M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New Multi Contour Seat c/w Massage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE 450
I have an alleged mid-August build date and was told I would not get the seats as there would not be available until Sept. C'est la vie!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
First online details about the new multi-contour seats I've found on MB's German website in the GL section here:

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...nt0003fold0007

Here's google's translation:

"In particular, to support the back, the outline of the multi-contour seat can be individually adjusted to the driver or passenger. This is done by regulating the air pressure in the air chambers of the multi-contour seat.

The multi-contour seats are equipped with 4-way lumbar support, adjustable side bolsters of the seat back for optimum lateral support,
Seat cushion depth adjustment to support the thighs and massage function with different settings (speed, intensity, etc.).

The luxury head restraints can be vertical (55 mm) and horizontally (44 mm) adjustable, so that adaptation is possible at the head. Additionally the sides of the comfort headrests for the front turn 20 degrees to achieve the best possible lateral support."

The adjoining picture, if accurate, shows they don't look any different than the 2012 regular seats.
Attached Thumbnails New Multi Contour Seat c/w Massage-multi-contour-seats.jpg  
Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Having trouble getting any information on these Multi Contour seats here in Australia. It's not standard on the W166 or on the options list, and even the dealer was unsure about them. My W164 had them and they were great.

Does anybody have any pics of the Multi Contour seats control panel in the new W166 ML? If so could you please post them? Or if no pics any web links to pictures perhaps? If you've got a code that would be great too, thanks

I've searched as many MB websites as I can - USA, UK, Germany (I don't speak German but it's sometimes easy to still get an idea) and our local one too. There's a bit of info on the German site, and the US site mentions it when you go "build" your own vehicle, it's an $1100 option I think, but I still can't see any pics or get a code.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Cheers from Down-Under!!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
We only get the option of "Luxury seats - heated and ventilated" (401). But we get so much standard that the boys across the big puddle should be envious of us.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
MC seat code

Originally Posted by AussieBenzLover
There's a bit of info on the German site, and the US site mentions it when you go "build" your own vehicle, it's an $1100 option I think, but I still can't see any pics or get a code.
The code is 399, "Mulicontour driver/passenger seat with massage and comfort headrest"
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM

'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iankayem
We only get the option of "Luxury seats - heated and ventilated" (401). But we get so much standard that the boys across the big puddle should be envious of us.
Thanks mate, yeah, I have selected that option too. Just trying to get to the bottom of this multi-contour seat business. I want them if possible too.

And yes, we do get alot of things standard that the US folks miss out on, but so we should considering how much more we pay.

Cheers!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
The code is 399, "Mulicontour driver/passenger seat with massage and comfort headrest"
Greg, thank you again for that valuable information. I'll be on the 'dog & bone' to my dealer first thing tomorrow.

I see your name pop up alot on these forums. Thanks for all your input, your knowledge is fantastic.

Happy & safe motoring pal!!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM

Greg, thank you again for that valuable information. I'll be on the 'dog & bone' to my dealer first thing tomorrow.

I see your name pop up alot on these forums. Thanks for all your input, your knowledge is fantastic.

Happy & safe motoring pal!!

Ask your dealer to print out for you their online dealer ordering guide (aka Netstar). That will show you all the available options and their order codes, many of which do not show on the main MB websites and sales people don't even mention them when you come in to order your car.

For the best info on how the multi-contour seats work, go to the online interactive manual here:
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...en/flash8.html

Once you are there, select "In Depth" and then click on the COMMAND Online tab and look up "seat functions" in the index. This will show you how they are set and controlled.

Here's a shortcut to the index (click on "S" for seat):
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...=comand-online

Cheers!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by gplank
Ask your dealer to print out for you their online dealer ordering guide (aka Netstar). That will show you all the available options and their order codes, many of which do not show on the main MB websites and sales people don't even mention them when you come in to order your car.

For the best info on how the multi-contour seats work, go to the online interactive manual here:
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...en/flash8.html

Once you are there, select "In Depth" and then click on the COMMAND Online tab and look up "seat functions" in the index. This will show you how they are set and controlled.

Here's a shortcut to the index (click on "S" for seat):
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...=comand-online

Cheers!
Wow, thanks for that, great information and now it's starting to make more sense.

I will ask the dealer to print out that info for me, but I doubt they'll do it, they're all very secretive here for some reason. They won't even give you an options price list. Even after I told them I wanted to buy a $140K car and do most of the configuring via e-mail and over the phone (as the dealer isn't really local, so I was trying to avoid having to make several trips back & forth) they still insisted they could only give me the information while sitting down face to face. Fortunately for them I wanted this car bad enough, otherwise I normally would have gone elsewhere after being given that treatment. So far I've made about 5-6 trips in to the dealer to discuss options and then sign up the final order back in June.

How far away is your ML550? Mine is still at least 3 months

Cheers from Down-Under, and thanks again!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM

Wow, thanks for that, great information and now it's starting to make more sense.

I will ask the dealer to print out that info for me, but I doubt they'll do it, they're all very secretive here for some reason. They won't even give you an options price list. Even after I told them I wanted to buy a $140K car and do most of the configuring via e-mail and over the phone (as the dealer isn't really local, so I was trying to avoid having to make several trips back & forth) they still insisted they could only give me the information while sitting down face to face. Fortunately for them I wanted this car bad enough, otherwise I normally would have gone elsewhere after being given that treatment. So far I've made about 5-6 trips in to the dealer to discuss options and then sign up the final order back in June.

How far away is your ML550? Mine is still at least 3 months

Cheers from Down-Under, and thanks again!!
These might not be completely up-to-date, but go to my previous post here and download the guides: https://mbworld.org/forums/5153671-post75.html.

Attached below is also some information about what is new for 2013. However, one of the documents is written for Canada, so the standard equipment will not necessarily apply.

The best visualizer I've found online is, strangely enough, on the Cyprus MB website. You can try on the AMG or Standard body kit, as well as different selections of colors and tires, and then drive around town to see how your configuration looks in motion.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/cont...nce.flash.html

Enjoy!

P.S. My ML550 is set to build next month, with delivery in November. However, with the reports of a leather shortage and MLs stacking up outside the factory waiting for leather seats, I will not be surprised if it is delayed a month or so.
Attached Files

Last edited by gplank; 09-20-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
Gplank, that data only applies to US/Canada.

AussieBenzLover, if you PM me your fax number, I can send the full price list. I am located at Selby in the Dandenong Ranges.

I do not want to publish it on the forum as it is supposed to be confidential. One dealer would only issue it with "TBA" in all the price slots.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by gplank
These might not be completely up-to-date, but go to my previous post here and download the guides: https://mbworld.org/forums/5153671-post75.html.

Attached below is also some information about what is new for 2013. However, one of the documents is written for Canada, so the standard equipment will not necessarily apply.

The best visualizer I've found online is, strangely enough, on the Cyprus MB website. You can try on the AMG or Standard body kit, as well as different selections of colors and tires, and then drive around town to see how your configuration looks in motion.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/cont...nce.flash.html

Enjoy!

P.S. My ML550 is set to build next month, with delivery in November. However, with the reports of a leather shortage and MLs stacking up outside the factory waiting for leather seats, I will not be surprised if it is delayed a month or so.
WOw, that's fantastic info also, a huge thanks for that!

And yeah how good is that Cyprus website? The mind boggles wondering why MB wouldn't do that on all their websites really. On our local one there's no feature to build a car at all, let alone price it up, or see how it looks in all the different colours. Hence why I originally went exporing the other MB sites.

Yep my ML's being built next month too, apparently on the 31st Oct. Have no idea how long it takes, and I'm sure mine will need to drop off the normal production line to have some of the options fitted. From the time I signed the order in June my date of delivery has now gone from mid-Nov to 31 Dec. My gut feeling tells me I won't see it until early 2013 though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by iankayem
Gplank, that data only applies to US/Canada.

AussieBenzLover, if you PM me your fax number, I can send the full price list. I am located at Selby in the Dandenong Ranges.

I do not want to publish it on the forum as it is supposed to be confidential. One dealer would only issue it with "TBA" in all the price slots.

Thank you also for that information. I have sent you a PM too. Cheers