Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

slk32 vs 6.0 GTO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 or CL600, if I could make up my mind
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
If I still had my SLK55 I'd take you up. I'd race pink slips and would even be nice enough to drive you home afterwards.
Did you run it for pink slips ?

I'd have loved to run you, one S/C V8 against another. I'm too tall for a SLK, but I could have sold it I guess.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:06 PM

Pontiac GTO

Lots of entertainment in here. It's brought me a fleet of roflcopters.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
And still no takers..lol..I see when faced with imminent destruction, your survival instincts kick in and self preservation mode overrides your mouth! No worries, I am sure AMG has a package that will increase your testicular fortitude. Come on, I don't belong to the Brotherhood of the Elite. My Ducati only came with a nice watch...lol.. so much for elitism!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Almost a Member!

V
man this has gone too far

Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Spyral
And still no takers..lol..I see when faced with imminent destruction, your survival instincts kick in and self preservation mode overrides your mouth! No worries, I am sure AMG has a package that will increase your testicular fortitude. Come on, I don't belong to the Brotherhood of the Elite. My Ducati only came with a nice watch...lol.. so much for elitism!
Tom,

If you still lived in JAX, I'd offer to meet you at SGMP for a fun romp.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:26 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
Originally Posted by Chappy
Tom,

If you still lived in JAX, I'd offer to meet you at SGMP for a fun romp.
And I would gladly take you up on it and grab a beer afterwards!

Next question, do I know you from my time in The South?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM

2005 GTO
Originally Posted by renesis83
man this has gone too far

Where you at in DC man..we need to get together..Jeremy
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Almost a Member!

600hp GTO Supercharged
Wink

Originally Posted by RedBull
But at the end of the day, you're still driving home in a pontiac.

Actually it's a Holden...with pontiac emblems....

see..

I will also throw my hat in the ring.....

anyone want to take it to the drag strip in Cali???
Benz vs GTO track day?

Just askin'
Old 08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
What it proves is that I am an enthusiast who enjoys modifying his car. I would also say it makes it faster than most modified AMG's. Prove me wrong, on the street, not on a message board. I am waiting for someone to take me up on this offer. Until then, all your posturing and mudslinging is simply a way to circumnavigate the question at hand; can your car beat my car?

Thank you for being proud of me, that was my goal in life.
No, my "posturing and mudslinging" as you put it is a way of pointing out that however much horsepower your heavily modified car makes is irrelavent to this discussion.

Modded vs. stock discussions are lame, prove nothing other than throwing a lot of money into modding a car can and will (gasp) make it faster.

As I said: whoop-de-doo.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Have you weighed it? A quick google search shows both 3450 and the 3,6xx range or was that newer models with more equipment (side airbags, etc)?
Yes. 3650 with me in it, and I weigh just shy of 200.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Wm Holden
Actually it's a Holden...with pontiac emblems....
...which looks like a Cavalier, cost less than half than most of our cars, and bombed in the marketplace.

Point being, any of us AMG owners could have easily bought your fugly GTO.

We didn't.

For good reason.

They're ugly. Even heavily modded w/600 hp, they're ugly.

Which is why they bombed in the marketplace.

Because people didn't like them.

Because they're ugly.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:23 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
Originally Posted by Improviz
...which looks like a Cavalier, cost less than half than most of our cars, and bombed in the marketplace.

We didn't.

For good reason.

Because they're ugly.
There were multiple reasons why the GTO did poorly, being "ugly" had little to do with it. As is, I find it amusing that someone with a dated looking Mercedes which looks exactly like a base model CLK with some extra badging and those hilariously ugly manhole cover rims would call our cars ugly. Your '01 CLK looks like a houseboat in miniature. I can see someone standing on the trunk with a long pole in order to get it down the canal.

All kidding aside, I am also amused that you really went to town on Deuuuce for alleged inaccuracies in his argument, only to then boast that GTOs sold poorly because they were "ugly".

Because clearly, your personal, biased opinion equals a factual statement.

Obviously.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Almost a Member!

We didn't.
For good reason.
Because they're ugly.
This is the kill section, not the car show poser section, right ? Grats on pointing out that you have enough money to buy a 20k car. Guess that makes you feel really good about yourself.

Geez, I have seen less stuck up douchebaggery in Ferrari forums.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
You know, Improviz, you are the one owner I have seen in here that truly lives up to the douchebag stereotype that AMG owners are pinned with. I offered to race ANY AMG, modded or not. I'll run with the bottle out of the car if it makes you feel better. "Your car is ugly." Ugly is subjective, not definitive. Case in point; to you, I am sure your wife is attractive. To some others, she is a bloated pig beast. See how looks are subjective? You harp on the "Your car bombed in the marketplace" statement. Define bombed. They sold all of them, they were a limited edition car and have a devout following of enthusiasts. How is that bombing? They did this, I might add, without the support of any form of advertising, save for a few ads when the car first came out. You seem to be hurt over something. Are you that lacking in the testicular department that you feel threatened by our cars? You spent a lot of money on a car, good for you! I didn't. I got the car I wanted, not the car I felt would validate me to other people on a message board. I feel bad for you, you are a shallow and vapid person.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:32 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
I also found it amusing for someone driving a $15,000 used Benz (I see a few '01 CLK55's here on Autotrader. Clearly one of the ELITE) to keep hammering against people for driving what you see as a "cheap Pontiac".

Why not man up and buy one of the actually expensive Benz's?

Because right now, you look just like every other forum board big mouth on the net. I especially love seeing guys like you over on the BMW boards. Guy talks MAD smack about how awesome M3's are, how they're the best...and he's got a 1997 E36 M3, the car that even a bone stock LS1 f-body would walk on.

It's always the guys with the cheap used models that swing the biggest bragsticks.

Nice to be consistent at least.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:33 PM

2004 Pontiac GTO
Even heavily modded w/600 hp, they're ugly.
ahem, 600+, thank you.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
You know, Improviz, you are the one owner I have seen in here that truly lives up to the douchebag stereotype that AMG owners are pinned with. I offered to race ANY AMG, modded or not. I'll run with the bottle out of the car if it makes you feel better. "Your car is ugly." Ugly is subjective, not definitive. Case in point; to you, I am sure your wife is attractive. To some others, she is a bloated pig beast. See how looks are subjective? You harp on the "Your car bombed in the marketplace" statement. Define bombed. They sold all of them, they were a limited edition car and have a devout following of enthusiasts. How is that bombing? They did this, I might add, without the support of any form of advertising, save for a few ads when the car first came out. You seem to be hurt over something. Are you that lacking in the testicular department that you feel threatened by our cars? You spent a lot of money on a car, good for you! I didn't. I got the car I wanted, not the car I felt would validate me to other people on a message board. I feel bad for you, you are a shallow and vapid person.

I think the main thing hurting Improv was the price on a new AMG car.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by StormSigma
There were multiple reasons why the GTO did poorly, being "ugly" had little to do with it.
I'm sure that you personally interviewed each and every one of the people who didn't buy one and know their reasons for not doing so, but the fact is that it was pretty soundly panned in the automotive press for being unremittingly plain looking:

From wikipedia:
GM had high expectations to sell 18,000 units, but the Monaro-based GTO received a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In a perplexing contrast to its more modern, sportier design, the styling was frequently derided by critics as being too "conservative" and "anonymous" to befit either the GTO heritage or the current car's performance. In addition, the GTO faithful felt further insulted by GM's failure to present a U.S.-built car that incorporated any design lineage from the muscular icons of the 1960s and 1970s. Given the newly revived muscle car climate, it was also overshadowed by the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and the new Ford Mustang, which all featured more traditional "muscle" aesthetics. Sales were also limited because of dealer tactics, such as initially charging large markups and denying requests for test drives of the vehicle. By the end of the year, the 2004 vehicles were selling with significant discounts. Sales were 13,569 of 15,728 cars for 2004.

To help squelch comments about the car's appearance,
the hood scoops that originally were slated for production in 2004, were pushed into production as part of an over-the-counter Sport Appearance Package. The 2004 Sport Appearance Package also included a taller and more angular rear spoiler as well as deeper inset grilles.
As is, I find it amusing that someone with a dated looking Mercedes which looks exactly like a base model CLK with some extra badging and those hilariously ugly manhole cover rims would call our cars ugly. Your '01 CLK looks like a houseboat in miniature. I can see someone standing on the trunk with a long pole in order to get it down the canal.
Well, I'm not surprised that someone who thinks a GTO is an attractrive car would dislike a CLK, anymore than I'm surprised at someone who thinks velvet Elvis paintings are the perfect decor for a bodoir would turn their nose up at a Monet.

All kidding aside, I am also amused that you really went to town on Deuuuce for alleged inaccuracies in his argument, only to then boast that GTOs sold poorly because they were "ugly".
See above.

Because clearly, your personal, biased opinion equals a factual statement.

Obviously.
See above.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:43 PM

06 GTO
Or perhaps anyone with the wherewithall NOT to buy an ugly rental car looking POS gto is also intelligent enough to know that racing a stock car against a car with a rebuild and nitrous proves nothing.
Well I wasn't pointing at you, you drive a seven year old c class. At least I see most guys on this board pony up the cash for a new one, better to be a cash cow with a small dick than a poser with a small dick.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
I'm sure that you personally interviewed each and every one of the people who didn't buy one and know their reasons for not doing so, but the fact is that it was pretty soundly panned in the automotive press for being unremittingly plain looking:

SS: I didn't, but I'm sure you did, however. And clearly, auto magazines aren't biased in the slightest. Wiki? Even more objective and credible. Well played, I am undone.

From wikipedia:

Well, I'm not surprised that someone who thinks a GTO is an attractrive car would dislike a CLK, anymore than I'm surprised at someone who thinks velvet Elvis paintings are the perfect decor for a bodoir would turn their nose up at a Monet.

It does surprise me, however, that someone with an old, boring looking fifteen thousand dollar car would attempt to look down on other people for having cars that are a better dollar value. Oh wait! CLASS ARGUMENT! Right? Or whatever that is. Also, I love the attempted comparison between people who like GTOs and people who have no taste in art. Seeing as how you are driving a cheap used car, it's not a stretch to imagine all the art in your house consisting of framed prints you can buy on websites that sell posters. That way, you can attempt to look like one of the cool kids without having had to pay out. Well done!

See above.

See above.
Hmmm...I "saw above" and didn't really see anything other than your poor logic. I'm not Deuuuce. Your logical fallacy buzzwords aren't going to work on me, sorry.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Ahh, you derive your automotive knowledge from Wikipedia. That clears up a few things. And did you compare a 7 year old $15k car (YOURS in case you didn't get it) to a Monet ? I think you have some exhaust fumes leaking into the cabin.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You know, Improviz, you are the one owner I have seen in here that truly lives up to the douchebag stereotype that AMG owners are pinned with.
Oh, how hurt I am....gee, a mullet don't like me, clevis!!

I offered to race ANY AMG, modded or not. I'll run with the bottle out of the car if it makes you feel better.
Oh, gee, I suppose if we forget all of the other mods, it might be relevant, but it isn't. This thread is about a stock vs stock, and you, overflowing with testosterone and underflowing with smarts, decide to chime in about how your heavily modded car could beat a stock AMG.

Which is irrelavent, and silly. About what I would expect.

Your car is ugly." Ugly is subjective, not definitive. Case in point; to you, I am sure your wife is attractive. To some others, she is a bloated pig beast.
Having seen your picture, I can assure you that I would feel not one bit of envy looking at anything which would marry the likes of you.

See how looks are subjective? You harp on the "Your car bombed in the marketplace" statement. Define bombed.
Cancelled due to poor sales, sold at deep discounts, widely criticized for poor undistinguished appearance....how's that?

They sold all of them, they were a limited edition car and have a devout following of enthusiasts.
So do Edsels.

How is that bombing? They did this, I might add, without the support of any form of advertising, save for a few ads when the car first came out. You seem to be hurt over something.
I would simply observe that your Psychoanalysis skills are only exceeded by your poor taste in cars and lack of knowledge about the automotive marketplace.

Are you that lacking in the testicular department that you feel threatened by our cars?
In the same way that the watches I wear are "threatened" by Casios, I suppose...

You spent a lot of money on a car, good for you! I didn't. I got the car I wanted, not the car I felt would validate me to other people on a message board. I feel bad for you, you are a shallow and vapid person.
No, I'm just someone who *really* got the car I wanted, didn't have to compromise, and likes it.

I just don't like trolls.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM

Pontiac GTO
yes yes... I agree. Now I shall sip on my coffee as I hop on Starbuck's wireless network and trade stocks.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
I think I'll go pick that cheap '01 CLK55 AMG on Autotrader up after work.

Fourteen grand? I could pay for that in cash. Then I'll be able to join this board and talk down to people who defend cars that aren't AMGs also. It'll be fun being one of the "Class of the Super Saiyen Platinum Gold Members Only Club Elite" guys.

I can't wait to show all my friends my super awesome AMG!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

I just don't like trolls.
Says the compulsive quote splitter with the ricer arguments.
Grats, you win the internet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: slk32 vs 6.0 GTO