Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

Just Ordered 2014 ML550

 
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kperry215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Just Ordered 2014 ML550

Just ordered the ML550 Iridium Silver, Grey Leather, MB-Tex Wrapped Dashboard, Wood/Leather Steering Wheel, Premium 1 Pkg, Lighting Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Airmatic Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround System, Multi-Color Ambient Lighting, Keyless-Go, Parking Assist Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, 20" AMG Wheels. Looking forward to delivery.

Typically, how long for delivery? I just added the Airmatic Suspension (based on the predominantly positive comments on here about the Airmatic pkg...if you get the extended warranty which I'm planning to do) and am still in green status. I ordered on 10/30. The dealer said they expected it to go into production any day now. Is the ML550 typically assembled in a plant other than the Vance, Alabama facility? Based on what the dealer was telling me, it sounded like it was coming from another country.
kperry215 is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Phil.mount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mn
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 350 sold, 2014 Bluetec "Rudy"
It will be coming from Vance, all ML's are built there for the world!
Phil.mount is offline  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:38 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Coreysimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: East Bay Norther Cali
Posts: 81
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 55AMG
Six to eight weeks. Maybe a little longer if production runs into the holiday.
Coreysimms is offline  
Old 11-20-2013, 04:41 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw530
Tomorrow I have an appointment to order my new 550 also. Garynj
gvernt_2000 is offline  
Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 355
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Good choice - I love my 550. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I've already decided to buy it at lease end in March 2015. Power, comfort, safety and technology all rolled up in one good looking package.

Only mod is I just got the front windows tinted 35% to match the rears. Looks good and I like the privacy.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kperry215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Thanks to all for the information!
kperry215 is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 02:59 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 698
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 Panamera 4S
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue View Post
Good choice - I love my 550. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I've already decided to buy it at lease end in March 2015. Power, comfort, safety and technology all rolled up in one good looking package.

Only mod is I just got the front windows tinted 35% to match the rears. Looks good and I like the privacy.
Are you sure you wouldn't want to lease/buy the restyled version by then? Probably will have led headlights and new front/rear like the rest of the benzes
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 355
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
Are you sure you wouldn't want to lease/buy the restyled version by then? Probably will have led headlights and new front/rear like the rest of the benzes
Not if the 550 with biturbo 4.6 will be gone and downgraded to the 400 like I have been reading about.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 01:06 AM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Pntblnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 584
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Originally Posted by kperry215 View Post
Just ordered the ML550 Iridium Silver, Grey Leather, MB-Tex Wrapped Dashboard, Wood/Leather Steering Wheel, Premium 1 Pkg, Lighting Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Airmatic Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround System, Multi-Color Ambient Lighting, Keyless-Go, Parking Assist Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, 20" AMG Wheels. Looking forward to delivery.

Typically, how long for delivery? I just added the Airmatic Suspension (based on the predominantly positive comments on here about the Airmatic pkg...if you get the extended warranty which I'm planning to do) and am still in green status. I ordered on 10/30. The dealer said they expected it to go into production any day now. Is the ML550 typically assembled in a plant other than the Vance, Alabama facility? Based on what the dealer was telling me, it sounded like it was coming from another country.
The options you have listed plus trailer hitch are exactly what my wife wants. What were you able to negotiate on the special order? We have a GL350 on order with late Jan build date but waffling on the ML550 as a better choice. Thnx
Pntblnk is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 E550 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue View Post
Good choice - I love my 550. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I've already decided to buy it at lease end in March 2015. Power, comfort, safety and technology all rolled up in one good looking package.
Would you mind saying what the buyout will be? I plan on ordering one soon and am wondering about lease/purchase vs. straight purchase.
Gerry_C is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 AM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw530
My Purchase

Was $500 over factory invoice...GaryNJ
gvernt_2000 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 355
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by Gerry_C View Post
Would you mind saying what the buyout will be? I plan on ordering one soon and am wondering about lease/purchase vs. straight purchase.
I'm in Canada so it wouldn't be too relevant to you since we pay quite a bit more up here. I am away at my vacation home for the holidays and don't have my lease but I believe it's around $44k.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw530
MSRP

I think my MSRP comes in around $80,000 (US) using the internet build option, so I'm hoping some where around $75,000 (US)...GaryNJ

Last edited by gvernt_2000; 01-02-2014 at 09:56 AM.
gvernt_2000 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered 2014 ML550


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: