M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Red ML550 w/ventilated leather contour, 20" wheels, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 ML550, '08 ML320cdi (retired) & '99 ML320 (retired)
Red ML550 w/ventilated leather contour, 20" wheels, etc

Just put deposit on ML550 with several options the forum said are not available. Went with the Cinnabar with black leather, 20" AMG, multi-contour seats with ventilation, wood steering wheel, hitch, HK sound, Keyless, P01, and Lighting. The computer said it will be built in the 1st decade of November. Hopefully the rumors that the leather and 20" wheels are not available are not true. The rep said November was the first date where all the options were available.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Congrats! Sounds like a good list of options!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by elveston
Just put deposit on ML550 with several options the forum said are not available. Went with the Cinnabar with black leather, 20" AMG, multi-contour seats with ventilation, wood steering wheel, hitch, HK sound, Keyless, P01, and Lighting. The computer said it will be built in the 1st decade of November. Hopefully the rumors that the leather and 20" wheels are not available are not true. The rep said November was the first date where all the options were available.
Has your dealer been able to generate a purchase order number for you? If not, then they haven't or haven't been able to place the order. From what I understand, it's only when trying to get a purchase order placed will the order system indicate that an option cannot be ordered due to no availability, like with the leather.

What market are you in? From the MLs in your 'garage,' it looks like our not in the U.S.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM

I do have a PO number, so I believe the allocation is correct. After talking to several dealers who said the leather wouldn't be available and the 20" wheels would only be available around December, I was surprised when this dealer said he was finally able to get everything I wanted (plus the HK sound upgrade I didn't really want).

I shopped MB dealers over half of Texas looking for the 550, including Dallas, Tyler, Austin, Beaumont, and San Antonio. But it was a dealer here in Houston that came up with the allocation for first decade November build. My best offer was from the Tyler dealer at 2% above invoice, but they were talking MBTex and an uncertain date. I ended up slightly under MSRP but will likely use the USAA incentive at delivery. The dealer also includes free lifetime maintenance (A & B) as well as sending a flatbed with loaner to pick up the MB for service. It's the little things that count.

The order also included a charge for a $250 special order for the MBTex wrapped dash and about $170 for wiring for the rear seat entertainment so that passenger side seat could get memory. Does anyone know for certain these two charges aren't necessary?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 PM

2013 ML350BTC
Elveston, my ML350 Bluetec has a completion date of mid November. Sounds weird. I was able to order the passenger seat memory with lumbar separate from rear seat entertainment wiring. Option 242 with an msrp of $365. Don't know how you're getting both for $170, but hold em to it. Any order that has a special order option gets the $250. On my order, it lists which options are special order.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML 350
The passenger memory seat and the rear seat entertainment pre-wire are TWO separate options. I know 1st hand as I recently took delivery of 2013 ML350 with the rear seat pre wire and only to find out upon delivery that the price was reduced and the passenger seat memory was optioned out separately. This was after I was assured that the passenger seat memory would be included when I placed order in May 2012.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML550; 2018 C43 AMG; 2016 Porsche GT4
Originally Posted by GADGETEMT
The passenger memory seat and the rear seat entertainment pre-wire are TWO separate options. I know 1st hand as I recently took delivery of 2013 ML350 with the rear seat pre wire and only to find out upon delivery that the price was reduced and the passenger seat memory was optioned out separately. This was after I was assured that the passenger seat memory would be included when I placed order in May 2012.
I got trapped the same way. Wish we had that lumbar on the front passenger's seat.....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
I do have a PO number, so I believe the allocation is correct. After talking to several dealers who said the leather wouldn't be available and the 20" wheels would only be available around December, I was surprised when this dealer said he was finally able to get everything I wanted (plus the HK sound upgrade I didn't really want).

I shopped MB dealers over half of Texas looking for the 550, including Dallas, Tyler, Austin, Beaumont, and San Antonio. But it was a dealer here in Houston that came up with the allocation for first decade November build. My best offer was from the Tyler dealer at 2% above invoice, but they were talking MBTex and an uncertain date. I ended up slightly under MSRP but will likely use the USAA incentive at delivery. The dealer also includes free lifetime maintenance (A & B) as well as sending a flatbed with loaner to pick up the MB for service. It's the little things that count.

The order also included a charge for a $250 special order for the MBTex wrapped dash and about $170 for wiring for the rear seat entertainment so that passenger side seat could get memory. Does anyone know for certain these two charges aren't necessary?
Second decade November build puts you in Dec for delivery which seems to be what you were told. Each dealer speaks different about these things. This case may have been same thing diff storyteller. That is 2012 system pricing in US both are included I believe. I think they gave you an ML that was preordered maybe or someone cancelled because didn't want to wait? Emjoy
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 PM

After reading the comments on separating the Memory Package from the Rear Seat Pre-Wire, I got in touch with the MB rep again. He dropped the $170 Pre-Wire and added the $365 Passenger Seat w/Memory and Lumbar Support (code 242). It's interesting that there's better info here on the forum than at the dealership sometimes. Thanks.

Now, I still show a SPC Special Order of $250 for the U09 Upholstery Wrapped Dashboard which I believe is standard on the 550. Hopefully, the charge will drop off when the truck is delivered. With the first decade build, the rep thought it may arrived before Thanksgiving, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, I was initially told the Wood/Leather Steering wheel was not available, but it is included in the PO along with the Heated/Ventilated Front Seats. Which, I just noticed is a SPC code. So it is possible the $250 charge is for the ventilated seats and not the wrapped dash. Maybe I'll figure out just what I ordered by the time it gets here. Echos of Nancy Pelosi.

And I still haven't actually seen the Cinnabar.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
After reading the comments on separating the Memory Package from the Rear Seat Pre-Wire, I got in touch with the MB rep again. He dropped the $170 Pre-Wire and added the $365 Passenger Seat w/Memory and Lumbar Support (code 242). It's interesting that there's better info here on the forum than at the dealership sometimes. Thanks.

Now, I still show a SPC Special Order of $250 for the U09 Upholstery Wrapped Dashboard which I believe is standard on the 550. Hopefully, the charge will drop off when the truck is delivered. With the first decade build, the rep thought it may arrived before Thanksgiving, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, I was initially told the Wood/Leather Steering wheel was not available, but it is included in the PO along with the Heated/Ventilated Front Seats. Which, I just noticed is a SPC code. So it is possible the $250 charge is for the ventilated seats and not the wrapped dash. Maybe I'll figure out just what I ordered by the time it gets here. Echos of Nancy Pelosi.

And I still haven't actually seen the Cinnabar.
Yes, for 2012, pre-wiring for the rear entertainment secretly contained the power passenger seat with memory. Probably enough people complained about this idiotic bundle, assuming, like me, that a luxury vehicle like the ML would come with a power passenger seat...especially when it wasn't listed as part of that option, and all the interior photos showed the passenger memory buttons. So, they finally got a clue and unbundled it for 2013. And you're also right, just about every dealer I spoke with when I was looking for an 2012 (before I switched to 2013), were clueless about this. MBUSA's website also does not list all the options you can order....not even close...like the Active Curve System or the Soft Close Doors. However, I've been advised it's a good idea to get the pre-wiring for the rear entertainment even if you don't plan to use it, since you'll get it more than its cost back in a higher resale value. I wonder if others on this board would agree. The pre-wiring can also be used to run power to the new iPad seat-back holders, I'm told. You're right, there should not be a special order charge for the wrapped dash on the ML550, as it's standard for 2013 on the 550. And just so everyone knows, that $250 charge covers the first and all additional special order options...i.e., they don't charge that for each one you add, just the first one. So, your special order charge was likely for the wheel or vent seats. Meanwhile, here's what I've been hearing on the leather seats. Reportedly they are starting to garage MLs at the factory that have been ordered with the leather seats until they can give them leather seats. Your dealer, the few days before your ML gets built, might get a call, giveing the option to either built it with MBtex or wait for the leather....that is, unless they fix the shortage by then. However, I'm hearing it will likely not clear up until January. So, sad to say, be prepared for that....or as they say, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. ...and we're both in the same boat on this one. So, best of luck to you....and please keep us informed.