Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ruined An Entire Car Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 566 Likes on 374 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Ruined An Entire Car Club

So I'm on my way up rt. 287 on my lunch break today so I can wash my beast. I work 8-6 every day so its very tough to have any time to get anything done. I'm doing a solid 80 on the northbound side when I hear the faint whizzing of some fartcans behind me, and in my rearview I spot a plethora of silly-colored headlights, painted-faux CF hoods and phoney Bomex kits. It was an entire car club consisting of a Golf R32, the requisite Civic Hatches, a Fast and the Furious style Maxima, and a lone E46 M3. All of them had the same decals on their windshields; High Conceptz or High Rollin or something having to do with smoking enough to think you can really take my M5.

I move to the middle lane and get flanked by the R32 and the E46, and on instinct I hit the "M" button and downshift to 3rd. Upon hearing my throttle blip up to 6 grand these guys go for the holeshot and take off, but I'm already at the right RPM so I just let go.

BAM the tires chirp on the 3-4 and I'm passing them. At the 4-5 shift I was walking them so bad it was just silly, and I finally shut it down at nearly 130. The civics and the maxima do the requisite Ricer Flyby while the guys in the Germans both passed slowly and gave me the thumbs up. Figures, if I was in my supra they probably wouldn't have even tried to get next to me in the first place.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
sweet! good job.. I hate that slow, noisey cra p .........
Old 08-01-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
The M3 didn't belong in that group, he needs to find new buddies.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by newton22
The M3 didn't belong in that group, he needs to find new buddies.
You know how it is, he probably wanted to be the "leader" of the crew. You know the saying about ruling in hell? That sorta thing.

Some guys in Jersey really rice out their ///M cars, especially now that you can get the "timebomb" '01's for so cheap. I saw some guy with a full Hamann (could have been a ripoff) kit, lowered on some huge ugly chrome rims, and whoever set up his suspension must have been blind in one eye because one of the rear wheels, and only one was cambered a good 5-10 degrees INWARD. Horrifying, I hope he doesn't get on it in any turns.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Like they say, you can't buy taste.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
You know how it is, he probably wanted to be the "leader" of the crew. You know the saying about ruling in hell? That sorta thing.

Some guys in Jersey really rice out their ///M cars, especially now that you can get the "timebomb" '01's for so cheap. I saw some guy with a full Hamann (could have been a ripoff) kit, lowered on some huge ugly chrome rims, and whoever set up his suspension must have been blind in one eye because one of the rear wheels, and only one was cambered a good 5-10 degrees INWARD. Horrifying, I hope he doesn't get on it in any turns.

Too true. In my view the M3 is the best looking 'saloon' style car (I still give the E46 a second look) about so to mess with its aggressive but sleek looks seems nonsensical.
Good call newton, you certainly can't buy taste
Old 08-01-2006, 06:25 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
So I'm on my way up rt. 287 on my lunch break today so I can wash my beast. I work 8-6 every day so its very tough to have any time to get anything done. I'm doing a solid 80 on the northbound side when I hear the faint whizzing of some fartcans behind me, and in my rearview I spot a plethora of silly-colored headlights, painted-faux CF hoods and phoney Bomex kits. It was an entire car club consisting of a Golf R32, the requisite Civic Hatches, a Fast and the Furious style Maxima, and a lone E46 M3. All of them had the same decals on their windshields; High Conceptz or High Rollin or something having to do with smoking enough to think you can really take my M5.

I move to the middle lane and get flanked by the R32 and the E46, and on instinct I hit the "M" button and downshift to 3rd. Upon hearing my throttle blip up to 6 grand these guys go for the holeshot and take off, but I'm already at the right RPM so I just let go.

BAM the tires chirp on the 3-4 and I'm passing them. At the 4-5 shift I was walking them so bad it was just silly, and I finally shut it down at nearly 130. The civics and the maxima do the requisite Ricer Flyby while the guys in the Germans both passed slowly and gave me the thumbs up. Figures, if I was in my supra they probably wouldn't have even tried to get next to me in the first place.
That was funny! Had they tried that with your Supra, you would have created a "wormhole" whilst warping into an adjacent state leaving only a vortex of burnt rubber & smoke.

-Matt
Old 08-02-2006, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
You must be up around Somerset Cty where there is more money. Down in S. Jersey, the ricer mods are all done on a shoestring budget. Unpainted, poorly installed body kits - Couldn't the kid earn a few more bucks at the Walmart to afford painting first? Horribly lowered Civics that bounce down the road like a bobble-head doll - real lowering springs are what, 2 or 3 hundred dollars? Why cut them?
And my all time favorite - the kitchen-size fire extinguisher mounted on a pillar with a hand-drawn 'NOS' label, lol!

Sorry to go off topic.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
You must be up around Somerset Cty where there is more money. Down in S. Jersey, the ricer mods are all done on a shoestring budget. Unpainted, poorly installed body kits - Couldn't the kid earn a few more bucks at the Walmart to afford painting first? Horribly lowered Civics that bounce down the road like a bobble-head doll - real lowering springs are what, 2 or 3 hundred dollars? Why cut them?
And my all time favorite - the kitchen-size fire extinguisher mounted on a pillar with a hand-drawn 'NOS' label, lol!

Sorry to go off topic.
They heat up the springs with a torch too, that's the other rice way to lower
it.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to go off topic.
The race took place up in Morris county which is just north of Somerset. We have just as many horrible ricers around here in Essex county, sir. Paterson, Bloomfield, Newark, KEARNY, there is a serious taste drought in these areas. I see all of the things you just mentioned daily, and the Fire Extinguisher KILLS ME. Are these guys just admitting that their car is such a flaming hunk of ***** that it just might explode into flames at any given moment?
I just can't get enough of it, and anytime one of these guys wants a piece I give it to them, out of sheer disdain.

Love your sig, by the way. "Are you about a size 14?"
Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RobertG
They heat up the springs with a torch too, that's the other rice way to lower
it.
I hear that's a really great way to increase chassis dynamics/response.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 PM

07 G35 Sport 6MT, 2005 C230K SS (sold), 1998 Jeep GC 4x4 (da-heep!)

Sorry to go off topic.
So true. I see that all the time where I work in CT.

For once, yesterday in fact, I saw a somewhat ricer civic done up decent. Both he and I were pumping gas and he paid me a complement about my car. I returned the favor, but I couldn't help being a slight jerk. I told him his Civic Coupe was done up right (no huge wing, clean rims & body kit, Ferrari-like doors though), cept I had to tell him its not an M3 and he should get rid of the M3 door sill, the M3 side fender vents, and the M3 badging.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Sometimes I'll hear a thunderous buzzing noise when a ricer takes off from an intersection down the block that is hidden from view. As I watch out the front window, I'm expecting a streak of metal to come blasting into view. And I wait. Eventually, the Civic reaches the house in a blistering acceleration rate > 0-60 in 30 seconds. BWWWWAAAHHHHH <shift> BWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH <shift>... 15mph...then 16....then 17....
Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes

you can make your tires chirp going 80 on a 3-4 shift? I'm not calling BS but chirping your tires going 80 just from excelleration sounds a little off. Good story though
Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M1M2M3
you can make your tires chirp going 80 on a 3-4 shift? I'm not calling BS but chirping your tires going 80 just from excelleration sounds a little off. Good story though
I'm just as shocked as you are. Come for a ride and I'll show you, its one of the things that truly amazes me about the SMG on the M5, it just shifts SO HARD and SO PERFECTLY in S6. The car's gearing is set so close that even on a 3-4 shift you're basically walking right into 6200 rpm which is the torque peak and right next to the hp peak. Ask just about any M5 owner and they'll confirm it.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:58 AM

2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
I actually know exactly what car club you saw. They were probly going to roll-in at the Wheel Concepts Show in Edison. My club and i (euro.techniks) showed at the event. One of our members even won a throphy. We were located behind the owners booth, they were outside in 100o+ weather. That M3 has fake red plastic Brembo caliper covers on it, it's a joke. Its like a weird yellow color right?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rubberninja
I actually know exactly what car club you saw. They were probly going to roll-in at the Wheel Concepts Show in Edison. My club and i (euro.techniks) showed at the event. One of our members even won a throphy. We were located behind the owners booth, they were outside in 100o+ weather. That M3 has fake red plastic Brembo caliper covers on it, it's a joke. Its like a weird yellow color right?
Yeah phoenix yellow.....
Old 08-03-2006, 10:21 AM

07 G35 Sport 6MT, 2005 C230K SS (sold), 1998 Jeep GC 4x4 (da-heep!)
Sometimes I'll hear a thunderous buzzing noise when a ricer takes off from an intersection down the block that is hidden from view. As I watch out the front window, I'm expecting a streak of metal to come blasting into view. And I wait. Eventually, the Civic reaches the house in a blistering acceleration rate > 0-60 in 30 seconds. BWWWWAAAHHHHH <shift> BWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH <shift>... 15mph...then 16....then 17....
Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 G63 ; 981 boxster GTS
Originally Posted by rubberninja
We were located behind the owners booth, they were outside in 100o+ weather. That M3 has fake red plastic Brembo caliper covers on it, it's a joke.
in that heat i'm surprised those bodykits didnt melt right on the spot.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
13' E550, 14' Ram, 99' E39 wagon
Cylinder Head,
I'd love to check out your Supra sometime, I have a built (not as built as yours) 93 RX7 and live in north jersey!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nicobaires
Cylinder Head,
I'd love to check out your Supra sometime, I have a built (not as built as yours) 93 RX7 and live in north jersey!
Love love love the RX7. I was going to get on and drop a 20B cosmo motor in it but when I drove one it was just too tiny for me. I like bigger cars so I went with the Dawg which is just a monster. I'll definitely let you know next time I decide to take her out for a flogging.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280
Down in monmouth county, those m3's and what nots you see here are a result of poor decesion making on the parents parts. THeir poor decesion making is eccentuated by the poor decesion making of the children to throw on some 30 lb chrome wheels and drive to "Ridin' dirty" Its a sad sight i see everyday.....
Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Originally Posted by jago1244
in that heat i'm surprised those bodykits didnt melt right on the spot.
yeah i dunno about that, my team and i were inside (indoor and outdoor show) But i wouldn't be supprised if their extra badges started melting off lol
Old 08-04-2006, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nicobaires
Cylinder Head,
I am another fan (from afar) of the 93-95 RX7 ... designed with a very different kind of sports car "philosophy"
Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro

Nice run, why do you say "timebomb" 01's? I know a number of 01 owners, I did not hear of any problems, esp after the recalls.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruined An Entire Car Club