Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

1997 C36 AMG vs 330i BMW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
1997 C36 AMG vs 330i BMW

This is a older story. A few years back 2006, I was driving to a business trip and was late, and trying to thread my way thru traffic. I am the type of driver who no matter how fast I am going, I will always move over for faster traffic. As such, I saw this newer BMW 330i w/OH tags (not sure what year) closing from behind, so I moved over to let the guy pass. We worked our way thru the rolling roadblock passing cars as the opportunity allowed. As things opened up, I realized that I needed to pick up the pace so, I closed on the Beemer hoping that he would move over. No dice, he cut me off three times in traffic to stay in front. His rude driving was typical for OH tagged cars in our area as apparently they forgot to teach them to move over for traffic up there, lol. It gets old after a while.

Anyways, I follow Mr. 330i for about 6 miles all the while trying to find a way around. This was a 4-lane restricted access highway and finally, it opens up with the two of us in front of traffic and a 2 mile straight ahead with nobody in sight. The driver of the 330i was still in the fast lane and I started to pass on the right (I hate that) but then he moved over. By now we were going about 80. I sped up a little and as I drew almost even to him, I heard him kick it. Not wanting to dissappoint him, I dropped the hammer on the old AMG

In the span of a few second, I passed him, and hit about 120 before I saw the cop sitting in the median. Oops. I pulled over to the right lane and just gave my signal at the first exit. The officer pulled us both over and asked if we were racing. I calmly explained to the officer that it was not a race as the OH driver had been blocking me for miles and besides, look at what he is driving that 330i would be no contest for the AMG. I told him that when I went to pass, he had kicked it and all I did was complete the pass in a clean, quick and safe a manner as possible, when I then saw him in the median. Being appreciative of good creative excuse stories, and after interviewing the other driver, he awarded both of us speeding tickets 99 in a 70 zone and told me to stop picking on slower cars in the future. At the court date the judge lowered the fine to $45 without points. Unfortunately the Beemer driver was not there. I was hoping to rub it in a little, lol. The officer and I agreed that it was not a race.

Irish
Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Jon chimes in with C36 specs and 330i specs in....

Old 12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
This is a older story. A few years back 2006, I was driving to a business trip and was late, and trying to thread my way thru traffic. I am the type of driver who no matter how fast I am going, I will always move over for faster traffic. As such, I saw this newer BMW 330i w/OH tags (not sure what year) closing from behind, so I moved over to let the guy pass. We worked our way thru the rolling roadblock passing cars as the opportunity allowed. As things opened up, I realized that I needed to pick up the pace so, I closed on the Beemer hoping that he would move over. No dice, he cut me off three times in traffic to stay in front. His rude driving was typical for OH tagged cars in our area as apparently they forgot to teach them to move over for traffic up there, lol. It gets old after a while.

Anyways, I follow Mr. 330i for about 6 miles all the while trying to find a way around. This was a 4-lane restricted access highway and finally, it opens up with the two of us in front of traffic and a 2 mile straight ahead with nobody in sight. The driver of the 330i was still in the fast lane and I started to pass on the right (I hate that) but then he moved over. By now we were going about 80. I sped up a little and as I drew almost even to him, I heard him kick it. Not wanting to dissappoint him, I dropped the hammer on the old AMG

In the span of a few second, I passed him, and hit about 120 before I saw the cop sitting in the median. Oops. I pulled over to the right lane and just gave my signal at the first exit. The officer pulled us both over and asked if we were racing. I calmly explained to the officer that it was not a race as the OH driver had been blocking me for miles and besides, look at what he is driving that 330i would be no contest for the AMG. I told him that when I went to pass, he had kicked it and all I did was complete the pass in a clean, quick and safe a manner as possible, when I then saw him in the median. Being appreciative of good creative excuse stories, and after interviewing the other driver, he awarded both of us speeding tickets 99 in a 70 zone and told me to stop picking on slower cars in the future. At the court date the judge lowered the fine to $45 without points. Unfortunately the Beemer driver was not there. I was hoping to rub it in a little, lol. The officer and I agreed that it was not a race.

Irish
great story! glad the cop agreed! and definitely nice no points were awarded!

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt

Old 12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30

Wrong! I killed a 330i with my C36 not too long ago. Nice try
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Irish
to the C36!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
+1 about OH drivers not moving over. Anytime I see them on the interstate around the here, I guarantee you that they will be doing 60 mph in the fast lane with no regard for whoever is behind them.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

LOL!

Notice that he'll race a 330i and not my M3!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
LOL!

LollerSkates
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 PM

SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
M3

LOL!

Heh Heh, too late mate, the C36 is history. But I got a bone stock C32 with your name on it, lol. Honest it is bone stock cept for some minor cosmetic stuff

I did race the C36 vs a nicely set up M3 two years ago but it was an auto-x. I won by 2 tenths which is an eternity in that game. However, there are M3's and there are M3's. The new V8 is a sweet piece of kit. Have not raced one but would be fun to try. Be at Bluegrass Motorsports Park May 29th. That is the new road course here. Will giver her a go then, OK? Bring $$$
Old 12-24-2008, 09:47 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Heh Heh, too late mate, the C36 is history. But I got a bone stock C32 with your name on it, lol. Honest it is bone stock cept for some minor cosmetic stuff

I did race the C36 vs a nicely set up M3 two years ago but it was an auto-x. I won by 2 tenths which is an eternity in that game. However, there are M3's and there are M3's. The new V8 is a sweet piece of kit. Have not raced one but would be fun to try. Be at Bluegrass Motorsports Park May 29th. That is the new road course here. Will giver her a go then, OK? Bring $$$

That's a hell of a drive...
Old 12-25-2008, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vs the C32 I'd bring my C55 and run you for $$$$$
Old 12-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Moving tgt

Cool,

Does it sound like a moving target to me or am I just reading the last post wrong?

Driver 1: Hey your AMG beat that BMW 330i, so you wanna run my M3?
Driver 2: Gee, I'd be happy to run your M3 bring it on. Oh bring $$$
Driver 1: Oh, OK in that case I'll bring my C55 AMG (since is is faster than the M3) just in case your serious.

Sorta makes the point without anything else being said.

Just for the record, smoking beemers is more fun that other AMG's. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool,

Does it sound like a moving target to me or am I just reading the last post wrong?

Driver 1: Hey your AMG beat that BMW 330i, so you wanna run my M3?
Driver 2: Gee, I'd be happy to run your M3 bring it on. Oh bring $$$
Driver 1: Oh, OK in that case I'll bring my C55 AMG (since is is faster than the M3) just in case your serious.

Sorta makes the point without anything else being said.

Just for the record, smoking beemers is more fun that other AMG's. Merry Christmas.
Whatever!

RIF= Reading is Fundamental so you r reading it as you choose.

First comment was pointed towards Jonbigmouth C36.

You decided ,that you'd like to run my E36 M3 while my retort was that I'd run YOU, with my C55.

Get it right without twisting the story and trying to put words in my mouth! PLEASE!

So I have a C55 with your name on it. Heh heh! Don't be scared!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-26-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Killz

http://www.drivebluegrass.com/road_c...track_map.html

Track 4: 2.5 miles bring a helmet. You wanna head start? May 29th (say about 5 laps?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Track 4: 2.5 miles bring a helmet. You wanna head start? May 29th (say about 5 laps?
Big boy C55 does only straight line
Old 12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
How did Car&Driver rank the C55 on the skidpad?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jeez Boy you sound like a retard. what grade are you in? How old r you?
Anyway!
We've got plenty more tracks up here. Lets go to one that we are both not familiar with and then you could talk Newbie!

Guaranteed I'll run that *** down hard in the straightways and turns.

If you wanna race a car I own especially made for these kinda runs as well to munch and spit you out,let me know because I OWN one. Perfect for the track.And I'll give you a 5 lap head start! Need I go on

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But it will wax your girly red car and your slug slow silver one lil man! You aint got nuttin that can beat me,now scram SAM. You need to step up!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tommy_s4
How did Car&Driver rank the C55 on the skidpad?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But it will wax your girly red car and your slug slow silver one lil man! You aint got nuttin that can beat me,now scram SAM. You need to step up!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:37 PM

WTF

Jeez Boy you sound like a retard. what grade are you in? How old r you?
Anyway!
We've got plenty more tracks up here. Lets go to one that we are both not familiar with and then you could talk Newbie!

Guaranteed I'll run that *** down hard in the straightways and turns.

If you wanna race a car I own especially made for these kinda runs as well to munch and spit you out,let me know because I OWN one. Perfect for the track.And I'll give you a 5 lap head start! Need I go on
Retard? what is up with the rude, juvenile comments? I have been nothing but respectful on this forum to you and others. Let's play nice here and save the red mist for the track.

What grade am I in? how old am I? ROTFLOL. I am afraid to say that I graduated a long time ago, two college degrees including a post graduate. Engineering (not too many retards in that field, lol). I am old enough to have been racing (on the tracks mind you) since 1976. You do the math. I guess I could qualify for old fart status

I'm not sure where "up here" is?, but the Bluegrass track is new and not open until next spring so nobody is familiar with it including me. Spring will be my first run on it. I did walk the route prior to it being paved this fall so if that is an unfair advantage, so be it.

Quote: "You wanna race..." I never started this thread looking for a race. I'm not opposed to a friendly competition on a track, but that was not my premise for the original post, lol (I will admit that I have a weakness for Beemers espeicially M3's so I guess I took the bait on that one). You clearly own more cool fast and faster cars than I do. M3, C55, and the mystery car that munchs us up and spits us out. Let's see, if I bring my turbo race car I guess your gonna show up with a f-ing indy-car, huh? Well do what you like. I'm done with this thread, as it has turned into a rude, pi$$ing contest to see whose is the biggest, fastest, squirts the furthest, etc. Do you actually race santioned events or just mouth on about it? If so, maybe we will meet on the track sometime, otherwise, I think I'll pass. Have a nice life mate.

With Regards,
Irish

P.S. Communication is such a freaking challenge in these internet forums as it is so easy to sound rude when we mean to be sarcastic or funny, etc. I do it and have had friends do it. One great friend, super guy sounds about as rude as they get when on the forums. Would never recognise him in person. My comment about the head start was not meant to be a 5 lap head start, lol. It was meant to be a marginal one, in a 5 lap race. Re-reading it I can see how it could be taken out of context. It happens. Just for the record, my comments above are not meant to be cute or funny. More in the category of rude and sarcastic, abrasive, (I seem to be better at that), perhaps informative, etc (anwering the previous rude and abrasive quesitons ). Enjoy.

Wisemans's Quote of the day: "Never pick a fight with an old man. He might be too weak or tired or scared to fight you, so he'll just kill you instead."

Last edited by JG26_Irish; 12-29-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Retard? what is up with the rude, juvenile comments? I have been nothing but respectful on this forum to you and others. Let's play nice here and save the red mist for the track.

What grade am I in? how old am I? ROTFLOL. I am afraid to say that I graduated a long time ago, two college degrees including a post graduate. Engineering (not too many retards in that field, lol). I am old enough to have been racing (on the tracks mind you) since 1976. You do the math. I guess I could qualify for old fart status

I'm not sure where "up here" is?, but the Bluegrass track is new and not open until next spring so nobody is familiar with it including me. Spring will be my first run on it. I did walk the route prior to it being paved this fall so if that is an unfair advantage, so be it.

Quote: "You wanna race..." I never started this thread looking for a race. I'm not opposed to a friendly competition on a track, but that was not my premise for the original post, lol (I will admit that I have a weakness for Beemers espeicially M3's so I guess I took the bait on that one). You clearly own more cool fast and faster cars than I do. M3, C55, and the mystery car that munchs us up and spits us out. Let's see, if I bring my turbo race car I guess your gonna show up with a f-ing indy-car, huh? Well do what you like. I'm done with this thread, as it has turned into a rude, pi$$ing contest to see whose is the biggest, fastest, squirts the furthest, etc. Do you actually race santioned events or just mouth on about it? If so, maybe we will meet on the track sometime, otherwise, I think I'll pass. Have a nice life mate.

With Regards,
Irish

P.S. Communication is such a freaking challenge in these internet forums as it is so easy to sound rude when we mean to be sarcastic or funny, etc. I do it and have had friends do it. One great friend, super guy sounds about as rude as they get when on the forums. Would never recognise him in person. My comment about the head start was not meant to be a 5 lap head start, lol. It was meant to be a marginal one, in a 5 lap race. Re-reading it I can see how it could be taken out of context. It happens. Just for the record, my comments above are not meant to be cute or funny. More in the category of rude and sarcastic, abrasive, (I seem to be better at that), perhaps informative, etc (anwering the previous rude and abrasive quesitons ). Enjoy.

Wisemans's Quote of the day: "Never pick a fight with an old man. He might be too weak or tired or scared to fight you, so he'll just kill you instead."
Big man project c55 has ego issues. So I dont even bother with him
Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

With Regards,
Irish

Good day from one old fart to another! Did'nt mean to be disrespectful. You just came off to me as being quite pompous in your response that was directed to me. Sorry about the miscommunication.

Cheers!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-30-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ego issues!LOL! You're funny lil man!
Big man project c55 has ego issues. So I dont even bother with him
Are you mad because most of us look like and are men and your a man in a little boys body? You weigh about as much as my wife. She'll murder you driving my car.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-30-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:04 AM

1997 C36AMG
c'mon C55 i'll take u with my C36 lol i have 20,000 NOS tanks

LOL JK