Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Lifestyle > Investing
Anyone buy any silver? >

Anyone buy any silver?

Notices
Investing A private forum to discuss matters relating to investing, saving, retirement and more!

Anyone buy any silver?

 
Old 02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Anyone buy any silver?

I purschased some silver a couple months ago when it was around $28.00 a ounce. Not too much of it 10 ounces. It is not at $35.00 thanks to being up $1.00 alone today. Buy more or sell off?
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
Buy more... I am
johnng117 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by johnng117 View Post
Buy more... I am
She is sitting around $35.50 and up $1.14 at the moment. How high do you think it will go?
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
I'm a long term buyer, my target is over $100.
But if your looking just for a quick flip around ~$35.8 is a good time to exit.
johnng117 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:20 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by johnng117 View Post
I'm a long term buyer, my target is over $100.
But if your looking just for a quick flip around ~$35.8 is a good time to exit.
Thought about it but said no too it. I kicked myself for not selling it for a few hours and then looked today and she jumped up $1.47. I am still in and waiting for it to go even higher. I hope it goes near $45.00
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
I'm sure it will test its last highs, good on you that your still holding on to it.
johnng117 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by johnng117 View Post
I'm sure it will test its last highs, good on you that your still holding on to it.

Until today where it is falling $2.11. Its ok. Things like this happen. What goes down must come back up. I still have faith in it.
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kustom2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,906
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
03SL55
Silver/ Depends on how much money central banks need to print going forward. Bernanke loves to print and Europe will be an issue for years to come. Nothing wrong with holding physical. If your trading paper then thats a different story. Watch the charts, read the news.

I like to say what goes up must come down. The upside is unlimted whereas the down side is not. Here's a good video where Ron Paul talks with Bernanke a bit about Silver
Skip past Barney Frank about 50 seconds into the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=H4uL6CSiGrU#!
kustom2k1 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by kustom2k1 View Post
Silver/ Depends on how much money central banks need to print going forward. Bernanke loves to print and Europe will be an issue for years to come. Nothing wrong with holding physical. If your trading paper then thats a different story. Watch the charts, read the news.

I like to say what goes up must come down. The upside is unlimted whereas the down side is not. Here's a good video where Ron Paul talks with Bernanke a bit about Silver
Skip past Barney Frank about 50 seconds into the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=H4uL6CSiGrU#!
Great video! I like Ron Paul. He is very educated and I enjoy listening to him speak. Are you a Ron Paul fan if you do not mind me asking?
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kustom2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,906
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
03SL55
Love Ron Paul. Bush proved its not difficult to run the country yet easy to **** it up.
kustom2k1 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by kustom2k1 View Post
Love Ron Paul. Bush proved its not difficult to run the country yet easy to **** it up.
Love Ron Paul as well. I know this will not happen but I would love to see him get in the White House and fix the nonsense. This guy took things from bad to worse!
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 489
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL600 - Sold 2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
Gold at $1,650.00 and silver at $32.00 as of 3/21/2012.

It seems the roaring DOW (13124 as of today) and somewhat positive housing news is causing metals to dip a bit. I don't buy it.

If silver drops to $26 again, I'm buying.

If gold drops to $1,200.00, I'm buying.

I think it is feasible silver could dip again. I'm not sure I see gold going much lower even if we continue to hear positive stories about the economy from the media.

As for real estate. It all comes down to supply and demand. Right now prices seem to be stable thanks to artificially low (4%???? Are you kidding me???) interest rates and the constant effort from banks and the goverment to limit foreclosure supply. I think an increase in interest rates would be trouble for housing and I think we are in REAL BIG TROUBLE when/if all the distressed/overleveraged inventory hits the market.
LukasBMW is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by LukasBMW View Post
Gold at $1,650.00 and silver at $32.00 as of 3/21/2012.

It seems the roaring DOW (13124 as of today) and somewhat positive housing news is causing metals to dip a bit. I don't buy it.

If silver drops to $26 again, I'm buying.

If gold drops to $1,200.00, I'm buying.

I think it is feasible silver could dip again. I'm not sure I see gold going much lower even if we continue to hear positive stories about the economy from the media.

As for real estate. It all comes down to supply and demand. Right now prices seem to be stable thanks to artificially low (4%???? Are you kidding me???) interest rates and the constant effort from banks and the goverment to limit foreclosure supply. I think an increase in interest rates would be trouble for housing and I think we are in REAL BIG TROUBLE when/if all the distressed/overleveraged inventory hits the market.

Totally Agree!!
johnng117 is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Where is everyone standing on silver right now? Today is September 18th of 2012 and Silver is about $34.50 per ounce. Go in more or stay away? Right now I have 0 silver and I sold out a while back. Looking to get back in metals game.
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
FraKctured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 488
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203-4M W163
Buy. We're in a fiat money death spiral, printing $40 Billion a month (1/2 Trillion a year) with no end date.
FraKctured is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,504
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by FraKctured View Post
Buy. We're in a fiat money death spiral, printing $40 Billion a month (1/2 Trillion a year) with no end date.

I ended up buying about $3,000 worth about 2 weeks ago. I am liking it so far.
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 08:07 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
FraKctured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 488
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203-4M W163
Can't hurt to have a little savings in something other than paper...
FraKctured is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:02 PM
  #18  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C class
fbuckner is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C class
oops...sorry wrong forum...still trying to figure this out.
fbuckner is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy any silver?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: