Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C6 v. BMW Z4 M roadster....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Watch out what you say.. The S4 boys talk about smoking m3's all the time, the reason is the 4wd allows for an easy launch on the S4 and most M3 drivers just sit and spin lol.
s4's arent that fast
i cant see them beating a m3 in a drag race if the m3 got a bad launch or if its wet though

even with smg there is too much wheelspin when using the launch control
Old 01-15-2007, 11:06 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
[QUOTE=AMG_55;1938623]s4's arent that fast
QUOTE]

Not stock but with a few grand in bolt ons they are very fast.

2.7 liter twin-turbo V-6 is good base to mod from, getting 500 bhp from a S4 cost's alot less than a modded 500 bhp (FI) M3!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
[QUOTE=JLP;1938708]
Originally Posted by AMG_55
s4's arent that fast
QUOTE]

Not stock but with a few grand in bolt ons they are very fast.

2.7 liter twin-turbo V-6 is good base to mod from, getting 500 bhp from a S4 cost's alot less than a modded 500 bhp (FI) M3!
we werent talking about the older ones. we were talking about the v8 s4's.

i know what can be done with the older ones, my friend had one with close to 650hp. he spent like 15k on the engine mods alone, coilovers, brembo's, carbon fiber body panels....... everything
Old 01-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Almost a Member!

M Z4 is not just for straight, But a very good handling and gives u good drive experience. a4 c6 stock vs mz4 stock on the track, c6 die...unless u drive the z06..
Old 01-16-2007, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by hekeke
M Z4 is not just for straight, But a very good handling and gives u good drive experience. a4 c6 stock vs mz4 stock on the track, c6 die...unless u drive the z06..
Your kidding right??
All day long C6 beats your M all over the Auto X, or any other track,
If both drivers are equal in skill level your M isn't winning...

You act like the A4 trans is the defining factor?? please, you can easily shift the A4 manualy and stay in the power band in every gear...

Your little M will handle well, but no comp for a properly driven C6 w/excellent power to weight ratio, no matter what tranny the C6 is rollin' with...

A C6 Z06 would leave you so far back it wouldn't even be a competition.

Go watch Top Gear show where yes a stock C6 albeit manual 6 speed, races a new Dodge Viper on an Auto X course, staying w/in a couple car lengths the whole time, even to the finish line...

The Viper has 500hp.....No way the C6 w/A4 would be hampered that badly w/an equal skilled pilot, you only need a few gears anyway..

All stats 0-60 1/4 mile etc w/C6 A4 are within a few tenths .02-.03 of the C6 M6

Last edited by Thericker; 01-16-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
New A4 curb weight is 3417.

997 curb weight 3197.

I guess the porsche turbo or the C4S is not a race bred driving machine?
4WD is possibly the best to have in a car in terms of using power and having control. Just think about how much faster and how much better the AMG cars would be with 4wd...

My fathers 02 C4's could take this one winding road at 100+ MPH easily, my M3 would struggle to get to 80 without the tail starting to lose out of the corners.
Then why are the fastest road course cars in the world rear wheel drive?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Then why are the fastest road course cars in the world rear wheel drive?
Well if you read all the post you would find your answer. They are banned from just about every racing league.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Thericker
Your kidding right??
All day long C6 beats your M all over the Auto X, or any other track,
If both drivers are equal in skill level your M isn't winning...

You act like the A4 trans is the defining factor?? please, you can easily shift the A4 manualy and stay in the power band in every gear...

Your little M will handle well, but no comp for a properly driven C6 w/excellent power to weight ratio, no matter what tranny the C6 is rollin' with...

A C6 Z06 would leave you so far back it wouldn't even be a competition.

Go watch Top Gear show where yes a stock C6 albeit manual 6 speed, races a new Dodge Viper on an Auto X course, staying w/in a couple car lengths the whole time, even to the finish line...

The Viper has 500hp.....No way the C6 w/A4 would be hampered that badly w/an equal skilled pilot, you only need a few gears anyway..

All stats 0-60 1/4 mile etc w/C6 A4 are within a few tenths .02-.03 of the C6 M6
Dont want to be an ***... But Vipers are pigs, if a viper was tuned down to the same power to weight ratio as the M3 or Z4M both the M cars would kill it. Its just a problem longer and wider wheel based cars run into. My buddies GTI VR6 can out handle just about anything on the road problem is it gets left for dust on the straits.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Dont want to be an ***... But Vipers are pigs, if a viper was tuned down to the same power to weight ratio as the M3 or Z4M both the M cars would kill it. Its just a problem longer and wider wheel based cars run into. My buddies GTI VR6 can out handle just about anything on the road problem is it gets left for dust on the straits.
I didn't know that? so maybe including the C6's huge advantage in the straights we would be very close?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Vipers.........

i wouldnt say they are pigs,

.97g on the skidpad
67.8 mph slalom speed

not the best but definitely respectable numbers for something w/ a truck engine

also stops better from 60 than a f430

this is from road&track.... please dont make me dig out any other mags (there is way too many, this one was one of the few that were on top)
Old 01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
My buddies GTI VR6 can out handle just about anything on the road problem is it gets left for dust on the straits.
Are you talking about the previous generation (ending 2005) GTI VR6? That is your example of a car that can "out handle just about anything on the road"?
Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Thericker

Don't want to be part of a slanging match but just posting a Top Gear-related update

Clarkson's latest tape is filmed at Willow Springs and the Z4M, considered a far inferior handling car to the M3 perf. pkg, crosses the finish line at the exact same time as the 500bhp Viper coupe.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Don't want to be part of a slanging match but just posting a Top Gear-related update

Clarkson's latest tape is filmed at Willow Springs and the Z4M, considered a far inferior handling car to the M3 perf. pkg, crosses the finish line at the exact same time as the 500bhp Viper coupe.
Clarkson also happens to hate American cars, Mercedes (sans the CLS55), and is pretty pro-BMW. I would take the result with a grain of salt.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

F248 F1
AndrewAZ.....i don't know where to start.....actualy i dont think i'm going to waste my time...but AMG55 said it perfect... and to add to that... RWD takes more skill to extract the potential then say a 4wd....perfect example is the

GT3
TT

GT3 is faster, its RWD.....look at all the top gear times... the fastest are the RWD cars...
Old 01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
Are you talking about the previous generation (ending 2005) GTI VR6? That is your example of a car that can "out handle just about anything on the road"?
Until you drive one you wont understand. The car handles like a go cart, its light and has a small wheel base. I would say it handles better than my old M3 just because of the weight issue, the M3 seems like a light car but after going from driving his car to the M3 the M3 felt like a heavy pig. But like I said on the straits that cars gets dusted, and if you put more HP into the little GTI you wold run into problems with handling but as it is now stock it is possibly one of the most fun cars I have driven on the road.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by egxpimp
AndrewAZ.....i don't know where to start.....actualy i dont think i'm going to waste my time...but AMG55 said it perfect... and to add to that... RWD takes more skill to extract the potential then say a 4wd....perfect example is the

GT3
TT

GT3 is faster, its RWD.....look at all the top gear times... the fastest are the RWD cars...
Again you are retarded, the only reason being is the GT3 competes in a racing league. 4wd is banned from just about every racing league, the only place I can think of that allows 4wd is rally racing. So manufactures dont spend a lot of time making race bread machines like the GT3 that are AWD since they have no use.

And it takes a different set of skill for each type of car. Nothing special about driving a RWD car. Drifting around a corner is not really considered a racing skill since its slower than taking a proper line. Being smooth and accurate is all that is needed. Spinning tires= losing time, wrong racing line= more lost time.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Again you are retarded, the only reason being is the GT3 competes in a racing league. 4wd is banned from just about every racing league, the only place I can think of that allows 4wd is rally racing. So manufactures dont spend a lot of time making race bread machines like the GT3 that are AWD since they have no use.

And it takes a different set of skill for each type of car. Nothing special about driving a RWD car. Drifting around a corner is not really considered a racing skill since its slower than taking a proper line. Being smooth and accurate is all that is needed. Spinning tires= losing time, wrong racing line= more lost time.
you really dont know anything about cars do you..... im done with you newb
Old 01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
+1
Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Reading what you post all over here we all know how much you know.... Heck you still have your permit and no car, shows how much driving experience you have... But heck I guess you are free to talk all you want but it has no merit since you have no experience to back it up.

I have probably driven over 100 types of cars in my 4 years of driving, I can tell you the strengths and weaknesses of each. I can tell you that sports cars are a waste of money.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I am just going to say one last thing in this topic and I am not going to respond anymore.

Fastest car in the world... Yep you guess it... The Veyron.

And what is the Veyron??? Ow crap its full time all wheel drive... Until you can find a faster stock car then AWD> ALL.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ultraseven
Clarkson also happens to hate American cars, Mercedes (sans the CLS55), and is pretty pro-BMW. I would take the result with a grain of salt.
True he does. however, this was a straight race with pro-drivers in each
Old 01-18-2007, 05:35 PM

05'H2, 01'Z3, 74 DeTomaso Pantera
Thericker........ your' right on the postings. Typically when someone posts they own American, or some non-board vehicle they get trashed. The C6 is an outstanding car, and honestly a new ZM will get slaughtered by it. (I've been recently testing/driving some, along with the SLK55.....and knowing the C6 is faster than my sons 05'GTO.......and IT hauls......no competition at all. The ZM should have not even tried)

(Like I say, some folks need to check their facts before they pull up next to some cars on the road). BMW builds a great car also.....just doesn't have the torque to move it fast enough.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Sorry, I'm late to the party!

A kill is a kill, way to show that M who's boss Ricker! I'm quite partial to Benzes, but before I got the C55 I test drove the C6. Crazy fast, and looked the part too, but ext and int. Sure it doesn't have Nappa leather or alcantara but I felt it was quite good looking. Plus, I don't think it needs any of that fancy ****e.

As per HLG:
If they make a Z06 with paddle shift, I might even pick one up after college
What is this heresy??? You guys almost went another page and no one picked up on this? (Actually, I test drove an 06 with the paddles and another one with three pedals. IMO, if it's going to be a everyday cruiser the auto is a pretty good choice. The paddles are super fun, and if you are not in the mood, just let the car do it by itself.)
Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Sorry, I'm late to the party!

A kill is a kill, way to show that M who's boss Ricker! I'm quite partial to Benzes, but before I got the C55 I test drove the C6. Crazy fast, and looked the part too, but ext and int. Sure it doesn't have Nappa leather or alcantara but I felt it was quite good looking. Plus, I don't think it needs any of that fancy ****e.

As per HLG:

What is this heresy??? You guys almost went another page and no one picked up on this? (Actually, I test drove an 06 with the paddles and another one with three pedals. IMO, if it's going to be a everyday cruiser the auto is a pretty good choice. The paddles are super fun, and if you are not in the mood, just let the car do it by itself.)
Thanks bro! well said, my friend from the gym, has the 06 paddle shift C6, gearing in this is right on!!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by kaamacat
Thericker........ your' right on the postings. Typically when someone posts they own American, or some non-board vehicle they get trashed. The C6 is an outstanding car, and honestly a new ZM will get slaughtered by it. (I've been recently testing/driving some, along with the SLK55.....and knowing the C6 is faster than my sons 05'GTO.......and IT hauls......no competition at all. The ZM should have not even tried)

(Like I say, some folks need to check their facts before they pull up next to some cars on the road). BMW builds a great car also.....just doesn't have the torque to move it fast enough.
Thanks!
It's funny cause I still love Merc's...just trying to report what the new C6 can really do....