M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

where is the best place to buy a chip in Australia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A160(Sold) C180(Sold), ML320(Dead! Sold) CDi, R300 CDi
where is the best place to buy a chip in Australia

i have a ML320 CDi and i am looking for a chip to increase power.
do anyone know where to buy a chip in Austrlalia? Powerchip, Brabus... whatever...

Thanks
Kevin
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kevinchung
do anyone know where to buy a chip in Austrlalia? Powerchip, Brabus... whatever...

Thanks
Kevin
I would go to Powerchip. Their home offices are in australia and they have strong gains on diesel motors
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by kevinchung

Thanks
Kevin
Brabus are in South Melbourne. At least they don't have a past record of blowing up engines like Powerchip does.

You may also want to look at getting some new high-flow converters also.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 AM

A160(Sold) C180(Sold), ML320(Dead! Sold) CDi, R300 CDi
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Brabus are in South Melbourne. At least they don't have a past record of blowing up engines like Powerchip does.

You may also want to look at getting some new high-flow converters also.
what is high-flow converters?

Kevin
Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500 190E 2.3-16
cathalytic converters turn carbon monoxide emisions into carbon dioxide by a cathalytic conversion ie...no by product emissions in your exaust. They restrict exaust flow and horsepower and are an expensive part of the car. A high flow converter can increase horsepower in the high end .
Old 07-28-2007, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by adarquea
cathalytic converters turn carbon monoxide emisions into carbon dioxide by a cathalytic conversion ie...no by product emissions in your exaust. They restrict exaust flow and horsepower and are an expensive part of the car. A high flow converter can increase horsepower in the high end .

This year there was a CLS350 Brabus special in Melbourne. It was doing laps of the F1 race track. I got to ride in the car on the street and I think I got a facelift free of charge. It went really hard.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Exclamation POWERCHIP was not to blame

In 2002 there was an incident in Australia between pirate SUPERCHIP's and a Mercedes dealership regarding engine specifications. Due to the similarity of the names there was a mistake caused by me suggesting that POWERCHIP was implicated in this matter.

I have made a common type of mistake in recalling an event which took place several years ago. The similarity of the names and the fact that both companies were tuners is the reason for the mistake.

I hope that in dealing with engine tuning buyers are drawn to the large international players. Clearly POWERCHIP and BRABUS are international companies. SUPERCHIP is obviously only known in Australia.

Someone used the name SUPERCHIP to offer fake chips for the modification of SMART cars sold by the dealership

a) it was a mod-chip on the main PCB of the engine controller and;

b) Brabus already had exclusive rights to engine tuning for Smart (globally) so selling the SUPERCHIP upgrade (real or fake) was not permitted by DC AU.

c) The employee who offered the mapping services did not have permission to do so and as a rule MB AU is legally obliged to cover all products and services offered from the showroom under the OEM warranty. Had it been done aftermarket directly without the sales staff involvement there would have been no company policy issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you decide to have ECU tuning then you have to select software mapping changes or mod-chip in some cases. The comments relating to engine explosion were overstated. It was in fact a policy which demanded the change back to OEM specification.

Obviously it would have helped if I had been given the correct information at the time I heard it. I have since spoken to the mechanic who dealt with the changes at the dealership and he stated that no engines were damaged and only the ECU was replaced as demanded by head office because those ECU were modified by the saleman who was faking / pirating the chips.

I have changed this post several times at the request of PowerChip Australia and if the mods feel it is biased, unfair or misleading then please remove all my comments in this thread. But otherwise the matter is clear regarding engine damage.

Anyone who wants more information can google "Powerchip Australia"

Last edited by benzmodz; 07-30-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
If you have any questions regarding Powerchip's software please feel free to contact me. I've been working with them for a few years now and we shared an office with them.

-Aaron