Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
+1

Lou, we can do this you know.
We definitely should. I would love to see these two beasts going at it. Especially now with the upgrades.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I think we all know the E60 M5 takes a huge, steaming dump on an E92 M3 on the highway, especially the 6-speeders.

E92s a nice car but to sum it up:
BRING IT! I have to say, this little M3 really is a sleeper. It surprises me everyday I drive it. 4.7 is not a far reach for this little gem, especially now.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by ldangeli
We definitely should. I would love to see these two beasts going at it. Especially now with the upgrades.
I-95 south from the Lincoln Tunnel exit to 15W is a straightaway. At 3AM there's nobody there.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I think we all know the E60 M5 takes a huge, steaming dump on an E92 M3 on the highway, especially the 6-speeders.

E92s a nice car but to sum it up:
I-95 south from the Lincoln Tunnel exit to 15W is a straightaway. At 3AM there's nobody there.
3AM??!!?!?! DUDE, I am so old. I am counting sheep by then.. We don't need anything crazy. Short bursts. No light to light crap. Thats for ricers..
Old 01-26-2009, 04:31 PM

2006 Aston Martin Vantage
Originally Posted by Hazy1
We had a member of the E55 forum get into an accident 1-2 years ago while racing on the street. He was running a guy in a mustang and T-boned an innocent driver who pulled out from a side street and killed the man if I remember correctly. I was in an almost identical accident with a friend of mine about 20 years ago and the only reason he wasn't arrested was because no one would admit to racing and no one pressed charges.
Here is the off-topic thread for those who want to read it:

https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...s-driving.html
Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
BRING IT! I have to say, this little M3 really is a sleeper. It surprises me everyday I drive it. 4.7 is not a far reach for this little gem, especially now.
4.7? is that seconds to 60?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by jturkel
4.7? is that seconds to 60?
Yes..
Old 01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Yes..
i feel that 0-60 times are not the best representation of how fast a car is......it involves both traction and speed. some cars like STIs and EVOs have excellent 0-60 times b/c of their gearing and AWD setup......i think trap speeds are more indicative of how truly fast a car is....all IMO of course
Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
i feel that 0-60 times are not the best representation of how fast a car is......it involves both traction and speed. some cars like STIs and EVOs have excellent 0-60 times b/c of their gearing and AWD setup......i think trap speeds are more indicative of how truly fast a car is....all IMO of course
I think you are absolutely correct. That is why I said, no 0-60 from light to light. I said short bursts.. CH and I know each other well. He knows where I am coming from..
Old 01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I think you are absolutely correct. That is why I said, no 0-60 from light to light. I said short bursts.. CH and I know each other well. He knows where I am coming from..
ok....i must have misinterpreted or misread something....glad we are on the same page
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
ok....i must have misinterpreted or misread something....glad we are on the same page
Oh no we are. I am really impressed with the e92. Doesn't have the torque my ML63 does or the c63, but it is light, quick, and now that I've added a few upgrades, quick as snot!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I dont think there is anyone here who hasn't ever had a illegal street race and NO I'm not saying its ok to street race in traffic or NO traffic. No1 was hurt it was a fun race, I havn't done something like this since I was 19 which was about 4 years ago. Neway on the title I clearly wrote (traffic race) SO WHY DID YOU PEOPLE CLICK ! Mind your business if you don't like the idea.
I dont care what you do lol. Im not judging haha.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
You guys are 100% right. I should have not done it. I just figured since no one got hurt it was ok to post. I guess I need to grow up out of it. I don't want to be looked at as ***hole cauz im really not, I got a little too excited and something happened that should not have happened. I apoligize to everyone that I offended.
Why you taking back you words now? Whats done is done. Dont go back and change your words for others.
You need to stand behind everything you write.
Summary:
You are a woman for retracting all your prior statements. Sell the g37 and get a kia rio if you really mean what you said .
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by Gondon
Why you taking back you words now? Whats done is done. Dont go back and change your words for others.
Summary:
You are a woman for retracting all your prior statements. Sell the g37 and get a kia rio if you really mean what you said .
BoT Gondon aa...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
My money is on the M5, especially from a roll, your M3 will get murdered. Light to light isn't ricer, it is a good indicator of how well the driver can hook up and how fast his car is from a launch. In your case digg gives you better chance to win.

You guys should get this on video.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Gondon
Summary:
Who's taking back there words, some ppl got offended and I didn't realize that they would. Only person I don't take back anything to is the guy wishing for me to crash. What happened happened and thats that. The onez who weren't offended enjoy and the onez who didn't I apoligize to. I don't post my experience to upset anyone but only to entertain and obviously not to many ppl were entertained.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by kindafast
My money is on the M5, especially from a roll, your M3 will get murdered. Light to light isn't ricer, it is a good indicator of how well the driver can hook up and how fast his car is from a launch. In your case digg gives you better chance to win.

You guys should get this on video.
Murdered? Even the factories numbers are relatively close. 2 tenths of a second = 2 car lengths. Murdered? What is "murdered" to you? CH and I will figure it out. Maybe once this weather breaks and its not 2 degrees outside. Light to light is impracticle since neither car is a dragster.. CH and I were just having this conversation about how it seems most of the AMG drivers here, mostly C63 KIDZ seem to think racing is "light to light" only. Owning both an AMG and M they are two totally different cars with different purposes, light to light means jack.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Murdered? What is "murdered" to you? Owning both an AMG and M they are two totally different cars with different purposes, light to light means jack.
Murdered is what happens when an M3 challenges an M5

I assume you call diggs "light to light". Digg is like any other roll, it lines up your car's strengths against the competitor. Except with a digg there is one more factor involved that is not included at higher rolls - knowing how to launch your car. It's your loss, I was just trying to help you. The higher you go from a roll against an E60 M with your E92/3M the less of a chance of winning you have (the worse you will lose). E60 M5's are monsters up top.

Even the factories numbers are relatively close. 2 tenths of a second = 2 car lengths.
You are talking about 1/4 times yes? Well 1/4 is just like light to light, except legal and with a set distance, so why use those numbers anyway if you are against that kind of racing?

Those numbers prove my point that from a stop an E92/3 M3 has a better chance (like you mention 2/10 of a second) difference between the M5.

Just speculating on your race, don't take it personally. You have a very nice car, but it's no match for the E60M.

Stay safe!

Last edited by kindafast; 01-27-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by kindafast
Murdered is what happens when an M3 challenges an M5

I assume you call diggs "light to light". Digg is like any other roll, it lines up your car's strengths against the competitor. Except with a digg there is one more factor involved that is not included at higher rolls - knowing how to launch your car. It's your loss, I was just trying to help you. The higher you go from a roll against an E60 M with your E92/3M the less of a chance of winning you have (the worse you will lose). E60 M5's are monsters up top.

I disagree.

You are talking about 1/4 times yes? Well 1/4 is just like light to light, except legal and with a set distance, so why use those numbers anyway if you are against that kind of racing?

Those numbers prove my point that from a stop an E92/3 M3 has a better chance (like you mention 2/10 of a second) difference between the M5.

Just speculating on your race, don't take it personally. You have a very nice car, but it's no match for the E60M.

Stay safe!
Again, thats not getting murdered. And your not talking to a kid here. You are talking to someone who races on a track, who knows the other driver well and who's car is pushing close to 400 to the wheels. CH knows all of this, so yes, it will be an interesting drive, when we do it, but murdered, um, no.. Murdered is an M or AMG or any other car for that matter, going up against a Veyron, thats murdered. Loosing by two or three car lengths is getting beat up.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Again, thats not getting murdered. And your not talking to a kid here. You are talking to someone who races on a track, who knows the other driver well and who's car is pushing close to 400 to the wheels. CH knows all of this, so yes, it will be an interesting drive, when we do it, but murdered, um, no.. Murdered is an M or AMG or any other car for that matter, going up against a Veyron, thats murdered. Loosing by two or three car lengths is getting beat up.
I'm completely down for some runs, there's no hostility here.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Again, thats not getting murdered. And your not talking to a kid here. You are talking to someone who races on a track, who knows the other driver well and who's car is pushing close to 400 to the wheels. .
Nice numbers. Is that DJ or DD? What mods? It'll be a blast for sure just make sure to have your V1s armed, this forum can't take two quality members being denied their MBWorld rights.

Who'll win? ChristinaNoel's fat a$$ with a fly by in his rebadged C230k.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Nice numbers. Is that DJ or DD? What mods? It'll be a blast for sure just make sure to have your V1s armed, this forum can't take two quality members being denied their MBWorld rights.

What became of that gent? CH, do you have an update?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I'm completely down for some runs, there's no hostility here.
Say spring. We definitely can't do it on a day coming back from the Bullet Hole. That would be bad...

DJ. Exhaust, pulley and ECU is on its way. It should put me at 393 at the wheels as per a DJ.

EDIT: Exhaust and Pulley installed.. ECU on its way..
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
What became of that gent? CH, do you have an update?
Yes, him and his accomplice are both rooming at Rikers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)