M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Any Bluetooth Options on M-class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Bluetooth Options on M-class?

Is there any after market or MBUSA OEM bluetooth options for the M-class? Does anyone know if bluetooth will be integrated in the new 2006 M-class?

Regards,
H3rmes
Old 10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
No, there's no OEM option for any kind of audio input, let alone Bluetooth. The COMAND system that's in all MB's except the NA M-Class has an aux input, but the ML's MCS system does not.

The only way to get an audio input into the stock unit is through an adapter -- either an FM modulator or a cassette adapter, and if you want Bluetooth, you'd have to then get a Bluetooth adaptor and plug it into the adapter. But even if you do that, you'll be getting only audio - nothing else (e.g. call controls for a cell phone, etc.).

It's interesting that Chrysler has had its 'UConnect' voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free cell-phone system for a while now (300C, Magnum, Pacifica, Town & Country, Jeep Liberty, Grand Cherokee, others) but you still can't get such a system on an MB
Old 10-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mbakshi
No, there's no OEM option for any kind of audio input, let alone Bluetooth. The COMAND system that's in all MB's except the NA M-Class has an aux input, but the ML's MCS system does not.

The only way to get an audio input into the stock unit is through an adapter -- either an FM modulator or a cassette adapter, and if you want Bluetooth, you'd have to then get a Bluetooth adaptor and plug it into the adapter. But even if you do that, you'll be getting only audio - nothing else (e.g. call controls for a cell phone, etc.).

It's interesting that Chrysler has had its 'UConnect' voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free cell-phone system for a while now (300C, Magnum, Pacifica, Town & Country, Jeep Liberty, Grand Cherokee, others) but you still can't get such a system on an MB
Have you tries the Nokia handsfree bluetooth kit? It sounds decent, even though it is not OEM.

Regards,
H3rmes
Old 10-18-2004, 08:11 AM

11 ML350
There will be no bluetooth options avalible.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Try the Bluetooth kits from Motorola and Nokia. I hear they are very good, I know Verizon can install Bluetooth kits, however I would never trust Verizon with my car, many audio shops can install this as well. It's good to look around in the aftermarket field.

I believe the W164 will have some sort of Bluetooth capability (or so I'm hoping)
Old 10-24-2004, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by h3rmes
Is there any after market or MBUSA OEM bluetooth options for the M-class? Does anyone know if bluetooth will be integrated in the new 2006 M-class?

Regards,
H3rmes
sure, there are plenty of aftermarket options... what kind of phone do you have?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
Originally Posted by h3rmes
Have you tries the Nokia handsfree bluetooth kit? It sounds decent, even though it is not OEM.

Regards,
H3rmes
Well there's nothing that'll directly hook into the MCS for audio or call control like the OEM system does, if that's what you're looking for. There are plenty of aftermarket solutions available for other things, but none will connect to the stock audio or phone control systems. You mention Nokia - my dad used to use a Nokia handsfree kit for his 6162 (wired - no Bluetooth back then), and the systems they have today are virtually identical, just with Bluetooth available instead of a wired cradle. The Nokia kit uses a separate speaker of its own that you can mount somewhere. If you install it in an ML with the stock MCS, the system will be completely independent of the car's audio system, and you'll still have to use the phone keypad to place a call and to do everything else.

There are other aftermarket solutions that provide a standard audio output, which you could connect to an FM modulator to tune into on your MCS unit. No, it won't be very good quality, and you still won't be able to control the phone with anything other than the phone's keypad, but at least you'll get audio through the car's speakers.

Hope this helps
Old 10-26-2004, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
Originally Posted by ViKTORiOUS
I believe the W164 will have some sort of Bluetooth capability (or so I'm hoping)
Well let's hope it does...though it's not a good sign when you can't get any sort of built-in Bluetooth functionality even in an E or S-Class (but you can in a Jeep Liberty). Not even MB's newest entrant, the second-gen SLK, has Bluetooth. Maybe on a Maybach...

Very strange.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Bluetooth

Here is one bluetooth option that I am considering. Anybody tried this or anything similar with a story to share??

http://www.eurocarphone.com/mercedes.htm
Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 765 Likes on 744 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
if u have stock nav, then go get argos...
the place i bought was cheaper than eurocarphone...

if u have aftermarket HU, then go w/ parrot bt kit which is what i have...