Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2005 E55 AMG, 63k, Weistec, HREs, near MINT

For Sale

Old 05-04-2020, 02:33 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E55 | 1968 Road Runner

Was finally able to drive this thing this weekend. Put a whopping 5 miles on it...but it runs like a savage! Almost there...
The following 3 users liked this post by WideRide:
BCP (05-05-2020), Boosthx (06-13-2020), Cylinder Head (05-05-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 06:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 E63S AMG w/CCB's
Glad to hear things are back in motion!!! Props for being a stand up seller! I'll be going through mine with a fine tooth comb before sale as well, couldn't live with myself otherwise.
The following users liked this post:
WideRide (05-06-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
And here we have the incredibly endangered species known as the “Stand Up Seller”
The following 4 users liked this post by Cylinder Head:
BCP (05-20-2020), chawkins2001 (05-06-2020), E55Greasemonkey (05-10-2020), WideRide (05-06-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 ZR1 corvette
My money

Originally Posted by WideRide

Was finally able to drive this thing this weekend. Put a whopping 5 miles on it...but it runs like a savage! Almost there...

great so do I get my deposit back or do I get to buy the car ???? I have asked for the opportunity for a very long time and I’m out a 1000 bucks is how you guys do business on MB ... no way this would fly on the corvette forum. Not trying to be a dick but I was the first guy to send money I have text messages that I would have first opportunity to buy the car or I would get my deposit back I know some unforeseen circumstances have popped up but this is the first I’ve heard about the car being back up for sale I actually had to search for it. I guess the worst case is you just keep my money and not sell me a car🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by Londonk; 05-10-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Londonk
great so do I get my deposit back or do I get to buy the car ???? I have asked for the opportunity for a very long time and I’m out a 1000 bucks is how you guys do business on MB ... no way this would fly on the corvette forum. Not trying to be a dick but I was the first guy to send money I have text messages that I would have first opportunity to buy the car or I would get my deposit back I know some unforeseen circumstances have popped up but this is the first I’ve heard about the car being back up for sale I actually had to search for it. I guess the worst case is you just keep my money and not sell me a car🤷🏻‍♂️

Chris, I called you twice and text you three times this week with no response to anything. Your phone doesn't even ring, it goes directly to voicemail each time. I only have one phone number for you. If you want the car then come get it but I'm not going to continue to store it until the time is right for you. I will gladly send you your non-refundable deposit back. Just call, email, PM, text me the address and I will put a check out on Monday morning. There are many other buyers who want the car immediately.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:35 PM

2019 ZR1 corvette
Chris, I called you twice and text you three times this week with no response to anything. Your phone doesn't even ring, it goes directly to voicemail each time. I only have one phone number for you. If you want the car then come get it but I'm not going to continue to store it until the time is right for you. I will gladly send you your non-refundable deposit back. Just call, email, PM, text me the address and I will put a check out on Monday morning. There are many other buyers who want the car immediately.

no worries at all I never got a call not sure what number you have I believe a few months ago I followed up with you just to touch base and you told me you would get in touch with me I’m sorry if we had a missed connection can you please PM your number I can’t find yours
Old 05-10-2020, 10:57 PM

2019 ZR1 corvette

another PM SENT please reach out to me thanks
Old 05-11-2020, 01:34 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2006 CLS55
Which gen model is that weistec kit?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:32 AM

another PM SENT please reach out to me thanks
My number is in the initial for sale post of this thread it's how you originally contacted me. But I'll PM it to you also.

Last edited by WideRide; 05-11-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by ta72
Which gen model is that weistec kit?
I think they are currently on gen 3. If so, this is a gen 2. I bought this one about 2 months before the current version came out. I do not think there is much difference between the gen 2 and 3. Weistec claims the intercooler brick is more efficient in the 3 but this car has a Killer Chiller anyway so that's a moot point in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
2023 e450 cabriolet, 2015 s550, 2024 c300 , 2006 E55, 2005 e320, 2007 gl450, 2014 e63
Hope y’all can figure it out! Doesn’t seem like a scam as the owner seems to be responding here and making it right etc
Old 05-11-2020, 04:48 PM

There is absolutely no scam whatsoever.
In post #54, it is said that there are text messages saved from me stating that he would have right of first refusal. Then in post #56, my number cannot be found to contact me.
I've had the same phone number for 18 years and it's posted in this for sale thread.
BCP (05-20-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 06:47 PM

2019 ZR1 corvette
There is absolutely no scam whatsoever.
In post #54, it is said that there are text messages saved from me stating that he would have right of first refusal. Then in post #56, my number cannot be found to contact me.
I've had the same phone number for 18 years and it's posted in this for sale thread.

agreed not a scam just a miscommunication and a few unseen circumstances that popped up with the car and weather and now this covid BS moving forward all is good
BCP (05-20-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 PM

These two don't get along. One has to go...
The following 2 users liked this post by WideRide:
Speedyhawk101 (06-20-2020), STLAMG (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 360 Likes on 311 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Bet you wished that 55 shifted like the GTR LOL. They are amazing !!!!
WideRide (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:36 AM

agreed not a scam just a miscommunication and a few unseen circumstances that popped up with the car and weather and now this covid BS moving forward all is good
I PM'd you my number days ago. Please contact me if you want this car. I am not going to continue to hold it.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 360 Likes on 311 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
This thread is getting nut's. The next question will be what color is the car !!! LOL Hope she sell's for you soon.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:38 PM

2019 ZR1 corvette
I PM'd you my number days ago. Please contact me if you want this car. I am not going to continue to hold it.

I sent you a pm back thanks
Old 05-20-2020, 07:49 AM

Well, after all that drama, the original depositor says......wait for it....he doesn't want the car anymore! The kicker? The non-refundable deposit this person placed in July of 2019, they want returned to them. That's typically how these things work, right? LOL.

Anyway, the car is officially for sale again!
E55Greasemonkey (05-20-2020), Munchy (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 12:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 S63 AMG
Yikes, props to the OP for being a stand up guy though. Don't think many would've had the patience to try and deal with that nonsense...
Old 05-20-2020, 01:04 PM

2006 CLS55
Well, after all that drama, the original depositor says......wait for it....he doesn't want the car anymore! The kicker? The non-refundable deposit this person placed in July of 2019, they want returned to them. That's typically how these things work, right? LOL.

Anyway, the car is officially for sale again!
They made the deposit middle of last year and didnt pickup? If they cancel, that depost is yours.
WideRide (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 07:00 PM

Deposit taken...
BCP (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 07:10 AM

2019 ZR1 corvette
Originally Posted by ta72
They made the deposit middle of last year and didnt pickup? If they cancel, that depost is yours.

if you follow this thread from the beginning you can see why the car was not picked up .....weather quote from seller not going to fix the car with 2 feet of snow on the ground. The ECU was toast so I’m going to buy a non running car ? Ok SMH the current owner has spent months trying to track down the guy who was going to fix the ECU with no luck ! anyway I’m personally spooked at this point. If the Op needs to keep my money its just a lesson learned. I have bought dozens of cars off of forums this first time someone has taken my money. Times are tough I guess

Last edited by Londonk; 05-21-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:17 AM

I am not going to bicker back and forth over this. I will say this and be done for anyone who can learn from this...

At the end of the day, I held the car initially for many weeks before the car had the ECU issue because this person said they were busy running their business and couldn't come retrieve the car. The ECU issue was brought on by me wanting the car to be perfect for the next owner and requesting a new tune to smooth things out further. During the tune load, the ECU was bricked, etc., etc. Had I never touched it or the buyer had come to get the car more swiftly, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this. I wouldn't be out $3,200+ and nearly $800 more in insurance costs racked up. But, I did tell him he could take the time needed to attend to his business and then come get the car. So, that part is on me.

The depositor became agitated (in this thread) just as recently as May 9th, 2020 when he seemed to feel that the car was going to be sold without him having a chance to complete the sale. My assumption was that he still wanted the car. So, I tried contacting him....over and over with no response. Calls and texts. Then he would ONLY respond through private messages on this site (odd), despite having my phone number. Let it be known that as of this post, he has still not contacted me on my personal phone, only through PM (even though he and I spent hours on the phone discussing this car last year). Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I received another PM stating that he is now 'spooked' and he believes the car will be 'problematic' going forward, he is going to pass and wants his initial deposit back. He and I mutually agreed that the deposit he put down was non-refundable. He even suggested sending me several thousand dollars more shortly after to further cement his commitment to buy the car AND so that if he took a flight here, he wouldn't be hassled at the airport for carrying a large quantity of cash on him. I declined because I felt that was unnecessary.

I should have read the writing on the wall. But, I am a man of my word and until he explicitly told me he was no longer interested in the car, I was going to pursue his ownership.

Regarding the final sentence in his last post...times ARE tough, for millions of people. I am fortunate to work in an industry and for a company that has retained my employment throughout this pandemic. The off-hand suggestion that I would retain the deposit because I am experiencing some financial hardship and need the money is asinine and I won't entertain it further.

In my post on 5/10/20, I hastily wrote that I would return his deposit. I was irritated by his erratic behavior and the fact that he wouldn't reach out to me directly and only through PM on this site. So, I will send it back, because I don't need someone else's money. Even though it was mutually agreed that it was non-refundable from the start.

The car is awesome, period. It's fully fixed and the new owner is gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

BCP (05-21-2020), Boosthx (06-13-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 12:19 PM

2006 CLS55
I am not going to bicker back and forth over this. I will say this and be done for anyone who can learn from this...

At the end of the day, I held the car initially for many weeks before the car had the ECU issue because this person said they were busy running their business and couldn't come retrieve the car. The ECU issue was brought on by me wanting the car to be perfect for the next owner and requesting a new tune to smooth things out further. During the tune load, the ECU was bricked, etc., etc. Had I never touched it or the buyer had come to get the car more swiftly, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this. I wouldn't be out $3,200+ and nearly $800 more in insurance costs racked up. But, I did tell him he could take the time needed to attend to his business and then come get the car. So, that part is on me.

The depositor became agitated (in this thread) just as recently as May 9th, 2020 when he seemed to feel that the car was going to be sold without him having a chance to complete the sale. My assumption was that he still wanted the car. So, I tried contacting him....over and over with no response. Calls and texts. Then he would ONLY respond through private messages on this site (odd), despite having my phone number. Let it be known that as of this post, he has still not contacted me on my personal phone, only through PM (even though he and I spent hours on the phone discussing this car last year). Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I received another PM stating that he is now 'spooked' and he believes the car will be 'problematic' going forward, he is going to pass and wants his initial deposit back. He and I mutually agreed that the deposit he put down was non-refundable. He even suggested sending me several thousand dollars more shortly after to further cement his commitment to buy the car AND so that if he took a flight here, he wouldn't be hassled at the airport for carrying a large quantity of cash on him. I declined because I felt that was unnecessary.

I should have read the writing on the wall. But, I am a man of my word and until he explicitly told me he was no longer interested in the car, I was going to pursue his ownership.

Regarding the final sentence in his last post...times ARE tough, for millions of people. I am fortunate to work in an industry and for a company that has retained my employment throughout this pandemic. The off-hand suggestion that I would retain the deposit because I am experiencing some financial hardship and need the money is asinine and I won't entertain it further.

In my post on 5/10/20, I hastily wrote that I would return his deposit. I was irritated by his erratic behavior and the fact that he wouldn't reach out to me directly and only through PM on this site. So, I will send it back, because I don't need someone else's money. Even though it was mutually agreed that it was non-refundable from the start.

The car is awesome, period. It's fully fixed and the new owner is gonna enjoy the hell out of it.
Your doing the right thing.Just give it back to the guy and be done with. I guess i didnt read the whole thread.