Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

slk32 vs 6.0 GTO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by H.Goring
Well I wasn't pointing at you, you drive a seven year old c class. At least I see most guys on this board pony up the cash for a new one, better to be a cash cow with a small dick than a poser with a small dick.
Lol....poser? Oh, yeah, poor me....dream on...I bought it new for $72K, about double what yours cost. But yes, obviously, I see your point: I bought a new $72K AMG back in '01, when I could've simply waited a few years and gotten a "real" car for $30K.

Wow, you're smart.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:56 PM

2005 GTO
Originally Posted by Improviz

Oh, gee, I suppose if we forget all of the other mods, it might be relevant, but it isn't. This thread is about a stock vs stock, and you, overflowing with testosterone and underflowing with smarts, decide to chime in about how your heavily modded car could beat a stock AMG.

Which is irrelavent, and silly. About what I would expect.

Go read the first post again champ. Based on the OP's description the GTO in question was modified. Guess they forgot reading comprehension and deduction at the MB "how to be a pompous *** class" huh??
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
Lol....poser? Oh, yeah, poor me....dream on...I bought it new for $72K, about double what yours cost. But yes, obviously, I see your point: I bought a new $72K AMG back in '01, when I could've simply waited a few years and gotten a "real" car for $30K.

Wow, you're smart.
Man, that's gotta be annoying, eh? High school kids with a part time job flipping burgers are driving around in the same car you have. Rough.

The best part about the GTO is that no one will mistake our cars for a cheaper V6 or base model. You can't say the same. I've seen the rims you have on pretty much every iteration of that car.

Anyway, please carry on with your attempts at looking down on us pathetic mullet GTO owners from your lofty $14,000 steed. Clearly we are in the presence of automotive greatness.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by StormSigma
I don't have to compromise when I go to McDonalds, it's cheap enough that I can get what I want each time. Same thing with your cheap old AMG.
Yawn....point is, I bought it new, and it cost double what your Cavalier cost. All cars depreciate. When I find something I want, I'll get it.

But for the $72K I spent, I could've bought two of your Cavaliers, *or* gotten me a nice Z06 if speed were my only concern.

What's your excuse? Why a Goat and no vette? Just like ugly cars, yes?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I think I'll go pick that cheap '01 CLK55 AMG on Autotrader up after work.

Fourteen grand? I could pay for that in cash. Then I'll be able to join this board and talk down to people who defend cars that aren't AMGs also. It'll be fun being one of the "Class of the Super Saiyen Platinum Gold Members Only Club Elite" guys.

I can't wait to show all my friends my super awesome AMG!
And maybe when you grow up you can afford a new one.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
Yawn....point is, I bought it new, and it cost double what your Cavalier cost. All cars depreciate. When I find something I want, I'll get it.

But for the $72K I spent, I could've bought two of your Cavaliers, *or* gotten me a nice Z06 if speed were my only concern.

What's your excuse? Why a Goat and no vette? Just like ugly cars, yes?
What? Point is what? Actually MY point stands. You're a big mouth who drives a relatively slow old cheap AMG car. You're no better than the guys who just bought a 1991 S-Class and then go around bragging about how they have a Mercedes so clearly they're a cut above the rest. Period. End of story. You can talk all you want about how much you paid for it as though it makes you special. It doesn't. It makes you insecure.

I'll be honest, as much as you think our cars are ugly, they are much better looking than your slabsided boat, and that's that. Why no Vette?

Vettes don't have four seats.

Hey? Why no brand new SL65?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM

06 GTO

Wow, you're smart.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Pontiac GTO
Man, that's gotta be annoying, eh? High school kids with a part time job flipping burgers are driving around in the same car you have. Rough.

The best part about the GTO is that no one will mistake our cars for a cheaper V6 or base model. You can't say the same. I've seen the rims you have on pretty much every iteration of that car.

Anyway, please carry on with your attempts at looking down on us pathetic mullet GTO owners from your lofty $14,000 steed. Clearly we are in the presence of automotive greatness.

You had me rolling. People outside of my office could hear me laughing.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by H.Goring
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...omparison_test
Originally Posted by Car & Driver
A Mercedes-Benz CLK55--the M3's arch rival from Stuttgart (Mercedes builds the body, and AMG installs the drivetrain and suspension)--tallies $71,114 with a K2 option package that adds a car phone and six-disc CD changer to the already comprehensive equipment list.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM

06 GTO
They are not, however, running around in the 2008 ML320 I got my wife for Christmas last year, nor are they wearing an SS Daytona (today, tomorrow a different watch), nor do they live in the house I live in, nor do they also own a Lexus SUV....

You see, mullet boy, the CLK isn't the only asset I happen to own.

No, they'll just mistake it for a four cylinder Cavalier.

Yes, it is unfortunate that I have to share in the stigma of owning a Mercedes (actually, two) when I could own, say, a GTO and an Aztek. Poor me...

Thing is, one of us could walk into our local Chevy dealer tomorrow and buy a Z06 cash.

And it ain't you.
I wouldn't list my assets, for that is classless, and I'm sure most M-B owners have way too much self respect to post a list like you. I'll say I traded a vette for the GTO as I needed a biger car, and I never had a mullet.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Actually, I could afford a seventy thousand dollar car now.
Sure you could. Which is why you bought a Cavalier instead of a C6...right?

However, I don't see the need to spend that much on a car because techno-gadgets for old people don't impress me, and neither do cars with slushboxes.
Well, $30K cars w/nitrous don't impress me either, particularly when they look like Cavaliers.

That's the funny thing about bragging about your discretionary income level on the internet. You don't know who you're talking to. I know millionaires who drive Buicks because they are of the same mind as I: namely that overpriced European cars are just that, overpriced. They aren't for everyone.
Neither are Rolexes or Patek Phillipes.....but some folks like them, and, unlike cars, they appreciate.....

But clearly, they're for small-minded nitwits who like to talk mad trash while driving a cheap used seven year old car. Clearly that's a sure sign of your immense buying power.

Surely.

Let me know when you have a valid argument, Commander Moneybags.
I did. Running your modded POS against a stock AMG proves nothing. And so far you've said nothing to counter this.

But if you want to engage in a pure debate, engage: what relevance does how fast your car is have to the topic of this thread? I maintain that you chimed in only because your fragile ego was threatened by your beloved Mulletmobile going down to an AMG.

I'll anxiously await your answer.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
What? Point is what? Actually MY point stands. You're a big mouth who drives a relatively slow old cheap AMG car. You're no better than the guys who just bought a 1991 S-Class and then go around bragging about how they have a Mercedes so clearly they're a cut above the rest. Period. End of story. You can talk all you want about how much you paid for it as though it makes you special. It doesn't. It makes you insecure.

I'll be honest, as much as you think our cars are ugly, they are much better looking than your slabsided boat, and that's that. Why no Vette?

Vettes don't have four seats.

What is it about your bruised ego that constantly has you internet fighting??

http://www.automobileforum.com/forum...=56138&st=240&
Old 08-20-2008, 05:15 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
Actually, Improviz, anyone who knows me can tell you, I can easily walk into a Chevy dealer and buy a C6 Z06, brand new, with cash. Not an issue. I like the GTO for reasons beyond what it cost. Unfortunately, you are hung up on cost. Too bad, there is a lot more to life than what you have in the bank.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Spyral
Actually, Improviz, anyone who knows me can tell you, I can easily walk into a Chevy dealer and buy a C6 Z06, brand new, with cash. Not an issue. I like the GTO for reasons beyond what it cost. Unfortunately, you are hung up on cost. Too bad, there is a lot more to life than what you have in the bank.
No, you're (as usual) not getting the point. So, let me spell it out: you act as though we're supposed to be impressed with your $30K car, with what, $10K or so (give or take) in performance mods...but that puts you well shy of what mine cost.

Ergo, for far, far less than I spent on my car (or my wife's), I could easily replicate what you've got. For a bit more, I could surpass it and still be far shy of the cost of mine.

Or, I could get a Z06.

So why should I be impressed, exactly? There were tuned Honda Civics out there running 10's when I got my car, and yet I skipped them as well.

So, I again ask: why is it the performance of your modded Goat should impress me, when I could easily do it myself?

And how is the fact that you drive a (presumably) very fast, very heavily modified car relevant to the fact that the OP beat a lightly modded GTO?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Cause we're spending our money on GI Joes!!

"It's funny to think back on now, but I spent most of my twenties being somewhat sensitive, not quite ashamed but not really shameless, to the fact that I was an adult who spent large amounts of money on things that were meant for children. But as time went on, I came to realize that it doesn't really matter what other people think about what I do with my money. I think the change came for me about four years ago, when I was twenty seven. I was asking a coworker what he was doing that weekend. He told me he was going to spend his weekend driving around to various cigar shops because he collected those little paper bands that cigars come with. Something that was really meaningless to me, but the guy was passionate about it. Really no different than me at all. Other people I met or knew collected toy cars, or shot glasses, or band teeshirts, or old Ataris, or celebrity signatures, or whatever. Toys really aren't any different. We all have our shelf where we proudly display the spoils of our hunts, our won auctions, our prized rare whatsit.

Hello, I'm an adult who collects toys."

Linky:

http://stormsigma.livejournal.com/

Bro, you are disturbed!

GTO = Ghey Toy Obsession!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:39 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
No, you're (as usual) not getting the point. So, let me spell it out: you act as though we're supposed to be impressed with your $30K car, with what, $10K or so (give or take) in performance mods...but that puts you well shy of what mine cost.

Ergo, for far, far less than I spent on my car (or my wife's), I could easily replicate what you've got. For a bit more, I could surpass it and still be far shy of the cost of mine.

Or, I could get a Z06.

So why should I be impressed, exactly? There were tuned Honda Civics out there running 10's when I got my car, and yet I skipped them as well.

So, I again ask: why is it the performance of your modded Goat should impress me, when I could easily do it myself?

And how is the fact that you drive a (presumably) very fast, very heavily modified car relevant to the fact that the OP beat a lightly modded GTO?
First, I never asked you to be impressed with my car. I do not seek validation from others, as you seem to do so often in this thread.

Second, I never said my car could not be replicated, with enough cash.

Third, the level of modiufication my car has is not entirely relevant to this topic, I admit that. However, I offered to run ANY AMG, modded ones are included in the ANY qualifier.

I understand you are defensive about your brand of choice, as are we, the GTO owners. However, your constant attempts to deride our enthusiasm is disheartening. You rumble along like some internet hate machine, your logic is based solely on your perception of wealth, or how you want us to perceive your wealth. How many board members here have met you or seen your car in action? Do you actually own one? Hundreds of members of the GTO community have met me and seen my car in action. I have a hard time believing that you could be this bad in person. I am sure your car is amazing, it should be for the price, however, you should realize not everyone is a MBZ fan. While I will never outright say your car is a POS (as you have about a hundred times in this thread) I will simply say it is not my choice. I will take the high road here, because Brad seems like a very decent person and most other members I have seen here seem the same. You, however, are a troubled person who has a serious lack of self esteem. Your misplaced values are evident by your inability to even be civil when you feel threatened by what you consider a "lesser" vehicle. I wish you luck, Improviz, for although you claim financial stability, I would venture a guess that is the only arena you could make that claim in.

Last edited by Spyral; 08-20-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Pontiac GTO
so it's come to this? You can no longer argue points about the vehicles at hand, so you sink to looking up his live journal and attacking his hobby?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
First, I never asked you to be impressed with my car. I do not seek validation from others, as you seem to do so often in this thread.
Which is, of course, why you are here.

Second, I never said my car could not be replicated, with enough cash.
Fair enough, but you do hopefully realize that your posting here begs that question....

Third, the level of modiufication my car has is not entirely relevant to this topic, I admit that. However, I offered to run ANY AMG, modded ones are included in the ANY qualifier.
OK, so we're in agreement; it is irrelavent.

Thank you.

I understand you are defensive about your brand of choice, as are we, the GTO owners. However, your constant attempts to deride our enthusiasm is disheartening. You rumble along like some internet hate machine, your logic is based solely on your perception of wealth,
Nope. I viewed your showing up here and offering an race as trolling, irrelavent, and not germaine to the topic of the thread, and so I simply posed the question it begged, namely, why should we care about what a heavily modded car can do against a stocker?

or how you want us to perceive your wealth.
Actually, I only addressed that when you and others began implying that since I haven't gotten *myself* a new Mercedes (unbeknownst to you, I had gotten the wifey one, but hey, unlike some folks, I don't put all of my cars in my sig, only the one I'm here to post about) since '01, I am a "poser" and a "wannabe" who can't afford a new one.

Which was, frankly, based upon a total misunderstanding of my original point, and ticked me off in the process. So sure, in repsonse to that, I simply stated that, from a financial standpoint, I'm doin' allright. And I worked hard for it, worked/borrowed my way through school, so please spare me the silver spoon crud....

How many board members here have met you or seen your car in action?
Many. I have vids of my car in action at youtube, from last summer.

Do you actually own one?
Yes.

Hundreds of members of the GTO community have met me and seen my car in action. I have a hard time believing that you could be this bad in person. I am sure your car is amazing, it should be for the price, however, you should realize not everyone is a MBZ fan. While I will never outright say your car is a POS (as you have about a hundred times in this thread) I will simply say it is not my choice. I will take the high road here, because Bread seems like a very decent person and most other members I have seen here seem the same.
Fine, fine...well, see the gto forum thread and see some of the comments there directed at us before you start throwing too many stones in the glass house, eh?

And here goes the armchair Psychology routine again:

You, however, are a troubled person who has a serious lack of self esteem. Your misplaced values are evident by your inability to even be civil when you feel threatened by what you consider a "lesser" vehicle. I wish you luck, Improviz, for although you claim financial stability, I would venture a guess that is the only arena you could make that claim in.
No, I just consider the cheap shots taken at Benz owners, both here and in the GTO forum flamebait thread that led you and the others here, to be deserving of a bit of rhetorical payback. Can't have all of the smack talking on one side of the fence..

And again, my original point wasn't "hey, wow, look at my money", but rather a simple observation that any of us could, were we so inclined, get and mod a Goat to those high horsepower levels, and therefore aren't really going to have our socks knocked off as we would if you showed up in, say, an Enzo...although that, too, would be irrelavent to this thread. As would one of us in a heavily modded AMG showing up at the Ferrari forum bragging about how we could take an Enzo at the drags....which would, I'm certain, generate the same sort of responses there.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM

2004 GTO TT
Dime a dozen

Mercedes are a dime a dozen. They all look about the same. I have the money to buy any car that I want yet do not want the label associated with and overpriced German car. Sure they have great engineering and handle well. I bought my GTO because I wanted decent performance with better than average interior while not looking like a stuck up rich Liberal.

Anyways yall have fun with your cars as we GTO owners (close knit group) will continue to enjoy ours.

I know I am no where near stock but I would love to run anyone anytime. And guess what I don't care if I lost!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by TAGURIT
I have the money to buy any car that I want....I bought my GTO because I wanted decent performance with better than average interior while not looking like a stuck up rich Liberal.
Hmm, if you've got the money to buy any car you want, wouldn't that make you rich??
Old 08-20-2008, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Chappy
Hello, I'm an adult who collects toys."[/I]

Linky:

Whoa, waitaminute....is this for real, or is he cribbing from "The 40 Year Old Virgin"??

Last edited by Improviz; 08-20-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:10 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
Well, Improviz, you and I will just have to agree that we are both enthusiasts and as such will do our own thing. Fair enough. I would like to point out, however, that I have not downed the AMG or MBZ cars here or elsewhere. I had a very enjoyable summer in a 79 450 SL (women love the vert at the beach when you live on the East End of Long Island) and actually like some MB vehicles. See, I can admit that. I like CARS, not just one brand.

Have yourself a great day.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by TAGURIT
I bought my GTO because I wanted decent performance with better than average interior while not looking like a stuck up rich Liberal.
Herein lies your problem, since you allow stereotypical presumption to deter your enjoyment of a car. This nonsense spawned when GTO owners with an agenda entered this thread challenging stock AMG's to run their heavily modified goats...and it was all downhill from there. As my earlier posts indicate, I am not a GTO basher, but you guys were the instigators here. This bullsht became redundant a few pages ago.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Well, Improviz, you and I will just have to agree that we are both enthusiasts and as such will do our own thing. Fair enough. I would like to point out, however, that I have not downed the AMG or MBZ cars here or elsewhere.
Maybe, but you did take a cheap shot via the wife analogy....which didn't really bother me, given that it's about as far off the mark as one could get, but it was a cheap shot nevertheless.

I had a very enjoyable summer in a 79 450 SL (women love the vert at the beach when you live on the East End of Long Island) and actually like some MB vehicles. See, I can admit that. I like CARS, not just one brand.
OK, fair enough, and same here...I actually was honestly looking forward to the Goat (lifelong fan of the original, along with many other muscle cars from that era!), but (sorry, but hey, it's subjective!) was disappointed by the looks of it. There are other American cars I like (CTS, Chrysler 300, Charger), btw, so I am NOT coming at this from a bias against 'em.

And yeah, OK, I shouldn't have hopped down in the mud, but those comments on the GTO forum were pretty rude, and I knew some of 'em were reading.

Anyway, enjoy the car.

Have yourself a great day.
Likewise.

Last edited by Improviz; 08-20-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:53 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
Originally Posted by Chappy
Cause we're spending our money on GI Joes!!

"It's funny to think back on now, but I spent most of my twenties being somewhat sensitive, not quite ashamed but not really shameless, to the fact that I was an adult who spent large amounts of money on things that were meant for children. But as time went on, I came to realize that it doesn't really matter what other people think about what I do with my money. I think the change came for me about four years ago, when I was twenty seven. I was asking a coworker what he was doing that weekend. He told me he was going to spend his weekend driving around to various cigar shops because he collected those little paper bands that cigars come with. Something that was really meaningless to me, but the guy was passionate about it. Really no different than me at all. Other people I met or knew collected toy cars, or shot glasses, or band teeshirts, or old Ataris, or celebrity signatures, or whatever. Toys really aren't any different. We all have our shelf where we proudly display the spoils of our hunts, our won auctions, our prized rare whatsit.

Hello, I'm an adult who collects toys."

Linky:

Bro, you are disturbed!

GTO = Ghey Toy Obsession!
About as disturbed as people who have cheap used Mercedes Benz's and think that puts them in some stratmospheric elite. Wow, you found my personal page. Well done.

By the way, I see you ALSO have a cheap used Benz. Awesome choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: slk32 vs 6.0 GTO