Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ferrari Challenge Stradale vs 2 Chicks and a Corolla

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Ferrari Challenge Stradale vs 2 Chicks and a Corolla

I finally got the CS out on an extended drive, with lots of switchbacks, and I have t say that it is absolutely brilliant. It is truly a race car for the street!!

While I was driving rather 'spiritedly', I ran into no challengers..... only polite people who all seemed to be in a hurry to get out of the way.... Thank you very much! Usually after a good drive or a day at the track, the ride home is sedate. And this day was no different.

Taking the highway back and cruising in the left lane at a leisurely 85, which was just moving with the flow. When what do I see i my rear view, but 2 twenty something girls in a Corolla..... about a foot from my bumper! I moved to the right to let them through. They pulled next to me, cell phone cameras firing, and waved hello. I waved back and then they moved in behind me. I changed lanes again..... and so did they.

I finally figured that I was going to have a tail, so I got back in the left lane and kept going, with my two happy Ferrari fans in tow. Sometimes these highway cruises can be boring, and I was beginning to drift off until the car in front of me moves over and gives me a surprise!

As he darts to the right I am staring at the remnants of a very large truck tire. Time to wake up and REACT! And react I did! There was a car next to me in the middle lane, so I blipped down two gears, accelerate and slalom the tire and down the road I go, no drama...... just a little more awake.

I glance in my mirror and notice that the girls were attempting the same move...... in a Corolla! Their first jog to the right resulted in massive understeer..... followed by massive oversteer, several 360's and in a cloud of dust off into desert they went.

I got off and circled back around to see if they were OK. When I arrived I saw a very dusty Toyota, and a couple of girls needing a change of underwear..... swearing never to tailgate a Ferrari ever again!

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 09-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
Wow! Great story! Seal the deal on the threesome?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emilner
Haha, +1.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Originally Posted by emilner
Pics
Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
another great read...any pics of the CS, the special edition F-cars are timeless...

-Rob
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Awesome Story.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by transferred
another great read...any pics of the CS, the special edition F-cars are timeless...

-Rob
Here's a couple of shots of my CS...

And a random lass in another CS. Unfortunately she wasn't one of my Corolla 'friends'!

Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
thx for the pics, great car...bonus pic of some ******* was a nice touch
Old 09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 414 Likes on 341 Posts
MB’s
Ya know this is about the 5th thread story posted by this feller. I love reading your stories. Very good reads they are. Seems like a nice guy as well. Its about time we get some people on here that can tell a good story with good cars and not ricer boys or people who think they know what there talking about. Love this Ferrari. One of my favorite. Driven many 360's myself and many other exotics. I dont know how I have not noticed this DIno person sooner. Good stories.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thx for the pics, great car...bonus pic of some ******* was a nice touch
Could that girl be any more cute?

Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Ya know this is about the 5th thread story posted by this feller. I love reading your stories. Very good reads they are. Seems like a nice guy as well. Its about time we get some people on here that can tell a good story with good cars and not ricer boys or people who think they know what there talking about. Love this Ferrari. One of my favorite. Driven many 360's myself and many other exotics. I dont know how I have not noticed this DIno person sooner. Good stories.
I have been around here as a sponsor for a while now. Good to meet you!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
the car in front of me moves over and gives me a surprise!

As he darts to the right I am staring at the remnants of a very large truck tire. Time to wake up and REACT! And react I did! There was a car next to me in the middle lane, so I blipped down two gears, accelerate and slalom the tire and down the road I go, no drama...... just a little more awake.

I glance in my mirror and notice that the girls were attempting the same move...... in a Corolla! Their first jog to the right resulted in massive understeer..... followed by massive oversteer, several 360's and in a cloud of dust off into desert they went.
Curious, how close were the girls and did you apply your brakes first?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Curious, how close were the girls and did you apply your brakes first?
Bump on this one.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bump on this one.
They were ~3-4 feet from my back end, and I didn't hit the brakes. Just a down shift, accelerate and a quick right/left wrist flick.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 AM

Charger SRT-8
They were ~3-4 feet from my back end, and I didn't hit the brakes. Just a down shift, accelerate and a quick right/left wrist flick.
You set them up. You knew you were going to "teach them a lesson" and sure enough they learned. What if they crashed and were injured, would you have felt guilty?

They were in the wrong, but you let them follow you so closely and you never gave them a warning with brake lights. And it sounds like you were too close to the other car.

You acted like a jerk on this one.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs down

You set them up. You knew you were going to "teach them a lesson" and sure enough they learned. What if they crashed and were injured, would you have felt guilty?

They were in the wrong, but you let them follow you so closely and you never gave them a warning with brake lights. And it sounds like you were too close to the other car.

You acted like a jerk on this one.
Good grief, you tried to set him up with your "kill stories" policing more like....he saw the tire at the last minute as the car in front of him suddenly "darted to the right"...What you have done? "well I don't care about myself or my lovely car so I'll make sure to light up my rear lights for the proper <BOOM>...."

That's how two people crash not one. Talk about a high horse...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Charger SRT-8
Good grief, you tried to set him up with your "kill stories" policing more like....he saw the tire at the last minute as the car in front of him suddenly "darted to the right"...What you have done? "well I don't care about myself or my lovely car so I'll make sure to light up my rear lights for the proper <BOOM>...."

That's how two people crash not one. Talk about a high horse...
Well first I would make sure two idiots in car like that don't follow me so closely in my $125k+ high performance, rare car.

But if they insisted, I would have made sure my following distance from the car in front was vast. Just like the handbook tells you, right?

And even if I was being that much of a jerk, or just ignorant, I would have at least tapped my brakes and given them some warning.

But none of that happened and it could have been much worse.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-08-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well first I would make sure two idiots in car like that don't follow me so closely in my $125k+ high performance, rare car.

But if they insisted, I would have made sure my following distance from the car in front was vast. Just like the handbook tells you, right?

And even if I was being that much of a jerk, or just ignorant, I would have at least tapped my brakes and given them some warning.

But none of that happened and it could have been much worse.
I think it might be time for you to step away from the bong and join reality.

I hate to inform you that your happy little world, where nobody is responsible for their own actions, does not really exist.

Tapping one's brakes in order to "let them know they are too close" is an exercise in stupidity, and really tells me much about the source. Pulling that stunt where I live is a great way to get shot.

The reality of the 'cut and thrust' of what happens on the road is down to one's abilities as well as the car they are driving. I tried to open the gap on the girls, but they just kept accelerating faster. And if you remember, I also slowed down in order to shake them, but they were having nothing of it. They wanted to play with the guy in the Ferrari, so I just went on my way. Maybe you would have had me pull over and offer them lunch?

Was I closing on the car in front? Probably. But I wasn't using a slide rule to make calculations. I was too busy trying to keep an eye on the girls and then attempting to see around the car in front. The 'perfect storm' occurred when he moved to avoid the tire.

Would I have felt anything had they crashed? Nope. Not a thing. I also wouldn't have blamed them if I had crashed. They made some choices and played the hand they were dealt. Not my fault. Did they get upset with me when I went back? Nope. They didn't start yelling at me for 'allowing them to tailgate'. They admitted what they were doing was stupid and vowed never to do it again.

Life isn't lived by a handbook, and sometimes, just maybe, people have to be responsible for the stupid things they do.... and sometimes what they say.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:12 AM

Charger SRT-8
2 twenty something girls in a Corolla..... about a foot from my bumper! I moved to the right to let them through. They pulled next to me, cell phone cameras firing, and waved hello. I waved back and then they moved in behind me. I changed lanes again..... and so did they.

I finally figured that I was going to have a tail, so I got back in the left lane and kept going, with my two happy Ferrari fans in tow. Sometimes these highway cruises can be boring, and I was beginning to drift off until the car in front of me moves over and gives me a surprise!
Tapping one's brakes in order to "let them know they are too close" is an exercise in stupidity, and really tells me much about the source. Pulling that stunt where I live is a great way to get shot.
Oh please. Right, by two 20-something girls. After you warn them and avoid a tire.

The reality of the 'cut and thrust' of what happens on the road is down to one's abilities as well as the car they are driving. I tried to open the gap on the girls, but they just kept accelerating faster. And if you remember, I also slowed down in order to shake them, but they were having nothing of it. They wanted to play with the guy in the Ferrari, so I just went on my way. Maybe you would have had me pull over and offer them lunch?

Was I closing on the car in front? Probably. But I wasn't using a slide rule to make calculations. I was too busy trying to keep an eye on the girls and then attempting to see around the car in front. The 'perfect storm' occurred when he moved to avoid the tire.
Funny how the story changes.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh please. Right, by two 20-something girls. After you warn them and avoid a tire.

Funny how the story changes.
The bong must be empty. Keep in mind that these are light stories on the internet and not meant to be a deposition, just some entertainment for enthusiasts, so I am not going to waste time arguing. Next time out I'll run some telemetry for accuracy.

If you are one of those characters who thinks that brake checking people instead of moving over is a good idea, that says it all.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 10-10-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Charger SRT-8
I'll keep in mind next time two girls smile, wave and take pictures of me they might be packing heat.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S600
WOW. This is really unaccepable. Dino is a great story teller and and an asset to this site. Duoche drives a chrysler product and is obviously jealous.After all this is "kill Stories" so someone needs to die or come close
Old 10-12-2010, 07:13 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
I'll keep in mind next time two girls smile, wave and take pictures of me they might be packing heat.
If you brake check someone where I am from I can guarantee at some point someone will pull you out of the car and beat the **** out of you like you deserve. You are not a cop, how fast someone is going on the road is none of your business. Either move over or shut your mouth. If you have a problem with the way someone is driving call 911.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:47 AM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by scarybary
WOW. This is really unaccepable. Dino is a great story teller and and an asset to this site. Duoche drives a chrysler product and is obviously jealous.After all this is "kill Stories" so someone needs to die or come close
You're delusional. The girls came close enough to dying. He knew giving them a surprise could result in tragedy.

By the way, "Kill Stories" are for racing, not how you purposely tried to teach someone a lesson that resulted in a loss of control.

Originally Posted by way2evil
If you brake check someone where I am from I can guarantee at some point someone will pull you out of the car and beat the **** out of you like you deserve. You are not a cop, how fast someone is going on the road is none of your business. Either move over or shut your mouth. If you have a problem with the way someone is driving call 911.
You're barking up the wrong tree. I guess driving 18,000 to over 22,000 miles a year for over 20 years I haven't been tailgated enough and no one has ever tried to beat me up.

For those too dense to comprehend the story, OP could have easily and lightly applied the brakes instead of setting them up for a lesson.

You don't like the feedback then don't post it.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-13-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
You're delusional. The girls came close enough to dying. He knew giving them a surprise could result in tragedy.

By the way, "Kill Stories" are for racing, not how you purposely tried to teach someone a lesson that resulted in a loss of control.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I guess driving 18,000 to over 22,000 miles a year for over 20 years I haven't been tailgated enough and no one has ever tried to beat me up.

For those too dense to comprehend the story, OP could have easily and lightly applied the brakes instead of setting them up for a lesson.

You don't like the feedback then don't post it.
Say the OP did easily apply the brakes. When a car is that far up your ***, brake lights are brake lights. They dont know how much you are slowing down until they get off your bumper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Challenge Stradale vs 2 Chicks and a Corolla