Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Abused a C6!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Abused a C6!!!

I was in the SL55 heading to lunch (late as usual), doing around 90 on the freeway, when I spot a C6 Vette, aggressively moving through traffic. I made a couple of lane changes to get around some cars, when it becomes pretty clear that he is trying to chase me down. When I got trapped in the center lane with cars on either side he proceeded to pass all the traffic on the inside shoulder. Now I know I have an idiot!

I wasn't about to do anything too risky, but when I had some room I down shifted a couple of gears and got on it! He was about 1/4 mile ahead and accellerating away from me at about 100, so it was pretty obvious he was trying to flex his muscles. I squeeeezed the loud pedal and reeled him way too easily. As I approach him, I catch him looking in his rear view mirror (probably trying to figure out what just happened). He down shifted and got on the gas, and I passed him like he had an achor attatched to his bumper. But not before he tried to block me on the left, and then on the right... At this point we are heading into a great right hand sweeper (with zero traffic). He continues to get smaller and smaller in the mirror, and once I exited the sweeper, he was a good 1/4 mile back.

Since I was getting off at the next exit, I moved to the right and slowed. Here he comes!!! I looked over to say hi, but he just kept looking straight ahead.

Another case of a big ego, inferior car and pathetic driving skills. ///AMG!

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 05-10-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Nice kill! I hate sore losers...ricer fly by? Oh yeah, you're hott *****!

I read somewhere that the Superleggerra's are all spoken for already! Post some pics up when you get it.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Nice kill! I hate sore losers...ricer fly by? Oh yeah, you're hott *****!

I read somewhere that the Superleggerra's are all spoken for already! Post some pics up when you get it.
Here's one from the test drive!
Attached Thumbnails Abused a C6!!!-dinoslg1.jpg  
Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
The Superleggerra is art in motion. However, Lamborghini could have shaved an additional bulk of 200-300 lbs by switching to a RWD setup. I personally love AWD, but for a limited production track-themed car, RWD with minimum weight should have been their route.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by HLG600
The Superleggerra is art in motion. However, Lamborghini could have shaved an additional bulk of 200-300 lbs by switching to a RWD setup. I personally love AWD, but for a limited production track-themed car, RWD with minimum weight should have been their route.
Ditching AWD would save only c.100lbs, i believe. That's the case with the 997 GT2 and Turbo.

I agree with the sentiment of your post though.

GT3RS FTW
Old 05-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by HLG600
There was discussion of doing so in an article I read recently.

The 220kg (RWD conversion) vs 100kg (superlegerra) weight savings was reported, but dismissed as being detrimental to the balance.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred
Ditching AWD would save only c.100lbs, i believe. That's the case with the 997 GT2 and Turbo.

GT3RS FTW
I was fortunate to be at the press/dealer release in Phoenix. I was able to speak with some of the development engineers on the car and the reasoning was that they wanted to maintain the sure footed handling charachter of the AWD. But it sure would be great to lose some more weight.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I was in the SL55 heading to lunch (late as usual), doing around 90 on the freeway, when I spot a C6 Vette, aggressively moving through traffic. I made a couple of lane changes to get around some cars, when it becomes pretty clear that he is trying to chase me down. When I got trapped in the center lane with cars on either side he proceeded to pass all the traffic on the inside shoulder. Now I know I have an idiot!

I wasn't about to do anything too risky, but when I had some room I down shifted a couple of gears and got on it! He was about 1/4 mile ahead and accellerating away from me at about 100, so it was pretty obvious he was trying to flex his muscles. I squeeeezed the loud pedal and reeled him way too easily. As I approach him, I catch him looking in his rear view mirror (probably trying to figure out what just happened). He down shifted and got on the gas, and I passed him like he had an achor attatched to his bumper. But not before he tried to block me on the left, and then on the right... At this point we are heading into a great right hand sweeper (with zero traffic). He continues to get smaller and smaller in the mirror, and once I exited the sweeper, he was a good 1/4 mile back.

Since I was getting off at the next exit, I moved to the right and slowed. Here he comes!!! I looked over to say hi, but he just kept looking straight ahead.

Another case of a big ego, inferior car and pathetic driving skills. ///AMG!
Nice kill! I hate drivers like that!! soundz like he really had it coming
Old 05-17-2007, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by transferred

GT3RS FTW
+1

i would still prefer rwd even though the 4wd system on that car does not weigh as much as others.

Congrats Dino, its a great car
Old 05-17-2007, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_55
+1

i would still prefer rwd even though the 4wd system on that car does not weigh as much as others.

Congrats Dino, its a great car
Vadim my brutha!!!! I read your results on AMG challenge I knew you could drive but damned impressive broham! Beating the pro driver Tommy Kendal, was just sik!! you think I should try out? I know you'll kill me skillz wise but you got a glimpse of my skills (keeping it locked down when I lost traction etc.)

Funny I knew you were way above me on that last run we did approaching stupid speeds, and coming into a pretty decent bend/corner on frwy, you kept full throttle! I started to let off, verrrryyy impressive!! We need to race some more, get some tips from ya!

You da' man' Edit: I'll be in LA tomorrow any chance to meet up? around 12-1pm..

Last edited by Thericker; 05-17-2007 at 06:02 AM.