Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55K S7 vs Viper.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Modded E55 is a sleeeper and that makes everything even more FUN

The funny thing is that I also beat beat 2000 Viper with SS ehxaust and C6 ZO6 and highly moded RX7 with my E55 which only has Headers at local night racing in 1/4 on a highway...Viper would only start to pull on ME after 1/4 mark passed...

Those Viper and Corvette owners got big surprise cause at 1st they werent taking ME seriously and organizers did even wanted to put ME in line with those cars...cause they thought its not our league...

The crowd where lauching and shouting "Viper will beat everyone", "RX7 will kill them all", "Corvette is the fastest"...and then they got big SUPPRISE when I spanked all those car 3 times in ROW ...ITs was FUN, you shoould have seen the faces of all those Vettes and VIpers owners

nice
Old 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM

2003 S-600
I know all about pulling the "sleeper" card. We have a local 1/8th mile. I was sitting in the staging lanes waiting in line. A guy pulls up next to me in a Ram Air Firebird asking about the car. He asks what the car has been running. I tell him 8.20s (I knew he was trying to sucker me so I wasn't about to tell him about the 7.70 I just busted off). He told me he had a 150 shot of N2O, drag radials, etc. and he was running 8.0's. He asked if I wanted to run them. I accepted. BTW, two of my buddies were in the car with me. Here is the video of that...

http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/cl600dragstrip.wmv

I ran a 7.7 to his 7.8. He came back all upset. He just knew he was going to pull the old switcharoo on us, but we were one step ahead of the game. Then he switched over to the whole "well look at how much money you have in your car vs how much I have in mine" argument. I think when he saw that there were three people in the car, that was the KO punch...

Just trust me when I say that I have as much experience surprising people in a DD Merc as anyone here.

With that said, Vipers are king of the streets. End of discussion.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:02 PM

AMG's
Originally Posted by GARY JAVO
I know all about pulling the "sleeper" card. We have a local 1/8th mile. I was sitting in the staging lanes waiting in line. A guy pulls up next to me in a Ram Air Firebird asking about the car. He asks what the car has been running. I tell him 8.20s (I knew he was trying to sucker me so I wasn't about to tell him about the 7.70 I just busted off). He told me he had a 150 shot of N2O, drag radials, etc. and he was running 8.0's. He asked if I wanted to run them. I accepted. BTW, two of my buddies were in the car with me. Here is the video of that...

http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/cl600dragstrip.wmv

I ran a 7.7 to his 7.8. He came back all upset. He just knew he was going to pull the old switcharoo on us, but we were one step ahead of the game. Then he switched over to the whole "well look at how much money you have in your car vs how much I have in mine" argument. I think when he saw that there were three people in the car, that was the KO punch...

Just trust me when I say that I have as much experience surprising people in a DD Merc as anyone here.

With that said, Vipers are king of the streets. End of discussion.

Sorry guys, Gary's right. I have two Vipers, one modded and one stock, and I have an E55 with an SL600 on the way. The Vipers the king of the street and track. I'd definately rather drive the benz on most days though.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
So now you guys have got me looking for um. Found one in traffic today. BEAUTIFUL silver!! What a car!! He got up behind me and I had Treo camera phone ready to roll, but he musta thought I wasn't worth it and exited.

Haven't felt that excited and yet in terror in a long time.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 AM

Hooptie
A viper is the king of the streets, when heavy modding gets involved (TT's, in particular). In stock trim, it is now far from being the king of the streets.
SL65 AMG, CL65 AMG, 997 TT, FGT, C6 Z06, Murci, Gallardo SE, and F430 are some cars that are quicker than a Viper stock vs. stock.

Maybe 13 years ago, but not anymore. Let us wait and see what the Diamondback brings us in 08.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 AM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by Zlicious
A viper is the king of the streets, when heavy modding gets involved (TT's, in particular). In stock trim, it is now far from being the king of the streets.
SL65 AMG, CL65 AMG, 997 TT, FGT, C6 Z06, Murci, Gallardo SE, and F430 are some cars that are quicker than a Viper stock vs. stock.
Agreed 100%. We were talking about modded cars here.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:56 AM

none
Those twin turbo Vipers aren't to be f**ked with, but even so don't think your untouchable. I know a Supra or two that can chase you down, along with some Skylines and RX-7s. And than of course, the Twin Turbo Lambos are a ***** to deal with. Corvettes too. I mean, there's a plethora of vehicles that can challenge the errr "king".

And yeah, THAT Trans might not of beaten you, but theres a couple of those too that could damn near backflip launching off the line.

And these new 6.3 AMGs... bring on the Twin Turbos.

Like I said though... good Viper... sit. lol I swear those Vipers look evil... I know exactly what Jakpro1 is talking about. You see. You admire. You exit the freeway.

And my '88 Tercel... ha... those Yugos never saw it coming!

Last edited by Exodus; 09-27-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by Exodus
Those twin turbo Vipers aren't to be f**ked with, but even so don't think your untouchable. I know a Supra or two that can chase you down, along with some Skylines and RX-7s. And than of course, the Twin Turbo Lambos are a ***** to deal with. Corvettes too. I mean, there's a plethora of vehicles that can challenge the errr "king".
Let me introduce you to Chad. He is the guy that owns this car...

Here's what it does at the track...
http://www.heffnersperformance.com/v.../CHADS7.99.wmv

Originally Posted by Exodus
And yeah, THAT Trans might not of beaten you, but theres a couple of those too that could damn near backflip launching off the line.
You mean like this?
http://www.heffnersperformance.com/v...ntonteaser.wmv

You say that there are Supras that will walk me down? RX-7s... Lambos? You are misinformed.

Here's where a pulled an extended Turbo Hayabusa from 80-180 with my old TT-GTS.
http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2005%...0DAY%202HR.wmv
It was making a mild 930rwhp.

Here is where I ran an 8.75 in Jerry Kennedy's STREET car.
http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2006%...8SECPASSES.wmv

That car had ALL of the features it left the factory with. It was quiet, smooth, and never skipped a beat. This was the first and only time to the track. We went an 8.90 on the very first pass.

This is the car I am building.
http://www.garyjavo.com/wfschome.htm

A properly built viper is the king of the streets.

Last edited by GARY JAVO; 09-27-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Modded E55 is a sleeeper and that makes everything even more FUN

The funny thing is that I also beat beat 2000 Viper with SS ehxaust and C6 ZO6 and highly moded RX7 with my E55 which only has Headers at local night racing in 1/4 on a highway...Viper would only start to pull on ME after 1/4 mark passed...

Those Viper and Corvette owners got big surprise cause at 1st they werent taking ME seriously and organizers did even wanted to put ME in line with those cars...cause they thought its not our league...

The crowd where lauching and shouting "Viper will beat everyone", "RX7 will kill them all", "Corvette is the fastest"...and then they got big SUPPRISE when I spanked all those car 3 times in ROW ...ITs was FUN, you shoould have seen the faces of all those Vettes and VIpers owners

I beat one too. Bad. Heres' the link

https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/120798-cls55-vs-viper-srt10.html
Old 09-27-2006, 04:42 PM

Hooptie
Ahh, got ya. Sorry about that...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Hooptie
Gary, is Chad's 7.99 ET the fastest Viper to date?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
...........this thread is getting more and more funny. You can put a nuclear powerplant in your engine bay and run the quatermile in one second. The reason the Veyron is a big deal is not simply because it is fast, since a guy at my local track with a modified honda civic hatchback ran 10.8 in the 1/4 mile and is faster than the Veyron. You can modify anything and go as fast as you wish.......not really a huge deal.

.........My E55 is a 2000 E55. It is a non supercharged version with 345 crank HP when stock. It now has an aftermarket Kleemann supercharger and is competitive with the new E55's that have the facory supercharger. My times against the stock viper are note worthy because of where the car started from. It would have been the same if I beat say an S65 or a gallardo or a ford GT. If I bought a Ford GT and added a twin turbo to it and beat a viper, it will be no big deal. There is always some relativity in everything. Posting videos and pics of heavily modified vipers in an E55 forum looses the relativity factor. You should be comparing your car to twin turbo Ford GT's. E55 owners will be comparing their cars to stock vipers etc. Campaign slogans like "King of the Road" are generallly meaningless because it all depends on what road you are driving in. As you have acknowledged, there are many cars stock to stock thack are faster than the viper including stock mercedes 4 door sedans like the S65.

Ted
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 AM

none
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
As you have acknowledged, there are many cars stock to stock thack are faster than the viper including stock mercedes 4 door sedans like the S65.

Ted
OWNED!

Yeah, thanks for the links anyways Gary. Those Vipers sure are quick, I'd argue with you about cars being faster but obviously there is no talking to you therefor I leave you with a big THANKS! For the videos...

Just don't be surprised when a Quad-Turbo V12 Skyline creeps up behind you... or a RX-7. Or Supra. Or Twin Turbo Lamborghinis... and trust me, they do exist.

Carry on with the chest-thumping.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 AM

2003 S-600
Ted,
Let me get this straight...

1. You highly modified your old E55, took it to the track and outran a stock viper driven by a squid.

2. Someone says this shows that vipers lack engineering.

3. I tell you that modified vs modified, vipers are without a doubt kings of the street. (This isn't just talk. We have world records to prove it.)

What are we going back and forth about again?

"You can modify anything and go as fast as you wish.......not really a huge deal."
When you modify your car and outrun a stock viper, it's a big deal, but when I show you what modified under engineered vipers are capable of, it's not even worth noting?

The viper stuff was posted to show the naysayers that these cars can be impressive also. What's more impressive? An s65 can go 11's and offer incredible luxury or a street driven viper running 7's? Obviously, there is no right answer. They are both impressive.

The bottom line is, when you are looking to go fast with luxury, MBs can't be beat. I would know! You are preaching to the choir on that one. If you are talking about the fastest thing on the street, it's going to be a properly built viper.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:45 AM

2003 S-600
Exodus,
I don't even know where to start with your dumb ***. I was owned? Yeah, clearly. Quad turbo v12 skyline? What are you smoking? Are you living your life Fast and the Furious style?

Twin Turbo Lamborghini? They do exist, huh? You clearly have me beat in fast car experience department right? Oh, wait a minute... What is this...
http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2006%...aroundtown.wmv

A video I produced of a twin turbo Lamborghini Gallardo. Here is a scan of it in Car and Driver.

I give up. Your incredible knowledge of speed has me baffled. I thought I knew what "fast" was, but leave it up to Exodus to come lay down some serious "ownage" ****.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Gary relax, let's not continue with the name calling
Old 09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
I think it's pretty cool that E55 is spoken in the same catagory as Viper etc being that its a sedan !!! Couple buddies have stock Vipes but traffic is so nasty here we cant find a place to play and no time to go to the track. Stock vs. Stock I'm sure it will be fun and tight...but like I tell them any chance I get...they sound like trucks !! No offense. Just used to either more or less cylinders. They run like stink though. So does our little sedans !!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The viper stuff was posted to show the naysayers that these cars can be impressive also. What's more impressive? An s65 can go 11's and offer incredible luxury or a street driven viper running 7's? Obviously, there is no right answer. They are both impressive.

The bottom line is, when you are looking to go fast with luxury, MBs can't be beat. I would know! You are preaching to the choir on that one. If you are talking about the fastest thing on the street, it's going to be a properly built viper.
I agree with you!

seriously... I did not buy an E55 to race Vipers or Z06's...

I bought it to have a nice, comfortable ride and have some ***** when I needed to pass those dams lifted trucks or SUV's going 90 on the fast lane

or you typical rice rocket trying to mess with you, while you have 2 kids on board and your wife.

Z06, Viper and F GT are the kings of American Engineering and they are what they are.. MONSTERS.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 PM

none
Exodus,
I don't even know where to start with your dumb ***. I was owned? Yeah, clearly. Quad turbo v12 skyline? What are you smoking? Are you living your life Fast and the Furious style?

Twin Turbo Lamborghini? They do exist, huh? You clearly have me beat in fast car experience department right? Oh, wait a minute... What is this...
http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2006%...aroundtown.wmv

A video I produced of a twin turbo Lamborghini Gallardo. Here is a scan of it in Car and Driver.

I give up. Your incredible knowledge of speed has me baffled. I thought I knew what "fast" was, but leave it up to Exodus to come lay down some serious "ownage" ****.
I didn't do any ownage, I was laughing at the point Ted made, which made you look like a fool. With your two door supercar beat by a four door limo-- lmao if you cant see the "ownage" in that, your an idiot. Let me put it this way, when you get beat in your two door supercar, buy a four door 2 ton+ sedan it means you got... OWNED!

Dude, sometimes I wonder if you burn your sack when you rape your car up the pipe-- your not fastest on the street, get over it. Someone needs a reality check...

Seriously, the more you get heated and personal, the more you show your insecurities-- which I believe extend beyond your "street king". Besides, I gave you credit-- I don't see what all the fuss is about. I just said I'm 100% sure, there is something faster. Yeah, ok act like I f**ked your wife and get personal.

I also wasn't talking about the Gallardo-- way to go picking on the lowest model Lambo with your top model Viper.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exodus, relax, I already told Gary.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Gary you have some FAST cars. TT vipers are really fast and among the fastest cars on the track. But theres ALWAYS something faster. At our last track rental there was a superstreet camaro than ran 7 secs. SO what? Its expected. If I take my car to the track and run a high 11 second pass, that will raise quite a few eyebrows, why? Because its not expected aka sleeper. No doubt vipers are fast as **** and I would love to have one but to see a 4 door "old mans" car in street trim turn those kind of times is simply amazing. I'm, not saying a 11 sec mercedes is better than a 8 sec viper, I'm just saying the each have something special in a different way. I've actually been looking at purchasing a viper or supra for just that reason. A friend of mine has a 1000whp E36 BMW 328i. Same frame and body as the day it came off the dealer lot. When I saw it run my face was like The sleeper effect just makes it that much cooler.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM

none
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Gary you have some FAST cars. TT vipers are really fast and among the fastest cars on the track. But theres ALWAYS something faster. At our last track rental there was a superstreet camaro than ran 7 secs. SO what? Its expected. If I take my car to the track and run a high 11 second pass, that will raise quite a few eyebrows, why? Because its not expected aka sleeper. No doubt vipers are fast as **** and I would love to have one but to see a 4 door "old mans" car in street trim turn those kind of times is simply amazing. I'm, not saying a 11 sec mercedes is better than a 8 sec viper, I'm just saying the each have something special in a different way. I've actually been looking at purchasing a viper or supra for just that reason. A friend of mine has a 1000whp E36 BMW 328i. Same frame and body as the day it came off the dealer lot. When I saw it run my face was like The sleeper effect just makes it that much cooler.
God forbid anything outrun Gary's Viper!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take the Ford GT over the Viper any day. Vipers are so butt-ugly. Sorry, Gary. Oh, and by the way, I know that I'm totally in the wrong here, because I think Supras are ugly too. Any way you cut it, fast just isn't enough to keep the interest of some people (like me).
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by m3_eater
I know that I'm totally in the wrong here, because I think Supras are ugly too.
Totally in the wrong....
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 AM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by TopGun32
I agree with you!

seriously... I did not buy an E55 to race Vipers or Z06's...

I bought it to have a nice, comfortable ride and have some ***** when I needed to pass those dams lifted trucks or SUV's going 90 on the fast lane

I'm with you on that one. These cars fit your bill perfectly. The CL-600 had the Renntech programming done to it. Everyone was amazed how strong that car pulled. I had a set of 18" drag radials on a set of HREs. With the 19" Renntech wheels and regular street tires, it would break traction rolling into the throttle at 50mph, but with the DR's, it would hold in first.

A friend down the street has the e-55. The 600 is quieter, smoother, and stronger. The 55 feels more like a sports car. I like that. Have fun with the car, TopGun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55K S7 vs Viper.