M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320

Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163
same one as the steering wheel emblem.
those are the only 3 amg badge i have haha
Old 02-24-2009, 02:00 AM

02 W163
also since your opinions on this thread are so crucial, and stuff,,
I was wondering whhat you you guys think of the erebuni BODYKIT with fender flares.

I think it looks nice, for the flares side skirt and rear bumper.. not a fan of the front
But im getting for 500 for 8 pcs aka 400 us.

So let me know if you think its worth it..
im not sure if it would fit in my car cause the 98 models and 02 bumpers are different.

But the owners claims he has a 02-03 ML so i guess it would fit.

If not i think i might just buy the fender flares. and rear bumper kit.

If i install the side skirts i would loose my side steps right?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Yeah, I would lose the AMG badges. You will look like a poser if you have them on. Just my $0.02
Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
STi, don't listen to the haters. They are all jealous of what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work.
I think you should go ahead with the ML32 badge. It would be cool, and would serve to emphasize that you have a one of a kind, unlike the haters here.
LOL. You left out the "Kompressor" badges on the side, between the front fenders and the front doors.

ML32 AMG, 349 bhp
Old 02-24-2009, 12:28 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Improviz
You know, this forum would be a much better place if we could card people and keep all of these juveniles out.
Then we wouldn't see our resident lawyer come out to the party
Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by STi_JL
also since your opinions on this thread are so crucial, and stuff,,
I was wondering whhat you you guys think of the erebuni BODYKIT with fender flares.

I think it looks nice, for the flares side skirt and rear bumper.. not a fan of the front
But im getting for 500 for 8 pcs aka 400 us.

So let me know if you think its worth it..
im not sure if it would fit in my car cause the 98 models and 02 bumpers are different.

But the owners claims he has a 02-03 ML so i guess it would fit.

If not i think i might just buy the fender flares. and rear bumper kit.

If i install the side skirts i would loose my side steps right?
Why waste the time and money? Just get a sticker to say "Erebuni" and call it a day.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
why even bother... might as well light it on fire and roll it off a bridge at that point
Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 PM

02 W163
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
why even bother... might as well light it on fire and roll it off a bridge at that point
I knew that driving off the bridge thing would come up =]
exactly what i meant
Old 02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

BE my guest, im actually liking this thread going on and on and on, and there nothing you guys can do...
Hood and trunk emblem is on =]
I know plenty of W203 non amg put AMG pedals / front and rear emblem.
as for the badge, and the ///AMG emblem that goes on the REAL AMG CARS, i dont intent to put it.
you have put it on though... and everyone makes fun of those W203 kids as well... A few years ago I put together an event at MBUSA headquarters, it was an AMG event open to all mercedes owners... there was a member on this board who had his C230 badged as a C23 we ragged on him then, he didnt understand it either... till you have one, you wont get it... M owners understand, S and RS Audi owners understand...

you like the emblem? fine put it in a frame on your wall... none if it belongs on your car... you want the pedals? fine get the Mercedes branded ones or blank universal ones... heck even by an AMG hat... or Tshirt...
Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM

02 W163
maybe your right, ill never understand, But until i do owner a AMG, R, M , ect
i would keep my hood and trunk emblem on. and until i own a AMG ill keep DREAMING THAT Mine is one HAHAHAHAHA

But no man. when i owner a amg , m , blah blah, i would creat a special apologie thread that to saw i finally understand........

As for the kid with the C23, I would know better than to do that. thats what i mean .

Im not putting my ML to ML32 plus a ////AMG emblem on the other side.. or im not even putting a kompressor or V8 badge.

Im simply have the front hood emblem(btw small as Fkkk, 1inch i think. ) and the rear trunk plus the steering wheel.

pedal pedal pedals, Too late now i guess, right, i dont plann on to take them off cause i have already drilled the wholes in... nd stuff..
i like how the pedals are cause i like how there drill in and metal.

If i knew they had a FAKE brabus one for that EXACT style, i wanted, then i would of got it.. hoenstly. i really like the slash rubber piece style for the pedals
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by Improviz
I don't care how you take it. You asked for opinions, people gave them. And my opinion is that anyone who pretends their vehicle is something that it isn't is a poseur and a loser.

You made it everyone's business, when you posted it in a public forum.

Um, no, actually, I haven't, namely because you keep posting page-long incoherant rants that are as offensive to the English language as slapping an AMG badge on an ML320 is to AMG owners.

Anyway, I've posted my opinion and you've responded with your rants, no need to spend any more time watching this little trainwreck. I see the Honda Civic tuner crowd has moved up into the Benz world. Woo-hoo....
I wholeheartedly agree, Improviz.

STi_JL, if you can't take the criticism, then don't post. otherwise, simmer down.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by nlpamg
I wholeheartedly agree, Improviz.

STi_JL, if you can't take the criticism, then don't post. otherwise, simmer down.
oh man, and thats from a MOD
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55

Im simply have the front hood emblem(btw small as Fkkk, 1inch i think. ) and the rear trunk plus the steering wheel.
I'll concede the hood emblem abd steering wheel but not the rear trunk man. Thats the ultimate poser move. Lose it quick! For the love of all AMG owners, please!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
I can see a group of old farts who can't appreciate the mad Vtec powerz yo !
Seriously, there's more know-how in the civic crowd than the AMG crowd. All i see in this forum is - how to change wiper blade, how to LED license bulb, etc.
I see a bunch of Ferrari tuner crowds hanging in the MB world instead ! ha
Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 AM

02 W163
Well, tho its from the mod, obviously i feel all this is personal. Im the one that has to calm down? while 20 others are hating? HAhaha.... what not tell them to calm down and that i dont intend to accept there opinions.. thats jsut me. ,,,,
Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 AM

02 W163
now this is also really pissing me off.
Other people talking stuff, dissing , hating, giving opinions even when i said i dont care and im changing it. But mods take action on ME, instead of any one else.
But fine, Since everyone thinks its myfault and my problem, then ill watch what i say, you know... ill own a AMG next time the maybe i would eventually get the honor to use more profanity to everyone else.

As for many other people. im not taking off my sstuff.. =]
come to vanouver and rip the emblem, off yourself pls........
Old 02-25-2009, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Other people talking stuff, dissing , hating, giving opinions even when i said i dont care and im changing it. But mods take action on ME, instead of any one else.
But fine, Since everyone thinks its myfault and my problem, then ill watch what i say, you know... ill own a AMG next time the maybe i would eventually get the honor to use more profanity to everyone else.

As for many other people. im not taking off my sstuff.. =]
come to vanouver and rip the emblem, off yourself pls........
See....this is where you blow things out of proportion. You are taking everything we say as a personal attack. Its not! Are we giving opinions?......yes we are. Do you have to take them?......no you don't. But why act like its a personal attack? If anything we are giving you some good advice. Putting a fake AMG badge on the back of your ML just makes you look like a poser, case closed. Now we could've just made fun of you but no.....we want you to see why fake badges are a great way to be laughed at and made fun of. We don't want you to be a poser. It dilutes the brand. Hey, you can put all the AMG stuff you want on your truck.....thats cool....but once you put that AMG badge on the trunk (or anywhere else) then it becomes something different. Then you are false advertising. You don't have to own an AMG to mod the heck out of it. Look at my ML430. I love modding it, but you will never see me put an AMG badge on there. Heck yeah I would love an ML55, but for now I will be happy with my ML430. Be happy with what you have.....its alot more than what other people have. Take pride in that. Don't dilute it with a fake badge. Be true to yourself man!

But in the end if you still decide to keep the fake badges can you do us all one favor? Please post a pic of your ML with the AMG badge on it. I'd like to keep it to post in the poser thread.......and to make myself laugh from time to time.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by bwco
I can see a group of old farts who can't appreciate the mad Vtec powerz yo !
Seriously, there's more know-how in the civic crowd than the AMG crowd. All i see in this forum is - how to change wiper blade, how to LED license bulb, etc.
I see a bunch of Ferrari tuner crowds hanging in the MB world instead ! ha
oh great, we got another one in here... take a look at the mods the E55 crowd does... you will prolly be humbled by the type of work they do THEMSELVES... as for my experience? I have worked at my family's garage here in Boston, I have been modding cars myself for almost 10 years... and no LED lighting is not my type of mod... Upgrading turbos on supras or repairing blown headgaskets is more of what I do... I fully maintain and repair my own cars...

As dissapointed as we are about it... no action on you was taken by mods... you were not banned, you were not warned, heck youre not even on probation... 2 mods simply gave you there opinions.

Originally Posted by Stiggs
See....this is where you blow things out of proportion. You are taking everything we say as a personal attack. Its not! Are we giving opinions?......yes we are. Do you have to take them?......no you don't. But why act like its a personal attack? If anything we are giving you some good advice. Putting a fake AMG badge on the back of your ML just makes you look like a poser, case closed. Now we could've just made fun of you but no.....we want you to see why fake badges are a great way to be laughed at and made fun of. We don't want you to be a poser. It dilutes the brand. Hey, you can put all the AMG stuff you want on your truck.....thats cool....but once you put that AMG badge on the trunk (or anywhere else) then it becomes something different. Then you are false advertising. You don't have to own an AMG to mod the heck out of it. Look at my ML430. I love modding it, but you will never see me put an AMG badge on there. Heck yeah I would love an ML55, but for now I will be happy with my ML430. Be happy with what you have.....its alot more than what other people have. Take pride in that. Don't dilute it with a fake badge. Be true to yourself man!

But in the end if you still decide to keep the fake badges can you do us all one favor? Please post a pic of your ML with the AMG badge on it. I'd like to keep it to post in the poser thread.......and to make myself laugh from time to time.
See watch what I do here... Stiggs, you are a PERV... you sneak into little girls bedrooms at night... When are we going for drinks next?

See that was personal attack on Stiggs... telling you your mods are cheap or tacky is giving our personal opinions... I have black wheels for my M3... people tell me they hate them all the time... I dont care... and I really dont... you say you dont care and then write a 1 page post about it... so it's quite obvious you do care
Old 02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Rememeber, this =thread is over, dont continue replying, cause if you do, that just pretty much proves your really immature and need to grow up..

I call the quits lol, happy?? Lets all move on with our lives..
Old 02-25-2009, 01:53 PM

02 W163
55 and stiggs, do u really think 90perceny of the people taking shot at my thread are not making fun of me or giving opinions?

Maybe ur right u2 may be giving opinions but the rest are getting a piece of the action...
Ex, put a rolls Royce emblem, put a 345hp v8 badge or put it as ml32 amg. Like wtf???
I thinks that's straight personal. No one is laughing at my car in bc. So I got nothing to worry about. U gave me an opinion and I refuse to take it. And just because I refuse to take it, everyone is pissed up and you know there is nothing you can do am I right?
Maybe I'll realize it some day that my emblem will come off. As for now it's covering my holes up until I find another badge.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

personally I dont care what you do to your car, I dont know you more then a name on a forum... if you were someone I personally interacted with on a daily basis outside the forum... you might mean something... but there are lots of cars with your mods on the street... and when I see them. I laugh... Not going to sugar coat it... There is a big portion of us on this forum who laugh... AMG owners or not...

by your thinking because you like a certain type of badge, its ok to put it on your car... oh wow, I like BMW, lemme put a roundel on my ML... because that is what you are doing... AMG is as much a BRAND as Mercedes is... hence why someone jokingly said, why not put a Rolls Royce emblem on there. They said it cause doing that is as silly as putting an AMG emblem on there... Other people are coming in here and laughing because its silly, and because you seem to think there is nothing wrong with it... you're looking for an emblem to install how bout the one that you took off the car?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by 55fanatic

See watch what I do here... Stiggs, you are a PERV... you sneak into little girls bedrooms at night... When are we going for drinks next?
Hey, I was aquitted of those charges! If we are still on for Saturday night I'll buy you a shot! Maybe I'll buy Jen one too.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
55 and stiggs, do u really think 90perceny of the people taking shot at my thread are not making fun of me or giving opinions?

Maybe ur right u2 may be giving opinions but the rest are getting a piece of the action...
Ex, put a rolls Royce emblem, put a 345hp v8 badge or put it as ml32 amg. Like wtf???
I thinks that's straight personal. No one is laughing at my car in bc. So I got nothing to worry about. U gave me an opinion and I refuse to take it. And just because I refuse to take it, everyone is pissed up and you know there is nothing you can do am I right?
Maybe I'll realize it some day that my emblem will come off. As for now it's covering my holes up until I find another badge.
Oh well. No sense in beating a dead horse. Keep the AMG badges.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:52 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Originally Posted by pointman
Why waste the time and money? Just get a sticker to say "Erebuni" and call it a day.
Ha! I LOL'd.

OP, We laugh at all posers, don't think you are special. Just the other day I pulled up next to a W208 CLK320 that had been Debadged and had an AMG badge put on the left side of his trunk.

No AMG Body
No AMG brakes
No AMG wheels
No AMG Exhuast
No AMG suspension

But he did have Purple window tint and big funky sparkly sunglasses. He thought we were admiring his awesomeliciouslycool car and tried to muscle it up a bit.

I paced him on the highway a bit and when he tried to sprint, I buried him. So he sure as hell didn't have the most important part, an AMG engine. Even my wife was laughing at the tool.

Last edited by MG; 02-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 PM

02 W163
Originally Posted by MG
Ha! I LOL'd.

OP, We laugh at all posers, don't think you are special. Just the other day I pulled up next to a W208 CLK320 that had been Debadged and had an AMG badge put on the left side of his trunk.

No AMG Body
No AMG brakes
No AMG wheels
No AMG Exhuast
No AMG suspension

But he did have Purple window tint and big funky sparkly sunglasses. He thought we were admiring his awesomeliciouslycool car and tried to muscle it up a bit.

I paced him on the highway a bit and when he tried to sprint, I buried him. So he sure as hell didn't have the most important part, an AMG engine. Even my wife was laughing at the tool.

OOOo,, nice, see i wouldnt exactly put a ///AMG lettering badge on, but i understand that most AMG user on the forum still think that What i did to my trunk is still a BIG insult and i understand that. But truly, I have a Affalterbach hood and trunk emblem, simply because it looks nice, not because im trying to pose for a ml55. I know what posing, and whats BEYOND posing. If i was to change my hood and trunk emblem and steering to the SAME type of emblem then i think thats just going for the looks of that style.
matter fact, If AFFALTERBACH made a emblem that just said AFFALTERBACH without the AMG sign, i would still get it.

But if you talking about a benz with a //// AMG lettering done to the trunk of the car, and V8/amg on the side of the molding, and even change it to ml55 or ml32, Then yes that may be beyond posing.

yes, you all miught think posing is posing. stealing a dollar is still stealing.

but truly, i like the affalterbach emblem alot. i liek the way its designed with the tree, which gives it a vintage look.

as for the AMG pedals. if that style came in brabus, i would og grabbed the, ..
I dont like the rubber dotted style,
I asked over many friends they all like the slashed style better than dotted.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320