M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Random Stalling in 2012 ML

Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by ML350toy
I have high hope that the software update would solve the random stalling. Unfortunately, it doesn't do jack. Whatever it updates, it does not make solve the random stalling. The car stalled on us once after the software a few months after, and again, of course it's random. However, I did notice that the frequency is much less before the update, so maybe it helps a little bit but does not provide a totally fixed.
My answer back from the regional MB rep was that nothing is 100%. Typical MB.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 PM

2006 ML500
Stalling at stop light

I read some of the posts on w166 stalling issues. I have a w164 (2006 ML500 117K miles) with some of the same issues.... stalling coming to stop, rough idle, rpm surging coming to a stop (due to car trying to compensate for trying to stall). This happened several times coming to a stop at an exit ramp, or just red light. My problem was fixed by changing out the camshaft position sensor. It was a very easy 15 min fix.

It maybe something to consider for the w166... there may be more than one camshaft position sensors on w166 though.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 ML350 BT
I just got the software update last week and so far it seems to have fixed the problem. My car never stalled completely, but did run very rough for the first few minutes after a cold start.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 03-11-2015, 09:50 PM

ML350/2012
ML350 2012 STALL PROBLEMS AND TOWED

My ML350 is over 71000, no warranty. I noticed that it has been stalled several times till now. Last Tuesday, suddenly car engine stopped in the USPS parking lots middle of driveway, no moving. It was around 6pm, I called road servise and first guy came who didn't know about MB, and 2nd guy said it might be out of gas. I filled up full one day before, so tank was not empty. 2nd guy didn't know exact reason, and needed to tow.
My car has been towed to dealer late night. Next day, I called dealer but they didn't know untill 2 days later. I stopped by dealer(because they never called me back), and sales person said needed to order a part and cost $700, so should be ready on Friday. (car towed on Tuesday). Sales person never called me back on Friday again, so I stopped by again and he said, my car needed to change Fuel Pump and cost will be $1530. Off course, I complained!! My car is ready today, 8days after towed. I rent a car for a week and paid $300 by myself. Delaer gave me a little discount but paid $1200. total my cost is $1500.
They changed control unit, Fuel delivery module, and Fuel filter unit. also one is racall #2013110002 Fuel sys ECU has been replaced.(software)
I think this is safety issue, I was lucky without any accident.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 PM

Ml350 bluetech
You were screwed

Originally Posted by MIKISHAWN
My ML350 is over 71000, no warranty. I noticed that it has been stalled several times till now. Last Tuesday, suddenly car engine stopped in the USPS parking lots middle of driveway, no moving. It was around 6pm, I called road servise and first guy came who didn't know about MB, and 2nd guy said it might be out of gas. I filled up full one day before, so tank was not empty. 2nd guy didn't know exact reason, and needed to tow.
My car has been towed to dealer late night. Next day, I called dealer but they didn't know untill 2 days later. I stopped by dealer(because they never called me back), and sales person said needed to order a part and cost $700, so should be ready on Friday. (car towed on Tuesday). Sales person never called me back on Friday again, so I stopped by again and he said, my car needed to change Fuel Pump and cost will be $1530. Off course, I complained!! My car is ready today, 8days after towed. I rent a car for a week and paid $300 by myself. Delaer gave me a little discount but paid $1200. total my cost is $1500.
They changed control unit, Fuel delivery module, and Fuel filter unit. also one is racall #2013110002 Fuel sys ECU has been replaced.(software)
I think this is safety issue, I was lucky without any accident.
I'm sorry to be that harsh but it's your fault, from what I understand u had this problem before and never did nothing. I had this problem and they fixed it by connecting the star system and making adjustment in the rpm, that's all! No warranty no nothing! U drove for a couple of months like that and you scrapped the ECU.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:19 PM

ML350/2012
Thank you for your message. But first of all, I didn't drive several months after I had a random stalling. It happened about 2 weeks befor towering. I didn't have any engine light shown on my car. It's still my problem? I think Mercedes should call or send a letter if they knew system has recall problem.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:41 AM

Ml350 bluetech
Stalling

Originally Posted by MIKISHAWN
Thank you for your message. But first of all, I didn't drive several months after I had a random stalling. It happened about 2 weeks befor towering. I didn't have any engine light shown on my car. It's still my problem? I think Mercedes should call or send a letter if they knew system has recall problem.
It is a safety issue but don't cout on MBUSA to do something about it. THey know from day 1 the problem with W164/166 oil leak cooler, throttle valves,turbo,Bluetec heater and tank failure and tey did nothing!!!! It's all about the image and reputation and you still have to pay more than 3000$ if a oil leak happens. We should all take actions against this situation!!!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:58 AM

s class 350
My 61 plate S class stalls randomly. VERY ANOYING and DANGEROUS. I can't be the only one with this intermittent fault. Dealer have tried to find problem unsuccessfully. Not sure now what to do. Anyone got any ideas as to why it happens. Its when stationary after a good run.