M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Just put down deposit - will get ML in January!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
The Emerald Cruiser - my 2024 GLE 350
Just put down deposit - will get ML in January!

Aloha everyone,

My wife and I just got back from the MB dealership after having put down a deposit on a 2014 ML350! I'm really stoked about my ML350 purchase getting a bit more concrete. Instead of custom ordering a car and having to wait three months for it to get here, we were able to pick one from the list of cars the dealership ordered, set to be delivered in about a month. Here are the specs:

Lunar Blue Metallic
Almond Beige MB-Tex
Premium 1 package
Lane Tracking package
Parktronic with Active Parking Assist
Pre-wiring for Rear Seat Entertainment System
Keyless-Go

MSRP on this vehicle is $56,020, but using the USAA incentive, I got it at $52,080.21. Of course, once the Hawaii Sales Tax was applied, the $2,000 USAA incentive was wiped out. After all fees were added in, the final cost will be $55,195.16, still a pretty good price.

I wasn't interested in all the "bling" options, so the only thing on the car that I wouldn't have picked myself was the pre-wiring for the rear seat entertainment system. I would have liked to get the Driver Assist Package, but none of the cars ordered by the local dealer had that option.

Now, I'll just have to bide my time until it gets here!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 55AMG
Originally Posted by bud.jones
Aloha everyone,

My wife and I just got back from the MB dealership after having put down a deposit on a 2014 ML350! I'm really stoked about my ML350 purchase getting a bit more concrete. Instead of custom ordering a car and having to wait three months for it to get here, we were able to pick one from the list of cars the dealership ordered, set to be delivered in about a month. Here are the specs:

Lunar Blue Metallic
Almond Beige MB-Tex
Premium 1 package
Lane Tracking package
Parktronic with Active Parking Assist
Pre-wiring for Rear Seat Entertainment System
Keyless-Go

MSRP on this vehicle is $56,020, but using the USAA incentive, I got it at $52,080.21. Of course, once the Hawaii Sales Tax was applied, the $2,000 USAA incentive was wiped out. After all fees were added in, the final cost will be $55,195.16, still a pretty good price.

I wasn't interested in all the "bling" options, so the only thing on the car that I wouldn't have picked myself was the pre-wiring for the rear seat entertainment system. I would have liked to get the Driver Assist Package, but none of the cars ordered by the local dealer had that option.

Now, I'll just have to bide my time until it gets here!
Congrats. You will love driving that smooth ride around the island.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Lunar Blue is probably one of my favorite colors from MBZ.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:23 PM

While the dealership does not have one on the lot in Lunar Blue, we did see an E class in that color and that is what sold it for me. It's one thing to see it in a picture, but to see it in person ..... It most certainly didn't hurt getting my wife's approval as well She's getting a CLA class next - she saw one on the lot and really liked it. Once our loan for the ML is paid off - we're going for a 36-monther - she'll get her CLA and she won't gave to wait the 6-12 months, that customers here in Honolulu currently have to wait, to get hers.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:31 PM

2015 C63S
Someone down the street from me has a lunar blue C-class so I routinely see that in person. Back when we were contemplating doing an ED on a C63 the color we'd done was Lunar Blue.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:53 PM

Out here in Honolulu, we don't see many Lunar Blue vehicles - they're primarily silver, black, or white. I've never seen an ML in Lunar Blue here. That is my favorite color, although Cinnabar Red is a very close second. I nearly pulled the trigger on a 2014 4MATIC in Cinnabar Red, but we don't need the 4MATIC system for how my wife and I drive.

Actually, the only colors that are a no-go for me are the silver and the brown ones. I have had silver-colored cars for the past 16 years and just wanted a different color this time, and for some reason I just don't like the brown. Still, that's just my opinion, which really only matters to me

i just can't wait until it gets in to the dealer and we can pick it up. That first time my wife and I drive down the road will be really nice. I'm going to have to "document" the purchase for my brother - he said he wants lots of pictures and videos . Actually, should he and his son get over here, he said he actually wants to drive it! I'm not sure if that'll happen, but we'll see
Old 12-07-2013, 02:07 PM

2015 C63S
Only color I try to avoid is red. But with that said sitting out in my driveway is a red car and in the garage is a burgundy one. Guess at some point in time I just quit caring about the colors. At one point pretty all I bought were dark green colored cars and looking back I'd paid a premium back then to get a color I wanted. My ML is white and until I owned a white truck I never cared for the color. After having the color I since learned it hides scratches really well and recently was told white is one of the easiest colors to paint.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 PM

I can understand your feelings vis a vis white. I was just on vacation in Florida and took my brothers to the International Auto Show in Tampa. While there, we took a look at the MLs - all in Polar White. They looked fantastic (yeah, I know the "boring" white - not the Diamond White ), but after taking a look at the Lunar Blue on a "real" car (ie., not a picture), I still chose Lunar Blue. I still really like the Polar White - not a bad choice at all.

On the reds, I tend more towards the burgundy colors than bright red. For example, I much prefer the Cinnabar Red of the ML line than the Mars Red of the GLK line.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:56 AM

I just checked my local Mercedes dealership's website and saw that my ML is now in transit! Not that I think it'll get here before January, but it would be great if it were to be so.