M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Group buy on M-class accessories - Nav unit..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 02:45 PM
JohnN

Group buy on M-class accessories - Nav unit..

Hey all-

I've been trying to get together a bunch of M-class owners into a group buy, so we can save in tandem

So far, I've been checking into getting the following:

Group buy on nav unit
Group buy on 'protection' package - which would be something along the lines of cargo nets, all-weather mats, cargo tray.

The nav unit got a couple of responses - one was for about $1400, with CDs included. This price could improve, depending on the number of people we get. I could see it hitting $1350.

Anyone interested? If not in any of the above - let me know what you're interested in, and I'll see if I can get some people together to pull it off.

-J

Old 11-30-2001, 11:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML55 AMG
Wink

No problem. We'll sell them for $1000 each. Of course, we'll need a 100,000 unit initial order, prepaid of course.

In all seriousness once you've gotten them are you going to take them to your local dealer and ask him to install a part he didn't sell? It does require a HHT to make it work.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:40 PM
Banned

'00 ML320 Elegance/'03 C320 4-matic
Other owners have installed the GPS units themselves and the HHT is not required.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Almost a Member!

ML55 AMG
Wink

Go ahead and try. It's your money. What do I know? I've only been selling them for 20 years and asked the best technician in town if the HHT was needed.

Are you ready with the 100,000 unit order yet?
Old 11-30-2001, 02:10 PM
JohnN

Curt-

Seems you're a bit snippy - something about a group buy that you don't like?

Old 11-30-2001, 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

ML55 AMG
Wink

JohnN, I made you a legitimate offer. You asked for a price on a group buy. I offered one. I also explained the problems of self-installation on cars requiring HHTs to activate the nav system. This is called being helpful. I wouldn't want you to get 100,000 of those nav systems and not be able to use them. Now you're calling me names. Is that the gentlemanly thing to do?
Old 11-30-2001, 03:17 PM
JohnN

Curt-

Guess I'm not a 'southern gentleman' like yourself.

Here - when we insult somebody, we like to do it bluntly.

-John

Old 11-30-2001, 03:31 PM
Almost a Member!

ML55 AMG
Wink

Well, we certainly agree on that.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML320
Let's not let this get out of hand.

From my perspective, Curt, your comment to Drew was definitely sarcastic. if not rude. Given your posts' aggressive approach, it comes as a total surprise that you consider "snippy" an insult, but if indeed you do, then maybe you are being too sensitive.

Anyhow, people here are posting solutions that fellow "hands-on" MB owners can use. I can see why, as an MB dealer with 20+ years' experience, you may find uncomfortable that people disagree with you or doubt your knowledge.

There was no need to be sarcastic, though. And definitely, it would be disingenuous of you to call your "offer" to John N. legitimate.

My two cents.

-- Gustav
Old 12-03-2001, 10:42 PM
JohnN

I'm sorry Curt - I now understand how I've offended you.

You're a communist.

How so? Well - you seem to be all for a system that goes against free market enterprise and competition - all I did was propose that a group of buyers band together, and attempt to get a better deal by going in volume to the dealer that would provide the best price. A great example of capitalism.

Obviously - you were insulted, because this goes against your communistic values. I apologize.

I didn't think there were any communists in Texas, but you've proven me wrong. I guess that's why the stock markets are in New York.

As far as being a Southern Gentleman - no thanks. There's an implicit cowardice behind that - here in NY - we might be insulting and crass - but we're at least brave enough to take the credit and blame for it.

Cheers,
-John