Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

90's style Acura Integra on the highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
90's style Acura Integra on the highway

Not really a kill story just an amusing story for me.

About a week ago Honey and I were driving on the highway. I was putzing around in the left lane going about 85mph. I look in the rearview mirror and see this white Acura Integra come speeding up in the right lane. He's got one mission and thats to pass my butt. I wait until he gets about even with my rear quater panel and I drop the hammer. It was like he hit a wall. Unfortunately there was traffic ahead and some dude pulled into the left lane to pass other people. It was also hard to concentrate with Honey yelling at me "are you trying to kill me?" I had to let off, but super cool Integra boy kept going. He passes me and the guy in front of me on the right and has to cut him off by swerving into the left lane. The dude infront of me had to slam his brakes hard. I guess it was another episode of "I'll do anything to pass the AMG...even risk life and limb".

Some people are just retarded. But it was nice to shut his run down for a brief moment.

Here's the bodystyle of his car:

Old 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good story. I always get from the old lady, "Are you trying to kill us?"

In my 430 I have a special kind of "VTEC". It is called the WTF are you doing TEC

Any time I take it over 5000rpm..... "WTF are you doing??"

I guess it is a good thing, she babies the **** out of my car when she drives it.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 PM

E36 M3, 82 f-150 4x4
Hey Stiggs, you have no idea how much I can relate to you with that story. I must see 3 or 4 Civics or Integras that try to scream by me on the highway. Most I let go, not worth it, some however I can't resist. On some ocassions when one passes me like the king of the road I drop it to fourth and open up the throttle. It's always fun to go by them and then just let off the gass to watch them catch back up. My car is a bit loud so I know they know when I'm on the gas and when I'm off. Crazy thing is they still keep hammering their car as hard as they can as they go by. Oh, I almost forgot, you still up for some friendly competition? I'm having some work done to my car for the good weather coming up and remember talking to you about lining up against an M3. Keep an eye out for Lucky6600 setting up something on the weekends, I always tag along when he sets something up.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by gv96m3
Hey Stiggs, you have no idea how much I can relate to you with that story. I must see 3 or 4 Civics or Integras that try to scream by me on the highway. Most I let go, not worth it, some however I can't resist. On some ocassions when one passes me like the king of the road I drop it to fourth and open up the throttle. It's always fun to go by them and then just let off the gass to watch them catch back up. My car is a bit loud so I know they know when I'm on the gas and when I'm off. Crazy thing is they still keep hammering their car as hard as they can as they go by. Oh, I almost forgot, you still up for some friendly competition? I'm having some work done to my car for the good weather coming up and remember talking to you about lining up against an M3. Keep an eye out for Lucky6600 setting up something on the weekends, I always tag along when he sets something up.
I'm always up for something. Let me know via PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:24 PM

'03 E55
I got the E55 shortly after some punk kid in a Lancer did that same maneuver when I was in my ML430. I was just trying to get around slower traffic in the left lane and this kid took offense and had enough power to hold me behind him repeatedly for about 10 miles.

Even though I still find them trying, I haven't found a car that could hold me off since.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Hazy1
I got the E55 shortly after some punk kid in a Lancer did that same maneuver when I was in my ML430. I was just trying to get around slower traffic in the left lane and this kid took offense and had enough power to hold me behind him repeatedly for about 10 miles.

Even though I still find them trying, I haven't found a car that could hold me off since.
I find it alot easier to go faster when I'm alone in the car.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM

'03 E55
Originally Posted by Stiggs
I find it alot easier to go faster when I'm alone in the car.
Does the Mrs. add that much curb weight or is she just all over you to slow down???
Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 PM

none
Does the Mrs. add that much curb weight or is she just all over you to slow down???

Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I ran a turbo Integra up to about 125 and I only gained a length on him. At the light, he told me he was running low boost and he was having clutch issues. Not that my car is a rocket ship, but I'm just saying that the Integra, when modded properly, can be a quick car.

I also raced a stock one with just intake who swore he was so powerful he needed drag slicks to even hookup from a 2nd gear roll. Man, I'll never forget that night...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55

Its the latter.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
Hey wouldn't you want to get out of a Honda as fast as you can? Maybe they are just trying to get their drive over with, I know I would.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Gotta make the car so fast, wife is scared to ride in it.

"What should we take? The Benz?"

"Ahhhhh noooo, let's take the QX"

heh heh, mission accomplished.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
a integra gsr motor on low boost with stock internals can do around 300whp.

With forged internals they can do around 500whp until you need to sleeve the block.

On the quarter mile, they struggle to get traction due the fwd layout. On the highway weighing around 2500lbs with 300-500whp makes these cars highway monsters.

here's a example. From a dig the viper would destroy the integra. From a roll the integra has a chance since it has more to do with power, rather then traction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTlKeJmQr4

Keep in mind these cars are cheap to buy, cheap to mod and cheap to get power out of. So they appeal to lot of young dumb kides who watched fast and the furious too many times.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 02-26-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I also raced a stock one with just intake who swore he was so powerful he needed drag slicks to even hookup from a 2nd gear roll. Man, I'll never forget that night...
That's nothing man. This kid was once bragging how well he can launch his M3.

"Yo, I launch that thing so well, you have no idea, there is so much smoke kid."

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by polarbexar
Hey wouldn't you want to get out of a Honda as fast as you can? Maybe they are just trying to get their drive over with, I know I would.
geez, why is there so much bashing on Hondas?

Hondas are fun, and when done right, are hella of a lot more fun to drive than a lot of cars. sheesh.

JDM ftw!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i think honda's are great for what there meant to be. Decently priced cars with good gas mileage and good resale value. I remember i bought my civic for 16k and sold it for 11k 3yrs later.

There probably one of the best handling fwd cars and can give some rwd cars a run for there money around corners.

Unfortunately acura has nothing that can compare with the c32 or m3. Hence why i went with the c32.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
geez, why is there so much bashing on Hondas?

Hondas are fun, and when done right, are hella of a lot more fun to drive than a lot of cars. sheesh.

JDM ftw!
Yeah....but its a Honda.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Yeah....but its a Honda.
i don't see what's wrong with the brand? Honda continues to innovate and continues to produce reliable and economical cars. the Acura brand is getting rave reviews, and many of the lineup are significantly better built than other brands/marques. people these days
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM

'03 E55
i don't see what's wrong with the brand?
With very few exceptions, they are still just soul-less transportation appliances designed to offend the fewest number of potential customers.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
i don't see what's wrong with the brand? Honda continues to innovate and continues to produce reliable and economical cars. the Acura brand is getting rave reviews, and many of the lineup are significantly better built than other brands/marques. people these days
I agree with you. They are rock solid, reliable cars, that have decent handling and are easy on gas. In retrospect, if I would go back a few years, I would lean towards an RSX, slap a supercharger on it, still get far better fuel economy, and not worry about inflated repair costs. Nahh...who am I kidding.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM

C32
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i think honda's are great for what there meant to be. Decently priced cars with good gas mileage and good resale value. I remember i bought my civic for 16k and sold it for 11k 3yrs later.

There probably one of the best handling fwd cars and can give some rwd cars a run for there money around corners.

Unfortunately acura has nothing that can compare with the c32 or m3. Hence why i went with the c32.
I had a 97 Integra GSR, then owned a 00 Prelude before finally jumping ship to my current ride.

You are absolutely spot on with the GSR motor. They are fairly easy to mod and many had a simple turbo bolted on. The shifter had short throws and the clutch was ridiculously easy to engage. I bought it in 99 for about 21K after taxes, then sold it in 03 for 13K after about 55K miles with the same set of tires

The Lude was more sublime and in my opinion handled better when stock. On the other hand, there weren't as many parts available for it as the Integra. And in fact, it handles better than my stock C32 hands down despite it's FWD setup.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by ultraseven
I had a 97 Integra GSR, then owned a 00 Prelude before finally jumping ship to my current ride.

You are absolutely spot on with the GSR motor. They are fairly easy to mod and many had a simple turbo bolted on. The shifter had short throws and the clutch was ridiculously easy to engage. I bought it in 99 for about 21K after taxes, then sold it in 03 for 13K after about 55K miles with the same set of tires

The Lude was more sublime and in my opinion handled better when stock. On the other hand, there weren't as many parts available for it as the Integra. And in fact, it handles better than my stock C32 hands down despite it's FWD setup.
H22 FTW!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HLG600
I agree with you. They are rock solid, reliable cars, that have decent handling and are easy on gas. In retrospect, if I would go back a few years, I would lean towards an RSX, slap a supercharger on it, still get far better fuel economy, and not worry about inflated repair costs. Nahh...who am I kidding.
yeah my friends with turbo rsx's and integra still get 28mpg with the turbo on, if they drive it moderately. I think the rsx understeers more then the integra does though. I love the k-series engines though.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ultraseven

i think the preludes were nice, but felt pretty heavy in my opinion. I think the suspension for the c32 is perfect for daily driving. It handles decently, while keeping you from feeling every bump on the road.

My integra handled nice, but it was more like a race car though. Not really nice comfortable ride.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

for me, i try not too look too much at brand name. I look at what each individual car has to offer. Each brand of car has something to offer.

I love japanese cars because they easy to work on, reliable and parts of cheap.

I love german cars, because there usually pretty balanced with good handling and decent power.

I think some domestics are good to like the cadallic cts-v and the corvette. I love those ls motors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 90's style Acura Integra on the highway