M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Dealer mechanics taking your Benz for Joy Ride!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 ML350 / 06 C230 6spd
Dealer mechanics taking your Benz for Joy Ride!!!!!!!

Hi Guys!

I recently purchased and pain in the azzz W164 2006 ML350. I have made many trips to the dealer to get bunch of problems fixed.

I've noticed my the milage on my car was always couple hundred miles more than the day i turned it in.

1st trip back to the dealership, my car got about 300 Miles more when i checked my car out. They said they used that many miles to test the engine of my car. . I got the engined replaced by the dealer almost a month later. When i was talking to the Service Manager, she told me "this car is a great car, last time we had a chance to take one of the new ML350 to go off road in Holister and it beats all the Land Rover and Jeeps".... guess what? Right after that she lead me to my car and i saw trail dirt all over the bottom of the car and inside the fenders.

2nd trip to the dealer was for a quick "SRS light reset" and "Driver Seat Easy Exit reset" (the driver seat won't move back at exit). I checked out the car couple days later and see the tank was more than 1/2 emptied. I turned it in with a full tank of gas. The milage was off course 200 something more. I suspected they must have taken it for joy ride again..... and when i checked my "Last Destination" on the Nav. It shows some weird address in San Francisco... and the dump bass actually reset the "Home" button to his home address.

I just wonder if any of you ever experienced the same problem. Check the mileage on your car carefully before you turn it in "Smythe European" or any Mercedes dealership.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
sounds like you might want to talk to their GM first and then to your attorney

Do they record the mileage of your vehicle when you dropped it off? My old dealer in Wisconsin always record the mileage. I'm not so sure about the dealer here in Boston though.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
what dealer?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Chambers in Somerville
Old 10-21-2005, 03:19 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
happened to me a while back. picked up the car (showed up early) and it was sitting out back with the top down. radio was on a hard-rock station i don't listen to, with the bass turned waaay up.

looked at the carbon copy of the form when i checked in, and compared it to the odometer - it was about 75 miles more than that.

service manager denied, denied, denied...when it was obvious someone took it for a top-down joyride.

long story short, the next morning i drove back to return a sales receipt to the service manager with HIS NAME ON IT that i found in the map pocket. he had personally taken the car to go have lunch in malibu. yep, it's about 20 or 30 miles from the dealer. 75 miles roundtrip approx. and the weather was beautiful. jerk couldn't resist.

when i was done with him, i demanded to speak to the general manager of the dealership. service manager almost peed in his polyester pants. what a great day.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash
happened to me a while back. picked up the car (showed up early) and it was sitting out back with the top down. radio was on a hard-rock station i don't listen to, with the bass turned waaay up.

looked at the carbon copy of the form when i checked in, and compared it to the odometer - it was about 75 miles more than that.

service manager denied, denied, denied...when it was obvious someone took it for a top-down joyride.

long story short, the next morning i drove back to return a sales receipt to the service manager with HIS NAME ON IT that i found in the map pocket. he had personally taken the car to go have lunch in malibu. yep, it's about 20 or 30 miles from the dealer. 75 miles roundtrip approx. and the weather was beautiful. jerk couldn't resist.

when i was done with him, i demanded to speak to the general manager of the dealership. service manager almost peed in his polyester pants. what a great day.
.............and , finish story...................
Old 10-21-2005, 03:30 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
that is the end of the story - i knew the guy was lying to me but in that situation, what can you do? you're screwed.

it was just satisfying to be able to prove i was right.

let the dealership GM handle it - i had them fill up my gas tank and was done with it.

it was the principle - as a customer i hate being lied to.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash
that is the end of the story - i knew the guy was lying to me but in that situation, what can you do? you're screwed.

it was just satisfying to be able to prove i was right.

let the dealership GM handle it - i had them fill up my gas tank and was done with it.

it was the principle - as a customer i hate being lied to.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
Its not just the Merc dealers but all dealers in general. I take all the cars in for service in my family since no one wants to do it and i get paid to do it. and every-time i take the BMW for something it always has to stay over night for some odd reason. when i go pick it up the next day it will always be low on gas. and the last time i went to get the BMW the front bumper had been hit and they tried to accuse me of that. so i went to talk to the head guy and hey got that fixed and i also told him about the gas. and i had no proof so he wouldn't give me any gas. so i told him that my family would never by a BMW for them again (we had bought 3 from them in the past) and i would tell everyone i know about them... If you live in Arizona Dont buy from Chapman BMW. The only time i have had the mercedes dealer drive my car was after getting my ECU and MAS sensor replaced but it was my service manager that took the car home with him and filled it up full with gas even thought i dropped it off with half a tank but he did call and explain he needed to drive to make sure everything was functioning right.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Have never had this issue and my W164 has not yet been back for any service. However, with the W163 and my W210 and W211 I usually request that the SA or foreman take the vehicle home at night to be certain all is well. In some cases these guys have actually picked up on an item or two that I had missed. I have no problem with it and my SA lives 60 miles away from the dealership. I actually think its a good deal!!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
wake up sosh!!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 AM

'06 CLS55 P030
nutn wrong wit dat