Attention assist / parking assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
Attention assist / parking assist

Hi all- just picked up a 2015 ml350.

I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

1. Attention assist- does the coffee cup on the dash stay on? Under the setting menu, the feature is "enabled" but not showing on the coffee cup on theinstrument cluster. Is that normal?

2. Parking assist- I have pulled up to a few spots that were suitable parking spots, but it seems like the car doesn't recognize the available spot. I'm thinking I'm doing something incorrect.

Any feed back would be a great help.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Coffee cup will show only when the car detects that you need a coffee break after X hours of driving or your depending on your driving style....etc. It won't show up normally even if enabled.
I don't have any experience with parking assist, so can't answer.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
There are a few posts about parking assist. I have the same issue. Ive only ever seen the little side arrow once or twice despite finding what I thought were great spots. I'm still trying to figure out the positioning and timing to get it to work consistently. So far, no luck.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:06 AM
hos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML250BT
With Park Assist I've found that you need tone further away from where you feel is right and also proceed beyond the space (feels wrong to go so far forward and out). This is the only way I've got it to work. But it does work a treat. Only found out a few weeks ago that Park Assist will also get you out of a park.

Does anyone know if you can use Park Assist to part in parallel parks (90 degrees) to kerb?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
My Observations:

I have found that park assist will locate a space when they tend to be smaller, tighter, questionable fit spaces that the driver may have doubts about fitting in. You have to be driving kind of slowly while looking, and now that you mention it, maybe a bit further away from the curb or parked vehicle sides than you might normally be while looking for a space. (Perhaps it is only measuring off of the "street side" of the parked car, not including back bumper area and curb area?) It doesn't seem to locate a spot behind a single parked car after a long stretch of empty curb either... but mine has indicated a parking space as I pulled up to a traffic light in the middle lane (lane 2) with gaps in the lane of waiting cars to my right in lane 1!

If you want a spot on the driver side of the street, you must have that turn signal on that side to tell the car to look on that side.

Once it identifies a spot however, it will park flawlessly.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by pamiboy
Coffee cup will show only when the car detects that you need a coffee break after X hours of driving or your depending on your driving style....etc. It won't show up normally even if enabled.
I don't have any experience with parking assist, so can't answer.
I noticed that too. A few years ago in C class loaners, I noticed the cup icon was on to indicate the feature was active. Now I guess its on when it it suggesting a rest or coffee break in our MLs.

Did you also notice (in KG equipped car like mine) When you touch the outer door handle to unlock, but don't pull the door open, there is a picture on the DIC of an ML driving towards you which appears for a few seconds until you pull the door open, when it is then replaced with a "Don't forget your key" statement.

If you unlock and pull the door open with no pause, the car icon never appears, and all you see is the key reminder. It should have been: see the car pic from the time you unlock until you get in and close the door behind you and then see the key reminder notice until you crank.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 05-03-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
Great.. thank you!! I thought i was going crazy with the parking assist! I will be out hunting for a spot to test the feature out. Thanks again for all the feedback.

I did notice the ML picture on the cluster. If i am not mistaken, you can access that picture in the submenu. All is does is show you a picture of the ML.. Not even sure what the purpose it.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by manjurino1
Great.. thank you!! I thought i was going crazy with the parking assist! I will be out hunting for a spot to test the feature out. Thanks again for all the feedback.

I did notice the ML picture on the cluster. If i am not mistaken, you can access that picture in the submenu. All is does is show you a picture of the ML.. Not even sure what the purpose it.
When you set that option, if you wander across a road marking line, the line on that side of the picture changes color.