Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C6 v. BMW Z4 M roadster....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
C6 v. BMW Z4 M roadster....

Well was on the way to pick-up a friend for dinner, & to meet up w/Mario (1999 E55 Supercharged) from this forum at Piranhas Sushi restaurant last night.

Anyhow driving on the 101 South bound Freeway to Summerland, passing Montecito, I get behind the new BMW M roadster he's in the fast lane traffic opens up he moves over to the slow lane & hammers it, I had the auto 4 speed in 2nd & floored, traction light went off for a second, and slingshot past him litterally pulling a bus length on him, it was great!!

I'll leave the speeds out considering you never know who's reading this...

I passed this guy like he was sitting still, then he did the consumate fly-bye, at 90ish after I let off the gas and was coasting to my exit...

I checked Car&Driver stats on this Z4 M Roadster, thought it would've given more of a battle they say it goes 13.2 @ 107 & 0-60 in 4.6 it weighs 3277lbs, slightly more than my C6 3179lbs, Z4 M roadster has 330HP & 262Torque, He was deff in it, as his headlights lunged forward up at the night sky as he floored it...

I bet he was really pissed thinking he would just whip my ***, w/his little high revving roadster...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-11-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Nice run. But I still would take the M's interior over the Vette's any day.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Have you ever sat inside, or seen the new C6's interior? It's really not that bad, I like it, the guages are AWESOME, though I wish they would've used better leathers, and or Carbon Fiber trim...

The layout is cool but I agree the European market kills american auto makers in this venue..
Old 01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by HLG600
the new vettes interior is a huge improvement over the older c5's. i was extremely jealous of the c6 base models interior compared to my z06's. it still isn't up to par w/the m class interior but you'd be surprised.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
The Vette's interior isn't bad at all, but the M's is just incredible.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
The Vette's interior isn't bad at all, but the M's is just incredible.
Not trying to be a jerk, or anything but are you possibly thinking of another car? If not I just don't see it, besides the high quality wood on the dash, the entire layout looks antiquated & austere to me, especially the old style guages/back lighting ...About the only thing I like are the seats, there really nice

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Seriously vetts interiors are the worst... For cars in our family the Vett gets the #1 for worst interior build quality followed by the Viper then the ML.

My 328i has a better interior build than a vett... And one could argue the 328i>E46 3 series interior, but that is a preference of liking new modern vs old classic.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Seriously vetts interiors are the worst... For cars in our family the Vett gets the #1 for worst interior build quality followed by the Viper then the ML.

My 328i has a better interior build than a vett... And one could argue the 328i>E46 3 series interior, but that is a preference of liking new modern vs old classic.
Jeez...Here I thought this was the "Kill Section" my bad...It's the "Best European Interiors only Section"
Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Thericker
Jeez...Here I thought this was the "Kill Section" my bad...It's the "Best European Interiors only Section"
Drag racing a BMW is like taking a hooker fishing. Sure its fun but its not wait you paid for. Bragging about beating a BMW in a drag race with an American drag machine is not much of an accomplishment.

Like Clarkson said about the corvette "its like herpes fun to catch but not fun to live with". Dont mean to bad mouth your vett but I can since my father had a C5 Z06 it was the biggest POS "sports" car we have owned along with being the shortest car he owned in his life. He went out and traded it in for a 966 C4S yes it was slower but a much better car.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Drag racing a BMW is like taking a hooker fishing. Sure its fun but its not wait you paid for. Bragging about beating a BMW in a drag race with an American drag machine is not much of an accomplishment.

Like Clarkson said about the corvette "its like herpes fun to catch but not fun to live with". Dont mean to bad mouth your vett but I can since my father had a C5 Z06 it was the biggest POS "sports" car we have owned along with being the shortest car he owned in his life. He went out and traded it in for a 966 C4S yes it was slower but a much better car.
Well coming off like you are just because your dad used to own a crappy C5 is no comparison to the new C6's they are worlds apart, in ride quality, design, technology, etc..About the only thing your dads C5 Z06 shares w/C6 is power..

And to tell the truth, the Vette isn't really meant to be a drag car, it's supposed to be an Auto X car...I wouldn't have even instigated a race w/M but he started it & I'll race just about anyone if they start it, & conditions are good...Anyway sorry for wasting your time w/my lame story
Peace Out...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Well coming off like you are just because your dad used to own a crappy C5 is no comparison to the new C6's they are worlds apart, in ride quality, design, technology, etc..About the only thing your dads C5 Z06 shares w/C6 is power..

And to tell the truth, the Vette isn't really meant to be a drag car, it's supposed to be an Auto X car...I wouldn't have even instigated a race w/M but he started it & I'll race just about anyone if they start it, & conditions are good...Anyway sorry for wasting your time w/my lame story
Peace Out...
umm yea... its sure is one heck of an Auto X car.. An Auto X car is an s2000 or mazda miata... The corvette is a track car aka sports car, the BMW M along with AMG cars are GT cars.. A corvette as an auto X car LOL, now I have heard it all.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW

Peace Out...
At least the roof on the C5 does not fly off.. The corvette used to be a great car in the 50's, now its in line with the ford mustang, at least ford has something right by going back to past designs.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
At least the roof on the C5 does not fly off.. The corvette used to be a great car in the 50's, now its in line with the ford mustang, at least ford has something right by going back to past designs.
Boy now your an authority on the entire history of the Vette, and it's current performance capabilities? & to imagine all this from your papa, owning a C5 Vette for a few weeks

What do you drive again? that makes you such a Vette know it all? oh yeah a blistering canyon ripping speed demon 328 bmw

Whatever guy..You sure have taken my beemer kill personally ehhhh?

Edit: Oh yeah way to go on being such a positive fellow car enthusiast...What's that make it now? 3-4 times of unprovoked childish ripping on the C6, & Corvette in general?

Last edited by Thericker; 01-13-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Boy now your an authority on the entire history of the Vette, and it's current performance capabilities? & to imagine all this from your papa, owning a C5 Vette for a few weeks

What do you drive again? that makes you such a Vette know it all? oh yeah a blistering canyon ripping speed demon 328 bmw

Whatever guy..You sure have taken my beemer kill personally ehhhh?

Edit: Oh yeah way to go on being such a positive fellow car enthusiast...What's that make it now? 3-4 times of unprovoked childish ripping on the C6, & Corvette in general?
Last time I check this was a Mercedes Benz forum... Your driving a Chevy, why dont you go brag to all your Chevy buddies in the Chevy forum.

And dont even try and pick on me and my cars so far every year that I have had my drivers license I have been given a new car. I have had 2 Mercedes and 2 BMW so far. If I really wanted to I could of had a vett I prefer luxury and refinement.

I am not taking anything personally, you are the one that is making it a personal issue now.

But seriously go find a Chevy forum.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
umm yea... its sure is one heck of an Auto X car.. An Auto X car is an s2000 or mazda miata... The corvette is a track car aka sports car, the BMW M along with AMG cars are GT cars.. A corvette as an auto X car LOL, now I have heard it all.
are you kidding me? the corvette IS most certainly used for auto X and it does great. do you know anything about what you're talking about here? and that's great and all that you're spoiled and given cars by your parents. the fact of the matter is that although there are people here that grew up privileged, the majority of those who work for their cars and their goods will look at a person like you and think you're a spoiled brat. one who not only comes here and speaks with no knowledge- but can't handle it when you're wrong. which is often from what i've seen here..

anyhow--you drive a 328i, my wife drives one of those and she thinks it's underpowered.

Last edited by itsmeek; 01-13-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Not trying to be a jerk, or anything but are you possibly thinking of another car? If not I just don't see it, besides the high quality wood on the dash, the entire layout looks antiquated & austere to me, especially the old style guages/back lighting ...About the only thing I like are the seats, there really nice
Taste differs. When I had the opportunity to view one at a dealership, I was impressed. The M was deep blue with a charcoal interior, no wood trim. The steering wheel felt great, and the seats did an excellent job of snugging the driver in. Perhaps you assumed I took the C6 interior as ****. That is not the case. But between the two, the M had a far, far nicer interior. Now, as for straight line acceleration...

HLG
Old 01-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Hooptie
And I would take the C6's exterior styling over the BMW's any day, and twice on Sundays.

I thought this was a kill section?

Good kill man!!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Last time I check this was a Mercedes Benz forum... Your driving a Chevy, why dont you go brag to all your Chevy buddies in the Chevy forum.

And dont even try and pick on me and my cars so far every year that I have had my drivers license I have been given a new car. I have had 2 Mercedes and 2 BMW so far. If I really wanted to I could of had a vett I prefer luxury and refinement.

I am not taking anything personally, you are the one that is making it a personal issue now.

But seriously go find a Chevy forum.
I'm making it personal? go re-read your childish rants above junior...

Just because you have un controlled diarrea of the mouth errr umm keyboard that is......w/1400+ posts in 1 year, if you stopped chin wagging long enough to read....You'd see I used to OWN a 2001 S class modded to the hilt w/Supercharger, etc...

After I sold it is when I picked up the C6, I can see your parents must spoil you as per your attitude, a careless dispespect, I've been here far longer than you, & the same could be said about you little hypocrite you have a slow bmw, in your sig, isn't there another forum for you to go to?

Seriously, I don't care what you post, your obviously extremely immature, enjoy your tirade, you should ask the mods, if you can be our "Professional Jester"

Last edited by Thericker; 01-13-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Taste differs. When I had the opportunity to view one at a dealership, I was impressed. The M was deep blue with a charcoal interior, no wood trim. The steering wheel felt great, and the seats did an excellent job of snugging the driver in. Perhaps you assumed I took the C6 interior as ****. That is not the case. But between the two, the M had a far, far nicer interior. Now, as for straight line acceleration...

HLG
I understand....
Old 01-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Quit both of you guys thericker and Andrew.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Zlicious
And I would take the C6's exterior styling over the BMW's any day, and twice on Sundays.

I thought this was a kill section?

Good kill man!!
It is dude. Which is why I opened up with "Nice run." The winking smiley face implied I was merely kidding around with thericker.

Man, you C6 guys can be defensive. For the record (to quell any negative assumptions made), I, HLG600, state (keep the cameras rolling boys) that the C6 Corvette is fine performance machine, and that I am truly impressed with the updates from a C5. If they make a Z06 with paddle shift, I might even pick one up after college. But, although its interior is nice, it cannot be compared to that of the M Roadster, In My Humble Opinion.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Nice kill!
I had a M3 for dinner last night.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM

Hooptie
It is dude. Which is why I opened up with "Nice run." The winking smiley face implied I was merely kidding around with thericker.

Man, you C6 guys can be defensive. For the record (to quell any negative assumptions made), I, HLG600, state (keep the cameras rolling boys) that the C6 Corvette is fine performance machine, and that I am truly impressed with the updates from a C5. If they make a Z06 with paddle shift, I might even pick one up after college. But, although its interior is nice, it cannot be compared to that of the M Roadster, In My Humble Opinion.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. The M roadsters exterior can not be compared to that of the C6 In My Humble Opinion.

Sounds silly, doesn't it? This is a kill forum. Exterior or interior design is totally irrelevant.

Again, nice kill. I beat up on a 997 TT, a 450 rwhp Mustang, and a few others in the past month..
Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Zlicious
Thanks for sharing your opinion. The M roadsters exterior can not be compared to that of the C6 In My Humble Opinion.

Sounds silly, doesn't it? This is a kill forum. Exterior or interior design is totally irrelevant.

Again, nice kill. I beat up on a 997 TT, a 450 rwhp Mustang, and a few others in the past month..
I agree w/you totally but didn't want to get into yet another squallier. Oh well screw that..

It's very funny, almost every kill, or race I talk about winning in w/C6 Vette, it is allways ended w/Merc guys saying the same lame interior stab..

Imagine one of us stumbling into a Merc kill where a SL65 is doing the beating, & you say Oh yeah it's fast but..... you call that an interior for that price (when brand new they were 180k+) that interior should be much, much, better, hell it's no better than the SL55, it should be like a Rolls Royce for Christ sakes..

But I/you haven't ever done that and never will, It's a fricken "Kill Section" not anything else but Power, straight line speed, & or corner handling...

You guys sound like a bunch of deuche bag, interior designers....Were talkin SPEED HORSE POWER, & TORQUE! Manly things, not fricken "Oh what leather is that? do you have suede on your headliner? or Carbon Fiber stereo knobs?"

NO you don't Well forget your fast car, I want a rolling 5 star hotel w/seat massagers, That's 100k more....Did you ever notice the Saleen, or Enzo? interiors? yes verrry spartan, It's built for racing not your beedazzler incrusted cup holders, and latest fine fabrics etc...

Don't get me wrong, the above is me trying to show you how lame this subject is, I like nicer interiors as well but this isn't the forum for it, it's the kill section...not the Versace Gucci Section..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-13-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:55 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods

I checked Car&Driver stats on this Z4 M Roadster, thought it would've given more of a battle they say it goes 13.2 @ 107 & 0-60 in 4.6 it weighs 3277lbs, slightly more than my C6 3179lbs, Z4 M roadster has 330HP & 262Torque, He was deff in it, as his headlights lunged forward up at the night sky as he floored it...

I bet he was really pissed thinking he would just whip my ***, w/his little high revving roadster...

Your car is lighter , has a 6.0 liter V-8 with 400bhp and 400 lb-ft torque.

His M roadster is heavier, has a 3.2 liter Inline 6 with 330bhp and 262 lb-ft torque and you thought it was going to be a battle?

Definitely a kill but there was never any chance of a battle.

I doubt he was pissed , losing to a car with an engine almost twice as big is no surprise without the aid of FI.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.