M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Power window Up & Down. Help! ML 350 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLE350W4
Power window Up & Down. Help! ML 350 2011

Front passenger power window DOWN or UP behave very unstable, incompletely open window or close, on both position 1&2. Please let me know if possible to fix without MB dealer interference. Thank you.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Most likely needs to be reset. Hold the up button until it goes all the way up and continue to hold it for 30 sec or so. Then do the same with down. If that does not cure the issue its a dealer fix item.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:20 PM

2020 GLE350W4
Originally Posted by sosh
Most likely needs to be reset. Hold the up button until it goes all the way up and continue to hold it for 30 sec or so. Then do the same with down. If that does not cure the issue its a dealer fix item.
I already try to hold up button up and down, does not help, according manual around 6 sec. I will try for 30 sec. Why is so complicated? Brand new SUV nobody play with the buttons? Never happen with previews Japanese cars or Audi. Is this a common issue with MB? Really disappointment.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hiend
I already try to hold up button up and down, does not help, according manual around 6 sec. I will try for 30 sec. Why is so complicated? Brand new SUV nobody play with the buttons? Never happen with previews Japanese cars or Audi. Is this a common issue with MB? Really disappointment.
Not complicated. Not really a common issue. Been driving ML's since 98 and had to do this once some years ago. If you feel the way you do perhaps you should be driving a Japanese piece of crap.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 PM

2020 GLE350W4
Not complicated. Not really a common issue. Been driving ML's since 98 and had to do this once some years ago. If you feel the way you do perhaps you should be driving a Japanese piece of crap.
It is annoying, complicated and uncomfortable engineering design if you going to tell me about secure issue it are not an excuse. Common issue-time will showing up. As a result it does not work properly and malfunction on a brand new car 2011, 2 weeks only on the road, 900 Mi. Perhaps Germans engineers and Alabama quality control piece of crap. I love European cars a lot, but hate to call in and be in service for the first week, especially, Mercedes Benz? Come on.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
It is annoying, complicated and uncomfortable engineering design if you going to tell me about secure issue it are not an excuse. Common issue-time will showing up. As a result it does not work properly and malfunction on a brand new car 2011, 2 weeks only on the road, 900 Mi. Perhaps Germans engineers and Alabama quality control piece of crap. I love European cars a lot, but hate to call in and be in service for the first week, especially, Mercedes Benz? Come on.
You correct! You return car immediately, and buy Japanese with Kentucky quality control!

Annoying, perhaps if yours is indeed not functioning properly. Complicated and uncomfortable design? Why? You push the button and the window goes down. You pull and it goes up. What's complicated?

Last edited by aggst1; 08-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 PM

2020 GLE350W4
[quote=aggst1;4810162]You correct! You return car immediately, and buy Japanese with Kentucky quality control!

I know I am correct, silly man, nobody buys FOR LIFE cars in NYC, leasing for a while and exchange them for new, again and again. Honestly, you belong to R class! FOR LIFE!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 PM

2020 GLE350W4
Originally Posted by aggst1
You correct! You return car immediately, and buy Japanese with Kentucky quality control!

Annoying, perhaps if yours is indeed not functioning properly. Complicated and uncomfortable design? Why? You push the button and the window goes down. You pull and it goes up. What's complicated?
I know I am correct, silly man, nobody buys FOR LIFE cars in NYC, leasing for a while and exchange them for new, again and again. Honestly, you belong to R class! FOR LIFE!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are a piece of work. Just the kind of customer MB I am certain wished would drive something else. Why are you asking questions then refuting the answer?? I think you have owned the ML long enough now go trade it on some oriental piece of junk.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 PM

2020 GLE350W4
You are a piece of work. Just the kind of customer MB I am certain wished would drive something else. Why are you asking questions then refuting the answer?? I think you have owned the ML long enough now go trade it on some oriental piece of junk.
Hey, hey… Did you read my post? THE FACT IS: power window is malfunction. Please trust me. SUV is brand new; reset not resolved a problem, For the MB to be in service (not end user error) for the first week is a shame! And both of you try to tell me; its ok, not a big deal, don’t like it? Return. All that softies excuses for what? For MB? Because “Mercedes for Life!”
Product, especially MB must be strong and super durable. I can understand when automobile at service because of user’s errors of use or schedule maintenance, but not on brand new car 900 mi.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:21 PM

2020 GLE350W4
Dear sosh
I am in love with ML a lot (for now) and really sorry that not getting 550 or even AMG 63, (Price was fantastic on 350) but according to my involvement with the 350 for a few weeks; I will be very unhappy to be in the similar situation with the 550 or 63. Not acceptable at all from my point of view.

Last edited by hiend; 08-27-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=hiend;4810184]

I don't know if we have a language issue here or you indeed need professional help. Either way, good luck to you. You seem determined that the only thing that will satisfy you at this time is that we all agree with you that Mercedes is junk. Sorry to disappoint you! The Mercedes for life on my signature is put there for a reason as I have had a long history with Mercedes cars (20 years) personally owned and as a kid my parents had Mercedes vehicles as well. In all cases the vehicles were exceptional!

As far as buying versus leasing and NYC or whatever... who asked anything about that?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:33 PM

2020 GLE350W4
[quote=aggst1;4810837]

I don't know if we have a language issue here or you indeed need professional help. Either way, good luck to you. You seem determined that the only thing that will satisfy you at this time is that we all agree with you that Mercedes is junk. Sorry to disappoint you! The Mercedes for life on my signature is put there for a reason as I have had a long history with Mercedes cars (20 years) personally owned and as a kid my parents had Mercedes vehicles as well. In all cases the vehicles were exceptional!

As far as buying versus leasing and NYC or whatever... who asked anything about that?
I never sad MB is a junk, never. For me just not acceptable and I never had electrical fail experience for the first few years. Do I ever ask your opinion to buy or not to buy Japanese, European or US brands? , please don’t suggest. And as a fact MB push and pull window button simply does not work, but must, as an “exceptional” vehicle, at least first few years.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=hiend;4810922]

I never sad MB is a junk, never. For me just not acceptable and I never had electrical fail experience for the first few years. Do I ever ask your opinion to buy or not to buy Japanese, European or US brands? , please don’t suggest. And as a fact MB push and pull window button simply does not work, but must, as an “exceptional” vehicle, at least first few years.
Yes you did say about Japanese cars, and my point is if you are so satisfied why are you bothering with MB and bothering us? Look at your comment:

Just so we finish this useless to the forum conversation. Did you follow the reset procedure EXACTLY as described in the manual?

Here are the steps for my 2008 ML350 taken directly from the manual:

Synchronizing the door windows
The door windows must be resynchronized
�� after the battery was disconnected
�� if the door windows cannot be fully opened (Express-open) or closed (Express-close)
i Each door window must be resynchronized separately.
�� 1) Close all doors. Very important
�� 2) Switch on the ignition (�� page 40). That's position 2 - (not 1 or 3)
�� 3) Pull and hold switch 1, 2, 3, or 4 (�� page 236). That's your window button
Once a door window is closed com- pletely, hold the respective switch for approximately 3 seconds. Your 2011 might have a 6 second interval requirement - check your manual
The door window is synchronized.

Calm down and make sure you follow these steps EXACTLY as described. IF that doesn't solve the problem look and see if there are any obstructions preventing the windows from fully opening or closing. If nothing is found then take it in to get it looked at. A car (from ANY make) is a collection of hundreds of systems with multiple points of failure. Things do happen to fall through the Quality Control checks. That's part of life. Instead of wasting your time venting on this forum , you should use your time wisely and get your window problem fixed. It will cost you nothing as the car is fully warranted.

That's all.

Last edited by aggst1; 08-28-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM

2020 GLE350W4
[quote=aggst1;4810999]

Yes you did say about Japanese cars, and my point is if you are so satisfied why are you bothering with MB and bothering us? Look at your comment:

Just so we finish this useless to the forum conversation. Did you follow the reset procedure EXACTLY as described in the manual?

�� if the door windows cannot be fully opened (Express-open) or closed (Express-close)
�� 3) Pull and hold switch 1, 2, 3, or 4 (�� page 236). That's your window button
Once a door window is closed com- pletely, hold the respective switch for approximately 3 seconds. Your 2011 might have a 6 second interval requirement - check your manual

Calm down and make sure you follow these steps EXACTLY as described. IF that doesn't solve the problem look and see if there are any obstructions preventing the windows from fully opening or closing. If nothing is found then take it in to get it looked at. A car (from ANY make) is a collection of hundreds of systems with multiple points of failure. Things do happen to fall through the Quality Control checks. That's part of life. Instead of wasting your time venting on this forum , you should use your time wisely and get your window problem fixed. It will cost you nothing as the car is fully warranted.

That's all.
Thank you, very much for detail explanation I will try immediately and let you know. According instruction about disconnecting battery I am not sure if I am capable to do this now it is late and dark. I will try without disconnecting a battery. Once again thank you for your time and patients. Apology for not understanding each other’s.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=hiend;4811059]

Thank you, very much for detail explanation I will try immediately and let you know. According instruction about disconnecting battery I am not sure if I am capable to do this now it is late and dark. I will try without disconnecting a battery. Once again thank you for your time and patients. Apology for not understanding each other’s.
NO NO NO! Do NOT Disconnect the battery! You don't have to, and if you do you will have other problems that will need the dealer to reset!

Just do steps 1,2,3

Last edited by aggst1; 08-28-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:07 PM

2020 GLE350W4
[quote=aggst1;4811138]

NO NO NO! Do NOT Disconnect the battery! You don't have to, and if you do you will have other problems that will need the dealer to reset!

Just do steps 1,2,3
I don’t, I read also manual. I fallow the reset procedure, but do not resolve the issue. I will see a dealer tomorrow morning, hope I don’t have to leave a SUV and does not take long to fix.

Very strange behave, looks like not a motor, programming mostly. It is open and close with the pause every 5, 6, 7 inches. It is like a secure purpose, looks to me. Thank you for help.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:45 PM

2020 GLE350W4
[quote=aggst1;4810999]

That's all.
Done at dealer with the fallowing codes: Loose connector in door control module-Fault code 9005. Hall sensor signal is faulty.
Re secured connectors, normalized window, function test, all checked OK, COMPLETE! Cleared fault codes.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG

Done at dealer with the fallowing codes: Loose connector in door control module-Fault code 9005. Hall sensor signal is faulty.
Re secured connectors, normalized window, function test, all checked OK, COMPLETE! Cleared fault codes.
There ya go mystery solved..........could have happened to any vehicle, expensive or cheap.......$_hit happens, they are cars and things do come loose at times, we don't drive on gold paved roads, unfortunately ours are paved with tar and have a crap load of holes in them, therefore sometimes things become loose....

But I am glad you got it resolved and it didn't take weeks to figure it out....
Old 01-06-2024, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W164 CDI 2010-2011
Try to reset the button

HI, I realise im 13 years late but maybe this might help.
Try to put the window all the way down and let go the button. THEN YOU press the button all the way again so the window can roll up again and you do not let go the button for about 65-70 seconds. Once the countdown is over the issue should be fixed.

Alternatively i would suggest to take it to a local dealer to review it.
Best of luck