Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Funny Cop Story.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Funny Cop Story.

After reading some of the stories about running from the cops on here I wanted to share one of my memorable police moments.

This took place in the mid 70's in western Maryland on my way back from the 75 & 80 Drag Strip in Damascus. At the time, I was driving a new Vette and would take the rural route through the farmland to get to the interstate so I could "play" a little in the twisties.

There is a good size "whoop de doo" on this two lane rural road just before the highway entrance where you can get really light in your seat and if your going fast enough you can actually get a little hang time in the seat belts. Also, you can't see the other side of this hump when approaching.

This day, I'm hauling *** and having fun as I anticipate lift off approaching the hill. Just as I crest the hill, there is a state Trooper parked just on the other side doing paper work. The sight of him startled me so bad that I went for the brakes and in my semi airborne condition, locked up all four wheels as I went sliding and screeching past his open window. The expression on the troopers face was priceless.

The most amazing part of this story? I see him in my mirror shaking his head like, WTF, but he doesn't pursue me. Go figure.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
After reading some of the stories about running from the cops on here I wanted to share one of my memorable police moments.

This took place in the mid 70's in western Maryland on my way back from the 75 & 80 Drag Strip in Damascus. At the time, I was driving a new Vette and would take the rural route through the farmland to get to the interstate so I could "play" a little in the twisties.

There is a good size "whoop de doo" on this two lane rural road just before the highway entrance where you can get really light in your seat and if your going fast enough you can actually get a little hang time in the seat belts. Also, you can't see the other side of this hump when approaching.

This day, I'm hauling *** and having fun as I anticipate lift off approaching the hill. Just as I crest the hill, there is a state Trooper parked just on the other side doing paper work. The sight of him startled me so bad that I went for the brakes and in my semi airborne condition, locked up all four wheels as I went sliding and screeching past his open window. The expression on the troopers face was priceless.

The most amazing part of this story? I see him in my mirror shaking his head like, WTF, but he doesn't pursue me. Go figure.
I call ....there is no way a Maryland State Trooper doesn't pull you over....unless of course he prematurely shot his load just thinking about it..
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I call ....there is no way a Maryland State Trooper doesn't pull you over....unless of course he prematurely shot his load just thinking about it..
Things were different 30 years ago. They were still *****s but not nearly as hard *** as today.

We both could have used a change of underwear.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 ML320, 2005 E320 CDI
Sorry to hijack the thread...but I think it deserves a bump. My father was driving a 1972 Nova SS in Feb 1983 when a state trooper ATTEMPTED to pull him over. This was in MD...the trooper followed him to VA hospital (where I was born) and didnt even curse...just asked what he had under the hood They talked for a while and Dad almost missed me being born (from what I am told).

TONS of cop stories from my Dad...things were different back then. BTW...Still has that Nova SS...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Another story from the same area. This time I'm cruising about a 100 in a '72' Pantera when my CB (you remember them?) lights up with some guy asking me about the car and wanting me to pull over so he can look at it. I look around and the only car I can see is way behind me and looks harmless. I'm on my way to work so I blow him off and say, some other time. He comes back and say's, he'd really like a look at my car and to please take a look in my mirror. I look up and the car that was way behind me is now approaching fast with the blue lights flashing in his unmarked Polaris.

Anyway, I pull over and we talk about the Pantera for awhile and he writes me for no front plate and goes on his way.

Lucky again.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 330i & 99 ML430
Haha, that's ridiculous.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Charger SRT-8
A friend shared a whoop-de-doo story with me a long time ago. Back in the late-eighties he was drinking beers with his buddy in his Mustang GT with t-tops.

They were on the infamous Cuba road in the rural Chicago area.

They were speeding and went airborne over the rise, the beers flying out of their hands above the roof line, they landed and the beer cans came right back into their hands. Hilarious story.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 ML350 4matic
Don't let the monks catch you, or they'll shave your head.....so the story goes. I know that rise well....a buddy lost an oil pan on a 72 Cutlass there...

Last edited by Benzo 003; 04-11-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by Benzo 003
Don't let the monks catch you, or they'll shave your head.....so the story goes. I know that rise well....a buddy lost an oilpan on a 72 Cutlass there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqu0ogtqlQs
Old 04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Back in HS, in.... rural NJ (back in the 70's, there was a 'rural NJ'), there was a great road that had several woop de doos where you could actually get air, at the right speed. There was a fairly big breasted girl in our class that loved to get rides on that road. Her name was Robin, and we dubbed the section, "Robbin's Hills"!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
A friend shared a whoop-de-doo story with me a long time ago. Back in the late-eighties he was drinking beers with his buddy in his Mustang GT with t-tops.

They were on the infamous Cuba road in the rural Chicago area.

They were speeding and went airborne over the rise, the beers flying out of their hands above the roof line, they landed and the beer cans came right back into their hands. Hilarious story.
Three of us were riding in the front seat of my buds '56' Chevy with a case of Rolling Rock chug-a-mugs sitting on the back seat when we hit a patch of ice and T-boned a telephone pole. The case of beer flew over the front seat and smashed all over the dash leaving beer and broken glass everywhere. Fortunately, nobody got hurt with the exception of a bloody nose for the driver. Cops never showed and nobody got a ticket.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM

2000 E320
cops playing catch up

Here in miami its all flat and the roads are str8. no fun curves but plenty of room at night to fly

i raced home from the gas station hit 110 getting chased by the cops. i made it to the front door, keys in hand when the cops caught up. they tried taking me to jail . i was cuffed in the back of the cop car and all. with a little negotiation n a get outa jail free card i got "off" with 3 tickets- a 95mph in a 30, running a red light, and no registration. i felt lucky since it was 2 am and i was rumming it all night at a party. i thanked the cops and walked into my house.

BTW- the cop never showed up for court and the judge looked at me like i was crazy.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
I got caught flying through a couple sweeping turns here in Southern MD by a state trooper. I was doing 80 in 55. I was surprised he nabbed me for it. Asks for my license, runs my info. Comes back, and says since it's the first time he's pulled me over in this car he'll give me a warning. He asked me to pop the hood to have a look at what a handbuilt V8 looks like. I smiled, and said "Sorry man, I'm in a bit of a hurry". He had a good laugh about that, and I showed him the car anyway. Real nice guy, best stop I've had yet.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 AM

"Sorry man, I'm in a bit of a hurry". .[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha. Priceless.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:39 PM

GLE 450 2021, SLK 350 2013, Honda Civc Type R 2019, Suzuki GSXR 750 2014, Ducati Diavel 2018
Lol about a two or three months ago at 2 am at night, I went 70-80 on 35 mph street and there happened to be cop there. Pulled me over and lectured me. Got left off with a warning. Haha. I have never gotten a speeding ticket ever in my life.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by supacrazykev
Lol about a two or three months ago at 2 am at night, I went 70-80 on 35 mph street and there happened to be cop there. Pulled me over and lectured me. Got left off with a warning. Haha. I have never gotten a speeding ticket ever in my life.
Gonna put someone in the morgue driving like that

just grateful you don't have a fast car...

-Rob
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Best ticket ever-actual happened in Mexico. About two years ago, I was driving down to Puerto Viarta with my girl and my buddy and his girl in his car when I am pulled over for not having a permit about a day’s drive from Arizona. The federally starts asking me if I speak Spanish and I say no. He then tells me he is going to have to tow my car back to the California border and we are going to be arrested, he then goes to his buddy and starts discussing what he would try to extort out of me. I walk up to a fourth guy and ask him if it’s OK if I drive back to the Arizona boarder to get the right permits, he tells me that its fine.
Now here's the best part.
We drive to Arizona get the permits and head back all in about 20 or so hours (normally a two-day drive going the speed limit). On the way back, I get pulled over again for going about 110 mph. Now here's the kicker it’s the same federally that tried extorting me the day before. As soon as he gets to the car I tell him, I thought that it said 100 in mph not kph. I then show him that I drove all the way to Arizona and got the permit! The expression on his face was priceless. He tells me to slow down and lets us go. My girl and I were sure I was going to be arrested.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 AM

sl500
Talking not so funny situation

last weekend me and a few friends were coming back from tijuana and made it through the border around 3:00 am. car needed some american gas so i pull up to a gas station and my buddys inside decide to light a dooby which attracted a homeless guy to the car. he was like "give me a hit" i told him ok if you wash my windows and finish pumping the gas, he agreed. he got the window clean and i grabbed the dooby from my buddy and walked over to give him the rest of the joint. he pulls the gas nozzle out and squirts me with gas then i here my freinds say "5-O!!"
the bum throws the joint at me and both arms catch on fire so i ran toward the cops screeming help and they shot me 2 times in the leg for waiving a fire arm
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by sick430
Best ticket ever-actual happened in Mexico. About two years ago, I was driving down to Puerto Viarta with my girl and my buddy and his girl in his car when I am pulled over for not having a permit about a day’s drive from Arizona. The federally starts asking me if I speak Spanish and I say no. He then tells me he is going to have to tow my car back to the California border and we are going to be arrested, he then goes to his buddy and starts discussing what he would try to extort out of me. I walk up to a fourth guy and ask him if it’s OK if I drive back to the Arizona boarder to get the right permits, he tells me that its fine.
Now here's the best part.
We drive to Arizona get the permits and head back all in about 20 or so hours (normally a two-day drive going the speed limit). On the way back, I get pulled over again for going about 110 mph. Now here's the kicker it’s the same federally that tried extorting me the day before. As soon as he gets to the car I tell him, I thought that it said 100 in mph not kph. I then show him that I drove all the way to Arizona and got the permit! The expression on his face was priceless. He tells me to slow down and lets us go. My girl and I were sure I was going to be arrested.
You drove 20hrs?

Ya know you could have asked him, "what's the fine", bartered it down to $75-$200 and just kept going, right?

-Rob
Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK Cabrio
Originally Posted by transferred
You drove 20hrs?

Ya know you could have asked him, "what's the fine", bartered it down to $75-$200 and just kept going, right?

-Rob
I thought of it later. however, at the time I was terrified that they would try to tow my benz and my boys 650ci.

all in all i think it was an adventure . but, yeah next time barter for sure.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sick430
I thought of it later. however, at the time I was terrified that they would try to tow my benz and my boys 650ci.

all in all i think it was an adventure . but, yeah next time barter for sure.
I hear ya...though I didn't know you were in a 6-series so the barter price would likely be higher...I always take my truck, sure it costs near as much as a 650i but slips under the radar under "the hick clause"...

-Rob
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK Cabrio
yeah, i would take the truck but its to slow for the fun we had in mind