Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Riding down the highway(In Mexico), a modded 5.7L GTO and Modded Mustang GT...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Riding down the highway(In Mexico), a modded 5.7L GTO and Modded Mustang GT...

...come up from behind. I decide to down shift and see if they want to play. I have 3 friends with me. The GTO guy seems kind of cocky and tries to let me go first. I wouldn't budge. He finally decided to start at the same time. I proceeded to walk him hard, REALLY hard. I'm talkin' 5 cars at least from 30-100mph and let out. His buddy is behind him in a modded GT(03). Claims 350hp(not sure if that's wheel hp or not, but doubtful). I started in 2nd(instead of 1st where I should have been) and ended up putting more car, bus, mobile home lengths on him than I did the GTO. I also raced a Mazda Miata turbo on 16psi. Claimed nearly 300whp. Pulled on him really hard too, but not as hard as I did the Mustang and GTO. Tomorrow I have a race set up against a LS3 Corvette. I am really looking forward to it!

I should be able to obtain(and post) a few videos of these races.

Cliffs: I finally got a few kills under my belt. Chipped Turbo diesel trucks don't count lol.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
this is peanuts for the e55

looking forward to the LS3 video.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
^agreed......though all stories sound perfectly accurate. turbo/d miata > LS1 GTO > Mustang (which was 350 crank hp, not wheels)

those GTs are just slow. i no longer race mustangs unless they are s/c'd....like cobras or GT500s.

nice kills!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
good kills!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 AM

2004 E55 AMG
The LS3 Vette guy never showed up and I couldn't find another one around. I will try again when I get back from Alaska next month.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM

'88 Porsche 951 / FJ Cruiser
Too bad you aren't in the DC/VA/MD area, I'd offer up my LS3 as fish bait. What do you have done to your car?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by speedfreak81
Too bad you aren't in the DC/VA/MD area, I'd offer up my LS3 as fish bait. What do you have done to your car?
search CLS55 vs Ls3 on youtube..

the outcome very clear.. The 55 pulls and the vette at higher speeds just passes the CLS55 no problems.

its just physics.. weight.. air drag, power to weight ratio..

from the stop light, I would give the edge to the AMG.. easier to launch. From a roll to deep into 120's.. the vette would win.

The E is just a bit faster than the CLS but it won't make that much difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsN-PTN6A1I
Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
search CLS55 vs Ls3 on youtube..

the outcome very clear.. The 55 pulls and the vette at higher speeds just passes the CLS55 no problems.

its just physics.. weight.. air drag, power to weight ratio..

from the stop light, I would give the edge to the AMG.. easier to launch. From a roll to deep into 120's.. the vette would win.

The E is just a bit faster than the CLS but it won't make that much difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsN-PTN6A1I
If the vid you're talking about is the auto LS3 vs the CLS I've seen it. Autos aren't as great as a manual from a roll. The CLS and E may be more consistant because they're easier to launch, but a properly driven MN6 LS3 vette will be right with either of the two of those through the 1/4 and I would even give the edge to the Vette. There have been about 4 LS3 cars thus far that have dipped into the 11s stock, and most of the quicker ones are in the 117-119mph trap range, the fastest time being 11.71@119.94. The power is there....just have to get it to the ground.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:22 AM

2004 E55 AMG
If the vid you're talking about is the auto LS3 vs the CLS I've seen it. Autos aren't as great as a manual from a roll. The CLS and E may be more consistant because they're easier to launch, but a properly driven MN6 LS3 vette will be right with either of the two of those through the 1/4 and I would even give the edge to the Vette. There have been about 4 LS3 cars thus far that have dipped into the 11s stock, and most of the quicker ones are in the 117-119mph trap range, the fastest time being 11.71@119.94. The power is there....just have to get it to the ground.
Nice! Man, I want to get beaten by something. I might be coming to work in DC(again) in a few months. I will drive my car up and get in contact with you.

It's bone stock, but not sure how it will be running by the time I get to DC lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 PM

2009 Z06, 2006 Touareg V8, 1999 A4 1.8t, 1997 M3
There was one at Famoso last time out with a few bolt-ons that ran an 11.39 @ 125.82... absolutely wicked.
YouTube

Last edited by TwentyValveB5; 07-09-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by TwentyValveB5
There was one at Famoso last time out with a few bolt-ons that ran an 11.39 @ 125.82... absolutely wicked.
YouTube
That is Joel I don't even have to watch the vid to know who it is. I know him from the vette forum, and his car is very fast.

Originally Posted by vtecsti
Nice! Man, I want to get beaten by something. I might be coming to work in DC(again) in a few months. I will drive my car up and get in contact with you.

It's bone stock, but not sure how it will be running by the time I get to DC lol.
Sure! Definitely let me know. I'll run ya stock or modded, doesn't matter to me. I really could care less regardless of what the outcome is. I'm ok knowing there are plenty of faster cars out there, so I don't mind losing. The thrill is in the race for me. There was a guy who came onto the Vette forum a few months back claiming ot have a stock E55 and "smoked" an LS3 Vette by 3 or 4 cars, from a roll no less. He was even local to me, and when I asked him if he would like to run a "properly" driven LS3 car he would have none of it. In fact, not only did he never once reply back to the thread he started, he didn't respond to the PM I sent him either. Haven't heard from him since the post.

Last edited by speedfreak81; 07-09-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM

2004 E55 AMG
That is Joel I don't even have to watch the vid to know who it is. I know him from the vette forum, and his car is very fast.

Sure! Definitely let me know. I'll run ya stock or modded, doesn't matter to me. I really could care less regardless of what the outcome is. I'm ok knowing there are plenty of faster cars out there, so I don't mind losing. The thrill is in the race for me. There was a guy who came onto the Vette forum a few months back claiming ot have a stock E55 and "smoked" an LS3 Vette by 3 or 4 cars, from a roll no less. He was even local to me, and when I asked him if he would like to run a "properly" driven LS3 car he would have none of it. In fact, not only did he never once reply back to the thread he started, he didn't respond to the PM I sent him either. Haven't heard from him since the post.

Yeah, I am up for fun runs, win or lose.

Here are some videos of a few of my kills. My buddy finally posted them up. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCJdzZXacLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w_hHWNMxaM

Modded Civic Si, not EX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RidddwxJcoc
Old 07-09-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
lol thats just plain sad.... unless the rice was talking some major chit, was it even worth the gas?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr. Special
lol thats just plain sad.... unless the rice was talking some major chit, was it even worth the gas?
lol yeah, his buddies were wanting him to race me. The last race, I was on/off/on/off the throttle lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 PM

Here are some videos of a few of my kills. My buddy finally posted them up. Enjoy.

Modded Civic Si, not EX:

hah, nice. You need to quit pickin' on the turds and find someone your own "size" Let me know when you come up to DC we'll get together. There is a guy who works out at my gym occasionally that has the same exact car as yours. I've always loved the W211 E55s.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:19 PM

2004 E55 AMG
hah, nice. You need to quit pickin' on the turds and find someone your own "size" Let me know when you come up to DC we'll get together. There is a guy who works out at my gym occasionally that has the same exact car as yours. I've always loved the W211 E55s.
I would, but I was only home for the weekend and that's all that was out that night. I was actually taking some guys for a ride and those two cars(gto and gt) were passing me lol. I will definitely get up with you once I get to DC. I am not 100% I'll be there on this contract, but it is definitely a possibility. I will PM you my info.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
...come up from behind. I decide to down shift and see if they want to play. I have 3 friends with me. The GTO guy seems kind of cocky and tries to let me go first. I wouldn't budge. He finally decided to start at the same time. I proceeded to walk him hard, REALLY hard. I'm talkin' 5 cars at least from 30-100mph and let out. His buddy is behind him in a modded GT(03). Claims 350hp(not sure if that's wheel hp or not, but doubtful). I started in 2nd(instead of 1st where I should have been) and ended up putting more car, bus, mobile home lengths on him than I did the GTO. I also raced a Mazda Miata turbo on 16psi. Claimed nearly 300whp. Pulled on him really hard too, but not as hard as I did the Mustang and GTO. Tomorrow I have a race set up against a LS3 Corvette. I am really looking forward to it!

I should be able to obtain(and post) a few videos of these races.

Cliffs: I finally got a few kills under my belt. Chipped Turbo diesel trucks don't count lol.
I've seen chipped turbo diesel trucks run 8's and 9's...That guy that started the thread about beating the ls3 was me. I work for DOS and am constantly out of town. I don't mind running you when in town and don't mind losing either. I've lost a few in the e55 and won a bunch in the e55. I'm a vette guy too...

http://www.pbase.com/itsmeek/vette_pics

Last edited by itsmeek; 07-31-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by itsmeek
I've seen chipped turbo diesel trucks run 8's and 9's...That guy that started the thread about beating the ls3 was me. I work for DOS and am constantly out of town. I don't mind running you when in town and don't mind losing either. I've lost a few in the e55 and won a bunch in the e55. I'm a vette guy too...

http://www.pbase.com/itsmeek/vette_pics
Nice man, definitely will shoot you a PM. I say that about turbo diesels because it seemed like that was all that wanted to race me for the longest haha. I know they can be fast, I got walked on REALLY hard by one while I was in my mid 12 sec sti.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Sounds good bro- but I was talking about speedfreak81, I want to run him but haven't really been in town for months now.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
E55 vs LS3

Forgive my ignorance but I am not a Corvette guy. Please educate me if I get this wrong. The LS3 vette is the 6.2 liter engine used in the C5 Zo6 and in the std C6, right? Rated about 400 hp? The LS7 is the monster C6 Zo6 motor that was rated about 500 hp and then the ZR1 was the new SC'ed model rated about 600 hp. I think I got that all correct.

The vid of the Miata was about right. And if heresay is worth a nickel you would have a close race with a C5 Z06 or a C6 (non-Z06). I have a SCCA friend who runs a supercharged (not turbo which is quicker) Miata rated at ~240 hp. He regularly smokes all comers at the auto-x meets including the screamer formula cars and the Corvettes. Auto-x is not a drag race but according to him, his Miata will smoke or at least keep up with his C5 Z06 in a drag. Take that with a grain of salt. I have another friend with a E55 that ran a 11.05 ET @ about 124 or 129 mph (I forget) last year but his car is NOT even close to stock. The same day, same track, one of our mutual buddies ran a stock C6 ZR1 with the supercharge engined and it could only post a best run of 12.25 @ 129 mph but (and this is really important) he could not get it to hook up enough to use full throttle until he was passing the 1/8th mi pole and in 3rd gear OMG Yeah, I know the magazines all did way better than that, but this was the real world with a real professional ARCA racer at the wheel and he still had trouble breaking into the 11's. But note the speed, his car was way fast on topend. Many/most C6 Z06's trap better than he did that nite.

So, running the LS3, the outcome could very well come down to traction and how well the vette driver does at managing his wheelspin. A street race in Mexico is harder than the track cause traction is almost always worse. From a dig it should be a good race. From a roll any advantage gained will go to the vette. On top end - well, I would let off before he catches me on topend and ask him if he wanted to run again, (that is if you are in front) lol. We want pictures/video.

Irish
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM

LS430

Modded Civic Si, not EX:

This was worse than to watch than anything I saw in a while, they really had no chance, are you sure they know that the gas pedal is on the right and not on the left/middle? The race was the civic shouldn't even be done, that was out of mercy to go on and off the throttle, although he might say to his boys he ran with an E55 for a few secs. I look forward to seeing you run other cars. Is your E55 modded?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I'm yet to fish a E55 out of the Sea.. all I got was a CL55 and it wasn't much fun seeing there wasn't a straight road to play on...

Boosted Miatas can be very potent, you just have to come across someone with a mk1 miata @ 2300lbs and running more than run of the mill bolt on turbo kits.