Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Lets Race........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets Race........

dont know if this is a repost but I picked it up from another site and it is a must read, especially for those with amg's in VA, and if this is true it is absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5132
Old 05-22-2006, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Doesn't fully make sense ... any half-decent lawyer could argue that that is entrapment
Old 05-22-2006, 12:17 PM

I would hope so, but the thought that this is actually happennig is just.... well plain crazy
Old 05-22-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Yeah that happens all over here in SoCal too. Last I heard the cops were driving silver Z28's and the Glendale PD has a black Accord V6. All cars have dark tinted windows, and the LED lightbar is on the dash.

If I saw one of those light up, I'd bail out on it. You could always say you thought it was some fool impersonating a cop. You'd just have to move VERY quickly before the squads get there.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 PM

Where in socal? I did live in the tri-county area and never knew of this. I now live in SD and still cant believe this is actually happening...
Old 05-22-2006, 02:46 PM

a toy
The Z28's are around the SF Valley. I actually saw one of them on the freeway. The only way to know when in front is the holes on the right side of the front bumper, next to the foglight to help the siren.

The Accord is in Glendale.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 PM

A Beater
That is B.S....
Old 05-22-2006, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Good Lookin' Out ctogo

I live/drive in Fairfax County, Virginia every day - between the county and state cops, the sh*t's on lock down - sneaky *******s.... It's why I try to keep it above 90 on the freeway so as to limit my "total exposure time"

I'll tell you one thing though, G35's are dime-a-dozen around here - that probably factored into their choice after all, everyone would notice an undercover Murcielago but I guarantee that with the number of tickets they write around here there's more than enough money to pay for one.....
Old 05-22-2006, 04:30 PM

A Beater
I have to warn "Woman" about this when she has the urge to race...
Old 05-22-2006, 05:36 PM

a toy
Just have her race me.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
I guess im gonna have to watch my 6 for those black g35's and try to slow down a little bit on the highway.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
Doesn't fully make sense ... any half-decent lawyer could argue that that is entrapment

To bad the lawyers arnt wining these cases. So far I have yet to hear about anyone being able to beat one. Since you dont have to race the person it is by your choice they are not forcing you to do anything. No different than them posing as prostitutes.

My advice is if you think its a cop and they are harassing you and trying to get you to race them, pick up your cell phone and call the police and have them pulled over and you can explain to the other police officer that he is harassing you and driving reckless and make sure to file a complaint.

Take racing to the track keep it off the street no need to put people at risk for your own stupidity. It costs less than $20 for a whole night of drag racing your car at my local track its money well spent for having some racing fun.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
All I can say is thank god I have a C240
Old 05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
To bad the lawyers arnt wining these cases. So far I have yet to hear about anyone being able to beat one. Since you dont have to race the person it is by your choice they are not forcing you to do anything. No different than them posing as prostitutes.

My advice is if you think its a cop and they are harassing you and trying to get you to race them, pick up your cell phone and call the police and have them pulled over and you can explain to the other police officer that he is harassing you and driving reckless and make sure to file a complaint.

Take racing to the track keep it off the street no need to put people at risk for your own stupidity. It costs less than $20 for a whole night of drag racing your car at my local track its money well spent for having some racing fun.
I don't know of the actual cases. And I'm not a defense attorney. And I do agree that spending a few dollars to race at the local track is the way to go.

Having said all that, it's probably worth pointing out that the entrapment defense doesn't require you to have been "forced" into anything. "I never forced him to race me" is not the point.

Depending on the definition, it's about whether you were "encouraged," "solicited" or "induced" into doing something illegal.

Coming back to your prostitute analogy, in many cases it is arguably entrapment when the undercover officer is the person who solicited the "transaction." To make the best case, they would have to wait for the "criminal" to initiate or solicit the transaction.

Entrapment
n. in criminal law, the act of law enforcement officers or government agents inducing or encouraging a person to commit a crime when the potential criminal expresses a desire not to go ahead. The key to entrapment is whether the idea for the commission or encouragement of the criminal act originated with the police or government agents instead of with the "criminal." Entrapment, if proved, is a defense to a criminal prosecution. The accused often claims entrapment in so-called "stings" in which undercover agents buy or sell narcotics, prostitutes' services or arrange to purchase goods believed to be stolen. The factual question is: Would Johnny Begood have purchased the drugs if not pressed by the narc?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Once again F*CK FFX COPS!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Once again F*CK FFX COPS!
I don't know why people are mad at the cops for doing this I think its great they are getting street racing off the street and back on the track. A recent case I can think of that happened where I live a poor pizza delivery boy was killed when 2 street racers came around a blind corner in excess of 90 mph. Do you think its fair for people to drive 60+ MPH on city street just having a drag race its not safe in many ways not only to the people who are around them but to crash on a city street at speed like that is different than crashing on a highway that doesn't have trees and other landscaping elements and that was built for cars to crash going fast.

As I always say driving is a privilege not a right follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
another case that proves the point that COPS ARE ****ING *******S

if i ever get caught racing by an undercover, im runnin

they aint got **** to catch me, this reminds me, the other day i was driving on sepulveda and i see a g35 on my ***, he moves over to pass and i floor it, i slow down, he moves over to pass again and i floor it, again and again and again.............

its great to have a faster car
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 PM

I don't know why people are mad at the cops for doing this I think its great they are getting street racing off the street and back on the track. A recent case I can think of that happened where I live a poor pizza delivery boy was killed when 2 street racers came around a blind corner in excess of 90 mph. Do you think its fair for people to drive 60+ MPH on city street just having a drag race its not safe in many ways not only to the people who are around them but to crash on a city street at speed like that is different than crashing on a highway that doesn't have trees and other landscaping elements and that was built for cars to crash going fast.

As I always say driving is a privilege not a right follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about.

Wow, all of this from someone driving an ML320 - and in the Kill Stories forum, no less. The only thing missing from your diatribe is some kind of reference to being safer "for the children".

Anyway, to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of your post:
I don't know why people are mad at the cops for doing this...
People are mad because of ENTRAPMENT. If you prefer that I put it in terms you can understand, think of what your mom said to you as a child: "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Last edited by m3_eater; 05-23-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:19 AM

a friend of mine got caught like that car starts screwing with him he takes off it's a cop. stopping street racing? no they're not realstreet racing doesn't happen in public-ask me how i know at least not in the sense that some of you think they're just out there to write tickets and stop the bull on the highways unfortuneately normal people get written up for speeding etc. that's what sucks. btw i know a few cops that street race off duty of course a lot of states have unmarked cars like that-i still say cops should all drive yugos with their lights on all the time.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Wow, all of this from someone driving an ML320 - and in the Kill Stories forum, no less. The only thing missing from your diatribe is some kind of reference to being safer "for the children".

Anyway, to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of your post:

People are mad because of ENTRAPMENT. If you prefer that I put it in terms you can understand, think of what your mom said to you as a child: "Two wrongs don't make a right."
I drive an M3 also and I am tired of tard turds that keep trying to race me all over the place. And I have seen how stupid and reckless people drive trying to race me. I have even had a tard use the turning lane to cut someone off to line up with me at a light. Kind of takes the fun out of having a fast car with so many turds driving around.

Again I see street racing no different than prostitution, yet one could argue prostitution is a victimless crime but street racing kills innocent people every day, and if you are to ignorant to see that then you shouldn't be allowed to drive. Street racing inst a one time thing some tards do it all the time and just go driving around racing people. I dont think its fair to risk anyones life on the road when you can go pay less than $20 to legally drag race in a safe and fun environment. If you break the law you break the law. Again when in the M I get tards all the time that try and race me and I have no trouble ignoring and not racing them.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 05-27-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:39 AM

A Beater
Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
I don't know of the actual cases. And I'm not a defense attorney. And I do agree that spending a few dollars to race at the local track is the way to go.

Having said all that, it's probably worth pointing out that the entrapment defense doesn't require you to have been "forced" into anything. "I never forced him to race me" is not the point.

Depending on the definition, it's about whether you were "encouraged," "solicited" or "induced" into doing something illegal.

Coming back to your prostitute analogy, in many cases it is arguably entrapment when the undercover officer is the person who solicited the "transaction." To make the best case, they would have to wait for the "criminal" to initiate or solicit the transaction.

Entrapment
n. in criminal law, the act of law enforcement officers or government agents inducing or encouraging a person to commit a crime when the potential criminal expresses a desire not to go ahead. The key to entrapment is whether the idea for the commission or encouragement of the criminal act originated with the police or government agents instead of with the "criminal." Entrapment, if proved, is a defense to a criminal prosecution. The accused often claims entrapment in so-called "stings" in which undercover agents buy or sell narcotics, prostitutes' services or arrange to purchase goods believed to be stolen. The factual question is: Would Johnny Begood have purchased the drugs if not pressed by the narc?

I agree with you and thank you for the thourugh definition of entrapment.. The point with prostitution, Jons who are approaching prostitues are already ready to commit a crime or else they wouldn't be driving slowly along the side walk stalking the prostitutes. Now it would be entrapment if you are sitting in a parking lot outside of a convenient store minding your business and a undercover prostitute approaches you and solicit sex. That is why on cops when you see the prostitution stings episodes, they only set up stings where solicitation of sex occurs and only approach the Jons when they call dibs on them.

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-27-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:53 AM

A Beater
Originally Posted by sid 951
a friend of mine got caught like that car starts screwing with him he takes off it's a cop. stopping street racing? no they're not realstreet racing doesn't happen in public-ask me how i know at least not in the sense that some of you think they're just out there to write tickets and stop the bull on the highways unfortuneately normal people get written up for speeding etc. that's what sucks. btw i know a few cops that street race off duty of course a lot of states have unmarked cars like that-i still say cops should all drive yugos with their lights on all the time.
The cops that busted me in a corvette was aching me on 3am in the morning after bar hopping. There was no one on the PCH but him and me. AM I putting other people in danger? no because there are not a soul 3am in the morning. Was I liqoured up earlier, yes but I had two hours of time out period to sober up. AM I pissed off, yes not because he entrapped me. I am pissed because I am not on a good term with "Woman" because of that incident.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
The cops that busted me in a corvette was aching me on 3am in the morning after bar hopping. There was no one on the PCH but him and me. AM I putting other people in danger? no because there are not a soul 3am in the morning. Was I liqoured up earlier, yes but I had two hours of time out period to sober up. AM I pissed off, yes not because he entrapped me. I am pissed because I am not on a good term with "Woman" because of that incident.

why did you even take your X home? it seems like a very dangerous move!