a switch to indicate the number of occupants. I've used the Express lanes only once and likely won't use them ever again. The pricing is ridiculous and not worth it and I rarely have 3+ people in the car, so I'm considering to get rid of my transponder and just use a license plate account.
How do I set it up in the GLS? I don't see toll service option in the Apps tab.
Old 08-25-2022, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by muadi
How do I set it up in the GLS? I don't see toll service option in the Apps tab.
In MB vehicles that support it there's supposed to be a "Tolls" app in MBUX through which you sign up. You can't sign up on the payviam site like you can with Audi. If you don't' have the "Tolls" app, then your car doesn't have the ITM. Based on my recollection, the ITM was delayed initially. Not sure what the current availability is.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:05 PM

GLS
Originally Posted by superswiss
In MB vehicles that support it there's supposed to be a "Tolls" app in MBUX through which you sign up. You can't sign up on the payviam site like you can with Audi. If you don't' have the "Tolls" app, then your car doesn't have the ITM. Based on my recollection, the ITM was delayed initially. Not sure what the current availability is.
Yeah, I don't see this app in my car. Looks like I will have to go with normal tag. Is there any way I can check if I have this system?
Old 08-25-2022, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by muadi
Yeah, I don't see this app in my car. Looks like I will have to go with normal tag. Is there any way I can check if I have this system?
I don't know if the transponder is mounted somewhere you could see it, but if you had it there would be settings and information in your MBUX for it. The video below shows what it looks like and how it works in the S Class.