Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

For All you who want to see a M3 killed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For All you who want to see a M3 killed

1998 Eclipse GSX vs. E46 M3

http://sys12.cs.jmu.edu/hawleycj/vid...clipse_GSX.wmv

Friend of mine in the 1998 GSX stock engine in that video after the video got a fully built block, ported head with titanium valves and retainers cause if you don't know what that sound is its a new hole in the block.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
So that sound at the end isn't something falling out?
Old 12-10-2003, 12:42 PM

If you say your friend's DSM is totally stock, he wouldn't have lasted past 1/8 of a mile against an E46 M3. All AWD Mitsubishis start out like that and have great 60 foot times obviously because of the traction advantage. But show me a car magazine that has peeled off a 13.3 in a quarter mile test in a AWD Eclipse, totally stock... Maybe the driver sucked, wasn't trying, or the race was called off too early since it seems like it only went for 8 seconds or so. Is your friend's car totally stock?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by EuroCoupe
If you say your friend's DSM is totally stock, he wouldn't have lasted past 1/8 of a mile against an E46 M3. All AWD Mitsubishis start out like that and have great 60 foot times obviously because of the traction advantage. But show me a car magazine that has peeled off a 13.3 in a quarter mile test in a AWD Eclipse, totally stock... Maybe the driver sucked, wasn't trying, or the race was called off too early since it seems like it only went for 8 seconds or so. Is your friend's car totally stock?
I didn't say it was stock, I said
[i[]Originially posted by gsxawd[/i]
Friend of mine in the 1998 GSX stock engine
meaning the block hasn't been built the only thing done to the engine I believe was cams. He had a FP Green, Greddy FMIC, 660s, DSM Link, etc.

The M3 was trying. He is even inching up at the beginning.

Last edited by gsxawd; 12-10-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:38 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
i've seen this video before.....

were you the person taping? i remember the complete video of the driver and cameraman ripping on the m3 before lining up at the stop. the engine blew up. aren't there other video's of this with an aftermath of the engine?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:45 PM

yeah the video is pretty old but you guys didn't have it posted here so I thought I would. When I came here to check out the infamous thread you guys have now.

No i wasn't video taping it was another one of our friends. There are a few other versions of the video the one most people saw with the commentary and stuff wasn't suppose to make it out but he showed it to a few people and it got out. There is also an aftermath video of when they took the car apart. I can post that if you guys are interested.

Yeah he says M3s are slow when they see it but I mean he is just joking around cause the DSM they are in is making around 400 AWHP so they know they are going to beat it. Obviously M3s are incredible cars.
Old 12-11-2003, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things
I remember this video. The Eclipse's engine shot a rod or something and got destroyed. Thats what you hear at the end of the video.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:13 AM

1994 E420
Soooo, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the GSX the one that gets "killed" I would consider blowing up a pretty good kill. Reminds me of.....

Inexpensive
Fast
Reliable

You can only pick two.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by Capital
Soooo, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the GSX the one that gets "killed" I would consider blowing up a pretty good kill. Reminds me of.....

Inexpensive
Fast
Reliable

You can only pick two.
Hmm..too bad with Ferraris and such, you only get one. (Starts with and "f."
And, aren't Supras all 3?

That M3 seems reaaalllly slow.