Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Kill list on my 996!! (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill list on my 996!! (long)

I should start out by saying that my dad recently gave me his 2001 Ducati 996 to me because my mom and him are moving into a downtown condo and they dont have the room or time for it!

Anyways I was weaving through traffic on a large bridge that goes over the Willamete River and merges onto the freeway doing anywhere from 75-90 weaving through traffic. ( I know I admit it is stupid and dangerous to do this, luckily I was tought how to ride by my father and his friend who are and were at the time expert riders, so I consider myself to be a pretty good rider) Anyway I spot a silver Audi S4 heavily modded and a heavily modded blue E46 M3 up ahead of me also weaving through traffic so I instantly take a rip at the throttle and instantly shoot ahead with the engine screaming!! I ceatch up to them and match their speed looking over at them and give them the thumbs up and wave gesturing to them that I wanna see what those two cars have in em. I hear and right after see the M3 take off (great sound) and it fly's by my left side, I crank the throttle for all its got and the Audi floors the hell out of it also. I wasnt looking at the speedo but one glance down I saw that we were well well past 100 already! So I was slowly gaining on the moded M3 and the S4 from what I could tell was hanging in there. I had an easier time weaving through traffic at these high speeds and that gave me the edge coming out of a group of cars. As I split the last 2 cars down the middle of them I cranked the throotle again and took off 80-90-95-100- looked up for a second then back down and I was at 135!! To my disbelief the M3 was only about 2 car lengths behind me but loosing ground slowly and the S4 was about 4 car lengths behing. Well we all took the same exit and ending up having a beer together! It turns out that these guys (in their 20's) had some fast machines the S4 along with some cosmetic, suspension and audio mods also had exhaust, chip and K04 Turbo's (ones used on the RS4) He claimed was pushing well over 400 horses. The M3 was also modded with suspension/lowering, cosmetic, audio and also engine work which pushed him over 400 horses!! Both cars pulled incredibly fast at higher speeds from what I saw!! But neither of them were able to keep up with the Italian machine!!

Anyway it was a great race wish I could have explained it better. It was quite a feeling being inbetween these two cars with all of are engines screaming at high rpms, wow!!!!

AmGbOy
Old 08-27-2002, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Thumbs up

Congratulations on your gift and also on the kill, you lucky guy, I wish I had some parent like yours!
Old 08-27-2002, 03:52 AM

wow i doubt the guy with the M3 had over 400 hp..

its so hard to tune m3's because they are NA and come from the factory "pre tuned"

basically the only way to get 400 hp was if he bought the $18,000 hamann stage 3 engine upgrade..
Old 08-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by JFawwaz
wow i doubt the guy with the M3 had over 400 hp..

its so hard to tune m3's because they are NA and come from the factory "pre tuned"

basically the only way to get 400 hp was if he bought the $18,000 hamann stage 3 engine upgrade..
You missunderstood, the Audi S4 had modifications and he claimed to have over 400 hp
Old 08-27-2002, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Hmm, major achievment barely beating two semi -performance cars on a 996. Where did you learn to ride? You call yourself an expert, but it sounds to me like you'd be laughed off the track by a real rider.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:01 AM

ex-C32
I took my Ducati ST4 to the dragstrip when it was rented out by a local car club of about 30 cars. I got about 10 runs in with the best being 11.2 @ 122 MPH with close throttle shifts. The braking zone tends to be a bit smaller when finishing the 1/4 mile at 130 MPH compared to 110 MPH in the C32(13.4 @ 105 MPH). I have horsed around with mid 13 second cars on the road but it is not fun any more.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:04 PM

Stephens........

Well I wish I could explain it better and make you understand it. There were times where I had to slow for traffic and they would go past me and I would have to ceatch up. I could have probably smoked those guys just on a straight line if there weren't the cars and things in the way. The truth is I couldnt exactly tell how they were holding on when we were going flat out. Later when we all had a beer they seemed to think that I was a very good rider and they got smoked even with the bad luck I had of two cars changing lanes infront of me boxing me in. If you want to insult me and think that I am a bad driver thats fine with me but I dont see why you haved to insult or challenge people on a forum what pleasure does it give you??

To whoever made the statment about the 400 hp M3 I am actually not sure what kinda mods he had but he claimed around 400!?!? By the look of these guys I think he had the money for the 18,000 Hamman upgrade!!

AmGbOy
Old 08-27-2002, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Yeah with a good K04 turbo kit the S4 will push 400 easy. There is talk that APR is working on a new KO3/K04 turbo that will exceed 500 hp. all for around 10 grand.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by pocholin
You missunderstood, the Audi S4 had modifications and he claimed to have over 400 hp
"The M3 was also modded with suspension/lowering, cosmetic, audio and also engine work which pushed him over 400 horses!! Both cars pulled incredibly fast at higher speeds from what I saw!! But neither of them were able to keep up with the Italian machine!!"

im not stupid buddy
Old 08-27-2002, 03:50 PM

Re: Stephens........

Originally posted by AmgBoy
To whoever made the statment about the 400 hp M3 I am actually not sure what kinda mods he had but he claimed around 400!?!? By the look of these guys I think he had the money for the 18,000 Hamman upgrade!!
if you ever hook up with those guys again, tell the guy with the m3 to join www.e46fanatics.com. We would love to see his car
Old 08-27-2002, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amgboy
Sorry, I was kinda harsh. bad day yesterday.:o
Old 08-27-2002, 05:58 PM

Stephens.....

Hey no problem man I understand we all have bad days!! I was a little harsh to on my reply I apologize and lets move on.

You seem to being very knowledgable on both cars and bikes from what I have read and I look forward to reading your posts and learning from you!!

Once again I apologize also,
AmGbOy
Old 08-28-2002, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amgboy
I had a heavily modified 964, 911 Turbo with approx 500hp. 0-100kmh 3.6sec, 0-160kmh 8sec - faster than original GT2. 1/4 mile in low 11's on street rubber.
I would just beat a badly ridden 750 sportsbike, and in races with my brother inlaws GSXR750T, he would just beat me as discribed in your post. Now my car was faster than a Diablo, that's why I made the comment about poor riding skills.
You may want to get the 996 on a dyno. It should be putting out approx 115hp at the rear wheel. In a run with either, you should be able to leave them for dead, pulling a wheelstand at the same time.

I also have a race bike - a Yamaha TZ250 GP bike, but haven't raced competitively for 4 years now and my CAMS (car racing) license. I'm not a professional racer, but know enough to be dangerous(as in get myself into trouble).
I have had and modified everything from the Porsche Turbo to Bentley Turbo R.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:41 PM

Hey I understand.....

I get what your saying about me being able to leave those guys like they were standing still. I wasn't exactly gonna turn around and look or look in my mirrors at 130+!! Like I said the guys told me that I blew them away on the straight line it's just for that second they were still holding on. I consider myself to be above average but not anywhere near a great rider, I guess.

By reading your posts it seems like you could tear me up on a bike!! I havn't rode that much which is also a factor, but not an excuse.

Later Man,
AmGbOy