Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Yellow chevy cobalt- and i'm po'd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Yellow chevy cobalt- and i'm po'd

So driving home yesterday- there was a yellow chevy cobalt (supercharged) in front of me. I was rushing to get to a flight so I sped up and as soon as I did, he stomped it. From about 8 cars back I easily passed him then slowed down due to traffic. Couldn't catch him at a light but going downhill he cut me off and 2 clear lanes I was about to pass him when he cut me off. I slowed down so as not to run into him (i didn't even shift out of comfort mode and wasn't flooring it, his car was whining loud). At the next light, the kid starts talking **** to me (typical little wannabe paki dude).

Him: "Dude, I so smoked you- I killed you, I smoked you"
Me: "Really? So line up with me at a light"
Him: "No way- it's done, I killed you, you lost"
Me: "You're a *****, line up or shut up"
Him: "Dude- I killed you, my friend has food so I don't wanna line up, but I KILLED YOU"
Me: "You're an *** *****- line up at the light"

Blah blah- he kept talkin trash and I kept calling him a *****. He rolled his window up. Then right before the light turned green, he rolled it down, said "Dude, F you, you're such a ni$$er." (i'm not black). And he cut over 3 lanes and ran away.

If you come on this forum, this is a call out. I will race you in any of my cars (range rover, h22 accord, 96 eclipse gsx (haha good luck with the eclipse), e55, e500). You may have a chance against the accord.

Also remember that if you EVER cut me off again- we have a problem and I will follow you home.

Last edited by itsmeek; 09-30-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Chevy cobalt- chevy...damn me.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 AM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
I'd suggest planning a little bit ahead for making flights-and not putting yourself (or others) in this situation-one the aurgument is pointless two-its more then unsafe for either of you-one if not both of you are inexperianced drivers and could cause a lot of damage......
semi-rant over-
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Check the cobalt forums. Let's start a war.

Cobaltss.net

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 09-30-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks captain obvious. How did you deduce that I am an inexperienced driver from the above thread? Why are you in a "kills section" preaching safe driving?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Check the cobalt forums. Let's start a war.

Cobaltss.net
Haha, would be fun- but I actually REALLY like those cars (the turbo'd ones are great). And don't really want to start a war.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by itsmeek
Thanks captain obvious. How did you deduce that I am an inexperienced driver from the above thread? Why are you in a "kills section" preaching safe driving?
I'm not preaching-and you posted the thread genius-thats why I commented.
I deduce that you're inexperianced based on (1)-you dont allow yourself enough time to be somewhere important-taking into account traffic and driving conditions and (2)-you continued to (wether you knew it or not) tempt the kid in cobalt-
my take? When someone starts to drive like a retard-back off-let them have the road and stay safe.....
Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There was no traffic when I finally punched it. And you're right.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha, would be fun- but I actually REALLY like those cars (the turbo'd ones are great). And don't really want to start a war.
Sorry for you that you like those cars. They're econoboxes with turbos strapped to them.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eh...so is my gsx eclipse.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eh...so is my gsx eclipse.
At least the eclipse has a 4G63 and the GSX is basically an Evo in sheep's clothing. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
+1
Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
The OP should have just let the idiot go and ignore him. People who race and cut you off don't know how to drive. When the profane language and yelling started, it was a hint things weren't going to get better and would probably escalate. Not worth the trouble or risk of bodily injury if the other guy had a gun or something. Keep it safe.

Last edited by Dragoncoach; 09-30-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
The OP should have just let the idiot go and ignore him. People who race and cut you off don't know how to drive. When the when the profane language started, it was a hint things weren't going to get better and would probably escalate. Not worth the trouble or risk of bodily injury if the other guy had a gun or something. Keep it safe.
+1
Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
+1... From my experience, wannabe gangsters are sometimes armed (knife/gun), even a 5 year old who doesnt know how to use a gun is dangerous with one.

If anyone ever drives like a jackass I just back off and let them go. The only time I'll ever play with someone on the road is actually if they're older than me (I'm 20), I automatically assume that age (and an expensive car) make a person more responsible. Well, not really, but I'd rather trust a 40 year old in an M5 than a 20 year old in a Vtec Honda.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol the guy's a coward. He thinks it's the internet, where you can alt+f4 after a "cheap win" which wasnt at all.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 AM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
+1... From my experience, wannabe gangsters are sometimes armed (knife/gun), even a 5 year old who doesnt know how to use a gun is dangerous with one.

If anyone ever drives like a jackass I just back off and let them go. The only time I'll ever play with someone on the road is actually if they're older than me (I'm 20), I automatically assume that age (and an expensive car) make a person more responsible. Well, not really, but I'd rather trust a 40 year old in an M5 than a 20 year old in a Vtec Honda.

HEY, THAT'S ME ! ! ! (the guy in the M5, not the Honda). :-)

Last edited by Dragoncoach; 10-01-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I usually play with a lot of people. But some people are a sore loser. My buddy is a witness-his CL6 TT against a BMW 550 and the emergency light turned on after he did a flyby (BMW 550). My buddy got furious and wanted more and told me to go after him but I said let it be (plus not my car I'm not going to risk wrecking his car).

Sometimes I ease off. I learned once (if anyone is familar with the 405 north hitting the 101. When I had a Honda accord this bmw 330 was on my tail going to 405 to 101 south (1 lane) to the point I got mad and pushed the car to the limit. Over the decline I saw cars stopped I went to emergency lane while I look into rear view mirror and see smoke (or even steam-don't know if the guy crashed) after that I usually back off unless they are cool about it and they want to play.

But when it involves weaving in and out of traffic that's a no go.

But I can't disagree with OP because we all have our days. I mean you have to understand he was probably pissed trying to rush to catch a flight and a dipshyt like that probably made him more mad.

I feel you OP...I've been in your shoes especially when they cut you off.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Something a lot like this happened to me in last night but with an IS350 with exhaust. The guy takes off about two cars back behind me, I didn't want to drop the car onto 2nd 6k rpm, but I went for 3rd at 4k, a little lag before full boost, but I stopped his advance and started reeling him hard, then the second I start getting onto his bumper he shuts down. Then the guy just starts flashing his hazards and won't do a real matched up pull. I guess he saw me reeling him hard =/
Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Karo
I usually play with a lot of people. But some people are a sore loser. My buddy is a witness-his CL6 TT against a BMW 550 and the emergency light turned on after he did a flyby (BMW 550). My buddy got furious and wanted more and told me to go after him but I said let it be (plus not my car I'm not going to risk wrecking his car).

Sometimes I ease off. I learned once (if anyone is familar with the 405 north hitting the 101. When I had a Honda accord this bmw 330 was on my tail going to 405 to 101 south (1 lane) to the point I got mad and pushed the car to the limit. Over the decline I saw cars stopped I went to emergency lane while I look into rear view mirror and see smoke (or even steam-don't know if the guy crashed) after that I usually back off unless they are cool about it and they want to play.

But when it involves weaving in and out of traffic that's a no go.

But I can't disagree with OP because we all have our days. I mean you have to understand he was probably pissed trying to rush to catch a flight and a dipshyt like that probably made him more mad.

I feel you OP...I've been in your shoes especially when they cut you off.
Thing was- I was done when the hill came up. I was just trying to go my way, speed limit was at 35- I was at 45 and going by him when he cut me off. Oh well, it is what it is. I suppose I could have elevated it- but left it.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
you made the mistake when you responded.

he wanted to get you rialed up, and he was successful.

the most the guy deserved was an eye-roll.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok great- so if I ever see you on the road. I'll make sure to cut you off to the point that you almost run into me..twice. Make sure that you don't respond- just roll your eyes at me ok?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM

itsmeek-we're not trying to bash on you-but I think a number of us on here agree that when you see this type of driver-just avoid the situation all together-I've gone so far as to get off way earlier on the highway then I intended when they start to slow way down with you-
we're not anti-street racing-its gonna happen-but as a driver-we can still control when who and how it takes place-
Old 10-01-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

True, I see your points.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In other words, the guy aint worth a piece of your time. He's driving a god damn Cobalt vs your E55.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yellow chevy cobalt- and i'm po'd