M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Radio presets gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Radio presets gone

2010 ML550:
Sirius XM radio presets will randomly disappear. I usually set buttons 1 through 0 with my favorites. Then next time I get in the truck all the buttons default to the preview channel. My presets are erased. This could happen after weeks or if has happened twice in the same day. No rhyme or reason to it. I feel like this would be a radio problem and not Sirius doing it. What can I do to keep my presets stored?
Old 12-20-2020, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Page 129 in the Comand manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 01-16-2021, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Maj. Dundee
Page 129 in the Comand manual.
that doesn’t help me. I know how to set the presets. The problem is they keep getting deleted randomly.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:52 PM

Received 143 Likes on 127 Posts
GL550 X164
Originally Posted by Stiggs
that doesn’t help me. I know how to set the presets. The problem is they keep getting deleted randomly.
Have you noticed if all presets are reset or just some? I wonder if the same presets (ex. button 1) are being reset while others are retained.

I have an x164 and recently thought that the station I had stored under 0 was reset to the XM promo channel while all others 1-8 were retained, but I also found it very odd that the station I thought I had stored under 0 was moved to 9. I did not think that I had a station stored under 9.

So I'm prone to attributing this whole thing to a localized brain fart.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
This just happened to my 2011 ML63. All sat radio presets were lost after I set them 10 days ago. They all bring me to the preview channel now. I can manually tune to any station however. I've got 2 weeks left on my free trial and don't intend on paying for future service, so I'm not worried about it. For anyone else, I'd suggest having the dealership perform a software update on all the audio components. It shouldn't cost more than $200 or so.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:35 PM

Received 143 Likes on 127 Posts
GL550 X164
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
This just happened to my 2011 ML63. All sat radio presets were lost after I set them 10 days ago. They all bring me to the preview channel now. I can manually tune to any station however. I've got 2 weeks left on my free trial and don't intend on paying for future service, so I'm not worried about it. For anyone else, I'd suggest having the dealership perform a software update on all the audio components. It shouldn't cost more than $200 or so.
SiriusXM has a promo for the middle tier service for $5/mo for 12 months. Mind you this is in Canada. If you have a similar promo in your market, I'm sure they'd be happy to set you up. I wouldn't pay the regular price for the service considering I don't drive the car much and can stream via Bluetooth if I don't feel like listening to AM/FM.

I had the same promo for 6 months which was about to expire in February so I called them and they signed me up for the 12 month promo with no hassle.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by expl0rer
SiriusXM has a promo for the middle tier service for $5/mo for 12 months. Mind you this is in Canada. If you have a similar promo in your market, I'm sure they'd be happy to set you up. I wouldn't pay the regular price for the service considering I don't drive the car much and can stream via Bluetooth if I don't feel like listening to AM/FM.

I had the same promo for 6 months which was about to expire in February so I called them and they signed me up for the 12 month promo with no hassle.
Thanks for the tip, however I share my 8,000 miles a year between 4 different MB's, and usually just stream Pandora from my phone. I had Sirius many years ago, and I still find myself constantly switching between channels to find something I like. With Pandora I can skip an occasional song but generally stay on one channel for 30 minutes or longer.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by expl0rer
Have you noticed if all presets are reset or just some? I wonder if the same presets (ex. button 1) are being reset while others are retained.

I have an x164 and recently thought that the station I had stored under 0 was reset to the XM promo channel while all others 1-8 were retained, but I also found it very odd that the station I thought I had stored under 0 was moved to 9. I did not think that I had a station stored under 9.

So I'm prone to attributing this whole thing to a localized brain fart.
It is all the presets. Not just one. They all go back to the preview channel. It’s obviously some sort of glitch in my radio. Haven’t felt the need to throw money at it just yet. I kinda have the stations memorized by now so I just skip ahead or skip back to the stations I like. It’s just a pain in the rear.