Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

clk430 vs. Harley (not a crusier with a radio type lol)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk430 vs. Harley (not a crusier with a radio type lol)

No offense to Harley drivers... well just the one that think they are the freakin Fonz...

I was on a two lane road turning right onto a street. A hot shot in his "sporty" harley was turning left at the same time. He saw me, then paused, and lurched forward and nearly hit me, stoping in the right lane. We pulled onto a double lane, and i could here the uneccisaraly loud, "POP, POP, POP"

I watched him rush up to my to my rear quater, and I just let the CLK go....

He was with me for a second, but as i watched the needle for form 25-70 i looked up and saw him 2 car lenghts behind.... and i just heard the noise....

Then as a sore loser he had to ride my *** in which i slllloooowwwweeeedddd
way down.

No chance against an ninja bike, but the fonz on a "sweet" Harley...Goodbye!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:44 AM
ON PROBATION

1989 560sl and 1997 s500
haha wow that is hilarious. I know i hate harleys and pretty much all cruisers but do love sport bikes. I am glad u beat him. lol
Old 06-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
No offense to Harley drivers... well just the one that think they are the freakin Fonz...

I was on a two lane road turning right onto a street. A hot shot in his "sporty" harley was turning left at the same time. He saw me, then paused, and lurched forward and nearly hit me, stoping in the right lane. We pulled onto a double lane, and i could here the uneccisaraly loud, "POP, POP, POP"

He was with me for a second, but as i watched the needle for form 25-70 i looked up and saw him 2 car lenghts behind.... and i just heard the noise....

way down.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
My friend with his stock '96 Maxima ran dead even with a Harley to about 80. I pulled up alongside the Harley and just started laughing at him. He got the message and rolled away.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
You know....to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just didn't want to be stuck behind you. I have been in that position a few times.....I want to go a good 5-10 mph faster and some hotshot thinks that I wanna race when I pull to go around them. Happened the other day in fact....w/ an SRT-8 on a 4 lane highway. The lady was going 50 in a 55 in the left lane, and was not getting over to let faster traffic pass even though there were plenty of opportunities. We pull to a stoplight (where she brake checked me like crazy), and when it turned green she floors it trying to lose me. I stay glued to her because I want to get around her so that I don't have to deal w/ her BS anymore (just want to be on my way at the speed I want to go). I think she decided that I was trying to race (because god forbid I was actually able to keep up w/ her 4500 lb POS Dodge) She basically does everything in her power to keep me from getting around her, to include some seriously reckless driving. It all could have been avoided if she would have just chilled and gotten over to let faster traffic pass. Not saying this is you.....just know that more often than not, people are not trying to race
Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY
You know....to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just didn't want to be stuck behind you. I have been in that position a few times.....I want to go a good 5-10 mph faster and some hotshot thinks that I wanna race when I pull to go around them. Happened the other day in fact....w/ an SRT-8 on a 4 lane highway. The lady was going 50 in a 55 in the left lane, and was not getting over to let faster traffic pass even though there were plenty of opportunities. We pull to a stoplight (where she brake checked me like crazy), and when it turned green she floors it trying to lose me. I stay glued to her because I want to get around her so that I don't have to deal w/ her BS anymore (just want to be on my way at the speed I want to go). I think she decided that I was trying to race (because god forbid I was actually able to keep up w/ her 4500 lb POS Dodge) She basically does everything in her power to keep me from getting around her, to include some seriously reckless driving. It all could have been avoided if she would have just chilled and gotten over to let faster traffic pass. Not saying this is you.....just know that more often than not, people are not trying to race

Oh trust me i tried to give the benfit of a doubt....

I lived in Michigan, Virginia, and spent long stints in Florida, and it is all the same. So many of these guys ride around like there **** don't stink... Well it dosen't just stink, it is loud and slow LOL.

Maybe he did want to get around...but maybe i did not want to listen to that thing... I drive a benz one of the most quiet interiors, and that thing is so loud. So i was letting faster traffic go by..me

Don't get me wrong i love loud cars. I loved listening to a Carrera gt with straight pipes or a 69 Camero with a lumpy cam, but that Harely noise just gets me.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
Oh trust me i tried to give the benfit of a doubt....

I lived in Michigan, Virginia, and spent long stints in Florida, and it is all the same. So many of these guys ride around like there **** don't stink... Well it dosen't just stink, it is loud and slow LOL.

Maybe he did want to get around...but maybe i did not want to listen to that thing... I drive a benz one of the most quiet interiors, and that thing is so loud. So i was letting faster traffic go by..me

Don't get me wrong i love loud cars. I loved listening to a Carrera gt with straight pipes or a 69 Camero with a lumpy cam, but that Harely noise just gets me.
I hear ya....just thought I'd throw that out as food for thought
Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
LMAO, those Harleys just sound way too loud. I was following behind two of them a few weeks ago and we went under an overpass and they were just cruising and the noise just blasted out.

BTW, don't even try to race this one (especially from a dig). Looks can be deceiving.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:39 AM

E550 and Z4 3.0si
I am in the Harley hater club too. Why do these things have to be so obnoxiously loud? And why do their #@$%'ing owners feel the need to start them up at 7:30AM on weekends and let them "warm up" for like 15 minutes before they mount them and wake everyone up as they drive away with the higher than thou attitude?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Justin T
I am in the Harley hater club too. Why do these things have to be so obnoxiously loud? And why do their #@$%'ing owners feel the need to start them up at 7:30AM on weekends and let them "warm up" for like 15 minutes before they mount them and wake everyone up as they drive away with the higher than thou attitude?
My parents live in Florida, and told me that the only ones that can afford them are doctors and business profesionals... Not "hells angels" type..

It gives these guys a chance to be "bad to the bone" a couple of hours a weekend. Plus doctors work early in the morning so they wake up early to release the real beast between there legs...

I don't mess with cruisers those guys are far too hardcore.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
My parents live in Florida, and told me that the only ones that can afford them are doctors and business profesionals... Not "hells angels" type..

It gives these guys a chance to be "bad to the bone" a couple of hours a weekend. Plus doctors work early in the morning so they wake up early to release the real beast between there legs...

I don't know where to begin to explain how wrong you are.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
LOL Good job ApproachingZero, my fellow CLK Brethren!

I had this encounter almost 1 month ago, I was stopped at a light with my windows down on a nice warm sunny Cali day as the light hits green, guess who happens to drive by me....a super loud Harley but what pissed me off is as soon as the light hit green he had the nerve to blast the throttle and nearly turn my left ear deaf, he didnt even slow down nothing he downshifted ALL the way to 1st just so he can blast it right in my ear...so I said to myself, okay...this jerkoff wants to do that? I get on my throttle and and as I passed him I give one quick rev at him and I flew by him at 60 and as I looked by at my rearview mirror, and the dude had the nerve to shake his head at me?
I think I got his attention very good, cause at the next light he didnt blast his throttle to anybody, so I think he got the message.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

they have them loud so you do'nt run them over as you change lanes

but to be honest they are asking for it! and they make you want to run them over
Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 AM

Charger SRT-8
Way late to this one. So many Harley haters, so funny.

If the guy downshifted, it would have pulled you to about 60-70mph, and then fallen off assuming it was only a TC88 w/ intake/exhaust.

And that is on the low end of the Harley hp spectrum and what is on the road....
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Way late to this one. So many Harley haters, so funny.

If the guy downshifted, it would have pulled you to about 60-70mph, and then fallen off assuming it was only a TC88 w/ intake/exhaust.

And that is on the low end of the Harley hp spectrum and what is on the road....

The guy had to downshift; he made a left turn from a slow roll and was right on the gas.....

Plus I can tell he down shifted from the change in fart noises coming from his “engine”

He started off with a regular fart noises and then went to a more frequent diarrhea fart noise…. You know like after eating greasy Mexican food and beer drinking.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 PM

Charger SRT-8
The guy had to downshift; he made a left turn from a slow roll and was right on the gas.....

Plus I can tell he down shifted from the change in fart noises coming from his “engine”

He started off with a regular fart noises and then went to a more frequent diarrhea fart noise…. You know like after eating greasy Mexican food and beer drinking.
You're describing a Honda Civic or an old Integra. You don't like muscle cars or pushrod engines either, do you?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
You're describing a Honda Civic or an old Integra. You don't like muscle cars or pushrod engines either, do you?
No civics and integras are like weed whipers....
Muscle cars have a diffrent sound too, much cleaner and more powerful than a Harley. The cam's make it sound quicker which results in a fuller sound.

To me every Harley sounds like a untuned motor. The v-twin sounds like a fat kid running the mile for school. Why buy a harley when you could just buy a diesel truck?.... Same noise and least you would get more torque with the truck. Lump :pause" Lump :pause: Lump :pause:. My favorite is when they open the throttle to pass..... It is so loud but they move so slow.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:05 AM

F10
i have a neighbor that just fits the bill, guy "warms" up by waking up all the neighbors and then leaves with just as much "roar" it's just really irritating.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Most Harley guys now days are doctors/lawyers playing "weekend bada$$" anyway.

Great kill!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
All Harleys are not slow. I own both a Harley and sport bike. If you run into one of these Harleys (V-Rod) don’t waste your fuel because it will walk away especially from the get go. They have so much low end TQ you can dump the clutch at 4K-5K and your off. The V-Rod is the only Harley I would own just because I am into speed. The rest IMO are dogs.

Stock V-Rods are running in the Mid High tens not to many cars doing that on the street.

Nice job showing him up though .

way down.

Attached Thumbnails clk430 vs. Harley (not a crusier with a radio type lol)-bikes-2.jpg  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Charger SRT-8
Love the noise or hate it, as long as there are distracted drivers due to 'COMMAND' driver interfaces driving extra insulated cars , we need every advantage we can get.

Loud Pipes Save Lives.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX

I'd be careful of Harley's equipped like this...
Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM

C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion

I'd be careful of Harley's equipped like this...
wtf is that. lol
Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by poamike
wtf is that. lol
they are guns from "blue thunder"