Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

If you get beat, show some class.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
If you get beat, show some class.

I haven't posted in a LONG time. Kinda' been distracted at work and generally ignoring my passion for cars. Anyway, the weather here (Kansas City) was phenomenal yesterday - 72 degrees and sunny - practically unheard of in the typically miserable medwest during early Feb. SOOO, I decided to take my 05 E55 out for a leisurely drive. My car is mildly modded - KLEEMAN Stage I pulley and ECU, EVO cooling kit, PTE thermostat, EVO resonator delete. Relatively healthy ride. I am just old enough to have discovered the true value in understatement, so I am driving really cool, minding my own bidniss. Along comes a black benz convertible from behind so fast, I think I'm gonna get rear ended. It's an SLK, but I can't tell if its a 55 or not at this time. Young, flashy male driver - too much hair gel, too much jewelry, not enough buttons buttoned on his shirt. In my mirror, I can see that he is pointing out the 55 and the AMG badging on the trunk of my car to his female passenger. So far, so good ... I expect either nothing at all from him or maybe a friendly waive. NOPE. As soon as the light turns green, he peels into the lane alongside me and guns it. It's definitely an SLK 55. I hesitate - (why waste the fuel???) - and then say WTF? I floor it and simply walk away from him. No, it was not an absolute trouncing. SLKs are VERY light and a naturally aspirated AMG V8 is no slouch. But he does'nt stand a chance against a professionally modded Kompressor producing just north of 500 flywheel hp and around 540 flywheel torque. By the time 1 car length turned into 3 turned into 5, I let off the gas and tapped my brakes to indicate "we're all done here" and what do I get????? THE "RICER" FLY-BY!!!!! Testament to my own immaturaty, that really P*ssed me off!! I expect that from the teeny boppers in their rice-grinders and stock mustangs with fart-pipes, but from a fellow AMG'er??? This guy was a complete DOUCHE. I'm sure he is telling all his DOUCHE buddies how he "blew away" some old guy in a sedan. Before stepping into my E55 I drove an 01 CLK55 that I truly loved and still miss. Point is, I ALWAYS showed enthusiasm and realistic "respect" to me fellow AMG brethren - especially those with twin-turboed twelves or kompressed 8s. I got to know the locals AMG-ers who pointed me in the right direction regarding mods, upgrades, get-togethers, gatherings, driving technique, etc. Back in the days of my CLK, I did take a quick run with a young kid in a very nicely modded mustang. His car was definitely quicker. We pulled into a nearby parking lot and admired each other's rides. He was VERY polite and was VERY proud of the saleen supercharger his dad had helped him install on his car. I would have been too. As the warm weather approaches, let's all be careful, everybody be safe, and when you run into that car that walks awar from you - and you will, we all do - PLEASE show some respect!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
I completely agree.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
What a spoiled brat!

AMG's have to stick together
Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 AM

I got the same response when I was playing with a CLK 430 with 'AMG' badges on it.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I agree with the OP. If I ever win or lose I expect a nice smile and wave at the end at a minimum
Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
He clearly didnt know what kompressor is otherwise he wouldnt raced you. As for me I always respect the driver whether I win or lose especially the ///AMG driver cause I everytime I see them on the street I always to them and always got it back from them. Hoping one day I will be one of your ///AMG driver .

Andy
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 AM

02 W163
+1, every race i had back then when i had the c230 coupe Either win or lose we always wave or give thumbs up... not that im comparing my car to the AMG, but im simply stating, when race end it ends....

But i can clearly tell why he was pissed,
SLK55," Hey, baby, watch me smoke this E55 AMG to the ground, there no way his car is faster, its way too heavy, and its a old man(All do respect) driving it."
Passenger girl " No dont, ill laugh if you lose"

E55 AMG +mods : " Leave him in the dust" and possibly cost his only chance to get some =(

One i remembered i raced a SLK55 with my 08WRX ( yes i know ILL GET SMOKED) but that wasnt the point. the point was i wanted to see how my wrx is compared with the SLK55, I even gave the driver props ect all that stuff before the race. I told him, " look i know ur car would smoke mine, but i just want to go for a quick run" SLK55 driver said, Thanks man Sure lets go for it.

As you all know the results, It was worth seeing such power and sound the AMG produces
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
I agree, completely.... it's all about respect. PDC, what part of Kansas City are you in? What color is your E55? I don't seem to see many of them around....
AMG
Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 AM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
I live waaayyy out south near Stanley. My E is black with black SL65 style rims, dark tint and a black-out front grill. I also added an E63-style rear decklid spoiler. Interesting that you haven't seen too many E55s around, a buddy of mine drives a black 04 and I have a neighbor somewhere out south who alos drives a black W211 E55 with black rims and dark tint. So much for being unique!?! I know exactly what you guys mean about sometimes wanting to make a run with a car that you know will probably win in the end just to see how your car matches up at various stages of the run. I also know that the guy with the SLK could have easily had a KLEEMANN or RennTech top-mount SC and cooked me! I'm just such a gear-head that I'm much more into what mods have been done, etc. than 'winner' - 'loser' B.S. With the new V8 M3 running around, the Lexus IF, and the 550 hp CTS-V, there are a wealth of really cool cars out there that can easily pull on each other. God knows just a couple grand in simple intake/exhaust mods to a 'base' model Vette will have those babies runnin deep 12s. I love my AMG, but not to the extent that I loose my head when it comes to simple lb per hp and gearing math.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Maybe I'm just driving on the wrong roads, huh?
I'm actually out east in Lees Summit. Mine is silver with a silver roof and trunk spoiler, carbon fiber accents on the side mirrors and "E55K" on the trunk deck. Maybe I'll see you around!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
I agree with the OP. If I ever win or lose I expect a nice smile and wave at the end at a minimum
Ha ha you're on probation!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM

That sucks ! But this will be a more common occurence as used/off lease amg's hit the market and teenagers with some coin start nabbing them up. With E55's being in the 30's its no suprise i've allready seen my fair share of bratty little owners.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 AM

omg, I remember I used to cruise around in my wifes slk55.. such a ****** car if a guy drives it.. what was I thinking! I sure do miss the exhaust note that little car gave out, that 7 spd was always in a high RPM no matter what speed your going. such a bad *** car tho... but too fruity with a guy driving it with the top down LOL.. felt 100x faster then the 4000lb boat im driving now \/
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes-Benz 2006 W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde stationwagon
Yeah, I agree with you PDC.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
holy old thread revival...

...a similar thing happened to me just yesterday though, so i suppose i'll contribute. got a chance to run agaist a red SLK55 from a dig. he got a 1 carlength jump off the line, i pulled back up next to him by the top of 2nd gear, pulled another 2 carlengths (1 full length between us) by the top of 3rd, and pulled another 1/2 carlength before i even got half-way through 4th gear, then i let off. i went to slow down and give a , but the more i braked, the more the SLK would brake to stay behind me. then he just quickly turned off into a neighborhood, and i unfortunately didn't get to even acknowledge this guy and his sweet ride . now granted, he certainly didn't act "bad ***" enough for me to simply write him off as a douche bag, and maybe he was in a hurry or didn't want to miss his neighborhood...but some recognition would be nice, ya know? oh well...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
SLK55

Originally Posted by alphanumeric
omg, I remember I used to cruise around in my wifes slk55.. such a ****** car if a guy drives it.. what was I thinking! ... but too fruity with a guy driving it with the top down LOL.. felt 100x faster then the 4000lb boat im driving now \/
I don't get this quote Alpha? What is so fruity about the SLK? I don't own one but have admired them often. Certainly flashier than the average AMG sedan but why so down on them?

Irish
Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
I don't get this quote Alpha? What is so fruity about the SLK? I don't own one but have admired them often. Certainly flashier than the average AMG sedan but why so down on them?

Irish
I believe there are common tendancies for people to believe that the SLK are for chicks and that the SL's are for the more masculine crowd. But in either case i still respect both, because they're mad fast anyways.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:20 AM
j0n

1999 Corvette FRC
I figured I'd add my $.02 here... I posted up a death several months ago(that brought me to this forum in the first place) where I got absolutely trounced by a modded E55. They were some of the best runs I'd had in awhile and was sure to throw the interior lights on(night-time) and give the driver in the E55 a thumbs up.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by j0n
I figured I'd add my $.02 here... I posted up a death several months ago(that brought me to this forum in the first place) where I got absolutely trounced by a modded E55. They were some of the best runs I'd had in awhile and was sure to throw the interior lights on(night-time) and give the driver in the E55 a thumbs up.
props to you for respecting and acknowledging your opponent. i also took a look at your kill story...you have one quick FRC!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
j0n

1999 Corvette FRC
Originally Posted by 996Yayo
props to you for respecting and acknowledging your opponent. i also took a look at your kill story...you have one quick FRC!
Thanks! Been piling up parts since the winter, hoping to install/re-tune in the next few weeks. Staying stock internal for now but should be a fair amount quicker!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by j0n
Thanks! Been piling up parts since the winter, hoping to install/re-tune in the next few weeks. Staying stock internal for now but should be a fair amount quicker!
what's going in? supercharger and some other goodies?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:38 AM
j0n

1999 Corvette FRC
Originally Posted by 996Yayo
what's going in? supercharger and some other goodies?
Nah not yet, just some more bolt-ons for now. Trying to nab the bolt-on record(11.62). After that it'll be time for some booooost.