Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Pulled a new 911 Turbo, curious which version?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Attempting to have a discussion with you is utterly pointless. Every time I rebut your arguments, you jump ship to a non-sequitur.
What? Rebut? You are the expert at switching topics.
I point out 15 years of direct competition between the RX-7 and the 911 and that is "limited". I posted directed magazine shootouts with the RX-7 and the 911 turbo and you are silent. I also posted Mazda won Lemans overall but that didn't matter either.
You then go on to Audi and Porsche and their agreements and all sorts of other irrelevant bs.

Porsche will compete for overall wins in ALMS as they develop the RS Spyder, which competes in LMP2. Already it has produced some great results even against the much more powerful LMP1 cars like the Dyson and Audi R8. When they will return to LMP1 remains to be seen, but there is talk that they will.
Great, fantastic, stellar and that has to do with this kill story?

Where is Mazda nowadays anyway?
Mazda races in the SCCA. Mazda has an open wheel Formula series where many IRL and Cart driver come from. Where is Mazda ?

Right here.
http://www.starmazda.com/

Seems like you keep having to dig in the past to support them.
We were talking about the RX-7 weren't we? Well considering the car is over 10 years old we have to post about its PAST record. Besides, didn't you post the latest win at LeMans by Porsche which was 1998? Wasn't that almost a decade ago (which is the PAST)?

You are clearly delusional to think Mazda has more racing heritage than Porsche.
Please post where I said that.

You are even worse than I thought if you think Mazda makes better cars..
Please post where I said Mazda makes a better car.

If that were the case, I and many others would have bought more than a half-dozen RX-7's for the price of a GT2.
When the RX-7 came out at 1/3 of the price ofa 911 turbo the 911 turbo got BEAT. There was no GT2 at the time.

Enjoy your almighty RX-7. Then one day, when you actually have seat time in a CGT/GT1/GT2/GT3, then maybe we can have a productive discussion. It is obvious you haven't really driven any of the above-referenced cars..
Give me a break. You have seat time in GT1? The only way a car can be evaluated is with actual seat time now? How are you able to judge the RX-7? The 787b? Comical.

Also, I have a GT2, not a Turbo. I have owned both, and the Turbo is hardly a track car compared to the GT2.
The GT2 is a TURBO! It's a twin turbo car. I find it real hard to believe you have owned these cars when you don't even know what a GT2 is...

http://www.porsches.8m.net/996gt2.htm

But, please show me an RX-7 that has lapped the Ring faster than a GT2. You won't, because there isn't one.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! The RX-7 has been out of production for how long?

As for the 1400hp one, go to 6SpeedOnline and do some research on VRAlexander, his car was built by Protomotive, same people who built my old 996 Turbo.
Link please.

P.S.-- Our E55's are hardly German vehicles, they are more like modified Chryslers. Porsches are much better performance cars, period. But I've already had that extensive debate once..
I don't own an E55, you are on your own on that one. Besides, an E55 is a SPORTS SEDAN, not a sports car to compete with a 911. I also wouldn't classify an E55 as a glorified Chrysler (#1, Benz bought a majority stake in Chrysler - they own their azz, #2....I'd hardly compare an E55 to a Chrysler 300M. Hello?! )

I'm tired of bench racing. Time to go to another track day... Just face it, you clearly get what you pay for.
You clearly have inferiority issues.
It's time for me to strap on an F-18 and hit the flight deck.

-Maverick

Last edited by Yellow R1; 08-14-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:21 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
The Supra is a great car that was way ahead of its time, but please don't compare the handling and braking of a Supra to my GT2, all of the Supra guys I know say that also. If you mod the Supra to handle and brake better on a track than a GT2, then what you have is pretty much a race track only, non streetable car.
Not hardly.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2547df3298.htm
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 PM

Too Many
Originally Posted by Yellow R1

1400 hp? Got a link?

Also read the links I posted. The RX-7 BEAT the Porsche 911 turbo around the race track.
Here's just a little taste of VRAlexander's Protomotive 996TT (including one against a 10s LS1 NOS RX-7)

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/protomotive/0.htm

Last edited by vincentGT2; 08-14-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
porsche

Again ... its amazing what protomotive has done with some porsche ... does it matter for this thread? Should we bring up the SLK55 with an SLR motor that whipped an Enzo?

This is AGAIN a kill story against 1 porsche. That 1 porsche does not represent all porsches. Are there porsches that will beat a blown SLK? Of course! Are the porsches that are going to lose to a blown SLK ... definitely.

Move on ...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:48 PM

Minivan
Wow. That Supra is a monster and looks like lots of fun on the track. Reminds me of a C6 Z06 when it drifted around the corner. Lots of HP.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by vincentGT2
Here's just a little taste of VRAlexander's Protomotive 996TT (including one against a 10s LS1 NOS RX-7)

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/protomotive/0.htm
Those are local cars here. The RX-7 is a drop in LS1 with some headwork etc. Nobody ever saw a 143 timeslip either. The guy was guessing at his hp with NOS. The car is a hybrid.

Second that was hardly a 1400 hp Porsche.

I keep asking for a link for proof of 1400 hp and no one seems to have one. Why is that?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Minivan
The Porsche looked to be a 996TT. HP is hard to tell unless you know the gear, speed and RPM's at all times during the race.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Too Many
Those are local cars here. The RX-7 is a drop in LS1 with some headwork etc. Nobody ever saw a 143 timeslip either. The guy was guessing at his hp with NOS. The car is a hybrid.

Second that was hardly a 1400 hp Porsche.

I keep asking for a link for proof of 1400 hp and no one seems to have one. Why is that?
I don't know about 1400hp rumors. But given that it's a multidimensional car, HP numbers don't mean much when it comes to performance of a Porsche 911.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG/ 911 GT2/ 911 GT3
HP on Alex's Porsche depends on how much boost it is set to run. That race wasn't even at full boost... the boost controller was set to either 1.2 or 1.3 bar, if I am not mistaken. The engine is built to run up to 2.0bars...

VincentGT2, I guess my biggest mistake is trying to argue with these guys. They will never understand our cars since it's so far out of their league in many ways. Seeing is believing... I guess I never understood until I owned my first Porsche Turbo.

It's funny that the Mazda guy tries to belittle me, saying that I don't know the difference between my GT2 and a Turbo, because the GT2 is a Turbo. Then he doubts I even own a GT2. Obviously he doesn't really know the difference between Porsche models yet he wants to continue to argue with me. What do you say to this type of ignorance?

I guess college would have been a good thing for some people after military service.

Last edited by Hamann7; 08-14-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM

Minivan
Then he tells me that I have a NA S600 and not the twin turbo. Now he is trying to discredit my claim of 600HP, 100 more than stock.

I almost bought the GT2 instead of the 05 Turbo S. I will get the 997TT S when it comes out in 2008 or 2009. I only have 1,640 miles on my Porsche since November of 2005.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 AM

Minivan
Below are a few tuners that I know who specialize in 1000+HP Porsche. Also I attached a link to a duscussion about maxing out the HP in a 3.6 ltr Porsche.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=140174

www.Ultimatemotorwerks.com
Kevin@Ultimatemotorwerks.com

www.sharkwerks.com
sharky@sharkwerks.com

Last edited by 1phd1jd; 08-15-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Amazing

Btw I was the one doubting the twinturbo S600 ... not yellow R1. I also apologized since I made an assumption due to the exhaust pipes of your S600 in the pictures. But to be honest ... I still wouldn't bother racing that S600. No point ... you'd lose.

I guess porsche is the best ... blah blah blah ... Ferrari, Bugatti, Lambo, Saleen, etc, all cant compare ... Porsche with thier Flat 6 is the only one that can modify to extremes. And ... even if others do modify to extremes ... nothing can beat a porsche. BLAH BLAH BLAH ...

Amazing the arrogance or some porsche owners. I guess there are people like this for all brands.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:35 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
HP on Alex's Porsche depends on how much boost it is set to run. That race wasn't even at full boost... the boost controller was set to either 1.2 or 1.3 bar, if I am not mistaken. The engine is built to run up to 2.0bars...
Why don't you get your nose out of Alex's jock and show us some facts? Hearsay seems to be your middle name. Again what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

VincentGT2, I guess my biggest mistake is trying to argue with these guys.
Well with your sorry replies I would have to agree.

They will never understand our cars since it's so far out of their league in many ways.
Complete ignorance.
I am a director at one of the largest semiconductor firms in the world. I could fart the cash for your 911 turbo in stock options alone.
I have driven plenty of Porsches including 911 turbos so save it.
What is comical is you think a 500 hp car is in "another league". You have no idea what another league is. I'll put your 6 cylinder ****box in perspective. Try 32,000 lbs of afterburning turbofan.

Seeing is believing...
Naive. Seeing what?

I guess I never understood until I owned my first Porsche Turbo.
You still don't understand.

It's funny that the Mazda guy tries to belittle me, saying that I don't know the difference between my GT2 and a Turbo, because the GT2 is a Turbo. Then he doubts I even own a GT2. Obviously he doesn't really know the difference between Porsche models yet he wants to continue to argue with me. What do you say to this type of ignorance?
Obviously the jibe went over your head.
You stated:
"Also, I have a GT2, not a Turbo". The GT2 is a 911 turbo variant, period.

I guess college would have been a good thing for some people after military service.
More ignorance from the forum mental midget. I was one of two pilots selected into the US Naval flight program in '92 (excluding WIZZOS & RIOS). I was also the only pilot with a flight contract for the Marine Corps (which I selected, upon GRADUATION from Florida State - that would be a college degree for your mentally challenged cranium). You are as clueless as they come when it comes to understanding the US Military flight programs & how competitive it is to be selected. But why are you bringing up the military & my education anyhow?

Last edited by Yellow R1; 08-15-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

RESPECT THE DAWG. I kill Murcielagos in this thing.
That Supra makes very respectable power. Just watch out for the Twin Turbo Diablo's.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Too Many

VincentGT2, I guess my biggest mistake is trying to argue with these guys. They will never understand our cars since it's so far out of their league in many ways. Seeing is believing... I guess I never understood until I owned my first Porsche Turbo.

Professor Hamman7
Who said teaching Porsche 101 on here was an easy task.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi

Very cool video!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the Supra, I'm thinking about buying a Woon tuned car. I'm just saying that they weren't built to handle like a GT2. The track in the video looked like a very non-technical track with a lot of straights, one that's tailor made for high HP cars. The Supra seemed to have some issues with traction in some of the turns, I heard a lot of tire schreeching, or borderline drifting (not the fastest way to get through a turn).

The only two daily drivers that I have seen that are faster than my GT2 on a regular basis are the single turbo Supras and the twin turbo Vipers. I have the utmost respect for all high performance cars
Old 08-15-2006, 01:14 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by 1phd1jd
Below are a few tuners that I know who specialize in 1000+HP Porsche. Also I attached a link to a duscussion about maxing out the HP in a 3.6 ltr Porsche.
Gee how did I know it wasn't 1400 hp?
Maybe next week you can make 2600 hp?

"Evolution MotorSports has officially recorded the quickest 1/4 mile time for a 996TT at 10.37 @ 139.68 MPH. The original 996TT 1/4 mile record was set by our friend and Northern California dealer Alex "Sharky" Ross of Sharkwerks. He still holds the record of the quickest known 996TT Tiptronic at 10.6 @ 135 MPH. Both cars are fitted with Evolution MotorSports GT800 Tuning System with unrivaled software written by our good friend and performance partner Garrett Lim of GIAC. Our EVO GT800 is currently producing about 760 RWHP with straight pipes / race fuel and will be running in the 9 second range very shortly. This car has only been to the drag strip twice in 2 years."

Here is street driven RX-7 with slicks, rollbar and race gas.

In the driveway.

The car runs 9.78 @ 143

That is a two rotor small engine, want to talk about triple rotor ?

Last edited by Yellow R1; 08-15-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Gee how did I know it wasn't 1400 hp? Maybe next week you can make 2600 hp?

Just for you and the rest of bs'ers here.

""Evolution MotorSports has officially recorded the quickest 1/4 mile time for a 996TT at 10.37 @ 139.68 MPH. The original 996TT 1/4 mile record was set by our friend and Northern California dealer Alex "Sharky" Ross of Sharkwerks. He still holds the record of the quickest known 996TT Tiptronic at 10.6 @ 135 MPH. Both cars are fitted with Evolution MotorSports GT800 Tuning System with unrivaled software written by our good friend and performance partner Garrett Lim of GIAC. Our EVO GT800 is currently producing about 760 RWHP with straight pipes / race fuel and will be running in the 9 second range very shortly. This car has only been to the drag strip twice in 2 years."

Here is street driven RX-7 with slicks, rollbar and race gas.

The car runs 9.78 @ 143

That is a two rotor small engine, want to talk about triple rotor ?

Just for some basis here is a dyno of a 2002 911 turbo.

http://www.ktrperformance.com/dyno_t....php?id_num=47
That RX7 is faster in the quarter than any 911 turbo in existence at this point, although, the EVOMS GT800 car did go 10.37 and trap at 140.

The Porsche tuners haven't really been concerned with drag racing until lately, so they have come to the dance and have been left without a partner.

The Porsches are inherently track cars and lack the suspension, transmission and other vital components to be effective quartermilers. They are getting more efficient though!

I know about drag racing, as someone who holds an NHRA 7.50 license and owns a 57 Chevy that has gone 8.50. That RX7 is BAD!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16580380&hl=en

Last edited by RennTechV12; 08-15-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
That RX7 is faster in the quarter than any 911 turbo in existence at this point, although, the EVOMS GT800 car did go 10.37 and trap at 140.

The Porsche tuners haven't really been concerned with drag racing until lately, so they have come to the dance and have been left without a partner.

The Porsches are inherently track cars and lack the suspension, transmission and other vital components to be effective quartermilers. They are getting more efficient though!

I know about drag racing, as someone who holds an NHRA 7.50 license and owns a 57 Chevy that has gone 8.50. That RX7 is BAD!!!

I agree neither of these cars were really set or made for drag racing.

There are plenty of 9 second RX-7's on street. One guy in Texas ran a 9.62 way back in 2001.

There are actually 6 second RX-7's. Abel Ibara ran a 6.95 @ 200 plus.

I love the blown 57.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG/ 911 GT2/ 911 GT3
Alas, everything to be said has been said. You can go back to reading your Sport Compact Car archives.

The education thing was brought up because of your apparent lack of comprehension. I guess your primo education from FSU is just too far over my head, what can I say?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:22 AM

Minivan
Look, you with the **** yellow RX-7, I did not claim that Poesche has 1400HP cars. I gave you a link that showed you fast 911's doin 10 second runs with 800HP. At the end of the day, you drive a MAZDA.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
awww, i cant believe he said it...

when all else fails, make fun of the brand

ignorance!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:16 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Alas, everything to be said has been said. You can go back to reading your Sport Compact Car archives.
Brilliant retort to the facts.

The education thing was brought up because of your apparent lack of comprehension. I guess your primo education from FSU is just too far over my head, what can I say?
Funny stuff coming from a guy who makes up 1400 hp figures.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:58 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Look, you with the **** yellow RX-7.
Isn't your Porsche yellow?

I did not claim that Poesche has 1400HP cars. I gave you a link that showed you fast 911's doin 10 second runs with 800HP.
I asked for a 1400 hp figure and you posted links claiming 1000 hp.

At the end of the day, you drive a MAZDA.
I sure do and I drive a supercharged SLK 55 AMG and a G35. Who cares?

BTW: I like your Toyota minivan in the garage...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....6&postcount=37

Last edited by Yellow R1; 08-15-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Now look, making fun of one's automobile is a low thing to do. Take it easy guys and be respectful of one another.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled a new 911 Turbo, curious which version?