Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs IS300 TurboooooooOooo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Economics also taught me to figure the price of my time, both business time and family time. I'd rather pay someone to work on my car and spend that time either on my business or with my family. Besides, before an airfilter needs changing I usually trade it in. Some like it old, some like it new.

I think its great you can replace an intake and heads but who cares?
What do you mean, who cares!? There not a lot of people who can change headers and oil for star ships and pod racers! Damn it- he has the right to brag.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
How embarassing!!! 80+ for the Benz and it gets completely wiped out by a car less than half its cost. That d-bag in the video driving the E55 actually thought he had a chance! For 80 grand I'd expect to beat alot of the cars on the road too I guess....at least the slower ones.....

The d-bag driving was me. I knew I never had a chance, Chris (IS300) and Duy (Supra) are freinds of mine and we knew what was going to happen before hand I guess you have never heard of having a little fun. The car will be getting renntech and an eisman exhaust next week and we will hopefully get another vid just to see how it does with the new mods. FYI the black vw GTI in that vid is just about dead even with the E55 we didn't get a chance to line up for the vid. As far as tuscans raiders ignorant comments a true enthusiast doesn't care what he gets beat by, a fast car is a fast car and i'm not going to lose sleep over being beat by two incredibly well built cars. I've had my toy cars before but i'm happy getting into my E55 and knowing it will start everyday unlike other projects ive had

Last edited by bmoores; 01-07-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by Lexani
At the end of the day, I drive home the Mercedes, and he drives home the Toyota. Or Dodge. Or Ford.
1. Kind of condescending, don't you think? I've said this statement myself at times. Sometimes its all you have. After a night at the track getting beat by turbo Neons, or Trans-Ams it gets frustrating. On the drive home when some ricer in a 02 Civic blows by your 04 SL 500 and you can't catch him its a little embarassing, and somewhat frustrating I'll agree. This is when you can pull out the old "At least I drive a Mercedes" line. It makes you feel a little better.
What frustrates me is that cars like Neons, Civics, Mustangs, & Camaros can be modded so cheaply and slap down a C55 time and time again.

2. PepBoys and NAPA stereotypes don't work in NJ.

3. LeMans racing? Do you watch NASCAR too? Lets talk about racing that 99% of the people can relate to and easily participate in. Unfortunately for you, it is racing in a straight line. Either at the track or at the stop lights. In this case the old Dodge Dart, Charger, Firebird, IROC, 'Vette, with some cheap mods is all you need. Racing around twisted mountain roads should be left for Gallo wine commercials. Who the **** does that anyway?

4. If you really do want to out corner a Ferrari or a Lambo, you can now buy the Ford GT.

5. We are better than everyone because at the end of the day we have MB's.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:13 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
[QUOTE=Iron Sheik][QUOTE=Lexani]
Ferrari F50 Twin Turbo

power output:
850 hp / 625 kw at 7.200 rpm, 800 nm at 6.500 rpm, max rpm 8.500; 1,47 kg/HP !!!, booster for power-regulation from 600–850 hp

performance:
0-100 km/h 3,0 sec.
0-200 km/h 8,4 sec.
standing 1/4 mile 8,0 sec.
top speed 380 km/h

Koenig.

Is it me or is something wrong with this data?
0-200 km in 8.4, yet the standing 1/4 mile is 8.0 second.
Shouldn't this car be trapping WAY over 200 km/h (125 mph) with a 1/4 mile speed of 8.0 seconds? Maybe somewhere around 160 mph or 260 km/h?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Iron Sheik
My guess is that is is pure BS, that company is mostly talk and no proof.

They have been in the buisiness of totaly destroying cars for a long long time......
Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
This is how i feel about the situation. If you beat my big bad merc then fine, follow me home and ill bring out my Shelby GT500, thats what i would do if i had money to burn. If that doesnt work then you pull out the Diablo, or the F40/50. If that doesnt work, then you gotta pull out the mclaren and go from a 100 roll.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"1. Kind of condescending, don't you think? I've said this statement myself at times. Sometimes its all you have. After a night at the track getting beat by turbo Neons, or Trans-Ams it gets frustrating. On the drive home when some ricer in a 02 Civic blows by your 04 SL 500 and you can't catch him its a little embarassing, and somewhat frustrating I'll agree. This is when you can pull out the old "At least I drive a Mercedes" line. It makes you feel a little better.
What frustrates me is that cars like Neons, Civics, Mustangs, & Camaros can be modded so cheaply and slap down a C55 time and time again."

Think? Me? I tend not to think, it gets me in trouble, you see? Money, buying a car, as I have said, you not only buy the engine, and the name- you buy craftsmanship. And if buying a 5K Honda Civic, and put 100K into it, is your goal- so be it. Fix it every other day, jump start it every other day. I don't care, if my SL500 loses, hell I've lost to a Z28 Camaro before, and now before you am admitting it, but what you fail to see, is that my life is not over- where as if one of your Rustangs loses- you die. Wake up friend, and relize, its not about being the fastest. Its also about rolling with style- and sorry to say, a 02 civic, with stickers, and a 10 inch exhaust pipe- just dont cut it.

"2. PepBoys and NAPA stereotypes don't work in NJ. "

Hey, yeah. Nice response. Dumbass. That was not that point. Go to ANY car repair shop, Im sure NJ is bound to have one or two.

"3. LeMans racing? Do you watch NASCAR too? Lets talk about racing that 99% of the people can relate to and easily participate in. Unfortunately for you, it is racing in a straight line. Either at the track or at the stop lights. In this case the old Dodge Dart, Charger, Firebird, IROC, 'Vette, with some cheap mods is all you need. Racing around twisted mountain roads should be left for Gallo wine commercials. Who the **** does that anyway?"

Hate to inform you, but uh, NASCAR, and Le Mans, are actually two very different thing. Based on the same goal- yet played with different rules. See, Le Mans, actually has TRUE sports cars, whereas NASCAR, has a BS engine that blows the second time around, and looks like cr@p, BTW. And yes- lets go to the "Who the **** races on a track?" Excuse that American Muscle idiots always seem to relate too. I live next to mountains, and if you must know, I do race there every once in awhile, going to Big Bear, is a long trip, but not a 100. Put my SL500 (you know the one that gets blow away by a civic), and put it on a mountain road, next to a 900 HP Charger, and I gaurentte you- SL500, wins hands down, everytime. Maybe 1/4 mile times, should be left to red-necks and hillys who drag their Rustang behind their trailer to the track.

"4. If you really do want to out corner a Ferrari or a Lambo, you can now buy the Ford GT."

Haha. Please, check Enzo times on the Nurburgring, and than check the Ford GT, and while your at it, check the Lamborhgini Murcielago RGT.

"5. We are better than everyone because at the end of the day we have MB's."

Agreed.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmoores
The d-bag driving was me. I knew I never had a chance, Chris (IS300) and Duy (Supra) are freinds of mine and we knew what was going to happen before hand I guess you have never heard of having a little fun. The car will be getting renntech and an eisman exhaust next week and we will hopefully get another vid just to see how it does with the new mods. FYI the black vw GTI in that vid is just about dead even with the E55 we didn't get a chance to line up for the vid. As far as tuscans raiders ignorant comments a true enthusiast doesn't care what he gets beat by, a fast car is a fast car and i'm not going to lose sleep over being beat by two incredibly well built cars. I've had my toy cars before but i'm happy getting into my E55 and knowing it will start everyday unlike other projects ive had
My apologies, on his behalf, I started this, and therfor take blame. Sorry.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
My guess is that is is pure BS, that company is mostly talk and no proof.

They have been in the buisiness of totaly destroying cars for a long long time......
Nope! I actually have seen the Ferrari F50 video. Twin Turbo, it sounds so beautiful.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:52 PM

My apologies, on his behalf, I started this, and therfor take blame. Sorry.

Its all in good fun. I too have see the twin turbo F50 video and it is one of the most insane sounding cars i have ever heard.

edit: i have a buddy sending me the vid of the twin turbo F50 i will post it as soon as i get it lexani.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its all in good fun. I too have see the twin turbo F50 video and it is one of the most insane sounding cars i have ever heard.

edit: i have a buddy sending me the vid of the twin turbo F50 i will post it as soon as i get it lexani.
, If you have that F50, your king of the road. Literally, nothing will stop you. SL65, SLR, Murcielago, Enzo, McLaren, Carrera GT, Charger (w/1000p), and drawing a blank. Nothing. That is the ultimate road warrior! Can't wait to see that video again.

Oh, I must ask, what are the times for that IS Lexus? Supra, had some guts, to beat that E55, heck an SLR has a hard time with it. (see that Video? The SLR had to break a little more than a sweat to catch the E55!) When you and the Supra were racing, how come he did not pull away like crazy, you guys where head to head for some time?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:15 PM

, If you have that F50, your king of the road. Literally, nothing will stop you. SL65, SLR, Murcielago, Enzo, McLaren, Carrera GT, Charger (w/1000p), and drawing a blank. Nothing. That is the ultimate road warrior! Can't wait to see that video again.

Oh, I must ask, what are the times for that IS Lexus? Supra, had some guts, to beat that E55, heck an SLR has a hard time with it. (see that Video? The SLR had to break a little more than a sweat to catch the E55!) When you and the Supra were racing, how come he did not pull away like crazy, you guys where head to head for some time?
The IS went to the track when it had 540 at the wheels and had major traction problems and was only running low 12's. The reason the supra didnt pull any harder is because that particular clip was cut a bit short that and he had close to no traction at that speed lol.

For all the non believers: Twin turbo F50, Right click, Save as
Old 01-07-2005, 10:04 PM

ML350 '06
Niiiiice Video! We need more like these!

Some damn quick cars out there!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
The IS went to the track when it had 540 at the wheels and had major traction problems and was only running low 12's. The reason the supra didnt pull any harder is because that particular clip was cut a bit short that and he had close to no traction at that speed lol.

For all the non believers: Twin turbo F50, Right click, Save as
Thanks for the video!
What was the trap speed of the IS at the track when it ran low 12? Must have been 125++mph.?1?
With 640 rwhp, I believe the trap speed should be in the low to mid 130 mph, right?

Iron Sheik
Old 01-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
i dont think they kept the 2Jz in the IS models. I though it was the newer engine. Let me look it up really quickly.

Ok this is what i found out with a few clicks. If the IS300 is the 2JZ engine then its slightly detuned, i always thought the american version did not get this engine but a different version. I think maybe the Altezza (jap spec version) does get the 2J.
see the HP ratings are different. Why would they drop HP from an older vehicle?

who knows, it is lexus. To make such an ugly vehicle imo to follow the old SC Models.
the old supra had a 2jz-gte
the is300 has a 2jz-ge
the japanese spec altezza has a 2 liter turbo engine

the two engines are the same inline 6, the old supra's t designation means it was turbocharged and the newer is300 motor is no longer turboed. that is why the hp numbers dropped. the 2jz-ge is used in the sc300, gs300, and is300
Old 01-08-2005, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Iron Sheik
Thanks for the video!
What was the trap speed of the IS at the track when it ran low 12? Must have been 125++mph.?1?
With 640 rwhp, I believe the trap speed should be in the low to mid 130 mph, right?

Iron Sheik
At the track the car hadn't been tuned out and running about 540 to the wheels traps were mid 120's
Old 01-08-2005, 03:54 AM

Nope! I actually have seen the Ferrari F50 video. Twin Turbo, it sounds so beautiful.

I have seen it to, and lots of his other creations.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350

there are 2 things that could stop it. A Maca F1, or a Callayway Sledgehammer Corvette, and maybe the Koenigsegg CC8R, and maybe the million dollar Bugatti Veyron 16VR i think its 16VR or 16R.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

there are 2 things that could stop it. A Maca F1, or a Callayway Sledgehammer Corvette, and maybe the Koenigsegg CC8R, and maybe the million dollar Bugatti Veyron 16VR i think its 16VR or 16R.
Nope. I don't believe anyone of those vehicles mentioned, could break the 8-second 1/4 mile. The Veyron's 0-180 in 13 might be enough though. Maybe.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Nope. I don't believe anyone of those vehicles mentioned, could break the 8-second 1/4 mile. The Veyron's 0-180 in 13 might be enough though. Maybe.

The F50 does a 8 second qaurter mile? that would make it the fastest street legal car then. Right now the fastest car on street legal car on top end is still the sledgehammer corvette.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
http://www.fast-autos.net/koenig/koenigf50.html
Old 01-09-2005, 07:09 AM

:v We have discussed this before havent we

The Veyron will not in a million years get close to that 0-180 mph in 13 sec..........
Old 01-09-2005, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

http://www.koenig-specials.com/
Ferrari
F50

I figure this one is telling the turth. Think about it- Fast-autos has nothing to lose, by posting false numbers, Koenig however, could and would be sued for False Advertisement.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
:v We have discussed this before havent we

The Veyron will not in a million years get close to that 0-180 mph in 13 sec..........

Are you sure? Why you little- person, you. :p
Old 01-09-2005, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
The problem i have with that F50 though is has one ever been made to run 8 seconds? If so it would make the F50 the fastest street legal car. beating that viper.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The problem i have with that F50 though is has one ever been made to run 8 seconds? If so it would make the F50 the fastest street legal car. beating that viper.
Lets add all the elements in such an equation, shall we?

For the Ferrari F50 Twin Turbo
Super light car + a lot of power= X

for the Dodge Viper Hennessey
Insane amount of power+ heavier vehicle= X

The Viper wieghs 3300lbs. While the Ferrari F50 weighs in at: 2700, so you do the math. I assume weight has a lot to do with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs IS300 TurboooooooOooo