M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by STi_JL
HAHA, you guys crack me up so much, lol
I like how you guys complaing so much about my car, and trying to act like you care about my safety and the chrome wearing out ect, when truly you just despise in my way of modding my car, cause im not doing the right way, cause im not buying authentic amg parts, and cause im not " doing what you guys are doing".

The amg badge for ex," its not a engine badge HAHA, dont worry, i dont intend to put that on my engine, it simply came with the pedals.

And btw, I love the looks of that pedal, like it iway better than the stock AMG ones without the aka emblem.. In fact im sure alot of ppl on this forum has them too..
either brabus amg or carlsson or lorinser pedals. and all it is is the same pedals BUT different logo.

Im sorry i cant meet your style of modding my car. because i simply buy ebay stuff.
The most important thing and concern you should ALL worry about is when your ML is going to fail. im sure we all encounter that problem or expect it.

My mods my style and my way of modding the car is simply how i like it, and i think before i buy it. i like it and it looks nice then i buy it.
You should all worry about your own car and and keep your negative opinions to yourself, because the truth is this, " I LIVE IN BC" YOU WILL NEVER SEE MY CAR =P am i right?

the only time you will see my car is when i post it up on the forum, which somehting i dont intend to do anymore, because i jsut realize Most ML owners on this forum that are posting 24/7 are also members who are haters, flammers, and nothing but a downer. Not everyone like the way you mod your cars. Have you ever wonder you did modded your car with something and someone comes and start flaming on what you did, but you clearly think that it looks nice and at the same time your having doubts about it.
Well, to be honest, im not like you, i dont get convinced or get persuade into YOUR style of modding.

Because here are the list of ITEMS i can easily correct if anything does happen to it.
Pedals: i dont intend to drive fast enough or be gasing and breaking all the time to slip on the pedals, and worse comes to worse ILL TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT HAPPENS
Chrome handles: IF THEY PEEL I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF LOL
Chrome strips: I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT PEELS.
AMG STEERING WHEEL: THEY LOOKS NICE TO ME..

Chrome handles, Honesly that is simply just a personal opinion, I cant stand the black, so therefore i will get chrome covers, cause they look better. LoL

"I dont wear the same cloths you wear, so why do i have to mod my car like you do"

the only thing your all pissed off about is the AMG badge plate right?? lol
Ill put it on just for you.
Be reasonable, use some logic and critical thinking. Dont give opinions and cant support it.
when clearly all your opinion is just a personal thought.

im sure alot of members on the forum uses Ebay chrome handles, "victorious" until he painted them. i dont see you guys flamming them haha, its because his car is so nice right? all modded up and looks many times better then all of yours. Nothing to complaints to that.

Ps, your M3 pedals, you use clutch and gas and brake so much and costant thats why you slip. I dont need to do heel toe, double cluth, ect. all i need to do it brake and gas. and I was doing that With straight metal pedals for the past month. because i took off the stock pedals, and im pretty good at controlling that.

And as for "Hanniep" i sense some discrimination there? No AMG engine no amg badge?
So much for being open minded... OOOOOO big deal you have a AMG and " i dont like other ML's trying to copy my car, and putting badges that dont belong, because im scared that theyll disgrace me".

For all of you Haters that are replying to my thread that I made, to help others, that this i what i accomplished and where, aka being a helpful source. you can simply make your own thread and show what you got, and if you get good feedbacks then great. show off what you have big boys. I dont mean to disgrace your 55s with my 320, thats why ill always keep my emblem in the rear, to remind people that im not your kind.. lol

People on this forum is worse than ppl, on the honda forum or revscene haha. act like little kids, despising other peoples mods and cars.
I thought this forum was to communicate, and not start war over internet.

To Stiggs: i read on the other forum that you wanted a exaust...
I have an idea for your ml 430...
GO with carlsson, or maybe even Brabus, DONT CHEAP OUT MAN!!!!!! dont go with magnaflow, they rust. You have to go with the 2000dollar brands.. trust me bro.
Honestly man brabus lorinser or carlsson. i dont want you to be a hypocrite and eventually getting flamed by other user. ...
DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL, STICK WITH STOCK. best way to go, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

all of you should mind your own business man. at least keep your negative opinions to yourself. I dont wear your clothes, dont have the same type interest and most importantly, WE DO NOT DRIVE THE SAME CAR,, you all either have a 55 or a 430.
Hopefully you all get my point and learn to grow up, and most importantly just because one person say no, doesnt me everyone has to follow.

here is some child logical common sense lesson for the haters, ]
im sure you all heard this before and if you havent , then hear this now, and if you still dont get it, then you wont go far with life.

"If the AMGs drove off a bridge, is it right that all the other 55s or 430s maybe even the entire ML class drive off the same bridge, because the big boss AMG said so."
Im using a metaphor.... "

"If i was to rely and get persuade/convinced to everyones decision, then my life must be as dependent as new born duck. "

"Most of the US NATION voted Obama because he was black, not because what he was Actually capable of, and obviously every african american citizen who never vote, had finally voted. only because the rest of the african americans were voting for obama, more than half dont even know politics, they simply voted for him cause everyone else was"
And same does for mcain, most ppl voted for mc cain cause they were racist to afican american."

you see all im trying to say is simply, people gets persuade into doing things that they dont even know what is right or wrong, and to me your persuading me into change my way of modding my car because you think thats right, and so does the rest of your little friends on the forum. I am old enough to make my own decision in whats right of wrong, whats looks good or what looks bad.... If I dont need you to choose my Girlfriend, then i dont need you to say what looks good and what doesnt on my car.

DONE! =p
First off... you dont want our opinions, stop posting here... As for Vik's truck? I think when he posted the chrome handles we told him we didnt like em either... I have seen his car up close and its pretty bad ***... he didnt really cheap out on parts ANYWHERE.

Now Im going to guess you are a young kid, between 18-22? You are too sensitive and from your jibberjabbering above its obvious you're an angry person in life. You jump from driving your car off a bridge and wanting us to follow, to clothes, to why Obama was elected. It sounds pretty nonsensical.

you want to know what my ML looks like? blacked out windows, 3000k HID fogs, 6000k hid bulbs, an aftermarket AMG badge(Stainless steel, etched), aftermarket illuminated door sills, and a pretty descent stereo system, lowered with H&R lowering springs and deleted my roof racks... ANNNNND I also painted my stock black with chrome strip grill to resemble the newer style grill

man if you go nuts like this when someone says they dont like something you did on your truck you must go absolutely ape ***** when something else in life doesnt work out your way...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
If you put anything that is nonfunctional on an ML320 that says AMG you are a tool. Period, end of sentence. About the only thing that I could give you a pass on was if you installed AMG brakes and then AMG wheels for the proper space tolerance. AMG wheels alone? tool. Fake EBAY AMG stickers and badges with no function at all? Super tool.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Damn that AMG badge is sweet man! Congrats!!!! One question though... where are the AMG parts? p.s. I especially love them stock 16's son. Keep it gangster yo! Or is it "gangsta"? So hard to keep up.

p.p.s. to your response: tl,dr,dc,poser.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Ouch......this is one harsh beat down.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163
wow? i thought this had ended, i guess not.. honestly.
This internet flamming, thing is really not my thing, acting like you guys dissing people online, thats great, one day it will get you into something.
ya, you know, its great your showing your car off and stuff, (ONLINE)
try talking that kind of smack, and acting all Hardcore off line to someone else that would actutally get offended and see what happens to your car or you.

honestly , i really dont care what you guys all say, you live in boston, i live in BC, we are basically 2 diff world, But im sure if you were here in BC, you would act more mature....
maybe learn some respect or even something you shoudl of been taught by your parents.

POINTMAn :16inch wheels,,, WOOOOOOO BIG DEAL BUDDIE, Its still winter here GANGSTER!! theres salt on the road, and rain rain rain , Used some common sense, and think before you say, I cant go on all day.
O ya, and forgot, ITS 17s stock, do your homework, if your gonna join the immature club and diss me. =]

Bring the Whole Forum on this thread you guys!!!!!!!!! hahaha,Grow up,
and just DROP IT ???

And its funny, you got all those HR grills done up ect, No offence i dont like the new style Grill IMOH, thought about it, but no, doesnt match the old style ML at all..
And btw your car is not a new ML style body, so dont try to copy it..Hypocrit,.
what else, umm...

Since i call the end to this non sense and continious lack of maturity by bunch of members driving Benz and cant live up to its class. The next person that actually replys to this thread about this whole IMOH"" thing, should really just stop, and think about what you are arguing for?
are you trying to defend your ML CLASS, or AMG, or trying to give opinions to someone who really doesnt give a **** , cause ill tell you right now,. i really dont give a **** about your opinions or thoguhts..

Im pretty sure that solves the whole conversation doesnt it?? Cause if it doesnt. that you totally lost the whole point of this thread, or whyy were are arguing,....
And simply this is getting personal for some of you guys. and its great your all working together to gain on one guys,, im proud of your team work. and what else..

O ya, keep your opinions to your self, and stuff. if you still dont get what im trying to say then hired a english tutor.

Im out PEACE my fellow Americans,

Rememeber, this =thread is over, dont continue replying, cause if you do, that just pretty much proves your really immature and need to grow up..

I call the quits lol, happy?? Lets all move on with our lives..
Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This internet flamming, thing is really not my thing, acting like you guys dissing people online, thats great, one day it will get you into something.
try talking that kind of smack, and acting all Hardcore off line to someone else that would actutally get offended and see what happens to your car or you.

honestly , i really dont care what you guys all say, you live in boston, i live in BC, we are basically 2 diff world, But im sure if you were here in BC, you would act more mature....
maybe learn some respect or even something you shoudl of been taught by your parents.

POINTMAn :16inch wheels,,, WOOOOOOO BIG DEAL BUDDIE, Its still winter here GANGSTER!! theres salt on the road, and rain rain rain , Used some common sense, and think before you say, I cant go on all day.
O ya, and forgot, ITS 17s stock, do your homework, if your gonna join the immature club and diss me. =]

and just DROP IT ???

And its funny, you got all those HR grills done up ect, No offence i dont like the new style Grill IMOH, thought about it, but no, doesnt match the old style ML at all..
what else, umm...

Since i call the end to this non sense and continious lack of maturity by bunch of members driving Benz and cant live up to its class. The next person that actually replys to this thread about this whole IMOH"" thing, should really just stop, and think about what you are arguing for?
are you trying to defend your ML CLASS, or AMG, or trying to give opinions to someone who really doesnt give a **** , cause ill tell you right now,. i really dont give a **** about your opinions or thoguhts..

Im pretty sure that solves the whole conversation doesnt it?? Cause if it doesnt. that you totally lost the whole point of this thread, or whyy were are arguing,....
And simply this is getting personal for some of you guys. and its great your all working together to gain on one guys,, im proud of your team work. and what else..

O ya, keep your opinions to your self, and stuff. if you still dont get what im trying to say then hired a english tutor.

Rememeber, this =thread is over, dont continue replying, cause if you do, that just pretty much proves your really immature and need to grow up..

Originally Posted by pointman
p.p.s. to your response: tl,dr,dc,poser.
See above Little Buddy. Thanks.

Please link me to that AMG badge on ebay. I have a Big Wheel that needs to rock one of them badges yo.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
You see those people laughing in the other car at the stop sign? Yep, they're laughing at you and your silly fake mods. You probably also don't have a problem with your fake watch, fake sunglasses, and the fake handbag you gave your GF. Unless you're an even bigger poser who goes for the original sunglasses to go with the fake suitcase and fake AMG.

Last edited by Nola; 02-22-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I drove by an ML320 with AMG badges on it once....slowed down, pulled right next to him, laughed, nailed it, and left him in some nice, *real* AMG fumes.

Posing is for losers. And it's not going to impress anyone: people who don't know what an AMG is could care less, and those who do will know it's a phony. It's a classic lose/lose situation. Might as well stick a Rolls Royce hood ornament on there with little "RR" crome badges front and rear.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
STi, don't listen to the haters. They are all jealous of what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work.
I think you should go ahead with the ML32 badge. It would be cool, and would serve to emphasize that you have a one of a kind, unlike the haters here.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
STi, don't listen to the haters. They are all jealous of what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work.
I think you should go ahead with the ML32 badge. It would be cool, and would serve to emphasize that you have a one of a kind, unlike the haters here.
I dunno, I thought the Rolls Royce leaper ornament on the hood would look waaay cool.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55

and just DROP IT ???

what else, umm...

I think if you lose the chrome door handles and the AMG plaque then everything will be cool.
Oh well.......I guess no road trip to see some Canadian strippers.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 PM

02 W163
i give up , this is seriously going no where?????

Last edited by STi_JL; 02-23-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 PM

02 W163
And i like how everyone is judging ME personally jsut because i posted a simply AMG plaque hahahahaha.

I dont car much about my exterior of the car, and dont plan on paying grands for the looks.
I like to do DYI that still looks nice, if i havent seen it on another car i wouldnt do it.

Chrome handles,(i really really like it) it bring out the look of the car alot, and looks way better than black., IMHO

Tinted lights( tell me you dont liket that)
DIY Front grill ML500 ( i compared it side by side LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME) if you say that looks ugly and im posing,then i have no comment to that.

My hood and trunk emblem. I really like the AFFALTERBACH style emblem. looks really nice and vintage and i always wanted that style.
I have HID FOGS/ Headlight
DIY LED UNDERGLOW. WHITE
stobelights
LED licience plate lgihts
All i need is rims.

Interior: LED Interior, JVC indash, JL Audio W3v3, 250/1 amp, MB Quarts Crossover, MB quartz speakers front and rear, MB quarts tweeters,

And im waiting on the Head rest monitor.
and Illuminated doorsills ( Merceds benz LOGO dont worry)

There somethings that are wroth spending money on(audio and electronic, lights, and engine parts)
and tehre some that are stupid to just get the worth authentic when the fake looks so much better. Emblem, Pedals.

To the MODERATOR: Thanks for the support, no i never planned to the ML32, or put a AMG badge beside it.... I know that beyond posing if i do.
Infact I say a white ML320 did that.. he put " ML - AMG ". If i was to do anything like that, i would just shave my emblem all off..
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
IMPROVIS:: So your saying IM a LOSER???
If you're putting AMG badges on a non-AMG vehicle, well, yes. In addition to being a poseur. An ML320 is not an AMG. So, if you're putting AMG badges on a vehicle which is not an AMG, then you're trying to pass the vehicle off as something it is not.

Which would make you both a poseur *and* a loser in my book.

if you really want to deal with this, come to Van BC. and PM me when your here. then Call me a loser, and whatever else you want to say. alright?
Sure, I'll look you up, no problem. I'm sure you're a big tough guy, just like all of the other big tough internet guys out there, lol. Just don't sick your lizard on me, now!!

Dont get all personal calling people losers. Choose the right words if you intend to diss someone. Poser, wannabe all that stuff(go ahead and say it. i wouldnt care) but by calling me a loser????
That straight personal buddie, if you really want to , come to Vancouver and tell me that alright ??? Im not trying to start beef or acting immature on the forum. But something like that you said, its straight up personal.
Ohh, stop, you're scaring me. Please, no, don't....I'm terrified. I'm sure you could take Bruce Lee, Mike Tyson, all of 'em...excuse me while I flee to Mexico under an assumed name.

You know, this forum would be a much better place if we could card people and keep all of these juveniles out.

Last edited by Improviz; 02-23-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 AM

02 W163
no offence buddie, but you drive a Cls, should you be in the otehr forum ??
and btw im simply saying, Dont call me a loser? and yes, i get offended of that, so one thing or another, if your taking this personal then so am i .

and if you really want this argument to go on then lets keep it going. other wise. you shoudl go back to the other thread,

ANd btw, this forum would be much better if ppl would actually mind there own business??
stick to there forum.. right now, your starting ****, this has nothing to do with you ... this is between Stiggs and I, which we both agreed that is resolve? and as for
55 fanatic, i believe, if he would want this to end i would too.

so, maybe your right, they should keep juveniles out of this forum, and also keep haters,, flamers, and ppl who are obvsiouily trying to get into others ppls business by adding dumb comments.

Do you agree or what? you notice that this has already ended???
Old 02-23-2009, 02:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

I am actually enjoying this, we have a thread in off topic about threads just like this... but ok I'll be nice... its over AS LONG AS you take off the AMG badge, Chrome door handles, and now LED UNDERGLOWS!!! HOLY RICE BATMAN... Why dont you instead of the AMG badge... get the Mercedes Benz front window Production decal

AND ITS DIY... not DYI... Do It Yourself!!!

Spend your money how you would like... when you post pictures of your car up and ask for opinions... be prepared to accept that some people might not like what you have done... and for some items... IE AMG badge, people are VERY strongly against...

Last edited by 55fanatic; 02-23-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 AM

02 W163
honestly, the amg badge, thing, wasnt going on my window area, engine ect all that,
they came with the pedals when i bought it.
and im not gonna put it on my car, cause it actually wasnt what i expected when it came.
I just wanted to **** you guys off cause you were all hating HAha

But, seriously Chrome handles are staying on, no offence or anything, cause i actually like it. like i said i cant stand Black. everything likes it also when i showed it to them ..
yes i know it looses the touch ect. but it looks better IMHO

as for the LED underglow, they only turn on with the dome light, i dont intend to drive with it....

its actually pretty nice, cause when i unlock my car, the HID fogs 8000k turn on and LED interior turn on and the underglow goes on with it, so it all matches together...

i was planning to do brabus puddle light replica, but i have bad experience with it before, where it blows out...

Tell you the truth, im acutally liking this arguement also. but as more and more members are hating against me only specifically, about the same issue, i gave up in trying to explain.
yes i know it DIY, i keep typing too fast,.

Ill get some pictures of the LED underglow, that works ONLY WITH THE DOME LIGHT lol.
maybe you would change your mind.. like i said, my car is all show no go.
im gonna make make it to a show car soon hopefully,.(interior wise)
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
stick to there forum.. right now, your starting ****, this has nothing to do with you ... this is between Stiggs and I, which we both agreed that is resolve? and as for
Don't drag me into the mud pit. LOL

Did you really give your lizard mouth to mouth? Oh man thats nasty!
Of course if I could give my lizard mouth to mouth I'd never leave the house.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
AMG badges on an ML320= Toolbag. Any way you put it.

How many more times is this kid going to say he's not posting in this thread anymore?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
AMG badges on an ML320= Toolbag. Any way you put it.

How many more times is this kid going to say he's not posting in this thread anymore?
I dunno but I'm actually getting a kick out of it... These mods would have been more fitting for most of the new W203 crowd...

Seriously, I think the 3 series fan boys are coming over to the three pointed star
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OP, please learn the proper use of a question mark. Thanks. Also...tl,dr,dc.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 PM

02 W163
Im down to keep this thread alive =]
Im having fun also. For once there is a thread that is continious for the ML forum..lol

GO fake amg badges- cylinder head = BMW Forum buddie

Pointman- i dont get what u are trying to say
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
no offence buddie, but you drive a Cls, should you be in the otehr forum ??
and btw im simply saying, Dont call me a loser? and yes, i get offended of that, so one thing or another, if your taking this personal then so am i .
I don't care how you take it. You asked for opinions, people gave them. And my opinion is that anyone who pretends their vehicle is something that it isn't is a poseur and a loser.

If this includes you, or if it doesn't, so be it. But slapping an AMG badge on a non-AMG car is a joke.

and if you really want this argument to go on then lets keep it going. other wise. you shoudl go back to the other thread,
I'll post where, and when, I like, thank you very much.

ANd btw, this forum would be much better if ppl would actually mind there own business??
You made it everyone's business, when you posted it in a public forum.

so, maybe your right, they should keep juveniles out of this forum, and also keep haters,, flamers, and ppl who are obvsiouily trying to get into others ppls business by adding dumb comments.

Do you agree or what? you notice that this has already ended???
Um, no, actually, I haven't, namely because you keep posting page-long incoherant rants that are as offensive to the English language as slapping an AMG badge on an ML320 is to AMG owners.

Anyway, I've posted my opinion and you've responded with your rants, no need to spend any more time watching this little trainwreck. I see the Honda Civic tuner crowd has moved up into the Benz world. Woo-hoo....

Last edited by Improviz; 02-23-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM

02 W163
Originally Posted by Improviz
I don't care how you take it. You asked for opinions, people gave them. And my opinion is that anyone who pretends their vehicle is something that it isn't is a poseur and a loser.

If this includes you, or if it doesn't, so be it. But slapping an AMG badge on a non-AMG car is a joke.

I'll post where, and when, I like, thank you very much.

You made it everyone's business, when you posted it in a public forum.

Um, no, actually, I haven't, namely because you keep posting page-long incoherant rants that are as offensive to the English language as slapping an AMG badge on an ML320 is to AMG owners.

Anyway, I've posted my opinion and you've responded with your rants, no need to spend any more time watching this little trainwreck. I see the Honda Civic tuner crowd has moved up into the Benz world. Woo-hoo....

BE my guest, im actually liking this thread going on and on and on, and there nothing you guys can do...
Hood and trunk emblem is on =]
I know plenty of W203 non amg put AMG pedals / front and rear emblem.
as for the badge, and the ///AMG emblem that goes on the REAL AMG CARS, i dont intent to put it.
hood and trunk emblem looks nice and i am planning to keep it.
Im not putting ML32 ///AMG cause that just way too much.
Matter fact, i might just shave it.
AMg pedals, looks great and i love it alot.

Its great to see your so much more mature than i am
Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Can you post some pics of the hood and trunk badges? I wanna see what we are talking about here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320