M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New Truck in my Driveway!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 4MATIC (GAS)
Thumbs up New Truck in my Driveway!

Hello All! New MB owner here and just picked up my 2012 ML350 4MATIC last night.
Leasing the Palladium Silver/Black MBTex.
Got a good deal on it and was able to take advantage of the Winter event and Fleet program.
Features:
S02
Running boards
Pano Sunroof
Lane tracking
Heated steering wheel
Also added the 30mo Maintenance and Tire/wheel+ package.

This is my first truck and European vehicle so definitely will need to get used to the added weight. I’m used to Jap cars...Infiniti/Lexus.

My take on it...pretty much what everyone else has said.

The new design of the truck is very nice however I wish I could have gotten the lighting package. It would have brought the truck up to par with its competition. I'm shocked that it was not a standard feature. However it wasn't a deal breaker and my current lease is ending very shortly.
The interior is beautiful especially with the ambient lighting and HK sound system. Drive like a luxury sedan! The interior makes up for the non HIDs.

I've found no problems at all so far. Cabin is whisper quiet with no air leaks. Highway driving is perfect but as people already stated in other threads…at low speeds the steering is too loose. Something to get used to.

The mirror lights (puddle lights) do not work. Will have the service center fix this problem.

So far I am very happy with the truck and am actually surprised that MB has caught up with the technology in the vehicle. I didn't expect my contacts from my iPhone to get copied over and also able to utilize multiple profiles.

Thanks to all of you on this forum. This forum has made my decision to go with MB a lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails New Truck in my Driveway!-ml350-1.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-ml350-2.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-ml350-3.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-ml350-4.jpg  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:49 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Nice truck, man. Congratulations.

Take some interior pic's when you get a chance =)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:33 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
I don't think the steering is loose at low speed its just real light. But I like that feature. Very easy to maneuver at low speeds.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM

2012 ML350 4MATIC (GAS)
MD Boy: I'll post some pics of the interior tomorrow.

katiesdad7: I prefer to have a little more tightness but it's not bad.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM

BMW 535, Corvette, Impala SS
What are you paying? In the market too. I'm in NYC as well
Old 01-07-2012, 01:49 AM

2012 ML350 4MATIC (GAS)
z51vette....I sent you a PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM

2012 ML350 4MATIC (GAS)
Below are some pics of the interior. I used my iPhone camera so their not that good.
Attached Thumbnails New Truck in my Driveway!-interior1.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-interior2.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-interior3.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-interior4.jpg   New Truck in my Driveway!-interior5.jpg  

Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by ML12NYC
Below are some pics of the interior. I used my iPhone camera so their not that good.

Yea I passed on Ray Catena...I'm In BKLYN NY...Ended up going to Rallye in Long Island...

However, Having some Issues with the Truck (Window Motor 3rd time) and they are going to replace the Truck because it's something I will just not stand for 30 months...Anyway I hear ya on the HID's...I changed the Bulbs to Phillips Bulbs from R&S Strauss, and they are not as Yellow at all, and are much brighter....I was extremely close to doing HID's (aftermarket) Big headaches...Also do you really dig the Ambient lighting? My dealer will get me a P2 truck if I'm willing to wait an extra 3 weeks or so...I think it's worth waiting since the HK System, Push to start, And that super cool Ambient lighting will take that bad taste out of my mouth for having to visit benz for a faulty window motor 3 times in a month.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM

2012 ML350 4MATIC (GAS)
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I didn't notice the yellow lights until tonight. I definitely will change the bulbs. I'll wait on HIDs until the truck matures a bit. Don't want to create new problems.

The P2 package is definitely worth it to me. I personally like the ambient lighting and the HK sound system however it's your call.

If I were you I would demand a new truck. It cost too much money to have those issues.