Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SLK55 vs 997C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Improviz
You wrote in here that you'd whip any of these "heavier, lower-powered Benzes", and ridiculed myself and others who patiently pointed out that the car's more agressive gearing and extra gears made the difference, dismissing us as "magazine racers" who didn't know what we were talking about. So yeah, I decided to you a bit...I'm sure you'd have done the same if it'd been me who'd gotten beat.

Actually, even though you threatened me at one point, you will be surprised to know that while I do find you to be annoying at times, I certainly don't wish you any injury or calamaties, and do, in fact, honestly hope that you're OK and everything turns out well for you. So I do extend you condolences, whether you like it or not. Get well soon.

Fock no, where's the fun in that???

Seriously: best wishes, and get well soon.
I can appreciate your tenacity for fact finding, & appreciate your "Get well" sentiments
But I don't understand your gloating I didn't lose the race, at the end of my & Falco's last race I was 1-2 car lengths ahead & continuing to slowly walk him as Falco openly admited.

My mods aren't major hp adders, If anything I lost bottom end torque w/cat-back "It was that noticable" I might've gained a little w/Air intake on the top end.

I never threatened you

Anyhow peace out....

Last edited by Thericker; 09-15-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
You can always ask ClayJ. He's got one of everything in his many garages at his many 'residences' across the globe!

Still waiting on that ClayJ Track Day to see these cars in action!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
I can appreciate your tenacity for fact finding, & appreciate your "Get well" sentiments
Thanks, and I did really mean it...good luck!

But I don't understand your gloating I didn't lose the race, at the end of my & Falco's last race I was 1-2 car lengths ahead & continuing to slowly walk him as Falco openly admited.
Ah, well, come on, dude, you were talking lots of smack...I believe (too lazy to look it up now) that someone pointed out that this is likely what'd happen: the SLK would tie or beat you down low, but you'd do a bit better up high.

Anyway, glad you gained some respect for the 5.5L AMGs, and do understand that myself and others *do* respect the Corvette. I especially like the C6, which has (imo) a far, far nicer interior than the C5 (the interior was always my biggest gripe against the C5--well, that and the antiquated pop-up headlights, which thankfully also went bye-bye).

My mods aren't major hp adders, If anything I lost bottom end torque w/cat-back "It was that noticable" I might've gained a little w/Air intake on the top end.
It's my understanding that the catbacks can pick the GM motors up 15 hp or so, and you'd defiintely gain top end with a less-restrictive intake. And hey, enjoy it, dude: one of my biggest gripes with *Mercedes* is that (with the exception of the supercharged/turbocharged motors) bolt-ons are absolutely ridiculously priced for these cars, and offer pretty limited gains.

I never threatened you

Anyhow peace out....
I thought you'd written that you wanted to fight me or something like that...too lazy to look it up, but anyway, looks like we kissed and made up, so fuggeddabout it!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Improviz
Thanks, and I did really mean it...good luck!

Ah, well, come on, dude, you were talking lots of smack...I believe (too lazy to look it up now) that someone pointed out that this is likely what'd happen: the SLK would tie or beat you down low, but you'd do a bit better up high.

Anyway, glad you gained some respect for the 5.5L AMGs, and do understand that myself and others *do* respect the Corvette. I especially like the C6, which has (imo) a far, far nicer interior than the C5 (the interior was always my biggest gripe against the C5--well, that and the antiquated pop-up headlights, which thankfully also went bye-bye).

It's my understanding that the catbacks can pick the GM motors up 15 hp or so, and you'd defiintely gain top end with a less-restrictive intake. And hey, enjoy it, dude: one of my biggest gripes with *Mercedes* is that (with the exception of the supercharged/turbocharged motors) bolt-ons are absolutely ridiculously priced for these cars, and offer pretty limited gains.

I thought you'd written that you wanted to fight me or something like that...too lazy to look it up, but anyway, looks like we kissed and made up, so fuggeddabout it!

No man, I never posted anything like that I never wanted to fight you,
I think you will make a far better friend than advisary, Nice that we could finally put this crap to bed.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
No man, I never posted anything like that I never wanted to fight you,
Oh, must have been mistooken, then...my bad.

I think you will make a far better friend than advisary, Nice that we could finally put this crap to bed.
Likewise, and likewise.

Get well soon!