Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Some action tonight with a Porsche C4S and a 03 Cobra..yellow bellied suckers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
Some action tonight with a Porsche C4S and a 03 Cobra..yellow bellied suckers

***Videos with commentarys will be posted soon***

Cars:

2004 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG (the C32R)
Supercharged 3.2L V6
RENNTech ECU and Pulley kit, SL55 intake splitter, filters, street tires (no drag radial nor sticky compound tire),

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Supercharged 4.6L V8
Pulley, Chip, intake, exhaust, live rear axle, Nitto NT555R drag radials, and dont know what else, but I was told he puts down 480rwhp.

2004 Porsche Carrera 4 S
F6
I dont know anything but that car, just some rich old dude driving it.

A little background...
Last tuesday night I was at a muscle car hangout when this ref with an 03 Mustang Cobra approaches me for a race... guy can barely speak english and him and his boys were talking LOTS OF SMACK. So I asked him to run from a dig and he kept *****ing and whining about tires... I look at his tires and his Nitto Drag Radials are bald, one had wire showing. The kid wanted to roll race but hell, with tires like that I wouldnt even drive over 30mph. So the kid continues to talk smack with his boys saying im a P*ssy and all this smack so I stay quiet.. all I tell them is "come with some tires and we'll run a real heads up race from a dig" so they told me to be out thursday (tonight).

Fun with the Porsche...
I met up with my 2 friends, we grabbed the camara and decided to head out tonight and film this. On our way to the car hangout a Yellow Porsche C4S pulls next to me and we start pacing each other, he looks over and is laughing and shaking his head, then starts reving. We come to the first light and get blocked off by traffic, we got next to each other again he punched it first, i punched it after him (I have 3 heads in the car) and i start to pull him. So we line up again at a red light, this time my friend decides to pull the camara out and start filming. The guy in the C4S is like "lets go again". He tries to move ahead and jump the gun so w/e I let hiim and i start creeping forward while powerbraking... light turns green and I holeshot his AWD C4S nasty style and start to pull and pull and pull. I'll post taht vid soon.

Race with the 03 supercharged Cobra...
So I pull up to the hangout and walk across the street to the ricer section to look around and the cobra pulls up with a brand new set of Nitto NT555R drag radials still talking crap and asking me "come on meng, lez do tis yo". I ask his hyperactive little punk @$$ to chilll out and wait till it gets later so the heat dies down. I swear the kid and his friends are like chiwawas trying to hump your leg. So later on in teh night and we head out to my spot to race. My camara man sets up and I line up with the Cobra to race. On 3 honks, we are off and I manage to holeshot that Cobra, I spun the later 1/2 of 1st gear and the beginning of 2nd but hooked by the middle of 2nd gear and pulled an amtrack train length on the cobra.

Aftermath...
Being the sportsman I am I go up to the SLOWbra and his reffy friends and shake their hands and tell them "nice race". They were so shamed that they didnt want to shake hands. You see the guy leaning against his car PISSED OFF. It is going to get worse for those kids b/c after I get through with adding some commentary to that video I am posting it up on every racing forum I post on. Hes got the bigger motor, lighter car, and stickier tires but he got F*cked up Scandalous Style baby!! :v Maybe he should make use of that Cobra and build it into a raft.

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 03-25-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
dam that guy in the cobra cant drive. Thats rediculous. he should be well into the 11s with those mods. Hell DRs alone should net a low 12, Chip, Intake and Exhaust on that car should next 50-60 hp. what a loser good kill man.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:20 AM

2007 E550, 2011 BMW 335i
HA... good story, and i got a great laugh from it...Good KIll
Old 03-25-2005, 04:46 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
hahaha definately nice post. Got some goooood laughs. Remember, it's always the driver ,not the car. ***** talkers like those motiviate me to build my car and put them to shame.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Great kill! You're located in Miami right? Maybe next time I'm down there we can meet up and I can check out your car.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 C32 AMG
hey so what happened to the porsche vid??
Old 07-22-2005, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
let me find it, ill post it up tonight!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
heres the C4S kill video...

http://www.305sr.com/~staff/benzo/C32vsC4S.wmv <--right click and save as
Old 07-23-2005, 02:08 AM

'97 MB E420 Sport/'88 MR2
frickin' loser shouldn't own a Cobra...makes the real Cobra owners look bad...definitely a bad driver
Nice kills
Old 07-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E55, 2002 996 C2, 2005 BMW 530i, 2002 Nissan Xterra
With all due respect, it sure looked like he wasn't racing you at all.( 911 C4 ) I know your car is fast( being modded), but he would have been closer than that. Those cars do 0-100 in 11.0. See link below for review from Car and Driver.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4

Nice car you have though.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by toothdoc
With all due respect, it sure looked like he wasn't racing you at all.( 911 C4 ) I know your car is fast( being modded), but he would have been closer than that. Those cars do 0-100 in 11.0. See link below for review from Car and Driver.

Agree. I could've given you a better race with my wife's V-8 4Runner.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!

No offense but lets put aside the magazine racing shall we...

oh he definately knew he was racing.... he was talking trash to me earlier be4 we lined up at the light. Yes my car is modded, but I know how to drive my car!! Ive holeshotted many many AWD cars. It was a C4S btw... if you actually payed any attention to detail then you can see that a C4S has a light bar that runs across the rear b/w the two tail lights (which this car had)...plus the front fascia is very similar to the 996 Turbo's.

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 07-23-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:21 PM

ML350 '06
Damn nice kills!

As for the C4S...I believe he was wanting to get it on and as soon as Benzo left him (with a quickness I might add) he may have given up after seeing nothing but tailpipes. Why else would the C4S try jumping out ahead? That or the C4S shifted wrong and knew he was SOL.

Thanks for the Video Benzo! Can't wait to see the Cobra getting destroyed!

Nick

Last edited by Nickerz; 07-23-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Almost a Member!

It's not only from magazine racing, it's from first hand experience. I have an 05 E55, and an 02 996 C2. I have lined up my car with the beast before at a light, and it was nothing like your video.( Up to 60 mph) The E55 won, but the separation to 30-40 mph wasn't near as great as in your video.
The problem with the video is by 30-40 mph your 3-4 car lengths ahead of him, and he is still at the light. Again, that car in the hands of a capable driver will do 60 in around 4.5 seconds. What does your car do it in? It would have to be around 3.0 to create that much distance between him and you by 30-40 mph. Now a days cars are so similiar in hp or less weight/hp that it takes a greater distance and speed for substantial separation to begin. Either he is the worse driver I have ever seen or he wasn't racing you. He might have been running his mouth, but when it came down to it, he didn't go through with it.
Hey DerekFSU, you have the fastest E55 around, do you think you would have had that much separation by 30-40 mph on the C4? Maybe Derek's car could, but still that is a lot of space between 2 cars for only that speed.
I wish you could have video taped a roll from 30 mph Love your car. AMG power!

Vomit, your post made me laugh. I think you see where I am coming from.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
It's not only from magazine racing, it's from first hand experience. I have an 05 E55, and an 02 996 C2. I have lined up my car with the beast before at a light, and it was nothing like your video.( Up to 60 mph) The E55 won, but the separation to 30-40 mph wasn't near as great as in your video.
The problem with the video is by 30-40 mph your 3-4 car lengths ahead of him, and he is still at the light. Again, that car in the hands of a capable driver will do 60 in around 4.5 seconds. What does your car do it in? It would have to be around 3.0 to create that much distance between him and you by 30-40 mph. Now a days cars are so similiar in hp or less weight/hp that it takes a greater distance and speed for substantial separation to begin. Either he is the worse driver I have ever seen or he wasn't racing you. He might have been running his mouth, but when it came down to it, he didn't go through with it.
Hey DerekFSU, you have the fastest E55 around, do you think you would have had that much separation by 30-40 mph on the C4? Maybe Derek's car could, but still that is a lot of space between 2 cars for only that speed.
I wish you could have video taped a roll from 30 mph Love your car. AMG power!

Vomit, your post made me laugh. I think you see where I am coming from.
if your E55 is stock then id love to line up with it!! Theres a guy with a 211 E55 that lives down my block, we played once and he doesnt want to play anymore...i wonder why :v !!

BTW, rolling is for ppl who cant drive!! Oh and sorry, I cant measure my exact 0-60, Im not a magazine... like real people, I take my car to the drag strip and run 1/4 mile!!! Anybody who tries to guesstimate their 0 to 60 time without real professional equiptment is a little if you ask me!!! The only 0 to 60 i can measure accurately is my 0 to 60ft time...and that was pulled off at 1.9 consistantly last time with -4 degrees of camber and street tires...but as you all know, that camber issue is already resolved. :v

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 07-23-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
As far as the cobra vs my C32...

here we go...

http://www.305sr.com/~staff/benzo/StangVsBenzo.wmv <--right click and save as

Even added a little bonus in the end!!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
No offense was intended, Benzo. I don't even know the magazine stats on a C4, so I am obviously not playing magazine racer. I have, however, driven a C2, and it is a decently fast car.

It just looked like the C4 driver was either not trying to race, or was a complete tard. Since he was talking B.S. to you, it must have been the latter. You will concede, I assume, that a talented driver in a C4 would have at least given you a good run.

Keep up the arsekicking & vids. Nobody is flaming, just expressing opinions/observations.

Give us some more details on your run with a 211 E55

Last but not least, your C32 is obviously one of the fastest (probably THE fastest) on this board. What mod or mods do you think "put you over the top?" I am sure that we would all appreciate your insight on launch techniques too.

Kudos.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
One more detail, it looks like the Porsche had only the driver and, by the voice in the video, you had two passengers?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Almost a Member!

What are your 1/4 mile times at the track?
Your not picking on your bigger brother are you(E55)?? LOL. I would rather bring out the C2, and see how you do on the curves

I respect your opinion, but still have to disagree with that video. You'll see some day when you line up next to a C4 that has a good driver. It will be a lot closer race than that video, especially at those speeds.

Just has you said " rolling is for ppl who cant drive ", I feel the same way about straight line acceleration with auto's. Not much skill involved in the AMG's. Just floor it, and hold on. That is why at the strip AMG's will run very close to the same times over and over, and my wife could run a good 1/4 mile time. It would have been nice to see you get into some curves with the C4. I would be willing to bet the video camera would have been pointing the other way. Actually with that driver you may have been video taping him in the ditch. LOL.

I track my C2. That is why I kept it. It has everything. Speed, braking, and cornerning. Where as the E55 is just brute straight line force, and nothing quite like it.

Thanks for posting the videos. I wish some us lived closer to each other. Would be fun. Keep up the good work with the AMG.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
What are your 1/4 mile times at the track?
Your not picking on your bigger brother are you(E55)?? LOL. I would rather bring out the C2, and see how you do on the curves

I respect your opinion, but still have to disagree with that video. You'll see some day when you line up next to a C4 that has a good driver. It will be a lot closer race than that video, especially at those speeds.

Just has you said " rolling is for ppl who cant drive ", I feel the same way about straight line acceleration with auto's. Not much skill involved in the AMG's. Just floor it, and hold on. That is why at the strip AMG's will run very close to the same times over and over, and my wife could run a good 1/4 mile time. It would have been nice to see you get into some curves with the C4. I would be willing to bet the video camera would have been pointing the other way. Actually with that driver you may have been video taping him in the ditch. LOL.

I track my C2. That is why I kept it. It has everything. Speed, braking, and cornerning. Where as the E55 is just brute straight line force, and nothing quite like it.

Thanks for posting the videos. I wish some us lived closer to each other. Would be fun. Keep up the good work with the AMG.
no, not picking on my older brother...well actually yes I am..hehe... the 211 E55 should clearly be a much more powerful car and Id definately take one over my C32 but lets say I have a couple tricks up my sleeve as far as str8 line racing is concerned. As far as racing your porsche in the twisties...I never modded my luxery sedan for the road course nor do I have the above novice road racing experience to take out a porsche but Im sure I'll be much more formidable against your E55 around the twisties. Maybe someday I'll take my C32 to Homestead speedway and try how it handles on a road course...afterall I do have a buddy that can help me out seeing that he's and instructor for SAFE Motorsports.

As far as what a C4S runs in the 1/4 mile... I have seen them run low 13s... I assure you I am MUCH MUCH faster then a low 13. I have never seen a 996 C4S nor 996 C2 at the same drag strip I run at pull any times even close to my best ET or trap. And I quote you "Not much skill involved in the AMG's. Just floor it, and hold on.". Ask anybody with a C32, C55, CLK55, E55, etc on street tires... what will happen if you do that. (ESP on you bog, ESP off you spin) Anybody whos ever ran their AMG at the strip should know that. I understand you are probably very experienced with road racing, I will admit that I am not...but one thing I have been doing for a long time and spent lots of time trying to master is called "the hole shot"...your best friend at the drag strip. You dont expect John Force to jump behind the wheel of an indy car and own teh course now do you? Comparing Porsches to MBs is like comparing apples to oranges... one is a true sports car, the other is a sporty luxery cruiser.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Vomit
One more detail, it looks like the Porsche had only the driver and, by the voice in the video, you had two passengers?
yes, I had 2 passengers with me and teh Porsche driver was alone!!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Vomit
No offense was intended, Benzo. I don't even know the magazine stats on a C4, so I am obviously not playing magazine racer. I have, however, driven a C2, and it is a decently fast car.

It just looked like the C4 driver was either not trying to race, or was a complete tard. Since he was talking B.S. to you, it must have been the latter. You will concede, I assume, that a talented driver in a C4 would have at least given you a good run.

Keep up the arsekicking & vids. Nobody is flaming, just expressing opinions/observations.

Give us some more details on your run with a 211 E55

Last but not least, your C32 is obviously one of the fastest (probably THE fastest) on this board. What mod or mods do you think "put you over the top?" I am sure that we would all appreciate your insight on launch techniques too.

Kudos.
well, im pretty sure that i dont have the most powerful C32 on this message board but lets just say experience over wheelspin and bogging can own... a 211 E55 will not recover that easily from a 4 car holeshot by the end of the 1320. I admit that the C4S should have done a little better but not much...I know what they are capable of. I only share the stories as I see and live them... why take the fun out of it and over analyze things!!! If you lived closer I'd meet up with you and show you some tricks with the C32.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Nice kill on the mustang! But I don't think the C4S was trying to race.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:21 PM

E55
Benzo - just post your damn best ET and let us see it! First you elude to being great at the dragstrip and then you say your 1/4 ET is MUCH MUCH better than 13's. If it's so good, post it - what are you afraid of! It's not like the law will catch you for dragging at the strip.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by mrankovic
Benzo - just post your damn best ET and let us see it! First you elude to being great at the dragstrip and then you say your 1/4 ET is MUCH MUCH better than 13's. If it's so good, post it - what are you afraid of! It's not like the law will catch you for dragging at the strip.
I already posted one of my times on a stickied topic!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some action tonight with a Porsche C4S and a 03 Cobra..yellow bellied suckers