M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Any recommendation for an aftermarket park distance control system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500
Any recommendation for an aftermarket park distance control system?

My dealer in Maryland (Herb Gordon) said they can't add the OEM system to my 2002 ML500
Old 10-29-2005, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by kenfried
My dealer in Maryland (Herb Gordon) said they can't add the OEM system to my 2002 ML500
No offense, but learn to park. PDC is a WASTE of money, something that women buy.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
This may or may not help you but here is a link to it on another forum:
http://mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread...231160&posts=8
If you do a search on it you will find a lot of information.

Oh and welcome.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:01 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz SL500 & 2009 E350 4Matic Wagon
Red face Parktronic/Back Up Sensor

I will disagree, while I am not a woman, I did purchase an after-market back up sensor for our ML320. It was easy to install and it works like a champ. There is a very small readout that is mounted in the center of the dash at the windsheild and four sensors in the rear bumper. I think I paid around a $100 or so for it on E-bay. If you are interested, I will go back in my records and see if I can find the E-bay dealer's name that I purchased it from? There readout gives you lighted bar as well as shound warnings for the left and right seperately as well as a distance in feet for the center of the car. I have measured it using our closed garage door and it is right on the money. It gives you that little extra confidence when you are trying to park in a really, really short parking space; and also when there might be small children behind you that are not otherwise visable -- so there, it can be used to great advantage even by men!!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
Originally Posted by 2mbusa
I will disagree, while I am not a woman, I did purchase an after-market back up sensor for our ML320. It was easy to install and it works like a champ. There is a very small readout that is mounted in the center of the dash at the windsheild and four sensors in the rear bumper. I think I paid around a $100 or so for it on E-bay. If you are interested, I will go back in my records and see if I can find the E-bay dealer's name that I purchased it from? There readout gives you lighted bar as well as shound warnings for the left and right seperately as well as a distance in feet for the center of the car. I have measured it using our closed garage door and it is right on the money. It gives you that little extra confidence when you are trying to park in a really, really short parking space; and also when there might be small children behind you that are not otherwise visable -- so there, it can be used to great advantage even by men!!
Yes I would very much like and greatly appreciate the dealer info for the product that you got
Old 10-30-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by 2mbusa
Waste of cash in my eyes . I never tap any other cars, Its always my bumper being tapped and riden on by other inexperianced parallel parkers
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Waste of cash in my eyes . I never tap any other cars, Its always my bumper being tapped and riden on by other inexperianced parallel parkers
go buy some light bulbs, lol. The way you see his parking sensor as a waste, some people see our ML55s as a waste of cash
Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz SL500 & 2009 E350 4Matic Wagon
Smile Backup Sensor on e-Bay

Ken,

Boy did we upset your ML55 friend -- can't imigne why he would be so obsesed with people spending their own money on a backup sensor; maybe he needs a winter garden or something to take up his idle time?

Anyway, try this seller on e-Bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...09765568QQrdZ1 If that does not work, go to e-Bay and search for item 8009765568, and good luck. If you need some help let me know. The most complicated part was finding an open place on the rear plastic bumper that did not have steel behind it -- if needed maybe I could e-mail you a picture of my installation?

Last edited by 2mbusa; 11-02-2005 at 11:47 PM.