M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

An ongoing +/- list of my new ML63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
update

I have owned this vehicle now for somewhat near a month or more and many of the nits have diminished...
I've accustomed to some of the short comings and discovered many new pluses and can offer the following for conversation:

-the driver seat, bottom specific is just plain uncomfortable and the dealer has agreed to remove and inspect for possible issue
-some claim the HK stereo deficient..I say it's exceptional...I hear things in Vivaldi Four Seasons missing on my Anthem/Bryston/Magnapan 50K system at home..odd eh?
-the ECM will soon go out for a Renntech visit
-I love the look of the drop following the install of the adjustable links
-I have a line on a set of HRE TR45's for next summer and my winter wheels and tires are ready to be installed at the dealer
-side mirrors look good but are too narrow providing a less than adequate field of vision merging onto a freeway etc
-yes there is a gas cap holder on fuel door +++
-yes the visor does extend to cover the full sweep of the side window
-cabin and ride is so quiet it is surrealistic (good)
-ride is sport/comfort....not comfort sport...too taunt for our roads but it is what it is,..yikes for the HRE 22's
-windsheild sprayer application is adjustable and flow is manageable (but mine need to be focused)
-did I mention headlights are outstanding (and even turn with cornering)
-black will forever be my nemesis
-seat bottoms too short (my biggest whine...the seats)
-driver wiper sweep travel is too short..does not reach "a" pillar so leaves debris line 4" into field of vision (nit)
-many crevices cause water ribbons down doors from around mirror bases..
-running board traction nubs fragile and easily displaced..(glue and tape)
-tires far too soft (rating 160) for this nature of vehicle and might last 10,000 kms (PZeros)
-outstanding brakes....more bite than my ZR1 but at a price..softer pads..=DUST
-steering wheel position blocks dash info and with placement of door rest/console resting elbows while grasping steering wheel is not possible (annoying holding arms up)

- I've received my Blinder HP-905 jammer system and hope to install this weekend

All in all I'm settling in very well with this winner

Last edited by Nanook; 10-10-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML-350 Bluetec, 2006 Toyota Tundra
I've had my Bluetec for a month now, and you're absolutely correct about the narrowness of the rearview mirrors. Not a big deal, once you're used to them, but I wish they could have been designed with a little more forethought. No problems with the seat bottoms, but I haven't been on a long trip yet, so we shall see.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
I'll just say, be careful what you wish for with the mirrors. The 2008 C Class had large mirrors and people complained about the "Dumbo" mirrors that caused visibility problems when turning and also whistled at highway speeds. They were so bad that they only lasted that one year before they were replaced with smaller mirrors.

I had one of those 2008 C Classes and, yes, when I traded it in, it took a little bit of time to get used to a car with smaller mirrors, but it really was only a small amount of time. I don't miss those "Dumbo" mirrors at all now.