Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Kleemann E55 vs AWE Stg 3 S4 - VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007 | 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Kleemann E55 vs AWE Stg 3 S4 - VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T05JEwaLX9g

Looks like you guys had fun.
AMG Rider, care to share some insights with us ?
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:31 AM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Nice to see some friendly runs! Both cars were beasts curious if the AMG was actually what they claimed it was didnt think it would get pulled on that hard.
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
wow...Blair Race Project?

Would have been so much better with a cam mount.
Old 07-22-2007 | 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Josh K
wow...Blair Race Project?

Would have been so much better with a cam mount.
most of us don't even supply vids with our kill stories and most of the rest use cell phone cameras where you can't even figure out what you just watched...and you're complaining about these???

impressive s4 that's for sure! makes you wonder about e55 heat soak how it pulled hard in the first vid then couldn't keep up in the rest.

Last edited by chiromikey; 07-22-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2007 | 02:19 AM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
Originally Posted by chiromikey
most of us don't even supply vids with our kill stories and most of the rest use cell phone cameras where you can't even figure out what you just watched...and you're complaining about these???

impressive s4 that's for sure! makes you wonder about e55 heat soak how it pulled hard in the first vid then couldn't keep up in the rest.
Hey guys......AMG Rider and I had alot of fun that night

As far the the first pull.....there were a couple things to take into account. But as far as heatsoak.....it was not that (AMG Rider has an Evosport Cooling Package upgrade.....and I would feel heatsoak as well with a Twin-Turbocharged car). What I can tell you is that i had put 1.5 Gallons of racegas in there, mixed with about 2+ gallons of 93 Octane. I had also switched my Timing maps over for the better Octane. So in essence....what you were seeing was that the S4 got stronger as the races went along as it "adapted" to the better octane. The first pull after you put racegas in is usually the slowest....since the ECU needs a couple of WOT pulls to adapt to the better Octane. That is pretty much the best explanation I can give you

All in all.....they were very VERY good runs/races that night. It was super fun and thanks again to AMG Rider

PS. Chiromikey.....you are right about most stories not even having any video at all. We try our best to get footage.....it is not easy to film with cars doing over triple digits We'd like to do daytime runs too.....but night is safer, for many reasons

Last edited by EvilllEmpirE; 07-22-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2007 | 03:07 AM

W203 C230k '05
sorry about the stupid question but your S4 is a inline 4
Old 07-22-2007 | 07:23 AM

2.7 L V-6
Old 07-22-2007 | 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Yup great videos and great cars. Your S4 is definitely a beast. Any more racing videos of yours against various different cars ?
Old 07-22-2007 | 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
hey evil-e...how did you do against sleeperx's e55?
Old 07-23-2007 | 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
hey evil-e...how did you do against sleeperx's e55?

hey....just answered over on the E55 forum.....Sleeper X's car is very fast no doubt
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:45 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
Hey guys......AMG Rider and I had alot of fun that night

As far the the first pull.....there were a couple things to take into account. But as far as heatsoak.....it was not that (AMG Rider has an Evosport Cooling Package upgrade.....and I would feel heatsoak as well with a Twin-Turbocharged car). What I can tell you is that i had put 1.5 Gallons of racegas in there, mixed with about 2+ gallons of 93 Octane. I had also switched my Timing maps over for the better Octane. So in essence....what you were seeing was that the S4 got stronger as the races went along as it "adapted" to the better octane. The first pull after you put racegas in is usually the slowest....since the ECU needs a couple of WOT pulls to adapt to the better Octane. That is pretty much the best explanation I can give you

All in all.....they were very VERY good runs/races that night. It was super fun and thanks again to AMG Rider

PS. Chiromikey.....you are right about most stories not even having any video at all. We try our best to get footage.....it is not easy to film with cars doing over triple digits We'd like to do daytime runs too.....but night is safer, for many reasons

Hey man~like u said, it was super fun that nite~but, everyone has been telling me about the heat-soak. im not really sure about that..but, i had a malfunction saying "coolant check level" for about a week~im gonna take my car to a dealer to get it checked out~ take care bro~see u soon~
Old 07-23-2007 | 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Hey man~like u said, it was super fun that nite~but, everyone has been telling me about the heat-soak. im not really sure about that..but, i had a malfunction saying "coolant check level" for about a week~im gonna take my car to a dealer to get it checked out~ take care bro~see u soon~
First off let me say that Jackson's car is a BEAST and mad props to him for all the quality work and one of the Sweetest looking Audi's I've ever seen! On the other hand Joon,if this code came up in your car , you have air in your cooling system which will definitely cause heat soak.

When Frank ran a modded ZO6 back in April or early May he murdered the modded ZO6 on several occasions. Maybe an hour or so later he invited a "STOCK" Zo6 for a run and the stck ZO6 beat Frank's car like there was no tomorrow! Of course Frank was looking like this figure right here after the loss.
LOL!

Anyway not too soon after this run with the ZO6 he got the exact same malfunction warning. We looked in his overflow bottle and there was almost NO antifreeze in it and some slight bubbling going on due to HOT air in the system. You need to get it chkd out ASAP .

After that Joon,you and Jackson should run again just to see what happens.

Again, this is not taking anything away from Jackson's RS4 because it is a Force to be reckoned with. One of the most beautiful S4 wagon's I've ever seen I'll repeat. However, I think another Run is called for just to see where both cars are at versus one another. Joon you definitely have hot air in your heat exchangers cooling system. Seems like this happens over time with these cars after several hard runs over time. You and Frank have to constantly stay up and watch your coolant level in the overflow bottle when the Engine is cold.

The way you two guys beat the Hell outta of these poor little S/C 5.5l motors I'd stay on top of the oil,antifreeze and get the tranny oil and filter chgd asap for insurance. I definitely do on a regular basis.

Well hope to see you guys Thurs nite ,I'll be there.

Jackson it was also a pleasure meeting you! Good luck to you and Joon when you guys run again.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 07-23-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2007 | 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Where do you guys run on Thurs nights? I am always around Yonkers on Thurs, a lot of cars meet up there and we run. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public. Yo, EvilEmpire, you should get Marc with his S4 to run against Frank. Or is your car equal to his? Take care
Old 07-24-2007 | 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Where do you guys run on Thurs nights? I am always around Yonkers on Thurs, a lot of cars meet up there and we run. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public. Yo, EvilEmpire, you should get Marc with his S4 to run against Frank. Or is your car equal to his? Take care
we meet up at the meet at Edgewater NJ and go from there. My car is powerwise pretty close to his.....might be a "hair" more HP, but with this weight advantage......it puts him in another league
Old 07-24-2007 | 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
First off let me say that Jackson's car is a BEAST and mad props to him for all the quality work and one of the Sweetest looking Audi's I've ever seen! On the other hand Joon,if this code came up in your car , you have air in your cooling system which will definitely cause heat soak.

When Frank ran a modded ZO6 back in April or early May he murdered the modded ZO6 on several occasions. Maybe an hour or so later he invited a "STOCK" Zo6 for a run and the stck ZO6 beat Frank's car like there was no tomorrow! Of course Frank was looking like this figure right here after the loss.
LOL!

Anyway not too soon after this run with the ZO6 he got the exact same malfunction warning. We looked in his overflow bottle and there was almost NO antifreeze in it and some slight bubbling going on due to HOT air in the system. You need to get it chkd out ASAP .

After that Joon,you and Jackson should run again just to see what happens.

Again, this is not taking anything away from Jackson's RS4 because it is a Force to be reckoned with. One of the most beautiful S4 wagon's I've ever seen I'll repeat. However, I think another Run is called for just to see where both cars are at versus one another. Joon you definitely have hot air in your heat exchangers cooling system. Seems like this happens over time with these cars after several hard runs over time. You and Frank have to constantly stay up and watch your coolant level in the overflow bottle when the Engine is cold.

The way you two guys beat the Hell outta of these poor little S/C 5.5l motors I'd stay on top of the oil,antifreeze and get the tranny oil and filter chgd asap for insurance. I definitely do on a regular basis.

Well hope to see you guys Thurs nite ,I'll be there.

Jackson it was also a pleasure meeting you! Good luck to you and Joon when you guys run again.
Carl.....pleasure meeting you as well. I'm sure the summer of fun runs has just started
Old 07-29-2007 | 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Hehe nice runs man, I know exactly how these cars pull having been in a few stage 3+'s. They're absolutely nuts.

A friend of mine just got together a Gt2871R S4 so Im thinking that E55 would be real cake for him.
Old 07-30-2007 | 04:14 AM

W203 C230k '05
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
2.7 L V-6
thank you sir

i guess the old saying "there is no replacement for displacement" just got kicked out of the door
Old 07-30-2007 | 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by markmam1
thank you sir

i guess the old saying "there is no replacement for displacement" just got kicked out of the door
Don't forget about the good old 2JZ and RB26's...when tuned, they completely embarassed everything.
Old 07-30-2007 | 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by markmam1
thank you sir

Porsche and Audi have shown this for the longest.(911 turbo) And Mazda as well.(rotary) Pre RX-8. Then the others have come to follow suit(Toyota,Nissan,Mitsubishi,Subaru,Hyundai) with inline sixes(turbocharged and N/A) and turbocharged fours.

But the big motored guys still don't wanna hear it.

Know they are forced to listen!!
Old 07-31-2007 | 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Porsche and Audi have shown this for the longest.(911 turbo) And Mazda as well.(rotary) Pre RX-8. Then the others have come to follow suit(Toyota,Nissan,Mitsubishi,Subaru,Hyundai) with inline sixes(turbocharged and N/A) and turbocharged fours.

You can't have a conversation about high output/displacement without mentioning BMW and Honda. And they've generally accomplished this with naturally aspirated engines
Old 07-31-2007 | 12:46 PM

W203 C230k '05

i really agree with you

and italianstallion is also true 2jz rb26 has a bottom end of more or less 1000hp stock they can hold that much. no lie but almost if not all inline six from nissan, bmw , mercedes, toyota, (and the forgotten once) really show strenght and endurance and power. there is this one guy in here (pumpish) with the m103 engine from a 300E had it blown on a stock motor at around 550 to 600hp on the crank and that is just amazing. i guess inlines show what they really worth and plus. the rotary a 2 650cc triangle piston 2 x 650cc = 1300cc or a 1.3 L can produce north of 500hp on pump gas and still be reliable. is unbelievable. japanese are really unveliebalbe on things although the first rotary engine is made by daimler (correct me if im wrong) and just tuned and got it to work my mazda. and i also love the looks of their car and high reving engines
Old 07-31-2007 | 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
And now does it seem like the new trend is higher displacement and bigger engines? Nissan is using the 3.8 liter VQ V6 engine in their new Skyline GT-R, Toyota is going to put a V8 (or maybe hybrid + V8) in their new Supra, the new NSX will have a V10, and the new M3 has a V8 (though it is low displacement and high revving).
Old 07-31-2007 | 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
You can't have a conversation about high output/displacement without mentioning BMW and Honda. And they've generally accomplished this with naturally aspirated engines
oops,you're right!!
Old 07-31-2007 | 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
And now does it seem like the new trend is higher displacement and bigger engines? Nissan is using the 3.8 liter VQ V6 engine in their new Skyline GT-R, Toyota is going to put a V8 (or maybe hybrid + V8) in their new Supra, the new NSX will have a V10, and the new M3 has a V8 (though it is low displacement and high revving).
yep it's a cycle but MB has always been about displacement!! I believe that they have continued the old American/Euro trend and now the others GM,Dodge,and the Japanese manufacturers want to come back to it. Thank God we can get back to it because of technology.