Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Got my ass handed to me..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
It's W211 E55 Bobby!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I've been on 6speed and corvetteforums way too long...
Old 02-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG stock, E36 M3 modded
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I've been on 6speed and corvetteforums way too long...

Maybe the cars that you raced had something wrong with them at the moment, I know it's not likely but maybe a driver error at the time they were racing you. I raced CLK 500 out of dig and roll BTW and same resultsn(killed him) , but I don't think you are lying just think that something was up with those cars. BTW 335is auto and 6spd are knows to trap more then 105mph in low 13s

Thing is that I raced CLK 55 AMG and we were neck to neck untill 105mph were we let off, so how the heck is CLK 500 as fast is a mistery to me
Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by mancic32
Maybe the cars that you raced had something wrong with them at the moment, I know it's not likely but maybe a driver error at the time they were racing you. I raced CLK 500 out of dig and roll BTW and same resultsn(killed him) , but I don't think you are lying just think that something was up with those cars. BTW 335is auto and 6spd are knows to trap more then 105mph in low 13s

Thing is that I raced CLK 55 AMG and we were neck to neck untill 105mph were we let off, so how the heck is CLK 500 as fast is a mistery to me
Idk man. There is a 335xi sedan that I see quite often at the races. Maybe I'll get a chance to run her this week. If I do, videos will be posted.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Nissan Altima SE-R
Originally Posted by mancic32

Um. No offense, but did you completely blow by my post where I stated that I witnessed the race between the CLK500 and the 335i and the CLK cleary and definitively pulled car lengths on it? It was an automatic and he downshifted so I'm gonna say it wasn't driver error unless he forgot the gas pedal is on the right . Granted the 335i is fast, but I don't think your giving the CLK500 much credit in the fact that it has more torque and more horsepower.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Thanks for being honest, the S600 is a wonderful high torque/hp car, but doesn't mean it will win every street race.

First of all, there's no such thing as "rolling start" when you want to race. A fair race is when both car start from dead stop, just as you would do a race track. If you go into any race track, and ask for rolling start, the reception would not be that pleasant.

The new BMW 335 is a beast, don't know why BMW even bother with the M3. One of my co-worker just bought a BMW 335i sedan, with auto trans. In stock form, it smokes the E550 pretty bad, and the E is not a slow car. He has some guy in Pasadena installed the Vishnu mod for him. It's not really ECU programing, more like a device that attach to the ECU board. Guess what, he smoke both the previous gen M3, and the new E63 !!!. The thing must have ran 0-60 in low 4s w/ the device.

Best part of all, the thing cost him less than $300 !!!, and he told me it could be installed/removed at anytime, no special tool needed. And gas mileage actually improve with it.

That's the beauty w/ (twin) turbo charge huh, all the power to be unleash w/ mod.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AltySE-R
Um. No offense, but did you completely blow by my post where I stated that I witnessed the race between the CLK500 and the 335i and the CLK cleary and definitively pulled car lengths on it? It was an automatic and he downshifted so I'm gonna say it wasn't driver error unless he forgot the gas pedal is on the right . Granted the 335i is fast, but I don't think your giving the CLK500 much credit in the fact that it has more torque and more horsepower.
You're probably the only person I know who believes the 335 really has 300hp.
To dyno 285whp stock, it has to be 320+ crank.

Last edited by Roundel; 02-14-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by zam2000
Thanks for being honest, the S600 is a wonderful high torque/hp car, but doesn't mean it will win every street race.

First of all, there's no such thing as "rolling start" when you want to race. A fair race is when both car start from dead stop, just as you would do a race track. If you go into any race track, and ask for rolling start, the reception would not be that pleasant.

The new BMW 335 is a beast, don't know why BMW even bother with the M3. One of my co-worker just bought a BMW 335i sedan, with auto trans. In stock form, it smokes the E550 pretty bad, and the E is not a slow car. He has some guy in Pasadena installed the Vishnu mod for him. It's not really ECU programing, more like a device that attach to the ECU board. Guess what, he smoke both the previous gen M3, and the new E63 !!!. The thing must have ran 0-60 in low 4s w/ the device.

Best part of all, the thing cost him less than $300 !!!, and he told me it could be installed/removed at anytime, no special tool needed. And gas mileage actually improve with it.

That's the beauty w/ (twin) turbo charge huh, all the power to be unleash w/ mod.

Yes, BMW really hit the nail on the head with this car. A Euro tuner's dream.
I would think an E550 would take the 335i or it would at least be close. Not completely smoked. And yeah, those piggyback ECU's are ridiculous!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Will take more than $300 for a 335i to best an E63 and it's certainly not going to "smoke" it, even then. Stock is it quicker than an E550- I'd need to a video to believe it.

They still make the M3 as it offers 414bhp with a full factory warranty, better brakes, sound, handling, looks etc.

However, I'll grant you that with a few grand spent on them the 335i can put out very good numbers.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Will take more than $300 for a 335i to best an E63 and it's certainly not going to "smoke" it, even then. Stock is it quicker than an E550- I'd need to a video to believe it.

They still make the M3 as it offers 414bhp with a full factory warranty, better brakes, sound, handling, looks etc.

However, I'll grant you that with a few grand spent on them the 335i can put out very good numbers.
I dunno about the Vishnu mod Costing $300 I sold my used one for $1200 and new its like $1500. The JuiceBox which I now have and is more like $300 AND I wouldn't be surprised if it did beat an E63 espcially with the Auto tranny.With my little mods I walked the E63 very easily so being complety stock with just juicebox I can see that happening. Also the M3 will be properly PWNED when it arrives and I can't wait. Even if someone dares to say something ignorant like "the 335 can't handle like an M" well I'd just buy a Porsche anyway cause thats the Real Deal.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by jonmartin
I dunno about the Vishnu mod Costing $300 I sold my used one for $1200 and new its like $1500. The JuiceBox which I now have and is more like $300 AND I wouldn't be surprised if it did beat an E63 espcially with the Auto tranny.With my little mods I walked the E63 very easily so being complety stock with just juicebox I can see that happening. Also the M3 will be properly PWNED when it arrives and I can't wait. Even if someone dares to say something ignorant like "the 335 can't handle like an M" well I'd just buy a Porsche anyway cause thats the Real Deal.
But a 335i can't handle as well as the M3. As for P-cars, I certainly know how they handle and yes it is another step up in handling again but practicality is another matter.

Anyway, can't be bothered to argue. You sound extremely fervent in your love for the 335i so carry on. It certainly offers tremendous bang for the buck.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:27 PM

I have some doubt about a stock 335 pulling on a stock clk 550. It will pull a stock S4.

With a piggyback, exhaust and a couple of stuff, the 335 is a different animal.

Those pulling on the E63 have about $5k in their cars not $300.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
But a 335i can't handle as well as the M3. As for P-cars, I certainly know how they handle and yes it is another step up in handling again but practicality is another matter.

Anyway, can't be bothered to argue. You sound extremely fervent in your love for the 335i so carry on. It certainly offers tremendous bang for the buck.
There goes some of the ///Marketing in Full effect. Your on one if you think so. Stock 335's have beaten Z4M's and RS4's on road courses thats pretty naive to think otherwise.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jonmartin
There goes some of the ///Marketing in Full effect. Your on one if you think so. Stock 335's have beaten Z4M's and RS4's on road courses thats pretty naive to think otherwise.
Wasn't there a topgear or fifthgear video of a 335i vs an S5 on a track and the 335i beat the S5 by like half a second? I don't see how a 335i could beat an RS4 on a course...

Jon, I don't see how you could argue that the M3 is a MUCH more complete package than the 335i. You are more of a street and quarter mile racer. You're goals are different than some other drivers. I do enjoy having a car that offers top notch performance on every level, but deep down inside, straight line acceleration is the most important to me. So I totally understand why you would get a 335i over an M3 and put lots of money into it to make it destroy an M on the straights. I'd do the same. But you have to admit that the M3 is an all around better car and stock for stock, it blows away the 335.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Wasn't there a topgear or fifthgear video of a 335i vs an S5 on a track and the 335i beat the S5 by like half a second? I don't see how a 335i could beat an RS4 on a course...

Jon, I don't see how you could argue that the M3 is a MUCH more complete package than the 335i. You are more of a street and quarter mile racer. You're goals are different than some other drivers. I do enjoy having a car that offers top notch performance on every level, but deep down inside, straight line acceleration is the most important to me. So I totally understand why you would get a 335i over an M3 and put lots of money into it to make it destroy an M on the straights. I'd do the same. But you have to admit that the M3 is an all around better car and stock for stock, it blows away the 335.
Well said. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM

2003 S-600

Didnt say I always race from a rolling start.. I said I should of because the outcome would of been very different I like you am in full agreement that a real race is from a dead stop.. I lost because of driver error plain and simple

The new BMW 335 is a beast, don't know why BMW even bother with the M3.
Cant forsake the M3 name but people need a more affordable sports car from BMW..

Wait till you see the Mitsubishi RalliArt Lancer that is coming out.. Same concept as BMW.. Take their best selling sports car and offer a "detuned" version of it for much less money.. Turbocharged, AWD, 6spd but with 230hp instead of 280..

One of my co-worker just bought a BMW 335i sedan, with auto trans. In stock form, it smokes the E550 pretty bad, and the E is not a slow car. He has some guy in Pasadena installed the Vishnu mod for him. It's not really ECU programing, more like a device that attach to the ECU board. Guess what, he smoke both the previous gen M3, and the new E63 !!!. The thing must have ran 0-60 in low 4s w/ the device.

Hence why since 1990 I have always owned Forced Induction cars.. They are so easy to modify.. My Eclipse was making 255whp and running 13.0's all day long at the track with less than $1000 in modifications (that was before I decided to make it a monster).. I just wish the S600 had some kind of tuning software that I could play with.. Im not adverse to paying $2500 to what is essentially a chip.. Hmm.. Anyone for adjustable wastegate actuator arms?

V12 TT > Inline 6 TT
Old 02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
Didnt say I always race from a rolling start.. I said I should of because the outcome would of been very different I like you am in full agreement that a real race is from a dead stop.. I lost because of driver error plain and simple

Cant forsake the M3 name but people need a more affordable sports car from BMW..

Wait till you see the Mitsubishi RalliArt Lancer that is coming out.. Same concept as BMW.. Take their best selling sports car and offer a "detuned" version of it for much less money.. Turbocharged, AWD, 6spd but with 230hp instead of 280..

Hence why since 1990 I have always owned Forced Induction cars.. They are so easy to modify.. My Eclipse was making 255whp and running 13.0's all day long at the track with less than $1000 in modifications (that was before I decided to make it a monster).. I just wish the S600 had some kind of tuning software that I could play with.. Im not adverse to paying $2500 to what is essentially a chip.. Hmm.. Anyone for adjustable wastegate actuator arms?

V12 TT > Inline 6 TT

2003 S600>ALL
Old 02-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Top gear also dynoed a Mustang GT500 at 450WHP and wrote the word "Almost" on the side next to the 500hp badge what does that tell you? If they don't know the difference between Crank vs Wheel HP um you can figure out the rest.

Anyway here are some links from a Car And Driver test at VIR race track where the 335 beat the Z4M and the RS4 by 1 full second.And um that track is alot larger then the Track you saw in that S5 vs 335 tv show test.

Quote from C&D about the RS4
"The closest comparative car this time around was the BMW 335i coupe, which also has decent-sized rear seats. The BMW was almost one second quicker around VIR, despite dramatically lower peak speeds on the straights. The RS 4 simply overloads its tires too quickly when the steering wheel is turned"

Read more here http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ticle_id=13184

A quote from C&D about the 335i:
"But what floored us was that the 335i's best lap (3:10.5) was 1.2 seconds quicker than the M coupe's. It's a case of neutral handling over outright speed. Whereas the M coupe had understeer at turn-in that switched to oversteer at the exit, the 335i was nearly perfectly balanced everywhere and made up most of its time in the region between the braking zone and turn apex. The 335i does everything remarkably well, which is why many of us at Car and Driver think it's the best all-around car in the world. "

More on the 335i here: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ticle_id=13181

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ature/(page)/1
More about the VIR Raceway a REAL 4.2 mile race track not a dinky mini track on a TV show

Last edited by jonmartin; 02-15-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:09 PM

07 E550, 04 SL600, 99 ML320
Buy a new 550 model!

I like the stealth of my E550. BMW drivers think it is an old man's car but they get quite the surprise when it let's loose.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 AM

Sclass
hey dennis its nick with the lorinser black 500 we did the photo shoot at floyd bennet.

i just bought that vette c6 you said you could beat before..... 625hp you ready for a couple runs and the back of my exhaust?